Chapter VII

「Love Vision」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I took a deep breath,vaguely registering the sound of our footsteps tapping their way through the corridor. It was a creepy feeling not knowing where we're going and what awaits us at the destination While relaxing with Baekhyun someone knocked on our door and said he was sent  after us, it was an ordered for him to us gods know where.Since the guy didn't give us any explanation and he just casually said that we must follow him we did. I hated this situation and I bet Baek doesn’t like it neither.  But we just need to shut our mouths and endure until we find those stupid stones and we can go home back to our clan.

After passing through a thousand of hallways and lounges we have reached a good end in front of a massive door that was somewhere in the basement of the castle.Our attendant knocked on the door 3 times, after that he didn't even wait for the door to be open widely, he pushed us inside almost immediately and he took off.

I opened my mouth willing to say something but closed it back instantly , observing the room we were in.It looks like a crammed bunker packed with all sorts of weapons which occupies an entire wall.The room was poorly lit by a bundle of lit candles sitting here and there in the corners of the chamber.Squinting my eyes I saw a huge library full of books thick and old , so old that if I were to open one of them a cloud of dust will come out,so dense that it could swallow anyone was in the room.

Moving on, i laid my eyes on a big, round table, beautifully polished and made out of mahogany, it was fixed in the center of the room and it's mystical air reminded me of the round table knights.My gaze wandered around the room and I noticed some shelves full of old boxes being visibly damaged because of years that have passed over them and suspicious bottles with liquids.After that I finally noticed seven people who were bent on a tall desk, they were all concentrated on a thick book with yellowed pages. I could notice a few wrinkles had made their appearance on the foreheads of some of the members as they read the information.

In a corner lies a girl with jetty short hair and i do remember her from the first day here, she presented herself under the name of Kiko.She noticed me immediately and throwed a welcoming look once our eyes meet .

"Oh, shortie and the cat-boy, come here. We were waiting for you." Chanyeol said with a stupid smile on his face that was stretching from ear to ear.

"Shortie? Well that’s a new one." I said as I headed toward them pulling Baek after me and taking place on an empty seat to his right "You know, I’m not even that short."

"For me you sure are."He laughed.

"Chanyeol, cut the bull. We are here for serious business, not to fool around with a human girl." Kai said serios but in a defiant tone ,throwing me an provocative stare.

I clenched my fist, fighting the urge to slam my fist in his face but i'm too smart for that so i just ignore his remark and act as i never heard it in the first place.

Baek squeezed my hand and Kiko send me an apologetic look wanting to make me feel better.

I cleared my throat breaking the silence that settled.

“So, what’s the plan? How do we find this gems? I suppose it's not like they'll magically appear in front of us.

Nobody said a thing, but I could see a few smiles that had formed on their face.

"Of course not, human girl." a voice behind me said, a silhouette of a boy around baek’s stature making his appearance. I almost fell off the chair by surprise but I to kept my balance only managing to shake a little, it's not like a ghost materialized daily around me.

"Don’t be scare, I won’t bite." he said grinning at me, scaring the crap out of me for the second time. "I am D.O. , You must be the new girl, right?" he said still holding a grin.

I nodded, swallowing my saliva.

‘’ I need to cast a spell.’’, Kiko finally spoked. ‘’This will show me the gems location, and I’m gonna give you a magical compass that will lead exactly to where they are. Now that we have gathered all, Shall We begin?’’

Everyone approved, then Lay looked for something in a closet and pulled out a giant map, which he spread across the table , helped by a few members of Exodus.

Then he beckoned everyone and we come to the table surrounding it and waching  how Kiko opens the the old book that I had seen before and started throwing  some unknown words, setting a fixed point above my head. She looked pretty scary with her eyes gleamed, rising slightly above the ground while the spell continues. It didn’t take  much and she fell on the cold wooden floor being caught by Lay's strong hands .

‘’I found it, but you must hurry. There's not much time left . You'll leave tomorrow morning." She said disordered, then stood up leaning against Lay and bent over the map, tracing a X ,directly with her empty hands ,over a small village which lies at probably 12 hours apart of where we are, being forced to travel all day long.

‘’And what should we expect? Some monsters fights?’’ I said yawning lazily.

‘’I don’t think so. The first stone should be easy to find. As you move forward it will be more difficult to get to them, but at the moment there is nothing complicated.’’ Kiko said massaging her head.

‘’Oh perfect, but I'm still gonna grab some weapons. You'll never know.’’ isaid looking at the perfectly clean weapons.There was a whiff and a little laugh and I identified who made it, recognizing the voice immediately.

"It won’t be necessary. It's not like you’’ll be of much use.Remember, I accepted you because father said so . But don’t you dare interferate in our job."

I felt my blood boiling and I noticed that even  Baekhyun tightened around me. I hated Him. I hated him so damn much. I junst wanted to grab that stupid map and shove it in his throat, screw the whole mission and get the first train home.

But I knew I couldn’t do that.

I just nodded at his words and withdrew to the back of the room, being swallowed by the darkness. Some of them threw me a sad look, but I knew they couldn’t say anything. Nobody disagreed with Kai.

 

۞

 

After about an hour in witch they discussed unimportant things, we were allowed to leave the room. I steeped in front of the door and when I put my hand on the handle a noisy growl was heard from my stomach, enchoing the whole room.

I blushed and went out the door, wanting to disappear as quickly as possible but someone grabbed my arm turning me around, facing him.

"You should have dinner with us." Luhan told me with a shy smile. I suppose we’re all hungry.

"Yes Gain, we shouldnt eat dinner at least." Baekhyun pulled me by my sleeve, looking at me with his big wandering eyes.

I nodded and I just silently  followed Luhan, with Baekhyun behind me.

Just when we wanted to turn around a corner , we were sopped by a husky voice.

‘’Prince Kai, the king is waiting for you.’’

I heard him cursing under his breath, then he changed his direction leaving us behind.

 

۞

 

I entered the dining room moving carefully through it and sat down in the first chair I came across. The others entered the room immediately after hurling strange looks towards me, but i choose to ignore their strange behaivor and wait for my food while drinking a glass of water.

I heard someone open the door then slam it behind him and i surely didn't have to look back to figure out who entered the room, but i just continued to nibble the large pice of meat .Suddenly I felt my chair slips away and the next moment I was on the marble floor of the room.

I raised my head high and I was not surprised when I saw a furious Kai, he looked so mad that in a seccond he could throw every single one of us out the window.

"What’s your ing problem?" I burst out, no longer being able to deal with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter