Chapter 1:

Night hits

Motel accommodation is a win or lose situation for Do Kyungsoo, because first of all, he’s in the capital city of South Korea, the ever beautiful and modern Seoul, a city where established people settled, living their California dreams and perfect life. A city where money is the first thing you need, and without it, you’re just like a dirt flying away with the wind and no one cares about you, and that’s how Kyungsoo feels right now, because he feels like a dirt, a , helpless , and he doesn’t know what to do and where to sleep!

“ the capital city! Ugh I need money!” Kyungsoo dig his hands on his waist pocket, ready to sulk on one of the corner of the busy street.

Kyungsoo grips the paper on pocket and glued his eyes on the job advertisement he just saw earlier, and shakes his head, this is his last chance and he’s going to grab it no matter what, but first of all, “Where do I sleep?”

 

 

 

 

 

The god of luck maybe pities him a little, because of some sorts of little luck, he can finally let his body relaxed and rest, at least for now, never mind tomorrow, maybe he can still let his night pass in this Sauna house, if the owner lets him. He thought all Seoul natives were heartless s, but maybe an angel came by (the owner of the Sauna) and let him to stay for the night, reasoning the honest truth, and that is, he has no money and no place to stay the night. And lucky for him also, he found this Sauna house, at the very edge of the city, what a day.

Kyungsoo stares at the ceiling and sighs, munching his 3rd egg (already), seemingly in deep thought.

“I miss grandma…” he whispers to himself, closing his eyes and slowly drifting away from the cruel reality.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo can feel the prying eyes staring at him.

He doesn’t assume a lot, but he is very sure that the guy at the corner is staring at him intently, and from his peripheral view, he can see a tug of smirk plastered on the stranger. Kyungsoo finds it really creepy, who doesn’t? The stranger has been staring at him for almost a minute and there’s a saying that if someone is staring at you for more than 6 seconds, it’s either they want to you or to kill you. Kyungsoo chooses the second option.

A minute passed and he can’t really take the gaze towards him and he faces the stranger. Kyungsoo doesn’t deny the fact that the stranger is handsome. From his well built structure to his tanned skin, honey brown eyes and plump eyes, wow. Kyungsoo shook the thought and shoots a glare at the stranger at corner of the sauna.

“What you lookin’ at?” Kyungsoo shifts from his seat and folds his arm, pretending to be brave.

“You” The handsome stranger smirks.

Kyungsoo can’t help the fluster he felt when the stranger smirked at him again, he suddenly felt anxious at the moment and he can feel a blush forming on his cheeks (because from the heat in the sauna duh).

“W-why?” He stutters and Kyungsoo hates himself for being so obvious that he was nervous talking to the stranger.

The stranger stands up and walks towards Kyungsoo. He finds himself shifting backwards as the stranger’s figure walking in front of him.

“Hey… stay away” Kyungsoo weakly mumbles, gripping his towel around his neck.

But the stranger ignores the protest and he’s already facing Kyungsoo. The proximity is too close coming from a stranger that should be respecting the essence of public proximity.

“You got eggshells on your forehead ” The stranger reaches the crumbles of eggshells on Kyungsoo’s forehead and Kyungsoo can feel the prickle of heat on his face (due to annoyance).

Kyungsoo knows he’s been staring at the glorious stranger’s face for a couple of seconds now, while the stranger is removing crumbs gently and Kyungsoo can feel the hot breath on his forehead.

Realizing the dumb stare, Kyungsoo swats the hand on the stranger and pushing him away weakly.

“You should’ve said it right away” Kyungsoo protests while covering his flustered cheeks.

“Right” The stranger steps backward, still staring at Kyungsoo and he can’t decipher why the stranger has been staring at him even though there’s no more  crumbs of eggshells on his forehead.

“Stop staring at me”

“Why would I stare at you?” The stranger scoffs.

“I-I can feel your prying eyes at my direction” he defends himself.

“I’m staring at the poster not you eggboy” The stranger pointed at the poster plastered at the window pane behind Kyungsoo, he turns around and sees the chicken restaurant poster exactly behind him.

“Oh…” Kyungsoo mutters.

The stranger smirks at him once again and walks beside him, intently bumping his shoulders.

“Ow” Kyungsoo hisses, shooting deadly glares at the stranger.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the embarrassing encounter at the sauna house, Kyungsoo mindlessly strolls in the same area of the house; thoughts are too jumbled to be coherent. He’s supposed to have a job right now, but really the luck is not on his path right now and he doesn’t know what to do but his grandmother needs him for financial sustainment.

Kyungsoo suddenly stops from walking when he hears a clatter of noise from a shop nearby. The sound of utensils hitting the wall bugs Kyungsoo and he can’t help himself but to pry inside the coffee shop.

“Get out!” a shriek from the counter welcomes Kyungsoo as he enters the area. He can see the immense mess of utensils scattered around the floor and broken mugs and plates.

“Baek, please forgive me” a pleading deep voice echoes the shop. Kyungsoo’s not the type to interfere on other people’s business but the mess in front of him can’t erase the uneasiness on him.

“You tard! Get away from me you ert!” another shriek echoes.

“I just kissed you what’s wrong with that?!” the deep voice protests.

“That’s ual harassment!”

“You kissed be me back what’s the problem with that?! I thought you liked me?”

“I didn’t say that I like you head!”

“Bu-but”

“Get out!"

 

And a tall guy suddenly appears in front of Kyungsoo and he can see a gush of blood on his lips and his cheeks.

 

Wow this dude is a masochist.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo suddenly asks.

The tall dude bows his head, embarrassed at the commotion and his state right now, and a stranger is asking him if he’s okay, which is not apparently.

“Sir we’re not open yet, please come back later” he murmurs, brushing his hands on his neck.

“Uhm… I’m not buying anything” Kyungsoo states “but are you really okay?”

Tall dude looks at him with a teary eye, his hair is messy and eyes are puffy. “Not really”

Kyungsoo immediately walks forward towards the stranger and lays his hand on the tall guy’s bruise on his cheeks.

“Let me clean that” Kyungsoo volunteers, fetching the napkin on the table beside him.

It’s not that Kyungsoo is a saint, but he can’t just the helpless giant, seemingly heartbroken.

“N-no,” The giant shrugs and walks towards the door.

“I insist” Kyungsoo grabs the giant’s wrist.

“Thanks” The giant mumbles “But not here, he’s angry at me” he points at the counter.

Kyungsoo turns back and he can see the deadly stare of the petite man on the counter, gripping a pan.

“Okay” Kyungsoo nervously smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo learns that the name of this giant is Chanyeol and apparently he’s working at the coffee shop as a barista and the scary petite dude’s name is Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s boss. Chanyeol said that Baekhyun is a a good and nice employer, so he doesn’t understand the commotion earlier nor his boss’ reaction upon the kiss.

They are currently at Chanyeol’s apartment, fortunately near at the coffees shop’s area, because the giant insists that he doesn’t want to go to the hospital (because of the cut on his palms).

 

“So, you kissed him because you liked him?” Kyungsoo asks while cleaning the bruise on Chanyeol’s cheeks.

“Obviously, he kissed me back though, that’s why I don’t understand why he slapped me with a pan” He touches his bruise, hissing in pain.

“Don’t touch it” Kyungsoo removes the giant’s hands on his cheeks.

“Sorry”

“But he said that you harassed him” Kyungsoo says. He’s already placing a band aid on Chanyeol’s cheeks.

“I did not!” Chanyeol shrieks, gaining a gush of blood on his lips “Ow”

“Stop biting your lips!” Kyungsoo mocks.

“Sorry again”

“Stop apologizing to me, you should apologize to your boss” Kyungsoo suggests, currently cleaning the wound on Chanyeol’s palm

“I know, but I don’t know how” Chanyeol mumbles, staring at his wounded palm.

“I don’t either, I’m just here to clean your wound that’s all” Kyungsoo says, after all he doesn’t really intend to interfere at the first place.

“Sorry again” Chanyeol mumbles and Kyungsoo glares at him “and thank you” he weakly smiles.

“Don’t mention it” Kyungsoo smiles.

 

 

An hour passed and Kyungsoo already finished cleaning Chanyeol’s wounds, earning a heartwarming smile from the latter. He’s about to leave the apartment when Chanyeol invites him to eat, as a thank you token but Kyungsoo refuses because he needs to find a job as soon as possible at this early morning.

“Thank you again Kyungsoo, and nice meeting you” Chanyeol offers Kyungsoo a grin and a handshake.

“No problem Chanyeol-ssi, please take care and apologize to your boss huh” Kyungsoo returns the smile while shaking Chanyeol’s enormous hands.

“Contact me if you ever need something, I don’t want to feel burden” Chanyeol obliges.

“No no it’s okay” Kyungsoo insists.

 

Chanyeol offers him again to accompany him until outside but he refuses again and Chanyeol asks where he stays and Kyungsoo only gives him a small smile because heck, he doesn’t know where to stay yet and nothing seems to offer an affordable accommodation that he can manage.

Passing through the small lobby, he saw a flyer plastered on the wall and Kyungsoo retreats back as he reads what’s on the piece of paper.

 

WANTED: APARTMENT HOUSEMATE

CONTACT: Mr. Park- 4421-786

 

He immediately stumbles on the living room again, finding Chanyeol watching TV. The latter sees Kyungsoo clutching a familiar flyer.

“Oh Kyungsoo? Need something?” Chanyeol grins.

Kyungsoo can’t form a word of what he wants to say, probably he’s too excited and nervous at the same time because maybe finally the luck is on his side.

“Are you still finding a roommate?!” Kyungsoo nervously shrieks, showing the crumpled flyer.

Chanyeol raises his eyebrow, only to find out that that was the flyer plastered on his wall, and yes he still needs a roommate.

“Yes!” He exclaims while reaching out to hold Kyungsoo arms, the excitement on his face is obvious because he’ll have a roommate finally that can help him to pay the rent (plus to lessen the boredom living alone).

“Can I still-” before Kyungsoo can finish of what he’s supposed to say Chanyeol placed his fingers on Kyungsoo lips.

“Of course you can!” The giant hugs Kyungsoo out of nowhere and he doesn’t know what to react because again, it is a violation of a public proximity (but to think of it, he’s on Chanyeol’s apartment).

“Uhm… Chanyeol-ssi, I can’t breathe” Kyungsoo mumbles.

Chanyeol immediately retreats back and nervously smiles at the short dude infront of him “Sorry Kyungsoo”

“No it’s okay” Kyungsoo assures while fidgeting his fingers “So it’s settled?”

“Wha-” Chanyeol’s sudden confusion makes Kyungsoo nervous “Oh, yeah of course, but we need to talk about it”

“Sure”