welcome to exo resort

Summertime Madness

Luhan breathed in the fresh sea air and sighed with content.  He walked down the pier, taking in the view of the beach. 

This is gonna be perfect, he told himself. 

Strolling by were two other guys who appeared to look just as happy as him. They made remarks like, "Ooh" and "Ah", completely fascinated by their new workplace. The tall guy took notice of Luhan's presence and waved, running towards him with the shorter guy lagging behind. 

"Hey," he cheerily greeted. "My name's Chanyeol. This is Kyungsoo." The shorter one just smiled in silence. Okay.

Luhan nodded politely. "Yo, I'm Luhan, the new bellhop or whatever."

Chanyeol's face brightened. "That's so cool! I'm the new doorman and Kyungsoo," he pointed to his companion, "Is the new waiter." 

Kyungsoo scrunched his face. "I applied to be a chef but apparently I can't do that," he paused, glaring at a random seagull. "Because it's only a summer job." 

, Luhan thought, patting his new friend on the shoulder apologetically. Poor guy. It was bad enough he had to live with those eyebrows.

Unlike Kyungsoo, Luhan would enjoy his job. I mean, a whole summer next to the beach where he could surf? He was all in. Besides, staying home would mean playing checkers with his grandma. Or worse, taking his grandpa to one of his bingo tournaments and watch old people scream numbers and letters at each other. He shuddered, trying his best to shake the thought off. 

"So are we supposed to be waiting for some kind of bus?" Chanyeol asked, breaking the silence. As if on cue, a tour bus pulled up, stopping abruptly. It looked ing lame.

The bus door swung open and a young guy came into view, waving at them. His name tag read Yixing. "Yo fellas, ready for a ride?" He noticed their revolted expressions and laughed, waving his hands. "Yeah, I get it. It looks cheesy. But hey, at least it moves us from point A to point B." 

Chanyeol shrugged and they all got on the bus to take a seat, peering out the windows. It was morning and the weather was just right. Chanyeol couldn't stop fidgeting with excitement while Kyungsoo sat in silence, as usual. Luhan pulled out his phone and snapped photos, waiting to gloat to his friends back home how awesome his new job was. He could picture their faces, half frozen and defeated. Oh the glory, the sweet, sweet, glory.

The tour bus driver hummed cheerfully as he started the engine, closing the door on someone who was trying to get on. Kyungsoo's already huge eyes widened, and he looked back as the bus moved farther and farther away from the pleading victim. He turned to face the psycho driver.

"Aren't you forgetting someone?"

"Hm?" The bus driver paused to think for a second, then shook his head nonchalantly. "Nah." 

--

The resort was more extravagant than Luhan imagined it to be.  He scanned the lobby thoughtfully. In the middle, there was a big fish tank with a live shark swimming around. How cool. On one side, there was a tacky gift shop. It was nice, to say the least.

 He walked up to the counter while Kyungsoo plopped himself onto the lobby couch, only to be greeted by a nerve wracked worker who was biting his nails (gross) in anxiety. The receptionist looked up in surprise and tried (unsuccessfully) to recompose himself.

"Hello! Welcome to EXO Resort. How may I help you?" Luhan inspected the worker; If it weren't for his lack of confidence and ugly outfit, the receptionist would've been good looking enough to try modeling. 

"Actually, we're new workers here," Chanyeol cut in. "But we're not sure where to go." 

Before the receptionist could give directions, an extremely tall man (with bushy eyebrows, sheesh, why does everyone have crazy eyebrows?)  interrupted with much enthusiasm. His deep voice boomed as he spoke. "Why hello there and welcome to EXO Resort. I'm Kris, day manager," He taps on his name tag proudly. "Is there anything I can do to make your stay a pleasurable one?" He flashed a smile at the group. 

Still smiling, the nervous worker tapped the manager on the shoulder, whispering. " Um, sir, these are the new employees."

 Kris' smile fell flat. "Oh. In that case, hey, you, get off the couch or I'm kicking your back home." Kyungsoo shot him a deadly look but nonetheless followed order, grumbling in the process. Kris clapped his hands and waited for the three pairs of eyes to look at him before continuing. "Slacking is off limits. Off limits, ya hear?"

"Off limits" The employee behind him repeated. 

"Not you, Suho." 

Ah, so the receptionist was Suho. Luhan made a mental note to call Suho "Suho front desk guy". Why? Because it had a nice ring to it. And because he was annoying like that. 

"Anyway, let Suho here give you keys to the staff house. Change and report back immediately." And with that, the manager left to up to new guests.

--

Luhan and the others approached the doorsteps of their temporary home, which, in all honestly, looked like . Smelled like it, too. Kyungsoo crinkled his nose (a habit) at the stench. Chanyeol knocked on the musty door that opened in a matter of seconds. 

A familiar face popped out and the tour bus driver stood, grinning from ear to ear. "Nice to see ya again," He gestured for them to come in. "Now let's get you lads familiar with your surroundings, shall we?"

"My name's Yixing if you didn't know and I'm obviously the tour bus driver," He chattered, guiding them to what looked like a shabby living room. Two poop colored couches and a TV set that was as old as his grandparents. Luhan winced. 

Yixing pointed at the three guys around the room, introducing them rapidly.

"That's Minseok- he's a surf instructor. Jongdae's a lifeguard and next to him is Tao, the maid." Snickers erupted and Tao groaned, burying his face into his hands while muffling housekeeper. Minseok waved and Jongdae threw up a peace sign.  

Chanyeol greeted himself as the new doorman, Kyungsoo warily labeled himself as the waiter, (Jongdae swore the dining room supervisor forced the employees to eat customer leftovers, causing Kyungsoo to grimace) and Luhan said he was the bellhop.

They exchanged friendly words and got their three new coworkers settled in. Jongdae, Yixing and Minseok roomed together, Suho and Tao shared a room and the three newbies were to be together. 

The room isn't too bad, Luhan assured himself while stepping into his new room. He threw his bag onto the bed and a cloud of dust emerged, causing him to cough. Kyungsoo stared disgustingly at the crawling roaches, then stared at the dust.

"At least we have a personal bathroom. That's cool,"  He mused.

A piercing scream from the bathroom crushed their hopes and dreams. "Rats, there's ing rats!" 

"Or maybe not." Kyungsoo frowned.

Luhan slapped his forehead and groaned, a feeling of dread creeping up on him.

This is gonna be perfect, he reassured himself. I hope. 


A/N: I apologize for the lameness that is this chapter but I promise it'll get better once the characters are introduced and everything's settled in! Hopefully. n_n

Until next time, admin out. (THAT'S SO STUPID IDK WHY I DID "ADMIN OUT" HAHAHA OK BYE)