Chapter 9

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sol Han Na’s POV]

 

“WHAT?” the seven of us blurted at the same time. We stared at one another, realization slowly dawning on us. We just spoke to the CEO informally. All of us must be feeling the same kind of dread right now.

 

The scene felt quiet. None of us spoke for a while. I was starting to fear that the CEO might be mad at us. Or in the worst case scenario, he might throw us all out of his company. 

 

But then he laughed.

 

Yes, he did.

 

All of our heads snapped towards his direction. He was laughing so hard that he already had his hand on his stomach.

 

He took a few minutes to calm himself before he spoke, “Surprising, isn’t it?”

 

We stared at him. His mood swings are really starting to creep me out.

 

When he noticed that none of us is willing to ride with his joke, he stood straighter and started to pace around his desk. 

 

“As I’ve said earlier, her name is Sol Han Na - our new trainee. I want her to live with you since you’re the only group who has a spare room in your dormitory - the one supposed to be for Manager Song. Besides, since you’re currently in the state of preparing for your comeback, I think it would be great if you could teach her little by little how things are done around here,” the CEO explained.

 

The members nodded their heads, accepting the CEO’s decision. As if they have any other choice to begin with.  

 

“One more thing,” the CEO spoke again, now settling to stand behind his desk. “Since Miss Sol came from Jejudo, she is pretty much new to the city environment. I would like you to help her in her adjustments - make her feel comfortable, make her feel at home. I am entrusting her to you because I know you would do a good job. Do you understand me?”

 

The members nodded again. I can’t help but feel embarrassed. Why do they have to go through all this trouble just because of me? The CEO should’ve just let me live with Manager Song, I’d be fine with that. Although that would be troublesome for her too, of course. 

 

“Shall we introduce ourselves, then?” Suho suddenly spoke. His voice kept replaying inside my head I almost had to hit myself to keep my sanity. 

 

The CEO chuckled and answered, “I’m pretty sure she’s already familiar with all of you.”

 

“She is?” Sehun said, wonder evident in his voice. Ohh that baby. 

 

“Let’s try her then,” Chanyeol said this time. He flexed his arms and neck like someone who’s preparing for physical combat. Suho suddenly spoke, “Okay, boys. Fall in line.”

 

And they do fall in line. They went back to their position, the one they had when they greeted the CEO. 

 

“You may start identifying them, Han Na,” the CEO said. I don’t know if it was only me but I sort of felt like he is teasing me. I squared my shoulders and walked towards the members. 

 

I felt their gazes follow me as I went to the end of the line. I perfectly know each and everyone of them but the nervousness I feel doesn’t even lessen a bit. My back and my palms are now wet with sweat and my heartbeat’s been gradually increasing. I took a deep breath and went to the first member. 

 

“Oh Sehun. Lead dancer, Rapper, and Maknae of EXO-K.” Since he was too tall, I had to stare at his shoulder the whole time. It was a good thing though, at least I had to excuse myself from having to stare at him the whole time. I tried sneaking a glance at him only to see him already staring at me. He smiled a warm smile, confirming that everything I said was right. My breath hitches. I smiled back. 

 

Gaining a bit of confidence from my first check mark, I went to the next person. This time, I decided to stare at his chin instead. 

 

“Kim Jong In. A.k.a. Kai. Lead Dancer, Rapper, and the Face of EXO-K.” I looked at him and he looked back. I raised my eyebrows for confirmation and he nodded, smiling brightly. I cannot help but smile back. This is not so bad, I thought to myself.

 

I went to the next person. Now this is trouble. We were almost the same height and I had to stare at his forehead, to keep me from staring straight to his eyes. 

 

“Do Kyung Soo. A.k.a. D.O. Main Vocalist of EXO-K.” I looked at him. He was already looking at me. I felt myself flush. The intensity of his gaze was just too much. But then he smiled at me and nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter