CH.2

My Foreign Teacher *97 line*

ENG Thoughts

 

Ch.2

 

 

March came too soon you felt, buttoning up your sky blue blouse staring at yourself in the mirror. You couldn't believe it was the first day of school. You heart pounded ran a hand softly through your brown locks. You wiped your hands on your black slacks as you breathed.

“You better hurry up (Your name) ah, or you'll be late.” Hana called from down stairs. You jumped slightly.

“O-oh. Yes unnie!” you called out, reaching for your work bag. You looked in the mirror and nodded to yourself. “You can do it (Full Name), fighting!” you smiled before heading out your bed room door.

 

“Hey Mingyu, I heard there is a English new teacher this year.” SeokMin said, opening a coffee can he bought on their way to school. Mingyu looked at the other boy opening the bag to a red bean filled bread he wanted to eat.

“Chincha? Wow Lee sunbaenim finally clocked out huh?” he awed before taking a bite out of his bread. SeokMin chuckled.

“From what buzz was online, I guess she's a American.” he said, taking a sip of his coffee. Mingyu looked at his friend.

“American? Wow, we're having a real foreigner as our English teacher? Daebak, (HS.) is moving up in the world. Who knew we could afford a foreigner?” he chuckled. SeokMin snickered.

“If she's American, I bet she's fat.” Mingyu broke into laughter.

“Yah, shall we bet? I bet she'll be 90kg (200lbs).” he joked. SeokMin smirked.

“I bet 95kg (210lb).”

 

“Which class did you get Maru ah!?” Melina asked, grasping onto the taller boys arm. Maru smiled at his girlfriend, showing her his schedule.

“I'm in 3-B. Where are you?” he asked. Melina smiled brightly as she showed her boyfriend her schedule.

“I'm in 3-B too! Ah! We get to be in class together for our final year! This is awesome!” she exclaimed jumping up and down, causing a little scene. “Now I can make sure no girls tryto bother you!” Maru smiled as he affectionately petted her head.

“That’s good. I'll hate to be swarmed by them like last year.” He joked. Melina gasped at him.

“You were swarmed last year!? Who where they! Yah! Did you cheat?” she puffed out her cheeks. Maru smiled before gently bumping his head against hers.

“I told them all I was taken by the most beautiful girl in the world and I wouldn't even look their way.” he said. Melina smiled happily while she grab his arm and rested her head on his shoulder.

“Ah! Maru ah!” she affectionately whined.

“Ugh, you two are starting already? Its only seven.” Tia spat as she walked over. Melina stuck her tongue out as she snuggled into her boyfriend.

“You can't stop love, right Maru?” she looked up at him. Maru smiled at her.

“Can't believe I'll have to go a whole year in class with you two.” Tia shook her head with a playful smile. “Shall we head to the book store?”

“Let's go!” Melina pulled on Maru's arm as the three headed to the book store

 

 

EunHa pouted as she dialed the number on her phone again. She impatiently listen to the ringing tone before it went to voice mail.

“Why won't Jungkook answer?” she huffed, dialing the number again. Jun walked in, seeing the girl frustrated with her cell phone. Jun smiled.

“What's wrong EunHa shi? JungKook ignoring you again?” he teased. EunHa glared at him.

“He's not ignoring me.” she spat, dialing her phone again. Jun claimed the middle seat in the front row before taking a seat. Yerin walked in, looking at the two teens in class.

“Oh, Jun ah? Daebak, I have you again in class.” she said. Jun smiled and bowed.

“Hello Baek Yerin shi.” he said. Yerin bowed back.

“Hello. Are you going to be president again this year?” she asked, walking to the second row next to the window. Jun rubbed his head.

“I dunno. We'll see.” he said.

“Jeon Jungkook, why aren't you picking up?” EunHa frowned, dialing her phone again. Yerin looked back and sighed.

“Looks like I'll see this again. Still haven’t given up yet EunHa shi?” she asked. EunHa looked at her.

“You all act like we're aren't fated to be together.”

“Doesn't seem like two are fated to be.”

“We've been in the same class since the last year of middle school. I think that’s fate.” EungHa said before dialing her phone again. Yerin placed her bag down with a smirk.

“Poor JungKook shi, wonder what he did in his past life to have to put up with this fate?” she commented as Maru and Melina walked in arms linked together with Tia following behind chatting with them. “Now here is a couple that’s fated. Hello.”

“Hello.” the trio bowed to their classmates.

“Maru ah, lets sit here, ok?” Melina said patting two desk in the middle row. Maru smiled at her.

“Ok, fine with me.” he said taking the seat next to her. Tia took the other side of Melina.

“Senior year. Let the stress start.” Tia joked holding a pen in the air. Melina held hers up,

“To ruling the school!” she said. Maru sat at his desk while smiling at the two girls.

“You two are fired up.” he commented. Melina flipped her hair.

“Of course. I have my bf and bff all in the same class.” she smiled sitting down at her desk. Suddenly, Jimin walked in, eyes starring at the floor after her walked in Jae Kyung. Melina saw them both before she shot up.

“Jae Kyung shi!” she exclaimed. Jae Kyung jumped a little before looking girl that wasthe center of attention. Melina quickly shuffled over to him, “You have to sit next to Maru ah alright.”

“E-eh?”

“I can't have a girl sit next to my boyfriend! C'mon. C'mon.” she dragged the boy over to the seat next to Maru who look apologetic to the poor boy before lookig at his girlfriend.

“Yah, how can you touch another man in front of me?” Maru teased. Melina hands flew off the other boy as she stared in shock.

“I didn't touch!” she went to her boyfriends side and pulled on his arm, “don't break up with me Maru ah! I won't do it again!” Maru smiled.

“Arasoo.” he patted her cheek. Melina smiled as she sat at her desk looking at her boyfriend. Jimin gagged as she went to the last seat in the window row. EunHa looked from her phone and jumped up.

“You can't! Jungkook always sits by the window.” she said. Jimin looked surprised before scoffing.

“What's up with the girls in this class?” she muttered.

“Yah EunHa shi, if she wants to sit there let her.” Jun said from the front of the class. EunHa shook her head.

“This is JungKook's spot. Last row window seat. He stares has to stare out the window.” she said. Jimin raised her eyebrow before sighing, taking the seat before the last seat.

“Is this seat ok?” she asked. EunHa pursed her lips together in thought. “nevermind.” Jimin went to the opposite side of the class room, setting her stuff down. Jun glared at EunHa.

“Nice going EunHa.” he commended. EunHa rolled her eyes before dialing JungKook's number again.

“JungKook ah, answer.” she muttered. Jun sighed before turning to the new figures that entered the room. Tia smiled.

“Oh, Yugyeum shi is here too?” she asked. Yugeyum bowed politely as he smiled to everyone.

“So many familiar faces.” he chuckled shifting his backpack straps. Tia nodded. Melina pointed at the dancer.

“You're not going to be playing pranks this year right? We have to study hard for college.” she said. Yugyeum sigh with a cheeky smile.

“Pranks are for sophomores.” he cooed heading toward the back of the class. Jun turned and chuckled.

“Dont take Jungkook's spot.” he teased. Yugyeum looked back in confusion.

“JungKook?” he asked. EunHa pointed at the dancer.

“Yah, Jungkook has to be by the window!” she exclaimed, dialing her phone again glaring at Yugyeum as she brought the device back to her ear. Yugyeum looked back towards the front students before turning back to EunHa.

“You never stop.” he says as he moved towards the left. EunHa followed him with her eyes before jumping out of her skin.

“YAH! Who said you could sit there!?” she exclaimed as Yugyeum set his stuff down at the desk next to 'JungKook's' desk. Yugyeum looked up at her.

“It's not JungKook's desk, why are you yelling? Do I need permission to sit in my own class room?” he asked as he moved the chair out to sit down. EunHa ran over and placed a hand on the desk.

“This is my seat! My backpack was right here!” she hissed. Yugyeum scoffed.

“Yah, there was no backpack on this desk. Your stuff on that desk right there isn't it?” he pointed to the desk infront of his. EunHa whip lashed herself looking at her stuff that was placed on the desk. She picked up her bag and turned toward Yugyeum.

“Trade me.”

“No way.”

“Yah, Kim Yugyeum, I told you the move!”

“I said, no.” he said, rubbing his on the chair before crossing his arms, “this desk is mine.” EunHa glared at him as she crossed her arms.

“Are you really not going to move!?” she asked. Yugyeum smiled.

“Nope.” The others in the class chuckled. EunHa rolled her eyes.

“I'll give you to the count of three.” she warned. Yugyeum smirked.

“I'm not moving, besides, you might want to claim your seat quick. More students are coming in, if you don't want your seat to be far away,my advice is to claim a seat before it's too late. EunHa scoffed.

“Yah, you...” she huffed before turning around and seeing another student claim the seat behind her. EunHa gasped before she looked at how fuller the class got and more students are wondering in. She turned to Yugyeum who just smirked at her. She hissed as she claimed the set infront of JungKook's. “I won't forget this!” she exclaimed. Yugyeum sighed in his seat.

“If you didn't make such a scene, maybe you could have gotten it.” he said pulling out a notebook. EunHa huffed as she turn in her seat and dialed it again. Everyone else in the class chuckled, pulling out their own notebooks.

 

 

You sat at your desk, inventorying all of your belongings and making sure you had everything you needed. Miss Seo smiled while walking up to you.

“Good morning (L/N) sunbaenim.” she said. You bowed and smiled.

“Good morning Seo Subaenim.” you said, tucking a lose strand of hair behind your ear. She pick up her folders.

“It's almost time for homeroom.” she said. You nodded before taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly. Miss Seo smiled, “since it's your first class, don't worry to much. But try to be strict with them. Ok?” you nodded.

“Ok.”

“Don't be to nice to them, (L/N) sunbaenim. If you're nice they tend to fool around” a older gentleman, Mr.Choi, said scratching his chin. Mr.Choi is the history teacher and one of the most disciplinary teachers in the school, “they're like animals, will prey on the weak.” you awkwardly smiled.

“A-ah. Yes, Choi sunbaenim.” you stuttered out before collecting your folders. Miss Seo smiled at you as she titled her head toward the door.

“Let's go.” she whispered, you smiled and nodded. First day of class, huh?

 

 

 

 

You stood in front of your class room door, you could hear the students chatting on the other side. You hugged your folder and inhaled. Alright (y/n), you can do this.... what if they hate me? No, no don't think like that they won't hate you.... but what if they do? No no, you'll do ok. You closed your eyes as you shifted the folder under your arm pit and rubbed your palms together.

Rub for good luck, rub for good thoughts, rub for good karma.” you whispered. You took another deep breath before fixing your folder. “Let's go.” you grabbed the door handle a pushed the door open.

 

The voices that were chatting with one another stopped as your heels clicked against the floor, every eye was on you. You were smiling at them as you reached the podium in front of the class.

“Hello students, I'll be your homeroom teacher, (Full Name), nice to meet you.” everyone in the class bowed in their seats in a small awe.

 

“Omo, she's gorgeous.” Yerin whispered as she stared at you.

“We got a foreigner as a teacher.” Maru whispered as he leaned back in his chair.

“Wow, she really cool, already.” Melina whispered as she placed her elbows on her desk.

“SeokMin ah.... she...”Mingyu whispered to his friend, SeokMin nodded back to him. EunHa flipped her hair as she peeked down at her phone with a small scowl. Yugyeum hummed as he crossed his arms, eyeing you up and down.

 

You opened up your folder and clicked the pen. One paper had the name list and another was a floor chart of the class room.

“I hope you like your seats, cause that's where you'll beat sitting this semester. These will be your assigned seating.” you said looking at the class, “I'll take role now, lift up your hand so I can mark you down, ok?”

“Yes sunbaenim.” the class said. You smiled, kicking the back of your shoe.“Ok let's start, Baek Yerin?” a girl sitting on the left side of the class raised her hand.

“Here.” she said. You smiled as you wrote her name on the left hand side of the paper.

“Ok, Choi Yuju?” you called out. Another hand from the left hand side called out, this time she was in the front row.

“Here.” she said. You smiled at her before writing her name down.

“Ok, Tia Jasmine Hwang Cuevas?” You were surprised by the name, at least you are not the only foreigner in the class room. Tia raised her hand.

“I'm here.” she said. You marked her name as well.

“Lee Jun Young?”

“Here!”

“Lee Maru?”

“Here!”

“Lee Melina?”

“Here! Maru ah, our names are together too!”

“Lee SeokMin?”

“Here!”

You smiled as you kept calling out names, little by little you were getting to know ever student in your class, even if it's just putting a name to a face. You happily marked eveyones name.

“Jeon JungKook?”

Silence.

You looked up to the class who where looking at each other or trying to find the student. You looked down at the name again. You were sure that you read the name right.

“Jeon JungKook? Jeon JungKook!? Is there a student named Jeon Jungkook here?” you asked looking at the class, now noticing a empty desk in the back of the class. EunHa pouted looking at her phone. Jun met eyes with you.

“Jeon JungKook has not shown up yet.” Jun spoke. You set your pen down.

“What student doesn’t show up for school?” pouted your lip as you clicked the pen, “Does anyone know where Jeon JungKook is-” before you could finish you sentence the door suddenly opened. Everyone in the class looked at the new figured in the door way. There stood a tall handsome boy, backpack hug lazily off one shoulder. His face was emotionless as he scanned the classroom.

“JungKook shi.” Jun said. You blinked looking at the kid. His uniform was worn loosely and one hand was in his pocket. He didn't seem bothered or nervous showing up to class almost five minutes late. You couldn't believe it honestly, as senior just causally walking in late.

“Jeon JungKook shi?' you asked, the cold eyes turned to you, shocking you. The kid, Jeon JungKook, shifted his eyes away.

“Yes.” he said. You clicked your pen.

“Student Jeon. You realize you are five minutes late to class, right?” Jeon JungKook didn't budge from his spot, actually he seemed annoyed. You stood up straighter as you placed a hand on your hip, “Student, you're not going to say anything?” Jungkook to let out a deep sigh.

“I got lost.” he said. You scoffed, like you haven’t used the excuse before. You clicked your pen again.

“Since it's the first day, I'll be generous with you today. There is a open seat in the back. Go sit down.” you said, voice stern. Jungkook looked at you before moving toward the open seat. You doubled clicked your pen before marking Jungkook name down So un cute you wrinkled your nose at his name before looking back up. EunHa had a huge smile on her face as she brought her hand up to her chin.

“Jagiya.” she cooed. JungKook stern face turned into annoyance once her saw her. He let out a sigh plopped down by the window hand holding up his chin as he stared out the window. You glanced back down at your attendance sheet. Jeon Jungkook, you'll remember That name.