Kiss Me Deadly

Bury the Love

All good does not last forever.

All good comes with a price.

Their consequences began a rainy day, the same weather they shared every little laugh, every warm embrace. Without a target to let out their inner turmoil, without a reasonable blame, the fault fell on each other.

Neither of them wanted to admit it.

 

“It’s all because of you! It’s because of you, you stupid , that he can’t do what he loves anymore!”

“I wasn’t even there! How could I have known that some drunk bastard would crash into him?! How could I even have known that he had feelings for me?! Did you?!” Jinseo hissed, forcefully throwing the couch pillow at him. Sehun effortlessly batted the object away, intense glare focused on her.

While Kai was most likely staring blankly out the window of his hospital room, the two constantly engaged themselves in a push and pull fight of guilt. He had a vague idea of what was going on, but he dared not insert his opinion; he was more than positive he caused the slow breaking of the once tightly bonded couple.

Just before his flight to the States for his dancing career, he gathered the courage to tell Jinseo and his best friend what he really felt. The envious emotions when he hung out with them. One phrase, one little ‘I’m sorry’ escaping breathlessly from Jinseo’s mouth, and everything crashed.

“At least I wasn’t the one that heartlessly chased him away!”

Jinseo shrieked, letting an agonized yell rip through , “Chased him away?! I didn’t do anything remotely close to that! What, did you expect me to return his feelings?! Me?! Your fiancée?!”

Sehun angrily roared, shoving everything left on the dinner table off. The loud shattering of porcelain, harsh banging of the steel utensils gave way to the visible cringing in Jinseo’s expression. She choked out a small sob, crouching down with her slender hands over her ears as she cried out in anguish, “It wasn’t my fault, it wasn’t me…I didn’t do it! I didn’t—I didn’t mean to…”

Tossing one last hateful glower at the cowering girl, he exited their apartment leaving only the ringing slam of the front door.

 

When Sehun had gotten back, nearly three in the morning and deeply intoxicated, he was shocked to find the apartment clean and tidy. Not a trace of their previous battles were left, only what seemed to be a beautiful home. It appeared that way, but he knew the affection that once filled the space was missing.

Empty.

The only thing out of place in the pristine living room was Jinseo, a shaking and whimpering mess on the couch. She twitched, stirring in her nightmare as Sehun clumsily made his way to her side.

He wanted to apologize, to say sorry for pinning the incident on her, for crumbling her last wisps of sanity, for destroying what little self-confidence she had. He wanted to hold her hand and tell her they’d get through it together, like they always had. Yet the words that spilled out of his lips were anything but reassurance of their relationship.

“Get up,” Sehun nearly smacked himself for sounding so cold, when he’d only wanted her to sleep on their bed more comfortably.

Jinseo frowned, eyebrows furrowing as she slowly tried to open her eyes and adjust to the darkness of the room. The thunder boomed outside, reducing her to nothing once again. Snapping out of her frightened trace, she bolted to check on the male standing above her, “Are you…are you hurt?”

Instead of answering her concerned questions, he merely shoved her hands off. His heart squeezed at her worry even after all he’d said to her, unable to control his actions. Sehun scowled, pushing her shoulders so she crashed painfully on the wall, “Why do you care? Who are you to ask me that anymore?!”

The woman winced, but said nothing. Not when he pressed up against her, the thick scent of alcohol wafting from his entire being. Not when he whispered dark threats in her ear, the ones she knew were empty but would hurt her nonetheless that he’d even think of it. Not when Sehun sneered superiorly, digging his nails into her hips. The rough kiss he forced upon her was meaningless; void of care, void of feeling, void of warmth.

When Jinseo finally gathered her breath, pushing away his loveless touch, she shakily spoke, “Let’s stop this,”

Sehun stopped, abyssal eyes searching her face to fill in the gaps of the words. Seconds later, he laughed, “Can you get away from me now? Are you sure about that?” he cruelly snickered, tightening his grip on her until she finally released a gasp, closing her eyes tightly in hopes of dulling the pain, “Don’t,” she croaked, “this isn’t you,”

“We’re not us anymore either, are we?”

We’re not, Jinseo opened her eyes that, like him, lacked emotions, we’re strangers now. I don’t know you anymore.

Lacking the strength to push him off, she soundlessly allowed him to have his way.\

 

He woke up to soft sobbing and heavy breathing, finding Jinseo on the other side of the bed; most likely having another nightmare about the incident. It was something she could never have controlled yet was still blamed for, keeping her up night after night. When the pounding sensation hit his head and the events of last night rushed back to him, Sehun cursed himself.

After grabbing a glass of water and some painkillers, he wandered back to their bedroom and stared blatantly at the broken woman before him. His gaze softened when he found large, fresh cuts mutilating her fingertips. She probably spent the night picking up after the mess he made, which was why it was so clean when he got back.

Her, the carefree pianist, his angelic musician had injured her precious fingers because of him.

Sehun frowned, softly pulling the duvet back to be greeted by multiple cuts and bruises littering her porcelain body. Jinseo curled into a tighter ball when the cold air hit her, shivering.

It was then his mind finally wondered why they, of all people, were pitying themselves when Jongin was likely in the most pain. Why there were creating a bigger mess out of the situation at hand. They were supposed to fight together, not one another.

Her eyes fluttered several times before Jinseo woke, watching Sehun as he stared sadly at her. She flinched, briefly catching a glimpse of the old, worrywart Sehun.

“Take a shower,” he whispered softly. He lightly rubbed his thumb over her fingers before releasing her hand, placing a kiss on her forehead, “I’m sorry,”

He left the room to give her some privacy, figuring that she would need it after all he’d done. He didn’t want to pressure her any further; he didn’t want her to have to succumb to his suffocating presence. The man desperately wanted to reach out to her, hold her in his arms and apologize over and over, kiss her pain away and earn her trust again. Hell, he’d start their relationship over if it was what she wanted.

Yet, Sehun knew, that things would never return to the way it used to be. It was too far from his reach, and he was too far from her. Jinseo admitted the hurtful truth, just last night.

They’d become strangers.