Chapter 33

Star-Crossed: How We Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Byun Baek Hyun’s POV]

 

My phone buzzed.

 

It was a reply from Han Na.

 

“Huh?” it says.

 

I scoffed and placed my phone inside my jean pocket, not wanting to talk to her anymore.

 

Who cares if she’s with that guy? I shouldn’t be affected, I said to myself.

 

“Han Na’s asking if we could come fetch her now, Manager,” Kai said. “And please do. I’m not comfortable with her being alone there,” he added as an afterthought. We’re still inside the dressing room, prepping things up before we go, the show had just ended.

 

“Of course. Tell her we’re on our way,” she replied. 

 

We took our bags and headed to the company. Suho asked while on our way, “What exactly did Han Na and Taeyong did there, Manager?”

 

She shrugged. “No idea.”

 

“No idea?” Suho exclaimed. “I thought you said there’s something you want her to do, Manager?”

 

“Yeah. I want her to meet Taeyong,” she replied indifferently. 

 

My anger flared up.

 

“But why, Manager?” Sehun asked.

 

“They need to get close to one another before the music video filming,” she answered while checking her fingernails. “You know they’ll be doing a lot of romantic scenes so they need to build their chemistry while it’s still early.”

 

“Can’t they just do that during their acting workshops?” I blurted, barely keeping my silence. “I mean, they’ll be doing one right, Manager?”

 

She nodded. “Of course they will. That’s why I don’t see any reason for you to get hate me. They’ll be seeing more of each other these coming days so what’s the difference of doing it now?”

 

“We just don’t feel... comfortable... with the guy,” Kyungsoo spoke under his breath.

 

Manager chuckled. “Don’t worry. Taeyong won’t harm her.”

 

I rolled my eyes and stared out the window, the glow of the car lights giving me a feeling of peace and serenity. 

 

Get a grip, Baekhyun, I told myself.

 

The van stopped when we arrived at the parking lot. Manager Song twisted from her seat to look at us. “Anyone wants to go fetch Han Na? She says she’s at the cafeteria,” she said.

 

“I’ll do it, Manager,” I volunteered almost immediately. The members looked at me questioningly so I added, “There’s something I need to get from Taeyeon noona anyway. I’ll drop by and fetch Han Na after.”

 

She nodded. “Go on then. Just don’t take too long.”

 

I opened the van’s door and stepped out. I went inside the building, heading straight to the cafeteria. I made up the Taeyeon stuff just to be able to fetch Han Na by myself. If I ain’t going to see what they’re doing now, there’s no chance she’ll tell me anything about it later. I’ll just go find out about it myself.

 

I looked around and immediately saw her. She’s sitting on a table with Taeyong at the far corner of the room. They’re talking to each other animatedly. I watched them for a few minutes, realizing that I barely see Han Na speaking with this much enthusiasm like she had with Taeyong. 

 

My heart constricted.

 

Taeyong leaned a little too close according to my standards and whispered something to her. My hands immediately balled into fists. Han Na seem to find what he said to be funny. She laughed out loud.

 

Then I couldn’t take it anymore.

 

I walked towards them, my heart pounding in my ears. Taey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter