More than what meets the eye

Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So I finally made a Twitter account as Kariboo17. Please follow this accounts for any updates or a spazz friend :) https://twitter.com/kariboo17

I tagged this with M because of a short ual scene but it's not detailed nor ty overload. It entails a part of Taeyeon's past. Also there will be a gory scene but I didn't elaborate so much on it. Hopefully you get my drift haha.

 

This update have 16K+ words! Damn, it's long lol. Anyway, if you did like this chapter, as usual please vote. One of the reason I updated this first is because it got a lot of votes last time. Comments are also appreciated! :D <3

 

xoxo,

-kariboo17

 

*****

 

Seohyun parked the car just outside the already full garage. Their garage is already full of six cars of different types. The orange Hummer pick-up belongs to Yoona, the red Volvo convertible is Yuri's, a white two seater Audi is Sooyoung's, a yellow two seater Mercedes Benz convertible is Hyoyeon's, a black two seater Ferrari is Taeyeon's and a modest Renault clio that Seohyun own.

 

If Seohyun's car is parked here how did she manage to go at the alley where she found Jessica and her friends?

 

Well if Seohyun willed it, she can go to the place that she think of. She was at the house the entire time but she remained in a telepathic link with Sooyoung. Compared to Yoona's telepathic abilities, Sooyoung's is a two way communication. Yoona can read minds but the other cannot read hers. Sooyoung can hear thoughts and it doesn't limit to a specific space. Once she got a lock on one's thoughts, that distinct tenor every individual possess, will forever be engraved in her memory.

 

For example, if she gets an access to Seohyun's thoughts she can listen to it all day and if she let Seohyun enter her thoughts, Seohyun may end up listening what's inside her head. Sooyoung can communicate with her and Seohyun can communicate back. The link is only possible at a limited distance however that's why even if she got a lock on Denise's thoughts earlier, she still lost her. Denise was already far away so the link couldn't happen. When Denise is at a closer distance though, if ever she decides to return, Sooyoung will hear her. Taeyeon will also see her coming so they will be prepared.

 

And so, when Sooyoung told everyone she's linked with she found Jessica and the others, Seohyun appeared near the alley at her will.

 

She tapped the girls awake. They slowly fluttered their eyes open, momentarily lost but quickly remembered where they are.

 

"Good, you're awake." Seohyun said merrily. "You guys fell asleep. It must have really scared you a lot, huh?" She prodded carefully to make sure they don't remember what she said in the car earlier.

 

"Yes. That might be the case." Jessica nodded absent mindedly, unaware of the relieved sigh that escaped Seohyun.

 

Once they were fully conscious, Seohyun invited them inside the house. The full of cars garage didn't escape their notice but it wasn't something that can awe them greatly. Their garage at home is also full of cars. Jessica even have a yacht.

 

Seohyun lead them to the kitchen where they spotted Hyoyeon digging through the fridge.

 

"Hey, Hyo. Making dinner?" Seohyun hopped up the counter and sat on it.

 

"Yup." Closing the fridge, Hyoyeon finally noticed the guests. "Oh, you brought some guests. Hi, I'm Hyoyeon."

 

Tiffany nodded. "Yes, we know you. It's nice to personally meet you. I'm-"

 

"Tiffany." Hyoyeon finished, chuckling at Tiffany's embarrassed look. "You're Sunny and of course, you're Jessica. Hungry?"

 

The three of them exchanged glances before nodding altogether. Hyoyeon chuckled and went back to gathering the ingredients she can find in the fridge.

 

Seohyun hopped off the counter. "I'll take them upstairs, Hyo. They need new clothes."

 

She lead them upstairs where the bedrooms and storage room are. The storage room is where their new and unused clothes are which were mostly purchased by Sooyoung who is the fashionista of the family. They will be just surprised a huge box of clothes is delivered to their house one day. Thank goodness Sooyoung's hobby died down a little. Hyoyeon convinced her and until now Seohyun has no idea how Hyoyeon did it. She had a feeling Yoona knows, besides the fact she can read Hyoyeon's mind, every time Sooyoung was tempted to buy something Yoona has this look she exchange with Sooyoung who will get flustered and abandon the idea.

 

Seohyun made a mental note to ask one day how Hyoyeon convinced Sooyoung.

 

The storage room was big and in the center of the room is a set of racks. All the stuff they put for storage is labeled and organized. Leading the guests to the furthest left column, they see six rows of unused, still plastic covered, clothes.

 

"Go, ahead. Pick the clothes you like. Don't worry, nobody owns them. Sooyoung often purchase in bulks and I will never understand why. Just because she has the money doesn't mean she has to spend it mindlessly."

 

Listening to Seohyun rant, they each picked the clothes they want. Once they were done, Seohyun lead them to her room where she has her own bathroom. Each of them have their own bathrooms inside their rooms in fact. Judging by that alone, you already get an idea how huge the house within the forest is.  Even though it's only two stories, it has a wide space.

 

"You're house is lovely." Tiffany came out the bathroom while Sunny entered this time. "I didn't have an idea the forest in front of Gwanghwamun was a private land."

 

She was wearing a simple flowery skirt and a white polo shirt. She looked like a tennis player especially with her hair tied in a ponytail.

 

"Thanks. Yoona purchased the land a long time ago from four noblemen. She patiently convinced them to sell it and then we, the both of us, planted all the trees. After years they're now our shield against the world. This place is our sanctuary." Seohyun opened her arms, gesturing to everything that's around her.

 

"Yoona purchased this long time ago?" Jessica asked carefully. "How long ago?"

 

Seohyun paused, remembering the time Yoona purchased the land. "I think it was around sixteen seventy six. That was a year after Yoona found me. She took me in and then we lived together since then. Ever since my town and her town got slaughtered we didn't have any more place to go. By then, Yoona still couldn't go out the sun."

 

"I'm sorry for your lost. She can't go out the sun?" Jessica listened attentively. She didn't want to miss any information regarding Yoona.

 

"Actually all the vampires can't go out the sun. I conjured a ring that can protect her from the sun when I turned fifteen. It was when I was already fully capable to control my powers. I think I made that ring around sixteen eighty." Seohyun remembered slightly.

 

Sunny finally got out the bathroom. She wore a pastel pink one piece dress that falls just below her knees. Jessica quickly went to the bathroom to change. She went as fast as she can because she didn't want to miss any of Seohyun's stories. When she got out, she wore a simple denim shorts and plaid black and grey shirt. She tucked the front ends of her shirt inside her shorts, ed the top two buttons and folded her ed sleeves up to her elbows.

 

"That was fast." Seohyun chuckled.

 

Jessica sheepishly scratched her nape. "I just... I didn't want to miss anything about your story."

 

"I see." Seohyun took the tattered dresses from them, throwing them at the trash bin in her room. "I hope you guys didn't need that anymore."

 

"Don't worry. It's fine. And if we bring that home our parents will question us what happened." Sunny explained.

 

Seohyun nodded in understanding. She ushered them out her room, planning to lead them back to the kitchen. She wanted to help Hyoyeon cook since it's been a while since they got guests inside the house. It's only Seohyun and Hyoyeon who eats human food in this house so they often prepare simple food like sandwiches or salads. Seohyun never really showcased her gourmet skills which she taught Hyoyeon. Now, it will be nice to make a tasty meal for the guests.

 

Sunny, Tiffany and Jessica sat on the bar stools, watching Seohyun and Hyoyeon make their dinner. They offered to help but Seohyun told them to just sit and wait. A guest should be comfortable according to Seohyun.

 

"Hmm... What's that smell?"

 

The three guests whipped their heads at the back door located in the kitchen. Sooyoung appeared, slowly walking over to Hyoyeon's side. Her speed right now was greatly less than her movements during the scuffle at the alley. She pecked Hyoyeon on the cheek before wrapping her arms around her waist.

 

"Seohyun and I are making waldorf salad topped with diced bacon and linguini in tomato sauce topped with basil and buttered prawns." Hyoyeon explained excitedly. She was frying the prawns in butter and garlic. She masterfully flipped the prawns by tossing the pan. She repeated the steps until the prawns were bright red.

 

"That looks yummy but I didn't understand anything you said." Sooyoung chuckled, placing another kiss on Hyoyeon's cheek. "And what is a basil?"

 

"Basil makes the food tasty." Hyoyeon replied simply. "Seohyun and I would have made pesto instead but we didn't have nuts."

 

Sooyoung lifted her gaze and stared at the three guests. "Nice clothes."

 

They flushed red which got worst when she chuckled heartily. Seohyun chopped the apples in perfect squares before dumping it in a big bowl and mixed it with the other ingredients like lettuces and tomatoes before finishing it by adding the bread croutons and dressing. After she finished her masterpiece, she then turned to Sooyoung and hit her on the arm.

 

"What was that about?" Sooyoung asked calmly. The hit had a loud smack so it would have hurt but she didn't show like there was even a little bit of pain.

 

"You broke the gate and it gave them a few scratches. Stop being theatrical, Sooyoung."

 

"Hey, that wasn't intentional. They were cornered and seconds away from being attacked. I had to get them out fast." Sooyoung shrugged but she didn't untangle her arms around Hyoyeon's waist.

 

"I-It's okay, Seohyun, really." Jessica intervened. The scratches are now gone thanks to Seohyun's healing spell but even if they didn't disappear it still wouldn't be life threatening. They'll chose being covered in scratches than being dead.

 

Sooyoung held a hand out to gesture at Jessica. "See? She said it's fine."

 

Seohyun shook her head. She tossed the salad carefully with two wooden ladles and once all the veggies were coated evenly with the dressing, she put it at the counter. She didn't stop the three girls from setting the table this time. They at least wanted to return the kindness and Seohyun let them.

 

Once the fettucine was cooked al dente, Seohyun drained the water before putting it in the saucer that already contain the tomato sauce Hyoyeon prepared. They mixed them together until the noodles were coated fairly with sauce. Hyoyeon stacked leaves of basil and performed a chiffonade cut. She sprinkled the finished cuts on the noddles before adding the cooked, shelled prawns. The dish looked delicious and the plating looked fabulous.

 

"Wow." The three of them said in unison, eyes of the two dishes.

 

"Let's eat!" Seohyun declared. She gave the noodle ladle to Tiffany, beckoning them to get first. She settled for the salad before passing it over to Hyoyeon.

 

"Baby, can you get some water? Or bring out the juice instead." Hyoyeon told Sooyoung as she munched on a piece of apple.

 

Sooyoung got a pitcher of water from the fridge and a carton of orange juice. She offered it to the guests first then returned standing behind Hyoyeon. She once again wrapped her arms around her, propping her chin on Hyoyeon's shoulder. From the affectionate gesture, it would seem for Jessica that the two were a couple that couldn't take their hands off each other.

 

It honestly made Jessica jealous. Seohyun said there is one human in this house. That would probably be Hyoyeon. How come a human like her is in a relationship with Sooyoung who is a vampire then? Why did Yoona and Jessica's love story have to have a different ending?

 

Sooyoung directed her gaze over Jessica who was looking at the couple with envy. "I know what you're thinking. I can hear you."

 

Jessica flushed red, embarrassed she was being obvious.

 

"No, you're not that obvious. I can just really hear your thoughts."

 

Jessica looked at her in surprise. "You can hear my thoughts?"

 

"I can hear every single mind in this room and the areas I can reach except Hyoyeon." Sooyoung turned to Seohyun. "And thank you, Seo. I can really be a jerk most of the time."

 

Seohyun shook her head. "Forget it. I meant all the time."

 

Sooyoung grinned then returned to gaze at Jessica. "You're not wondering why I can't read Hyo's mind?"

 

Jessica bit her lower lip. "Well, I am but I didn't want to say it since you'll read it anyway."

 

"No, no, no. I can hear thoughts. Yoona is the one who can read minds."

 

"What's the difference?"

 

"Yoona has to look someone in the eye in order to read thoughts. She doesn't need a gaze lock or anything as long as she can see the eyes of someone she can read their thoughts. For example, the three of you are staring at me and if I am Yoona, she can simultenously read all your thoughts, not because you're looking at me but because I have a line of vision of your eyes. There is a saying the eyes are the windows of the soul and that's Yoona's ability. She can read one's soul." Sooyoung explained calmly. "My abilities however is a broader version of Yoona's. Even if I don't make eye contact, as long as your brain is working, it's transmitting thoughts to me. I can hear you and anyone in my reach."

 

"Transmit?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Oh, you got that huh?" Sooyoung noted amusedly. "Each individual is different so is their thoughts. There is a distinct color or tenor in everyone's thoughts and once I've entered one's mind, he or she is now recognized by my brain. I've got a lock on that escape tracker. If ever she's near, I'll know and we'll have her head."

 

Hyoyeon playfully slapped Sooyoung on the arm when she noticed the looks of fear on the faces of their guests. "Hey, stop scaring them."

 

Sooyoung grinned at them. "Sorry. We often use that word so..."

 

"It's okay." Tiffany said. She twirled the noodles around her fork. "Since you often use that term I will assume that you've taken many heads."

 

Sooyoung and Seohyun guffawed loudly while Hyoyeon merely raised an eyebrow in amusement. Tiffany, the very confident and sharp tongued girl, felt embarrassed all of the sudden. For her, it suddenly felt like the owners of this household are of a higher status than her. They are immortals and she's merely human.

 

"As a matter of fact, yes." This time it was Seohyun who answered. "We've been in many fights like the one tonight and in some of those fight we were outnumbered."

 

"Thankfully all the vampires here have gifts. That's why we never lost a fight. Seohyun also got our back. She always casted us protection spells so we are always safe." Sooyoung added. "But during the early years when it was only Seohyun and Yoona, and eventually Taeyeon was later added, they encountered wars. It's not within the vampires but within humans. They create wars and that leave dead bodies. The blood entices Yoona and Taeyeon so they have to leave and go somewhere else where it's peaceful. You can actually say they've survived many wars. You can call them war veterans."

 

Seohyun chuckled. "I'd disagree but that's the truth. It's been a long time." The last war she remembered was the Korean war. It was during the third time they returned to Korea but only after a few years of settling down, the Korean War happened. Not to mention, it was during that time their family faced a huge  endeavor, especially Yoona.

 

"Wow, it must have been difficult moving around, finding a new home." Sunny noted. "You've probably gone to many places already."

 

"Yes, we have and it really was difficult moving. The first time we returned to Korea, after settling down in London, we first met Taeyeon.  We moved to many places after that including the Bahamas where we met Yuri. We don't stay in a place for a long time. People will notice we don't look our age after settling there for a very long time. The younger we started, the longer we can stay." Seohyun finished.

 

"If you wanted to start young why enroll as seniors? I mean you can pass off as sophomores." Jessica stated honestly.

 

"Good question." Hyoyeon nodded. She stare at Seohyun for an answer though she already knew it.

 

"Well, Yoona was twenty years old when she was sired so it will be hard to pass her off as a sixteen year old. Actually, the youngest in the family is Taeyeon. She was sired when she was seventeen. Hyoyeon will turn nineteen in four months, Sooyoung and Yuri were sired eighteen and nineteen years old respectively." Seohyun explained. "I fully matured when I was eighteen years old. This has been my appearance since then."

 

"They moved in Atlanta five years ago." Hyoyeon said. "I just lost my family in a fire at the Korean community in downtown Atlanta. That's when Sooyoung found me."

 

Sooyoung nodded, refusing to let go of Hyoyeon's waist. "I was the new doctor in town. They brought the survivors of that fire. Hyo didn't sustain any burns but she was devastated to learn her family perished. At that moment, when I first saw her cry, I felt the pull."

 

"The pull?" Jessica creased her forehead. What is that?

"There no name for it. It's a force that pulls a vampire to someone who she or he will spend eternity with." Sooyoung summarized. "In other words, I found my mate."

 

Jessica took a good look at the couple. She could see how much they love each other. Both of them can't take their hands and eyes off the other. She noticed Sooyoung just looking at Hyoyeon silently, adoring her as if she's the most precious gem in the world. "Eternity? But isn't she..." She didn't finish her sentence knowing Sooyoung already knows.

 

"Ah, because she's human?" Sooyoung chuckled. Jessica wondered if she was being ridiculous the whole night since they've been laughing at her more than she could count. "No, you're not ridiculous."

 

Jessica gasped. She's totally forgotten Sooyoung can hear her thoughts. Now she felt stupid.

 

Sooyoung bit back what could possibly be another laugh. "I'm just waiting for Hyoyeon to finish high school. After that, Yoona will sire her."

 

"Wait. I've been hearing sire the entire time but I don't understand what that is." Tiffany interrupted.

 

"Siring is the act of turning a human into a vampire. Yoona sired all of us and later she's going to do the same for Hyoyeon."

 

"Yoona will do it?" Jessica asked curiously. "She'll turn Hyoyeon like her?"

 

"Yeah, that's how siring is done." Sooyoung nodded. "Siring is a sort of bond. It's what keeps a coven intact. A coven is a group of vampires that formed an allegiance but we prefer to call it family. Humans that have been sired are loyal to the vampire who sired them. That's why all of us are loyal to Yoona. The bond of Seohyun and Yoona however doesn't need siring. They are family."

 

"You'll let another vampire bite your mate?" Jessica prodded carefully. She saw a twinkle in Sooyoung's gaze, knowing that Sooyoung understood the deeper meaning of the inquiry. Yes, Jessica was a tad jealous.

 

"I'm not actually okay with it but I'm not confident in siring Hyoyeon neither." Sooyoung admitted. She bent down and let her lips hover the base of Hyoyeon's neck. She took a sniff and pulled her head up. They were surprised to see her fangs protruding now. "I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to stop."

 

Seohyun got off her seat and momentarily separated the two. Sooyoung didn't fight and just moved over to the window, in the usual lightning fast speed, in order to calm herself.

 

"For Sooyoung, Hyoyeon has the most appealing blood. The scent entice her so much so if ever she sires Hyoyeon, the taste will make it difficult to stop." Seohyun added. She gazed at Sooyoung warily, watching her until she calmed down before sighing in relief.

 

"I shouldn't have asked." Jessica said guitily. "Sooyoung wouldn't have-"

 

"Don't worry, even if you didn't ask, as long as Sooyoung got a sniff of Hyoyeon's scent she still would change." Seohyun dismissed. She resumed eating her dinner.

 

"You guys are comfortably sharing these secrets." Yuri appeared from the same door Sooyoung went in. Taeyeon followed her from behind closely. "Are you even sure they won't tell on us?" She stood at the end of the bar counter, placing her elbows down and staring at Tiffany. "Wouldn't you, missy?"

 

Tiffany gulped at the proximity. Yuri was definitely scaring her. The fact they are in a house that has four vampires- three for now- leaves an unsettling feeling. She was still in the middle of digesting all the revelations and yet Yuri is giving her a hard time.

 

"You're making her uncomfortable, Yuri." Sooyoung quipped.

 

Yuri smirked, standing up and leaning away from Tiffany. "Well, that ought to keep shut."

 

"Don't worry. Not one of them will tell on us." Taeyeon reassured. "I've seen it."

 

"See? So it's okay to tell a little bit of our story." Sooyoung grinned. She noticed Yuri grab a piece of apple from the fruits basket. She looked at Sooyung's eyes.

 

Sooyoung ducked. Jessica didn't know what for but she's guessing maybe Yuri was thinking of throwing the apple at Sooyoung. She turned her head to Yuri who remained still, holding the apple on her hand.

 

Sooyoung collected herself, standing upright when she felt an impact on her chest. A roarious laughter filled the kitchen coming from Taeyeon and Yuri. Sooyoung caught the item the hit her. The apple, now broken into chunks, sat on her hands. The poor fruit couldn't handle her hard rock body. Vampire bodies are as hard as a boulder.

 

"You prick. You tricked me." Sooyoung said, seething.

 

"So getting into my head is fine but I can't give you an illusion?" Yuri challenged.

 

Tiffany looked over to Jessica and Sunny. What the ? Illusion?

 

Sooyoung gazed over Tiffany. She threw the apple chunks on the trash and gathered a handful of napkins to wipe her shirt. "Yuri's given me an illusion. When I looked into her eyes, she made me see she threw the apple at me so I ducked. When I recovered, she finally threw it for real. I already told you, we have gifts."

 

"Yeah, and Taeyeon can see the future! Awesome right?"

 

Taeyeon glared at Yuri. "And here I thought you were against revealing our secrets."

 

"Hey! Sooyoung started it!" Yuri argued childishly.

 

Sunny snorted first and then Tiffany followed. When Jessica guffawed loudly, the two stopped holding back and laughed along with her. The exchanges between the vampires sort of eased them. Now they slowly forgot the possibility of being bitten.

 

"Don't worry, we won't bite you." Sooyoung chuckled. Yuri and Taeyeon merely smirked. "We don't bite humans."

 

"Never." Taeyeon assured. "We've never bitten a human."

 

"We're vegans." Yuri joked, earning eyerolls from the rest of the family. "We are like you humans eating that salad." She pointing at the bowl of waldorf they are having. "Without the bacons, of course."

 

"What happens to you if you bite a human?" Jessica asked daringly. Nobody answered her however. They merely exchanged looks as if telling the other to speak but no one did.

 

Suddenly, Jessica felt the hairs on her skin stand. Her heart started to beat rapidly. She thought she was being paranoid but when Yoona came in, she realized it was just her body acting automatically at Yoona's presence.

 

"The question should be: what will happen to humans if we bite them?" Yoona said sharply. Jessica's heart ached at the hurtful tone and Yoona felt that but she ignored it. She still had to push Jessica away. "You know what happened to the humans I sired. What would have been the case if I didn't stop their blood?"

 

Jessica didn't have to think more. The answer was damn obvious. "They'll die."

 

Yoona wore a malevolent smirk. "Exactly. Then if you're smart, you'll stay away from us."

 

She saw the pain in Jessica's eyes and Yoona was barely holding herself back from gathering Jessica for a hug. She wanted to comfort her after the near attack tonight but she stopped herself.

 

She was about go to the balcony when Tiffany's voice halted her.

 

"Stop right there!"

 

Tiffany abandoned the tasty dinner she was having to finally give this Yoona a piece of Tiffany Hwang. She had enough with this girl hurting her best friend.

 

"Just because you're a vampire doesn't give you the right to treat my best friend like this. Stop treating her like or else-"

 

"Or else what?" Yoona taunted. "You'll slap me? Kick me? Punch me?" She laughed dryly. "I'd have to warn you though, you'll end up breaking your bones if you do that."

 

Tiffany paused, taken aback at Yoona's carefree attitude. She won't back down though. She's still not done with her. Before she can open however, Yoona beat her to it.

 

"So you'll insult me? What? You'll call me names?" Yoona smirked, keeping her eyes on Jessica. ", , douche, bastard, prick.... What else?"

 

Jessica felt her eyes sting with tears. Yoona was deliberately doing this, she can tell. Yoona is purposely pushing her away.

 

Tiffany scoffed, shaking her head. "No, there is no word to describe you. You're not even worth it. I don't ing care if you saved our lives and most especially if my best friend is still in love with you. You don't deserve someone like Jessica! That's why even if I have to wake her from this nonsense, I will help her build a bridge to get over you!"

 

Everyone stared at Tiffany's outburst. Jessica was touched with her best friend standing up for her. She was thankful her best friend was every bit of stubborn and sharp tongued. Tiffany's the most outspoken between the three of them and all the things she said now sort of lessened Jessica's burden. However, despite the way her friend defended her, she was afraid the outburst will push Yoona away. Jessica didn't want that. She may look stupid still pining for Yoona even if the girl doesn't want to be with her anymore but you can't blame her. All she ever loved was Yoona and now that she learned the truth about Yoona's identity, Jessica still wants to be with her nonetheless. That won't change any time soon.

 

Yoona felt Jessica's pain. It squeezed her heart when she saw the unshed tears at the corner of Jessica's eyes. "Good. Help your friend get over me, please."

 

Jessica's throat constricted, finding it difficult to breathe all of the sudden. She stared at Yoona without blinking because she was afraid the tears that pool the corners of her eyes will fall.

 

"Don't even think about it, Seohyun." Yoona glared at the said girl. "You won't freaking cast a convincing spell on me. If you want to cast a spell, do the memory one so that I can forget about her and she can forget about me."

 

At that statement, the tears finally fell down Jessica's cheeks. But even though Yoona was hurting her like this, she know it's deliberate. Why is Yoona pushing her away? Was it because Jessica's not Yoona's mate? Because she's not the Hyoyeon to Sooyoung? Was it because Yoona's still searching for her mate who she's supposed to be with for eternity? The thought of someone else being with Yoona took the air from Jessica but if she will really have to be more masochistic than she is already, she's willing to spend more time with Yoona until Yoona finds her mate.

 

She's going to face all the pain, the tears, and the misery later once Yoona found her mate. But for now, she's willing to be with Yoona even for just a short time. Did it even make any sense? She's willing to trade all the the pain and suffering in exchange of a short shot of happiness with Yoona.

 

Yoona felt her resolve crumbling when she read what Jessica had in mind. How can Jessica be so stupid?

 

You're a er, you know that.

 

Yoona glared at Soyoung. She was damn unfocused that Sooyoung managed to penetrate the block Yoona always set for her. Get off my head, .

 

? Do you know who's acting like a now? You. You're pushing away the person who will only come once your entire existence. Stop holding back and be with her, .

 

I told you she doesn't have to be. I'd rather not be with her than take everything from her.

 

We can't let you do that Yoona. You are precious to us. We love you and we won't let you miss this chance to be with the person you love.

 

Yoona balled her fists. Everyone was quiet as they looked at the gaze lock between the two telepaths. It was obvious both were talking- Sooyoung just got into Yoona's head.

 

You read her thoughts. Sooyoung folded her arms across her chest, squaring her shoulders dignantly. She will choose you, you know? I'm sure you felt her sincerity. And just now you saw how much she's suffering but she's willing to trade that just for a moment of happiness with you.

 

Help me, Soo. Help me convince her. She's being stupid right now.

 

If there is someone here who's being stupid, that will be you. I've only lived a life without a purpose for a short time when Hyoyeon came but you have been waiting for many centuries, Yoona. You're right, we are dead, but there is someone who made you feel alive yet you push her away.

 

Sooyoung, please don't make it hard for me.

 

I am not making this hard on you, Yoona. You're the one making it hard for yourself. Stop fighting this pull because you know you won't win.

 

Yoona frowned. Why does everyone say that? She doesn't plan to win against this pull. Why is it so hard to understand Yoona's point? She doesn't deserve Jessica first and foremost, secondly if Jessica will be with her then she will lose everything little by little and thirdly she doesn't want Jessica to be torn when the inevitable comes.

 

Yoona glared at Sooyoung and then at Seohyun when she read that the witch was planning on going through with her convincing spell.

 

"Don't even try, Seohyun." She said through gritted teeth.

 

Yoona sealed her thoughts, refusing Sooyoung to mentally chat with her. Yes, she said she will respect if Jessica will want to be with her when she discovers Yoona's real identity and she accepts it. But- There was always a but in every equation.

 

But she doesn't want Jessica to lose her soul.

 

But she doesn't want Jessica to lose her family.

 

But she doesn't want Jessica to regret being with her and being immortal if one day Yoona sired her.

 

And there was only one but that was not an odd against Yoona.

 

But she wants to be with Jessica for a very, very long time.

 

Yoona rapidly blinked when she spotted Jessica moved. She was distracted by telepathically talking to Sooyoung earlier. She barely noticed Jessica move towards her. She's now standing in front of Yoona about a meter away. Her face looked resolved.

 

"If you're going to hurt me or push me away, you have to do better than that." Jessica said. "Because no matter how much you hurt me, what I feel about you won't change."

 

Yoona sighed heavily. Through her sharp ears she also heard a soft mumble of disagreement from Tiffany. She inwardly laughed when she saw all the curses Tiffany was chanting inside her head, obviously counting on the fact Yoona can read it.

 

"I'm not smart then. I'm an idiot." A snort of approval from Tiffany barely affected Jessica. "Because I can't stay away from you."

 

Yoona took a step back when Jessica took a step closer. "What are you doing? Stay where you are or I swear you're gonna get hurt."

 

But Jessica didn't listen. She knows Yoona will never harm her. She believe in Yoona even though she already crouched a little, fangs protruding menacingly.

 

Everyone aside from Tiffany and Sunny watched calmly. The two were moments away from pulling Jessica back when Yuri and Taeyeon held their arms. It was a gentle hold but it left them immobile. Their strength was unmatchable.

 

Yoona got scared when her last resort which is to scare Jessica by what she really is started to go awry. Her resolve was about to crumble and Yoona knew that just a single touch from Jessica will make her forget why she was fighting the pull in the first place.

 

"Stop." Yoona said, barely a whisper. There no longer was resolve in her voice, a dangerous sign for her. "Please."

 

Raising a hand up to cup Yoona's cheek, Jessica closed the gap between them. She looked up Yoona's eyes, willingly letting Yoona know all her feelings.

 

I don't care what you are.

 

Yoona felt the touch warm her cold skin. The warmth Jessica emitted has always left a prickle on Yoona's skin. That prickle then transforms into a current that flows all through out her body. It was like her body heat increased, momentarily feeling they were the same temperature.

 

Yoona bared her her teeth, her fangs menacingly waiting for something to bite. "Stay away, Jessica."

 

"Remember when you told me I'm so stubborn?" Jessica recalled. "Well, I still am because I am still in love with you." She tipped her toes in order to lean her face closer to Yoona's. "And I will never stop loving you, even if it hurts me."

 

Slowly, Jessica pressed her lips on Yoona's. She didn't care if Yoona didn't move her lips, all Jessica wanted is this contact. Yoona held her breath when she got a whiff of Jessica's scent. Her fangs that are now hiding inside her shut lips ached in desparation of sinking it in Jessica's neck.

 

Yoona pulled away immediately. She had to keep her distance from Jessica. Her wide in surprise eyes darted between her family and Jessica. Seohyun had this triumphant grin.

 

I knew it. The pull is strong. I have to give credit to Jessica though, her love's so strong she managed to break your iron resolve.

 

Yoona glared at her but eventually her features softened. Staggering backwards, she sat at the steps of the stairs connecting to the second floor. She lost.

 

"Why are you doing this to me?" Yoona whined defiantly.

 

"How about we do this then?" Taeyeon intervened. "Why don't we make a deal?"

 

"Deal?" Yoona and Jessica asked in unison.

 

"Yes. Yoona. You tell Jessica everything about you, us, and then when she accepts you, no matter how much you're against it, you have to deal with it. Get back together."

 

"You know she's going to accept it regardless of what story I tell." Yoona argued.

 

Then you'll have to tell her the inevitable. Yoona read the statement from Seohyun's head. You told us that you will be with Jessica if she still decide to be with you even if she learn about the inevitable.

 

What's the most absolute law of the family, Yoong? Taeyeon added.

 

Yoona fixated her eyes on her family. Reading their thoughts and feeling their emotions, she can tell that they want her to be happy. Being with Jessica will make her happy.

 

"Word of honor." Yoona answered. She nodded and looked at Jessica.

 

Jessica held her breath. The way Yoona looked at her made her knees go weak. Her body hummed with desire because that was always the case whenever she's around Yoona. She can feel it, that electricity that happens when they exchange gazes or if they brush limbs.

 

"Alright then, Jessica. Are you ready to see what kind of monstar I am?"

 

The hairs on the back of Jessica's neck stood when Yoona smirked malevolently, her right fang protruding through her lips. Her eyes, that were of light golden brown color now, seemed darker. Yoona can get in her head and read all her thoughts but she will find nothing there that doesn't beg to be with Yoona. Jessica, however, knew that whatever was going inside Yoona's mind, she knew it will be a plan to get rid of her.

 

But like she said earlier. If Yoona's trying to hurt or push her away, then she'll have to do better than that. Because after knowing the truth behind all the mysteries around Yoona and accepting them, Jessica isn't going anywhere.

 

 

****

 

 

Yoona would definitely protest when Seohyun came up with the stupid idea of letting Tiffany, Sunny and Jessica stay over until the runaway tracker is found. However, the humans have declined the offer personally, even Jessica, because they had parents waiting for them at home.

 

At least for Sunny and Tiffany.

 

The only one waiting for Jessica is her sister Krystal. Her mother is a busy body. Jessica could vaguely remember the last time Jung Sooyeon was home. Jessica took after Sooyeon in many ways- talent, intellect, ambition, and beauty. Ambitious, but in a different way. Jung Sooyeon wanted power that's why she worked endlessly to let their business expand. All that Jessica ever wanted is to be with Yoona. It's her simple but difficult wish.

 

Jessica knew many will say she's rushing herself. Why does she keep on clinging to Yoona? Why couldn't she just move on and find another? If she choose to be with Yoona, and she decide to sire her like how she will sire Hyoyeon in order to let her spend forever with Sooyoung, then there will be no backing out anymore. If Jessica turns into someone like Yoona, it will be impossible to be undone.

 

That's why Yoona keep on pushing her away. She can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter