Chapter 10 : The new KJ

Love notes

I walked to the Kwon Company building with a throbbing heart. I had an interview with the personal assistant of the Son of the Kwon Company 3 days ago, and got accepted straight away. I was suppossed to get interviewed with the son himself but since he's schedule was packed, he couldn't make it. Not surpise. Kwons Company is the thrid largest company in Seoul. And today was my first day as the son's new secretary.

The Kwons Company. Why is it sound so familiar? I shook my head as the thought of Jiyong popped into my head suddenly. It can't be. As far as I know, Jiyong's family doesn't own a big company. well, I had never met his father since he rarely went home but no, it seriously can't be him. I heard the son of the Kwons company is a jerk. He fired almost 50 employees in a week.

I couldn't be more nervous as I heard bad rumours about the son of the Kwons company. and even worse, I'm gonna be his new secretary.. which means I'm gonna have to follow his orders.

great. just great.

I would've studied harder during college. but 3 years without Jiyong was like a hell to me. Without him, I just realize how my life depended on him. It was as if my world depends on him. but despite all of that, I managed to graduate from college. 3 years without any news from him.. It was as if he wants to forget about me completely.

I entered the elevator and pressed on the 5th floor. I can feel my heart racing when I was nearing the 5th floor. "DING!" The elevator opened as I feel my heart accelarates more. I stepped out of the elevator as my steps become heavier. Why am i so nervous on my first day of work?

I saw the girl who interviewed me three days ago as I approached her. She was concentrating checking on the files that she didn't even realize my presence. I cleared my throat and immediately gained her attention. She finally looked up. "Oh. Sandara Park. You're here. I think I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Park Hanbyul, Mr.Kwon's personal Assitant. Glad to have you here" She said as she offered me her hand. I gladly accepted her hand as I shook it. "Since you're new here, I will be in charge of assiting to you on what to do"

"Thank you"

"Mr. Kwon will be here soon. You should wait for him in his office. He can be such a... jerk, sometimes. But he can be a soft-hearted too. so you better not make him pissed or something that make him upset" She warned as I sook my head. She motioned me to come in his office and offered me to sit. "I'll just get you a coffee. I'll be right back"

With that, Park Hanbyul left me alone in his office as I patiently waited for Mr.Kwon. I looked around the office and was a bit amazed at how clean he's office is. I scanned his table and saw "Kwon Jiyong, C.E.O " written on the table. I widened my eyes in surpised. Kwon Jiyong is the C.E.O? My Kwon Jiyong? I chuckled to myself as I reminded myself that there are lots of Kwon Jiyong out there, not just the Kwon Jiyong I know. 'It can't be..' I thought as I shook my head.

After awhile, I heard the door opened. I was about to look back when the person who entered started to speak. "Sorry. I'm late" That voice... Why does that sound so familiar? That husky voice... How come I've heard that somewhere?

"You must be my new secretary. What's your name again?" I heard him asked as I felt myself stiffened with his voice. I looked back and was surprised to see who it was.

"Kwon Jiyong" I muttered.

He looked surprised as I was. We both stayed rooted on our spot as we stared at each other. He looked kind of the same as how he looked when I last saw him at the prom, he looked slightly thinner and It didn't escaped my eyes to see his tired eyes.Is he been working all the time? When did he return from New York? How come he haven't said a word to me?  I parted my lips to speak, but no words could come out. I just don't what to say to him.

Park Hanbyul came in with a tray of coffee. "Mr. Kwon. This is Sandara Park. She will be your new secretary starting today. And since she's new, I'll be asssiting her." Hanbyul explained as Jiyong cleared his throat. "Nice to meet you, Sandara Park" He said casually as he sat on his chair and started to scanned some paper works.

"I will be leaving since I have some schedule to do with Mr. Choi. You guys can have a talk and get to know each other" Park Hanbyul as she left the office. An uncomfortable silence enveloped the room as I awkwardly stared at the blank face, avoiding to make eye-contact with him.

When I finally couldn't stand that awkward silence, I finally dared myself to speak. "Jiyong. Can we talk for a moment?"

"Don't bring up personal matters in the office, Miss Park. And you should be calling me Mr. Kwon. What would the other employees think when they heard you calling me Jiyong?" He said, without even looking up from his paper work.

"Help me bring the papers from Park Hanbyul's table. and bring me some coffee" I bowed in respect before I went out to to what he asked me to do.

Oh well.

If he told me that I can't talk to him in the office, I could always talk to him after work. Since when did he learn to be serious in work?

I kinda miss the old him.