Ch.3

My Foreign Teacher *97 line*

“Now that everyone has decided to arrive,” you slightly side glanced JungKook, who kept staring out the window, you smiled as you made eye contact with your students, “let's get this started. First, let's talk about who I am. Ok?”

“Yes.” your students said in unison. You smiled.

“Like I said before, my name is (Full Name), I’m 22 years old and I graduated from (College) two years ago and did interning in a elementary school,” and hand shot up. You looked at the student, “Yes?”

“Sunbaenim, you're only 22 years old? How is it possible you're already out of school and teaching?” a student asked. You smiled.

“Well, I graduated high school early.” You said. You class room started to chatter amongst themselves in disbelief. They weren't aware how different American high schools are vs Korean high schools. American students attend high school four years vs Koreans three. American students can also take summer school and more classes to gain extra credit. Once a American student gains all their credits then they graduate. You would tell them that, however it just seems like you became ten times cooler in your students eyes.

“Daebak.” Jimin whispered. JungKook peek over at you before looking out the window. You folded your hands together.

“This is my first official teaching job, so we both will be learning together this year. Just because I'm new don't think any of you can slack off. Make sure you study well, ok?” you asked.

“Yes.” they all said. You smiled before fixing your sleeves.

“Alright, now for more important things,” you paced around the front of the class room, “Who would like to be class president of your senior class?” the class started shifting eyes. Some didn't, some did, some was seeing who would be the best candidate, one that didn't seem to interested. You leaned against your desk. Yerin raised her hand.

“Can I offer a name? He's been a class president before.” She smiled. You moved your head.

“So, you're basically offering him up to the wolves?” you joked before pacing again. Yerin placed her hand on her desk.

“No, he was a great president last year.” she said. You stop in front of her row.

“And he's name...?”

“Lee Jun Young.” she said. You raised your brow before scanning the class. One boy in the front smiled and looked down. You smiled before walking in front of his desk. The boy looked up surprised to see you looking at him.

“Lee Jun Young shi, your class mate has recommended you. Are you ok with your name being out there?” you asked. Jun smiled and rubbed his head.

“I guess I'm ok with it.”

“You don't have to if you don't want to.”

“It's alright, I'll do it.” he said. You smiled before walking to the chalk board.

“Alright, we have our first contestant.” you said writing his name on the board. EunHa raised her hand.

“Sunbae, are we picking vice president too?” she asked. You clicked your tongue.

“We can.” you said. EunHa turned to look at JungKook before raising her hand.

“I recommend Jeon JungKook as class president.” JungKook lifted his chin up as he groaned in annoyance.

“Yah, Jung EunHa.” he hissed. EunHa turned around and smiled.

“I'll be the vice president so we can be together.” she said. JungKook looked really annoyed. You smirked as you twirled your chalk.

“Do you agree, Jeon JungKoook?” you asked. JungKook looked at you, he sure had a piercing stare.

“I don't agree.” he said looking back out the window. EunHa pouted shuffling her feet. You cleared throat before looking around the classroom.

“Any other volunteers?” you asked. A couple of other names were thrown out and they were written down. You clicked your tongue before turning around. “Alright, let's have a vote shall we? Everyone close your eyes.” everyone followed, minus JungKook. You crossed your arms. “Grumpy cat in the back, close your eyes as well.” the class chuckled, making Jungkook look back at you before another annoyed sigh came from his mouth but he closed his eyes. Anything for you to leave him alone. You smiled as your eyes wondered the rest of the class. “Alright, with a raise of hands we'll decide who everyone wants as president. First, Lee Jun Young.” you went through the names. Some names got more, some got less, some got none, and one didn't even participate in the choosing. You shook your head looking at JungKook, you'll have to keep a eye on him. You circled Lee Jun Young on the board before clapping your hands. “Congratulations to Lee Jun Young. You're the class president.” the class room clapped and Jun stood up to bow to the rest of the class. You smiled at him before looking at the clock. Class was about over. You looked out to your students. “Homeroom is over. I can't wait to see everyone during English. Be respectful to your teachers. Study hard. I'll end homeroom early so you all can take a moment to get yourselves together. Bye” your class said their goodbyes as you walked out. The class room exploded into chatter.

 

“Damn... I didn't expect that.” Mingyu said, looking over at his best friend. SeokMin nodded.

“I mean, very class has a hot teacher right?” he whispered, “and her Korean was amazing. I've never heard a white person speak so well.” Mingyu nodded as her drummed his finger against the desk making a beat.

“We can totally make a song about this, right?”

“I'll tell hyung about it.” Seokmin said nodding his head to the beat MinGyu was playing.

 

“Class president once again.” Jun sighed taking out his books. Yerin pouted.

“Sorry if you didn't want too.” she said from behind him. Jun shook his head.

“It'll look good on a resume, don't worry about it.” Jun laughed. Yerin smiled from behind.

“Then, should I become the vice president?” Jun laughed.

“Oh, flirting? Just date.” Tia joked. Jun shook his head.

“I'm to focus on studying.” Jun said. Yerin nodded.

“I can't have a boyfriend, how would that look on my acting career?” she said pulling out a mirror to look at herself. Tia turned to look at Yerin.

“Acting? Really?” she scoffed. Yerin looked over at Tia.

“What?”
“Are you with a company? How do you even plan on being a actress?”

“Just wait, when I become the next Park Shin Hye, you'll be all over my fan cafe asking if I remember you.” Yerin said. Tia scoffed before turning away. Melina turned around.

“Fighting!” she cheered for Yerin before turning to her boyfriend. “Maru~” Maru turned to look at her with a charming smile.

“Yes~?” he asked clicking his pen. Melina pulled out some bread from her bag and handed to him.

“Eat some. You'll need you strength for out next class.” she said, blushing a bit. Tia scoffed. Maru happily accepted the bread and opened it.

“How are you still acting like your confessing to your crush?” Tia said shaking her head. Melina rested her chin on her hands watching her boyfriend.

“Cause I still am.” she said as Maru tore a piece of bread off leaning over to feed her. Both of them smiled widely at each other. Jimin scoffed from her seat, pulling out her books as well.

“Disgusting.” she said under her breath, tucking her hair behind her ear. She looked at the book but then peeked back up to the happy couple.

“Jagiya.” the boy kept looking out the window as his admirer turned to look at him. EunHa smiled resting her elbow on his desk, “how can you refuse us the possibility of ruling the class together. We could have been queen and king.” Jungkook sighed as EunHa kept ranting about him rejecting the president offer. She really never stops. JungKook rubbed his temples before standing up. The sound of his chair skidding against the classroom floor made everyone stop and look. JungKook noticed everyones stare before looking out the window with another sigh. EunHa looked up confused as she blinked her innocent eyes. “Where are you going?” JungKook started walking away from his desk. Jun stood up.

“JungKook shi.” Jungkook opened the door closes to the back of the classroom.

“Bathroom.” he said before closing the door behind him. Yugyeom shook his head as he looked over at EunHa who was pouting at the door.

“No wonder he skips school. You annoy him.” EunHa glared at him before turning in her seat.

“He said he had to go the bathroom.” she said crossing her arms. Yugyeom shook his head as the teacher for the class entered,

 

You walked into your next class. New faces, new students. The students looked at you in surprise. The class president in this class called everyone to attention and bowed respectfully. You smiled at the class before you bowed to them.

“Hello, I’m your new teacher, (Full Name).” you said. The class responded, making you smile. There defiantly wasn't a JungKook in this class, they all were wonderful. You took out a stack of papers before handing them out to the class. “Don't feel to pressured by this test. It's not going towards your grade. It just lets me know how advanced your English skills are so I can change my style to fit your needs.” you said. The students who looked tensed eased as there was a sigh of relief. You walked to the front of the class. “Just because this isn't for a grade doesn't mean you shouldn't take it seriously. OK?”

“Yes.”

Alright, you have 30 minutes. When you're done place your paper face down.” you said as you pulled out a timer. You set it on the front desk as you smiled at the kids in front of you. “Ready? Start.” you clicked the timer. You walked around the classroom, noting what students where struggling vs the ones that weren't. When you got to the back of the class you looked outside, noticing a student laying on the benches by the basketball court. Your arms crossed recognizing the student.

 

 

“I'm sure class has started already.” JungKook opened his eyes, seeing you looking down at him. Jungkook looked away before sitting up. You inwardly sighed before crossing your arms. JungKook looked up at the sun. “Let me guess, you got lost?” JungKook looked over at you, before looking at the court.

“Something like that.” he muttered, standing up and brushing off his dress pants. You sighed.

“Get to class, JungKook shi.” you said. JungKook looked at you for a moment before bowing and walking off towards the building, hands in his pockets. You shook your head. “I'm going to really need to keep an eye on him.” before following. JungKook sighed in annoyance when he heard your heels clicking behind him. Obviously he knew this was the main doors, but did you seriously have to follow behind him? Epically with his phone vibrating in his pocket being one of the many calls he could get from employers.

 

You walked back into your English class about another 10 minutes remained on the timer. You looked at your students that were still scribbling. One had his head down. You causally wondered over and peeked at his desk. The paper was flipped over making you continue to walk around the class seeing other students flipping their papers too. You passed another boy, he was scratching his head as he wrote hesitantly. You pouted as you passed him, cheering him on in your head. Suddenly, the timer went off.

“Ok, if you're on a sentence finish your thought before passing up your paper.” you said. The students followed your instruction before handing up their papers. You clipped the papers together before turning to your class. “Alright, today will be one of the few days we'll be speaking Korean in class.” your students looked at each other before looking back at you. “One of the best ways to learn a language is submersion. When I was learning Korean I surrounded myself with a lot of music and movies as I studied to pick up the language. I'll be using these tricks with you. I know some of you won't be comfortable with speaking, I understand completely. However, you won't do better if you don't try.” your students had mix reactions before being brought up to attention when your heels clicked to the computer on the side of the room. Pulling up YouTube, you clicked in the search engine and pulled up a clip from the Avengers. You could here the chirps from the students as the clip appeared on the projector on the wall. You stood up to hit the lights. “ As this clip plays, write down words you recognize. I'm using a fun movie, but if you don't do the assignment I'll have to go into boring movies instead.” your students pulled out paper as you clicked the movie.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m6UKS1L0YQ)

 

“You can put head to your seat now JungKook shi,” Seo said, finishing the sentence on the board. JungKook dropped his arms before standing up slowly, she started on her next sentence. “I hope you'll be on time the next time we have class. Turn your page to 256.” Jungkook went to his seat as his class mates turned their pages. He caught Yugyeom smirk as he turned his page.

“Your bad boy image is going to get old.” Yugyeom said, landing n the page. JungKook stayed quite as he sat at his desk. EunHa turned around to face him.

“I took notes for you as well.” she whispered cheerfully, holding up both the notebooks. JungKook stayed silent as he got out his books, making EunHa pout before turning back to the chalk board. JungKook looked up to see if Miss. Seo was watching. She had her back toward the class. JungKook snuck out his iphone to look. He had about 137 missed calls, he scoffed imagining about 100 was from the girl that sat in front of him, and about 50 messages. He unlocked his phone to scroll threw the miss calls.

“So, during the late 1800's.” Miss. Seo's voice made JungKook place his phone in between his legs so he could still see the lit screen as he scribbled in his notebook to make it look like he was paying attention. Once the teachers back was facing him, he held the phone in his hand.

 

Dont answer (45x messages): Jagi~~~? Aren’t you on your way to school yet? XOXOXO

JungKook scoffed, deleting the messages. The next one caught his eye.

BBQ Boss: JungKook ah, we're inspecting to be busy tonight, can you possibly get here sooner? I'll double your pay if you get here before 4!

JungKook looked up at the clock before looking up front to see Miss. Seo still facing away from him. JungKook mind started coming up with excuses to get out of school early.

 

 

Ok class.” you said as the clip ended “What are some of the words everyone picked up?”

You

Save

Worst

Party

Wild

Run

You wrote down the words on the board with a chuckle, a lot of it was easy words. You figured they were into the scene and just picked words. However, the assignment was words they knew.

Contaminate” You were surprised, not that contaminate was a super difficult word, it just surprised you someone knew how to say it. You looked back to see a boy with his hand raised, letting you know it was him who said it. You shrugged your shoulders as you added the e on the end.

“So out first word is, You.” you said circling the word. “who wants to use this word in a sentence?” your students looked at each other or looked down. One student raised his hand. You pointed. “What's you sentence?”

You have a really nice smile.” he said with a smirk. You smiled at him as you moved to your desk.

Very good...” you looked down at the assignment seat, surprised to see the foreign name.

Miss, you can just call me BamBam.” BamBam said. You smiled at your student.

“Ok, BamBam. Very good. Any other else?” you asked. Another male raised his hand, you looked at the sheet infront of you.

Yes... Kyle?” you asked. Kyle gulped before looking at his desk.

We rike (like) to party?” he asked. You smiled at him and nodded.

“That is correct, good job. Try to pronounce the L in like. We'll do it together. Say it with me class. Say L.”

L.” they repeated. You smiled while clapping your hands.

“Now say Like.”

L(R)ike” some of your students pronounced the L wrong, but you gave them a hopeful smile.

“Don’t feel bad if you can't say it right away. Practice makes perfect.” you held up your closed fist in the 'fighting' stance. “Fighting!” BamBam smiled along with the rest of the class.

“Sunbae is adorable.” he said, shaking his head.

 

“Ah! Lunch time!” Melina cooed as the math teacher left the room. Maru smile nodding.

“Ah, lets go get some food.” Maru said standing up. His girlfriend shot up and grabbed his arm.

“Maru ah, i'll go with you!” she chimed. Maru pinched her cheeks.

“I'll buy you some milk.” he said. Melina hugged his arm as she made a cute noise in happiness. She then look at Tia who was jokingly scoffing at the two.

“Want to come?” she asked. Tia shook her head.

“No, my mom made me lunch.” she said. Melina pouted.

“Alright,” she then turned to smile at her boyfriend, “Maru ah, lets go.” Maru nodded before leading her out of the room. Eunha turned around to look at JungKook who was looking at his phone.

“Jagiya ah! Want to eat together?” EunHa asked batting her eyes at him. JungKook didn't respond. EunHa tapped his arm “Jagiya~ I made a lunch for you.” JungKook sighed before standing up to leave the class. EunHa stood up to follow him, cutely calling his name. Yugyeom started to laugh in his seat watching them.

“Ah, poor JungKook.” he chuckled pulling out his phone. Going to his twitter account.

JYPNation @real_jyp: Come audition for JYP!

Yugyeom about flew out of his seat seeing the tweet. The link on the tweet exposing that audition will be held three months from than. Yugyeom gulped memorizing the date. To be a trainee with JYP!? To be under one of the big three would be amazing and a good boost to the public. Good for a career. Yugyeom looked down and away from the phone, his hand shaking slightly as he locked his iphone, a deep sigh escaping his mouth.

 

 

“Your first official meal as a teacher.” Miss Seo smiled as she sat across from you at the teachers lunch table. “Hope it suits your test.” You smiled at her.

“Compared to American school food, this is way better.” you said eating and spoon full of rice. Miss. Seo smiled.

“Hello.” you both to turn to at the males voice. The man awkwardly smiled, his gym suit fitting him loosely as his glasses rested slight;y slanted on his face. You both smiled and bowed at the older male.

“Hello.” you responded. The 32 year old male smiled widen. Miss Seo raised her brow before clearing .

“You should take a seat, Bae sunbaenim.” she said mentioning to the seat next to you. You nodded your head with a smile.

“I couldn't imagine you standing to eat.” You said. Mr. Bae ohed and nodded before awkwardly sitting by you. Miss.Seo smiled as she picked up some of her kimchi.

“So, how was class?” she asked. Bae cleared his throat.

“Same old, you know, running and exercise.” his voice was kinda annoyed and whiny as he looked around the table. He was a little startled by your eyes and he awkwardly smiled again, “No-not like I can't handle it. You know I like exercise, ha ha.” Seo hummed picking p her cup of water. You nodded.

“I'm sure you do. Being a gym teacher you should be in good shape.” you said. Bae confidence grew with his smile.

“Oh yeah, if your body isn't good then you shouldn't be a gym teacher.” he boosted trying to flex his mucle while he moved his arm to pick up food with his chopsticks. Seo smile didn't lose her smile as she kept drinking her water, watching him amusingly before her attention turned to you.

“How's your classes going?” she asked, You smiled.

“Doing well, most of my students are really good.” you said grabbing some glass noodles from your plate. Seo placed her cup down.

“Most?”

“If any of your students cause problems, let me know,” Bae tapped his chest, “I'll straighten them out for you.” You smiled.

“I appreciate it, Bae sunbaenim.” you said allowing yourself to eat the noodles. Seo nodded.

“Well, seeing you have Jeon Jungkook.” she said. You looked up at her.

“Aish, that punk.” Bae muttered, you looked between the two teachers with confusion.

“What's wrong?” you asked. Seo picked up her water.

“Jeon Jungkook, diffidently would rather be anywhere but school.” she said, “from what I hear from other teachers, he's a small handful.”

“That punk should just drop out.” Bae muttered. You looked at the older male with shock on your features. Bae cleared his throat awkwardly, “J-Jeon just doesn't have a amazing track record. He's grades are bad, his attendance is bad, his attitude is bad.” You blinked then looked down at your food.

“Shouldn't we try to help him then?” you asked politely. Seo sighed softly.

“That punk doesn't want help. (L/N) Sunbaenim don't waste you efforts, he's a lost cause. We all tried.” Bae said. Your shock expression didn't fade as you looked at your plate. Lost cause? Lost cause!? How could they say that about a student? You took a drink of your water before standing up the older teachers watching you. You smiled.

“Excuse me.” you said that walking away. Bae opened his mouth to call for you but didn't. Seo shook her head as she took a sip.

“You do realize you're about ten years older than her. ert.” she said. Bae blushed.

“I-I don't kn-ow what you're talking about. I'm just being a good sunbae.” Bae said standing up from his spot. Seo amused look didn't fade.

“If your age didn't do it, your little rant did. Telling a bright eyed caring teacher to give up on a student on the first day of school? Very charming.”

“You know how that punk is! She'll be wasting her time. Don't want her to be crushed cause she is a bright eyed caring teacher.”

“Yeah, whatever you say.” Seo smirked watching Bae rub his head and sit back down, fixing his glasses.

 

 

I can't believe he said that.” You shook your head in disbelief. “A student is a little misguided and just to label him as a lost cause? What teacher just does that?” you sighed in annoyance as you walked to the stairwell, almost crashing into JungKook. JungKook jumped, almost dropping his phone. You looked at him in surprise. “Jungkook.” the said boy face flashed in annoyance and embarrassment but the younger boy bowed slightly.

“Sunbaenim.” he responded coming back up. You cleared your throat.

“What are you doing?” you asked. Jungkook looked at you, his annoyed expression never changing as he locked his phone.

“Am I in trouble? Because it it lunch time, I’m allowed to roam.” You were a little taken back by his attitude (or non-attitude) and cleared your throat again.

No, just curious.” you said. Jungkook eyed you as he nodded his head slowly.

“Right, well, if i'm not in trouble, I will leave first,” JungKook bowed, “Sunbaenim.” you nodded your head as he past you, unlocking his phone as he causally walked down the hall. You narrowed your eyes at him before turning away to keep heading down the hall. Bad attitude was right.

 

You clicked you pen as you looked at your homeroom, noting the missing seat in the back. You sighed.

“Class president, do you know where Jeon Jungkook shi went?” Jun looked down as the rest of the class did in a non guilty way. EunHa was bouncing her leg as she bit her thumb. Jun looked up at you.

“He never came back after social studies ended.” Jun said. You clicked the pen again, looking at the empty desk.

Lost cause, huh?