It's too much

Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIRST OF ALL HAPPY YOONSIC DAY! 7/22 today and that's the reason I updated! Don't worry. I will update my one shot collection soon and Secret Life of Jessica Jung last chapter. I apologize for a long wait for Triangle and Finding Prince Charming. I am pretty much busy with my last term but once I finish in August, I will update frequently...hopefully haha. Shout out to YoongieYoona for the awesome poster! Thanks <3

 

My dear Yoona and Jessica.... I love you guys and this update is for your day! Long live YoonSic! YoonSic 5ever yo! And here is Living Dead's first chapter. Please do comment and vote. BTW if this story gets upvoted a lot, I might post the next chapter soon XD Enjoy!

 

 

**

 

Jessica pushed the greens, nuts, and tomatoes away with her fork. Her salad didn't exactly taste that good, as expected from a school lunch, but she didn't have the appetite anyway. She sat with her friends in a six seater table, taking the table all for themselves. It was the advatage of being the most popular girls in school. People left them alone but that didn't mean they don't get the attention of others. Normally they will smile and greet people but right now they were more focused listening to Jessica's love story.

 

A rather heart breaking story.

 

 

"I knew it. You, spending the rest of high school in Atlanta, was a bad idea." commented Tiffany bluntly.

 

"It's not like Jessica went there to get into a relationship or something. She went there for her dad." Sunny interjected. "I mean, ever since her parents divorced, we know how it affected Jessica. She's rather close to her dad compared to her mom." And until now I still don't know why her mom won the custody case. Maybe because she's born rich and can provide for her children without even getting a job.  Sunny kept the thought in her head for she didn't want to offend her friend though it was something they have been curious since before.

 

"Yeah, Jessica chose to spend her junior and senior year in Atlanta to spend time with her dad, I get it." Tiffany muttered. "What I don't get is her falling in love with a woman twice her age."

 

Jessica directed the glare off her plate to Tiffany instead. "She wasn't twice my age." She disagreed. "She was just older than me by a few years. She's twenty five."

 

"That's not a big then." Tiffany admitted. Going twenty Jessica is only younger a few years. "But I can't believe you fell in love with your history teacher."

 

"Get your head straight, Tiffany." Sunny chided. "She's not Jessica's teacher. She's a college teacher, if I recalled right."

 

"Thank you for remembering my story, Sunny." Jessica noted, shaking her head at the grinning Tiffany.

 

"A teacher nonetheless." Tiffany crinkled her nose while teasing Jessica. She reverted to a frown though. "So what was the reason she broke up with you then?"

 

"You know, the typical it's-not-you-it's-me reason." Jessica exhaled exasperated.

 

Looking at Jessica's face, it was so obvious how hurt she is with the break-up. Jessica must have really loved that person.

 

"How'd you meet anyway?" Sunny asked, finally taking a bite of her sandwich.

 

"Dad's a professor in the same university. He asked me to bring his flashdrive since his exam questions and lessons were there. When I got to the faculty room, he was in class so another teacher got his drive on his behalf." Jessica recounted the story.

 

Tiffany squealed. "Oooh! And it's your ex who took the drive? Love at first sight!"

 

Jessica's face flushed. As much as she wanted to deny it, she couldn't. When she saw the source of her current heartbreak the first time, she couldn't help but be drawn by those wonderful brown eyes though she swore she could see them turn golden brown when exposed to sunlight.

 

There were no words to describe her ex's beauty but if there will be a word for it, it won't do her justice at all. She was gorgeous, as if the moment she walked into a room she lit it with her presence alone. Every feature of her face and body was flawless. She was multi-lingual, smart, technology geek, athletic; Jessica could go on but she just couldn't describe it any further except perfect. Her ex was perfect beyond words and her beauty was goddess like- out of this world and as if her presence alone was a blessing here on earth, on Jessica.

 

"Maybe your dad talked to her and asked her to stay away." Tiffany guessed.

 

"But my dad likes her." Jessica reasoned, disbelief and hurt evident in her eyes."He was sad we broke up but he can't stop complimenting her. He keeps on telling me there maybe a reason why she did that." She paused remembering the times her dad spoke fondly about her then girlfriend. "And he told me she'll protect me, that I'm safe on her side."

 

"Well, that wasn't totally what I was expecting." said Tiffany. "Your dad likes her, huh? We all know how strict he is."

 

Jessica shrugged. She pushed her plate away, totally uninterested to even play with her food. "I don't know, Tiffany. He just likes her for me."

 

"You still love her, don't you?" Sunny commented. Her gaze and Tiffany's settled on the quiet Jessica, waiting for her answer after much deliberation though it was obvious what the answer will be.

 

"Yeah." Jessica answered with a deep sigh. "That's why I had to return here because I was going crazy back there. There were too many memories of us."

 

"Don't worry, Jessi. Now that you're here, you don't need to think about her. Hopefully you'll forget her easily." Tiffany hoped for the best.

 

Their chat didn't take long. Tiffany was asked by the principal to go to the office because she had to show around the newly transferred students. She actually wondered how come the school accepted transferees for the senior level. Maybe the transferees came from an affluent family or maybe their grades are just exceptional.

 

She brought Sunny and Jessica with her. The three of them were the student council head officers. Although Jessica was just added the last minute because of her hasty return. She was previously the president, back in the sophomore year, which is now Tiffany's position. She didn't care about it though, she was fine with the secretary position because she wasn't really ready for a big task when her life, or love life rather, is still a mess.

 

The principal's assistant told them the transferees were waiting inside the louge. The moment they entered the room, Jessica was in for a surprise.

 

"Good afternoon!" Tiffany greeted with a big smile, eyes forming crescents.

 

The transferees got up the couch, bowing politely at their seniors. There were six of them and all of them were insanely beautiful. Four of them looked pale white though two were slightly darker but still their skin were fair. The other two had fair complexions as well but the other four were just paler than them. The two's complexion were closer to Tiffany's, Jessica's and Sunny's.

 

"Hi, I'm Tiffany and these are Suny and Jessica." Tiffany started. "Principal Baek asked us to show you guys around."

 

"Yes. We were told all of you are related." Sunny added, checking the papers on her hands that contained the transferees' details. "Kwon Yoona, Kwon Seohyun and Kwon Yuri are triplets, fraternal. Choi Sooyoung, your cousin. Kim Taeyeon and Kim Hyoyeon, twins." She looked at the papers with interest. "That's fascinating. It's a big family you got here."

 

"Yes. We didn't want to separate so we enrolled altogether." said the one they recall as Taeyeon.

 

"If it's okay, we prefer to just have our schedules and uniforms." Seohyun requested. "We'll get familiar with the school as the term continues anyway. We have a PE class later, I think, so it's probably better to get changed in our uniforms."

 

"Well, if that's what you prefer." Tiffany nodded. "That's a nice attitude, to join the class excitedly despite this being your first day."

 

"We're just afraid we missed anything so we're playing catch up." Sooyoung added.

 

Tiffany nodded again. She nudged Jessica who was unmoving, shock evident in her features. She had her eyes locked on Kwon Yoona but the latter didn't even spare her a glance. Her gaze was directed at the wall, as if that's the most interesting thing in the room. The gaze was cold and hard.

 

"Jessica, why don't you give them their uniforms." Tiffany suggested, shifting her gaze between Jessica and Yoona.

 

"I'm- I'm sorry, Tiffany." Jessica croaked out. Her shaking hand touched Tiffany's shoulder. She excused herself and left the room.

 

Tiffany could have sworn though that she felt Jessica tremble at the contact. She turned her gaze back to the transferees, bowing her head apolegetically.

 

"I'm sorry about that. My friend isn't feeling well." Turning to Sunny, she smiled. "Let's show them their stuff."

 

 

****

 

 

The moment the new students stepped out the field for the PE class, the students couldn't take their eyes of them. They were just so beautiful, as if they were goddesses who has descended to human form. There was something different with how the sunlight touch them. Four of them seem like shining, as if their fair skin got even more fairer.

 

They stood away from the other students though. They stood at the corner right, forming a group of their own. Murmurs started to go on but they didn't spare a glance to anyone. They were just talking amongst themselves.

 

"Damn. They are gorgeous."

 

"And they look rich. Look at those rings on their fingers."

 

"Woah, that gem is huge."

 

"Right? Told you they are freaking rich."

 

"And y."

 

"And hot."

 

"Hey! I just said that!"

 

"Did I say they are gorgeous?"

 

Jessica listened to her classmates carefully. She directed her gaze over to the new students, fixing her gaze at the girl named Yoona. Questions flooded her brain but currently she was feeling lost and hurt. There was a teenie-tiny bit of anger but it was washed over by relief- she was relieved to know Yoona's doing well.

 

"You still haven't told me why you bailed like that not to mention in front of the new students. That was rude, Jessica." Tiffany whispered beside her.

 

"That's very hypocritical coming from the girl I know have the rudest mouth." Sunny interjected.

 

Tiffany didn't look offended though. Why would she be when it's the truth? "Point taken. But I am just rude to the people I am close with that's why I can treat you and Jessica like that."

 

"Your rudeness aside," Sunny now shifted the topic. "We still don't know why Jessica did that."

 

"I wasn't feeling well." Jessica answered.

 

"Oh. I thought you ran away because you got a crush on one of them" Tiffany guessed dismissively. She missed the horror on Jessica's face. "Anyway, these new students are surely the center of attraction. They're insanely pretty, I'll give them that."

 

"I saw their records and their grades are consistently high. They're smart too." Sunny added.

 

The PE class teacher just announced the horrible news- for the  this week they will deal with sports related to track and field. Disgruntled groans echoed throughout the field, obviously against the idea of staying in the sun or running or jumping.

 

First things first. They needed to know the record of each and everyone for a hundred meter dash. By the end of the week they will compare records again and those who improved will be the representatives for the sports week two months from now.

 

"They are really quiet." Tiffany observed the new students who were sitting at the right side of the bleachers. They didn't speak much except the time they introduced themselves in front of the class.

 

Seoul Science High School, also known as 'triple S high', is an elite science academy of the country. For more than a decade they have held the prestige as the best high school in South Korea. Most of their graduates go to elite universities like KAIST, Seoul University, Dongguk University even reaching Ivy League universities like Harvard, Brown and Stanford.

 

Which means only the cream of the crop students are studying here. If they aren't talented, smart or artistic then they are probably sons or daughters of wealthy families. That wasn't the case of Jessica though. She's the top student of their class, a great singer and a skillful violinist. Yes, she's rich, but she isn't empty headed or arrogant like Kim Hyuna. Kim Hyuna is a cheerleader who got into the school due to connections of her dad who is a restaurant magnate. Not just Hyuna but there are lots of other students who got in through special connections.

 

The new students however didn't seem like they entered through connections. What their student records displayed influenced the school to accept them despite the fact it's already the senior year. Solid A's. The student officers didn't see any grade lower than a B plus on their transcription records.

 

Tiffany and Sunny are just like Jessica. They also came from an affluent family but they are also honor roll students and skillful artists. Tiffany's good in designing clothes, houses and shoes while Sunny's very good at chess and cello.

 

"So... Who's our first group of six?" The coach said, looking around the students. "Why don't we have our new students as the first group, eh? Given they are already grouped into six."


Jessica watched carefully as the six new students undauntedly stepped into the oval.

 

"You see that chair?" The coach pointed at the chair about a few meters away. "That's the hundred meter mark."

 

Jessica tried to take her eyes off but she just couldn't stop staring at Yoona. Because of that attention, she noticed how Seohyun touched the heads of Taeyeon, Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung before standing in her own line. Was that gesture in exchange of the good luck statement that they didn't say to one another?

 

"Ready?" The coach raised the whistle by his lips.

 

"I'm betting a hundred won that Sooyoung girl will win." said a student.

 

"You're on. But I'm betting on Yoona."

 

"I'm on Taeyeon."

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes as their classmates started their betting game. She shifted her gaze at the new student and noticed Yuri smirk after throwing a glance over the bleachers where the class is. It was as if she heard the whispered bets twenty meters away.

 

"Go!" Prrrrrrrrrrrrt! And the whistle was blown.

 

There was a flood of oh's and ah's from the class as they watched the first group run. It didn't take long when the sound of the whistle echoed, signalling the end of the round.

 

"Huh? It's already over?" Sunny looked bewildered as well. It seems like Jessica isn't the only one focused with the game.

 

"Yes! Hand over the money, people. That Yoona girl won.

 

"That was close! Taeyeon and Yuri were just a step behind her!"

 

"Sooyoung too."

 

Tiffany looked suprised as well. She turned to her friends. "I think that was less than ten seconds."

 

The three friends looked over their coach and noticed him looking at the stopwatch carefully.

 

"Six point thirty two seconds." He said with a huge grin. "Wow,, that's a new record!"

 

"Aww, man. You took point-ten seconds longer than the previous one."

 

Jessica swore she heard Sooyoung say that to Yoona before putting an arm around her shoulder. Yoona's unreadable features earlier flashed a small crooked grin, sending Jessica's heart thundering like crazy. She put a hand over her chest, trying to calm the rapidly beating muscle but the moment her eyes drifted back to the six transferees, she locked gazes with Yoona. It was as if the girl heard her heart beating wildly as if it was on loudspeaker.

 

Jessica didn't have to break the gazelock because Yoona did it first, now laughing with her friends.

 

The class continued with the next six students. It was a continuous cycle until they reach the last batch with Jessica, Tiffany and Sunny and three other kids. If Jessica will have one weakness, that's engaging into physical activities. That's why she preferred reading, and playing instruments rather than hiking or running. Maybe that's the reason she's friends with Tiffany and Sunny. Aside from the three of them growing up together since birth, they share the same hobbies. They can connect with one another better.

 

That's why the moment the whistle sounded, Jessica wasn't even half way across the track when she tripped. Tiffany and Sunny stopped running to quickly check on Jessica. Even the students waiting at the bleachers ran to her aide.

 

"Are you okay?" asked Tiffany.

 

Jessica brought her right knee up, inspecting her track pants that now has a hole due to friction. The fresh wound wasn't deep but it was bleeding a little. The wound was just a scrape but it will definitely hurt more. The peeled epidermis will sting.

 

"I'm fine." answered Jessica, hissing a little when the scrape stung. Her eyes automatically searched for Yoona. She was by the bleachers, face hard and uncomfortable. She gulped uneasily, gazing at Jessica hungrily- that would be the term Jessica would use- as if she will devour the girl alive.

 

A tap on the shoulder from Seohyun broke Yoona's gaze. Balling her fists at the side, she descended the bleachers and left the class. Her five friends stayed though, sitting without a care on the bleachers.

 

"I'll be fine." Jessica repeated when people tried to ask her more if she's hurt anywhere else. But for Jessica, maybe it was a form of assurance for herself. She was fine despite seeing the cold demeanor from Yoona. "I have to." She repeated in a whisper.

 

 

****

 

 

Jessica sat in the living room of her large abode. She doesn't like hearing that it's her house because she will say it is her mother's. It is a family heritage kept for years. Unfortunately this huge house only has her, her sister and a few trusted household staff living in it. Her sister Krystal is currently in a volleyball tournament in Busan. It's a city meet and Krystal's a part of team Seoul.

 

"Miss Jung. You have some visitors."

 

Jessica stopped playing the violin and placed it on the table. She looked at Madam Shin, the head butler of the household.

 

"Visitors? Who'll visit me at eight in the evening?" She inquired.

 

"Who else?" came a high pitch answer.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes when she saw Sunny and Tiffany entered the room. She smiled at Madam Shin to send her away leaving her with her two friends.

 

"You two had nothing to do, huh?" Jessica shook her head. She pick up her violin once again and started playing. However before she could finish the piece, Sunny held her arm to stop her.

 

"It's not that we didn't have anything to do. We just thought maybe you need us." She explained casually, taking the bow and violin from Jessica.

 

Jessica stared at them in confusion. "Guys, this isn't the first time I am alone at home."

 

"We aren't here because of that." Tiffany added. She casually plopped her body down the opposite couch. She laid to her side, elbow propped to support her head and looked at Jessica. "We are here because we thought you may need someone to talk to."

 

Jessica feigned ignorance. "Talk about what?"

 

Sunny inhaled deeply. "You have been acting weird ever since those transferees arrived." She exhaled heavily. Finally she has managed to say that. "And that was three weeks ago."

 

Jessica made a face. She crossed her arms and legs, leaning her back roughly against the couch rest. "I'm fine."

 

"No, you're not." Tiffany refuted. "You always look at that Yoona girl. It's like you can't take your eyes off her. Sunny and I thought it was probably just a crush. But... Whenever she looks back at you, her expression looks so uncomfortable. Like there's a tension between the two of you."

 

"Tiffany and I were wondering if you are keeping your secret escapades with Yoona from us." Sunny added.

 

"Secret escapades?" Jessica asked.

 

"Yeah. Like you two probably have a ual relationship." Sunny continued. "Like maybe the two of you met somewhere, began a ual relationship and now it sort of bit you in the because you didn't think your past will catch you."

 

Jessica gaped at Sunny's explanation. Honestly speaking, she didn't have a ual relationship with Yoona. Relationship, yes, but not ual. Taking a deep breath, Jessica's shoulders slumped as a form of resignation. Maybe it's time to finally come clean to her friends. The tension and anxiety has been killing her ever since she met Yoona again.

 

"Relationship yes, but not ual. Remember that story I told you of that heartbreak I had in Atlanta?" Jessica recounted. When she saw Tiffany and Sunny nod, she continued. "That college professor who's a colleague of my dad... Well she's here."

 

"Oh! Now I get it! You met your ex here in Korea and the arrival of the transferees pissed you, right?" Tiffany guessed, looking so smug.

 

Jessica looked at her friend disapprovingly. "Can you shut up for a second, Tiffany?"

 

Sunny giggled, stopping the moment Tiffany gave her a menacing glare. Taking another deep breathe, Jessica continued with her story.

 

"Would you believe me if I tell you that ex of mine is now a student in our school?"

 

Tiffany finally sat up straight. Now she was fully engaged with the conversation.

 

"The reason I was so lost these past few weeks is because I'm trying to decipher what just happened. Why is my ex who was previously a professional now a student in high school?" Jessica explained, looking so lost and confused. "Yoona... I swear that's her face. It's imppossible to look so alike. It's not a doppleganger kind of thing. Everything- the eyes, the hair, the height, the lips, even that beauty mark on the end of her right eyebrow is the same!"

 

Sunny and Tiffany exchanged looks. It looks like they know what Jessica's point is.

 

"These past three weeks I was hoping that she approach me, to apologize even or explain what happened to us back in Atlanta. Were everything about us a joke? But she's not doing anything. She's pretending I don't exist, that she doesn't know me." Jessica combed her hair frustratedly with her right hand.

 

"Are you really sure she's that ex?" Tiffany prodded carefully. She's surprised with Jessica's confession but maybe it's just a coincidence.

 

"Yes! I also know Seohyun! That face is so familiar! She's that girl who Yoona, back in Atlanta when she was a professor, introduced to me as her niece. Seohyun even joined Yoona and I during a date. Maybe it is a coincidence to find a similar looking face of Yoona but how about the same face of Seohyun? Same faces, same names but now different occupation. Seohyun's supposed to be a grad student and now all of the sudden she's a high school student. Yoona, she's supposed to be a college professor and now we're the same grade?"

 

"That's really complicated." Sunny agreed. "But that's...nonsense. Like what will Yoona get pretending to be a high school student?"

 

Jessica grabbed a fistful of hair with both hands. "I don't know, Sunny. That's what I have been thinking for the past weeks. I kept on explaining rational things. Maybe those are just look alikes. But look alikes with the same name? Technically not the same name because Yoona's name back in Atlanta was Choi Yoona."

 

Jessica shook her head when she saw the confused looks of her friends. They were lost now and probably still in the middle of deciding whether to believe Jessica or not. Digging into her jean pocket, Jessica pulled out her phone. She search for the photos of Yoona. She should have deleted the pictures of her ex but she was still not over her. Yoona's reappearance solidified Jessica's decision to keep it because she was hoping she'll still resolve her issues with Yoona. But Yoona is acting as if she doesn't know Jessica at all. What did those gazes mean then? Those familiar eyes that bore through Jessica's soul for the past three weeks?

 

"Here's our photo." Jessica brought the phone forward, giving it to Tiffany and Sunny.

 

She waited as her friends scrolled through the photos carefully. She watch her friends' expressions turn from confusion, shock and disbelief. She took the phone from Tiffany who handed it back with a dazed look.

 

"Yeah, they really are the same person." Sunny confirmed. She looked at Jessica seriously this time. "What's going on? You said she's a professor. Was she really?"

 

"Are you doubting me?"

 

"No, Jessica. It's just... Because the only logical reason why this doesn't make any sense is if she lied to you. What if she wasn't really a professor at your Dad's university? What if she was just going there because she's interested in you?"

 

"I've though about that, Sunny. But that would mean my dad conspired with her. My dad will have to lie to me and introduce Yoona as her colleague. Why was Yoona in that faculty room anyway? I wasn't even allowed to enter past the lounge because guest and students are off limits." Jessica explained with a huge hint of frustration. "She can't lie to me that much. The whole university would have to conspire with her."

 

Tiffany shook her head, trying to shake off the clouds of confusion and shock. "You're right. It's an eerie similarity to mistake it as coincidence."

 

"I spent weeks thinking of any rational explanation but I found none. I want to confront her but... The looks she's giving me, it's as if she wants to eat me alive." Jessica slumped defeatedly on the couch. She looked forlorn.

 

"Yeah, I notice that." Sunny noted. "But you know I also noticed her looking at you when you weren't paying any attention."

 

"Oh, right! We talked about that and that's when we concluded Yoona and Jessica probably has a ual relationship." Tiffany chipped in.

 

"No, Tiff. You're the only one who concluded that."

 

"Whatever. You listened to me so..."

 

Jessica brought her feet up the couch, hugging her knees in distress. "I don't know what to do anymore. I can't think of any logical explanation. I always thought there was something about Yoona that's...off." She groaned at the difficulty to express herself.

 

"Off?" Tiffany prodded.

 

"Yeah. One thing is, she's cold."

 

"Well judging how hard cold her gaze is-"

 

"No, not like that, Tiffany." Jessica refuted. "She's literally cold to the touch."

 

"Literally cold?" Sunny looked bemused. "Like icy cold?"

 

"Yes. I know because we-" Jessica stopped, face turning red.

 

Tiffany snickered. "Well, well, well. I'm really judging you so hard now, Jessica. How can you not tell us you're no longer a ?"

 

Jessica turned red even more. It was more embarrassing because what Tiffany stated isn't the truth. "No, we didn't have ." She quickly denied but Tiffany and Sunny didn't look convinced as the smirks on their faces were still wide and taunting. "Really. I mean I tried to take our relationship to the next level every time we make-out, but no, she doesn't let that happen."

 

Sunny giggled. "You're so cute when you're embarrassed, Jessica."

 

"Okay. Back to the topic." Jessica cleared , ignoring the heat on her face. "So every time Yoona and I made-out, we can't help it when our hands roam around each other, right? So every time I touch her skin, it's really cold. Like she's spent the entire day sleeping in a freezer or something."

 

"And did you ask her about that?" Tiffany asked.

 

"I did. She said it's a disease she had since she was young."

 

"If it's a disease, what's so weird about that?"

 

"I don't know, Tiffany. It's just... There really was something off about her but... I tried to pay no attention." Sighing deeply, Jessica buried her face on her knees again. "I loved her so much I played ignorant about those things."

 

Sunny and Tiffany exchanged looks. Honestly speaking, they really came here to cheer Jessica up. They noticed the change in her attitude for the past three weeks. Not only that, they felt the tension between Yoona and Jessica. Even though they never spoke to each other, their gazes held dozens of meaning. At first they wondered if Yoona was just someone who didn't like Jessica, which is a first because everybody likes Jessica. Then when they noticed Yoona gaze at Jessica without the latter knowing, they swore it was a very gentle gaze, a gaze full of longing so to speak.

 

That's why they came up with the idea of the two under a relationship. Tiffany concluded it was ual given then tension betweer the two. Truth was, it really was a relationship, a serious one, that ended unclear.

 

Listening to Jessica made them understand why she was distraught the past few weeks. If Yoona was really a professional before and Seohyun a grad student, how come they are in high school now? They finally understand the pit of confusion Jessica was drowning from.

 

And seeing how hurt, confused, and yearnful Jessica is, they concluded that she's still in love with Yoona. After all, Jessica admitted herself that she still hasn't moved on from her ex, which turned out to be Yoona.

 

"Should we talk to Yoona then?" Sunny asked carefully.

 

Jessica brought her head up and shook it. "No. I- I don't know what to say. It's not like I can go and say 'Hey, last time I saw you you're a professor and now you're the same grade as I.', can't I?"

 

"But it's killing you Jess." Tiffany added with a tone of worry.

 

"I know, Tiff. But I think it'll kill me more if I get to know the truth of why she broke up with me."

 

Tiffany and Sunny can only sigh in reluctance. They want to help Jessica but they can't just go and confront Yoona without the approval of their friend. As much as they wanted to fully understand the scenario, it still made no sense. Maybe talking to Yoona can at least lift the confusion out of them but with Jessica showing reluctance to find out the truth of their break-up, it seems they could only watch as the gaze locks continue.

 

 

****

 

 

Seohyun smiled contently when she finished her physics homework. Leaving her room, she headed for the kitchen where Hyoyeon is munching the salad she made.

 

"Hi, Hyo. Where are the others?"

 

"Oh, Sooyoungie is upstairs taking a shower. Taeyeon and Yuri went out. Yoona.... I think she's at the balcony with her telescope." Hyoyeon answered then continued munching the greens while her eyes fixated on the television. There was a cooking show on.

 

Seohyun poured herself a glass of milk. She left Hyoyeon with her salad and show and proceeded to the balcony. Like Hyoyeon said, Yoona is with her telescope.

 

"No stars tonight, huh?"

 

Yoona looked back momentarily before flashing a small smile. "Unfortunately, they've decided to hide behind the clouds."

 

Seohyun smiled, taking a seat in one of the chairs of a four seater table. "Penny for your thoughts?"

 

Yoona was about to return gazing through her telescope when she stopped and faced Seohyun with a creased forehead. "What are you talking about?"

 

Seohyun chuckled at Yoona's easy to read pretense. "You can read what's inside my head but you're feigning ignorance. Would you mind giving me your telepathy instead?"

 

Yoona merely shook her head, rolling her eyes in the process. She returned stargazing, ignoring the question. "Yuri and Taeyeon went out. They'll probably be back after dawn."

 

"They have all the time in the world." Seohyun replied.

 

Yoona felt eyes on her. She tried to ignore it but she just couldn't when the moment she looked into Seohyun's eyes, she read her thoughts.

 

How are you going to deal with Jessica?

 

Grunting in frustration, Yoona slumped on the chair opposite of Seohyun. She laid her head back, staring at the starless sky.

 

"Ignore her." She said shortly.

 

Seohyun put her glass of milk down the table. "You know, I don't need to have telapathy to determine what Jessica is feeling right now."

 

Yoona closed her eyes. She recalled all the scrambled thoughts in Jessica's head that she read as if they were projected with huge fonts. All of those thoughts seem to ask one question- what is Yoona doing here? Being a telepathic doesn't only let Yoona read other people's thoughts. It also allows Yoona to feel their mood and emotion. And during the three weeks they spent in school, all she ever felt from Jessica were pain and sadness. Yoona didn't have to read her mind to determine who is the main cause of those emotions.

 

"She's deeply hurt." Yoona said. She stopped looking at the sky and faced Seohyun instead. "I feel every single drop of tears, sadness, and pain. Strangely, I don't feel any anger from her."

 

Seohyun shrugged. "Well, she loves you. As much as she wanted to be angry, her love outweighs everything. That's why it's more painful for her."

 

Yoona sighed heavily. "I know. I can feel that warmth whenever I look in her eyes."

 

Seohyun gazed at Yoona with a knowing look. "I will assume that's the reason why you can't take your eyes off her, right? You want to know if she's okay, if you bring more pain to her or if she's finally angry at you."

 

"Yes." Yoona replied truthfully. "And as masochistic as this sounds, I want to assure myself that she still loves me."

 

"How can you be selfish, Yoona? You want her out of our lives so you broke up with her yet now you are happy to know she's still in love with you."

 

"I know I'm selfish. But don't worry. I won't act to these desires."

 

Seohyun sighed in frustration. "When I said you we're selfish, I expected you to make a choice. And that choice is to return to Jessica."

 

Yoona glared at Seohyun, jaw clenched tightly. "What are you talking about, Seohyun? You know we can no longer involve her with us. Not with the future coming."

 

"I just want you to be happy, Yoona." Seohyun reasoned. "You took care of me and others and yet you can't take care of yourself. It'll be her choice anyway. She'll have to pick a side-"

 

"You know I can't let her do that." Yoona interrupted. "I won't, Seohyun. I won't allow her to lose everything."

 

Seohyun shrugged. She picked up her glass and got up. "Well, it's a little bit too late for that."

 

"What do you mean?" Yoona looked up sharply. She didn't get any answer so she stared at Seohyun's eyes instead.

 

Jessica already lost everything when you broke her heart.

 

Once Seohyun was sure Yoona read her thoughts, she went back inside the house to join Hyoyeon who is now munching a triple decker clubhouse sandwich.

Yoona sat in silence. She was lost in her own thoughts. How can Seohyun say that? Yoona broke up with Jessica just so she can have everything because the moment she decided to be with Yoona, she'll have nothing and it was something Yoona didn't want.

 

Family.

 

Friends.

 

Soul.

 

Heart.

 

Those were the everything she was talking about. Jessica will lose those if she choose to be with Yoona. After all, if Yoona was given a choice, she wouldn't want to be a monster.

 

Yoona pulled her wooden rickshaw full of potatoes and charcoal up a hill with difficulty. She was going to the town of Kyuhae to sell her products. She would have brought her pumpkins but they are still smaller than her desirable size. So she only brought her potatoes and the wood she turned to charcoal.

 

The sun hasn't risen yet which was a good thing for Yoona.  She would miss the market place done at the plaza every Monday if she woke up late. Yoona lives at a small cottage outside the town and beneath the hill. She prefer living alone. Besides, she has a huge land her deceased parents left for her. Yoona lost her father in a hunting accident while her mom died in a heart attack. At a young age of twelve, Yoona had to learn to live on her own, plant crops, cook food and sell her produce. Because of that determination, people of Kyuhae respects her so much for living strongly. That's why it doesn't take an hour or so for Yoona's stuff to sell out.

 

It's not only potatoes and pumpkins growing at her land. She has around ten rows of apples and three twelve meter rows of  grapes. She has a marvelous selection of  produce hence why she never gets hungry. During the slow season of harvest, she goes to the next town to buy cattles and lambs which she will breed at home. Yoona was probably in the wealthy class but she never identified herself that way. She could have renovated her cottage into bigger house, probably a bungalow, but she preferred a simple life.

 

"Woo Jun orabeonim will probably buy all my charcoals like last time. His restaurant is doing well." She mumbled excitedly at the thought of selling out all her stuff quickly.

 

It always fascinated her how a town with a population of one hundred and thirty six seem to like and appreciate Yoona's existence. They are always happy to see her.

 

Once she crossed the bridge made of bricks, Yoona has finally entered the town. She noticed the flag that serves as the entrance for the town.  It wagged peacefully across the air. Yoona pulled the rickshaw excitedly when she spotted the plaza only a few meters away now.

 

However, Yoona paused, when she saw a familiar face lying on the ground. Abandoning her stuff, she ran over to the body.

 

"Woo Jun orabeoni!" She tapped his face repeatedly but he wasn't reponding. She leaned her ear next to his nose but didn't feel him breathing.

 

He was dead.

 

Yoona got up. She gasped for breath, horrified at the fact one of her patrons is dead. She hurried over to his house to tell his family of his unfortunate demise. Just when she was about to knock on the door however, the door creaked open. Yoona knocked nonetheless before inviting herself in.

 

"Eorushin? Hyuk Soo eorushin?"

 

Yoona's eyes darted over the dying embers at the fireplace. The more she walk, the more she clearly see another body lying next to the fireplace. Yoona gasped, body falling back in shock. Hyuk Soo eorushin is lying cold on the floor, eyes freakily opened wide. Her two children are also dead right next to her feet.

 

Yoona covered in utter s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter