Chapter IV

「Love Vision」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IV

I felt the cold wind touching my skin and slightly ruffling my hair, the bird flapped their wings startled by my sudden arrival and that sound filled the forest. I raised my body from the wet grass and got lost in the darkness of the woods , the mist was dense and I could barely see through it. The trees were tall and old, some with fewer leaves then the others. It looked like the woods from anyone's nightmare .

Silent and dangerous. My thoughts were chased away by a loud sound, that woke me to reality. Right now I was in a life or death fight, I couldn't lose my concentration . I turned around but nothing was there. "You know the roles of the game. No magic. Two of you will be able to get out alive from there.Good luck. Now shall the fight begin ? " it was kai's voice talking deep in my ear for a moment and complete silence again.

I used this moment to inspect the weapons I took from the table. A belt tightly wrapped around my hips, loaded with 6 knives, 3 different types. Another small belt wrapped around my right leg with 2 daggers, a small gun and finally the 2 knives I held in my hands.

They were my favorite because they could slash on both sides because of their sharpness. I suddenly heard a loud sound right behind my back . My visions weren't present yet and I could feel my heart pounding faster at the feeling of danger.

I tightened my grip around both knives and quickly turned around but to my surprise a little dear popped up from behind a tree.I sighed relieved and watched as the deer ran away in the dim light. Too bad I couldn't watch this beautiful, painting like scenery for long.

A strong grip crawled up my throat from behind, but my visions were quicker and I saw my enemies move before it happened. I turned around immediately and was welcomed by a tall man dressed in a long brown jacket, his eyes were surprised he didn't expect this turn of events.I rammed my heel in his stomach causing him to fall down on his back .

This was my chance , he was defenseless, I tried to jump on him and bury my knife in his heart... but it was too late. He rolled to the side to grab his fallen sword and quickly hit me in the side with the back of it. I clenched my teeth at the sudden pain but blocked his next attack with my knives placed in an X form.For a few moments our faces were so close I could hear him swearing at me under his breath.

"Impressive, woman. I thought you're the weakest."I snorted aggressively at his words and released his sword from the grip of my knives only to spin around and ram my feet in his shoulder.He caught it and pulled me into his punch, I leaned back trying to avoid it and deeply slashed his skin. He hissed in pain and looked at me with angry eyes, his iris filled with red sparkles.

"I guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover."I said as a respond rolling my knife in my hand and placing both of them in my pockets. He laughed hysterically at my action and raised his sword "Don't rise your hopes, hun."

I saw his next attack and dodged it by taking two steps back and immediately pulled out the small gun shooting his leg, I aimed for the other one, but right at that moment I got another vision and backed up. I was slow due to the wet ground and he slightly cut my skin.

"You ." he yelled in pain. My wound wasn't a big one so I regained my balance smoothly before falling on to the ground. As I raised my head ... I was alone. "Oh, now you're scared of a little girl ?" I exclaimed looking around. I tried to listen to every sound around me, feel any scent, anything.
 I failed .

A cold , sharp thing the back of my neck."Didn't I tell you 'Don't raise your hopes up.'"

In the arena people were already laughing "Didn't I tell you she'll die first ?"a man told another in a sharp tone and the other one laughed even more " 'What do you care if I die.' " said another one in a mocking tone.

"She's a filthy ,stupid human. Can't they understand their place ?" a woman continued. I clenched my fist and looked around for a way out. Suddenly the sword slightly slashed the side of my neck.Am I going to die? Right now, right here ?

"Wait." I mumbled under my breath "That wasn't a sword . "I widened my eyes as I turned around. The man I was fighting a while ago was sitting breathless on the cold ground."How..." I continued and turned around once again. Two mans where standing a few meters away from me.

", you missed. You only killed one." I quickly reached for my knife but a sudden horrific pain shoot through my head."Not now!" I said through clenched teeth. I couldn't stop it, and for a few seconds a variety of images shoot through my head.

 Baekhyun. Alone in the middle of the forest wounded, in pain. Teary eyes slightly hidden behind his black hair as always, suddenly an arrow flew towards his head, coming closer and closer. A few inches far from his soft and loving eyes and...the vision stopped. 

"No !!" I yelled out of my vision shocked and panicked. Baekhyun, I need to find him, is he ...dead? Suddenly a voice said softly in my ear ."Congratulation, you're now the last 12 people alive." No, no, no this can't be true.A warm tear caressed my cheek and i clenched my fist looking straight in the ground.

A strong pain woke me to reality, the pain was unbearable. I looked at my shoulder and saw blood sliding down my fair skin. I clenched my teeth trying to bear it ...I didn't have time for this. It's this or nothing , I grabbed the Push Dagger and looked at it as he reflected the moon light. I tightened my grip around it and as the man dashed forward spinning his scythe in the air, I followed him.

I had one chance "Don't screw this up, Gain." I mumbled under my breath as I got closer to the man. He threw his coat towards me just as a distraction, I kicked it to the side and dodged his scythe. That weapon was insanely sharp, I realised as it cut my cheek. Two men were surrounding me, as the other one placed his hand on my shoulder and turned me around, his sword flew directly at my stomach, but I saw his move seconds ago.

This was my chance, I quickly dogged it placing a foot on it and jumped towards the other man raising my dagger in the air. He didn't expect that so I took the advance to kick away his scythe. That was the moment, he was defenseless. I faced him just to have a last look in his eyes. I saw what I wanted...Fear.

I stabbed him directly in his head and hit him in the stomach just to let him fall with a loud thud in the muddy ground. I smirked at the bulb of light above us , I realized this was like a camera for the ones in the arena, I immediately heard loud cheering and my smirk widened.

But the smirk didn't last long another knife flew at my previous wound, making it deeper and way more painful "Stupid visions , why won't you work when I need you" i hissed and grabbed my shoulder.

"You filthy scum!" the last man growled a few meters away from me . My vision was already blurry from the blood loss and I had troubles standing up. I saw the man's next move, as he was about to ram his heel in my ribs but I caught his foot in time and crashed him to the ground. I immediately climbed over him and buried my knife in his chest.

This wasn't enough to kill him instantly, but it will slow him down. "I need to get out of here, I need a safe place. " I thought. I got off of the man and tried to run but he caught my ankle and spit right away "You're not going anywhere!" I fell down hitting my shoulder again due to the sudden pull. The pain was unimaginable and I bit my lip trying once again to bear with it, I bit it until blood dripped out and pushed another dagger deeply in his arm until the man released me.

But this wasn't over,I heard steps following me and I tried to run as fast as I could, the thunder was present and the smell of rain was in the air along with the smell of blood, a shuriken flew besides me cutting my left thigh, "He won't give me peace huh? Okay then." I hissed under my breath and turned around for a few seconds aiming my target and throwing a knife directed straight at his heart.

But the man turned around and the knife hit his back, still better than nothing. He was slower and screaming in pain but still chasing me. I suddenly reached a small river, but I was at my limit, I couldn't run anymore, when another voice talked in my ear "Congratulation, you're now the last 7 participants alive."

I turned around and listened closely... no one was following me. I smelled carefully the air around me "Gun powder." I whispered. Right at that moment a built man showed up, he slowly walked through the deep mist with a gun in his hand. He eyed me carefully and raised his gun, slightly smirking. I couldn't fight, not in this condition, my vision were blurry and my shoulder was killing me slowly. I had no way out.

But...only one way, I heard the loud gun releasing the bullet. I had less than a second to think my next move, but I already knew it. I let my body fell backwards and felt the cold water enveloping me but... I couldn't move, something was wrong. It seems so peaceful, hearing only the sound of the ocean.

"Am I dying?" I asked myself looking around, exploring my surroundings. Is death like this? Is it this... peaceful?' It felt like I was sleeping , captive in a long and beautiful dream.

Why am I thinking about him, why his eyes? Why dreaming about him makes me feel safe and somehow...happy but sad at the same time? Kai... What's your story? Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter