Kiss Me Lovely

Bury the Love

In the beginning, it was magnificent.

Just like any other romance drama, all they saw in their road together was a fuzzy joyousness. All they saw in their future together was a happily ever after.

In the beginning, perhaps that was true.

 

“Well if it isn’t Mrs. Oh,” Baekhyun grinned cheekily, nudging Chanyeol sharply in the ribs as a slender girl approached their table. The café had been bustling with customers mere minutes ago, sheltering from the pouring rain. Luckily for the group that had always hung out in the usually isolated café, the sky quickly cleared up and remained only a light drizzle so that everyone finally left them in peace.

Jinseo rolled her eyes, smiling softly, “It’s still Ms. Han to you, Jongin,”

Kai stared at her blankly, eyes wide and humorous, “What’s the difference? It’s going to happen anyways.”

“Whatever, demon child,” Jinseo pouted, “Just wait until you get a girlfriend. I’ll torture the hell out of you, I swear.” That very moment, the bell of the café door rang softly and signified the presence of another person. Suho chuckled, turning to meet the unimpressed brown orbs of Sehun.

“Nothing that comes out of Kai’s mouth is ever useful, so we learned how to block him out whenever he talks,” a miniscule smirk curled his lips as his gaze shifted to the chuckling woman, “You don’t have to pretend he matters, he can deal with it,”

Said male scowled, raising a fist menacingly, “Yah maknae! You dare disrespect me?!”

Baekhyun patted Kai comfortingly on the shoulder, tossing him an assuring yet mischievous smile, “In all fairness to Sehun, it’s pretty much true that you don’t say anything useful.”

“I see how it is,” the male sulked, crossing his arms.

The group laughed heartily, their warmth oblivious to the dull rainy day.

 

“Hurry! You’re going to get sick!”

Jinseo yelped, instinctively grabbing Sehun’s hand as they sprinted in the direction of her apartment. He blinked, clueless, but allowed himself to be pulled into the protection of the cozy complex.

Once they were inside, the woman finally released his hand but his strong grip pulled her back. She watched him curiously, a slight smile adorning her gentle features, “What is it? You should get dried first, unless you want to be stuck in bed all day drinking chicken soup,”

“Is that supposed to be a bad thing?” Sehun inquired, reflecting her grin, “If I do get ill, you’ll have to take care of me,”

She clicked her tongue, amusement clear in her eyes. Shaking her head, she pulled him in the direction of her room and tossed a towel at his head, “We both have a job to attend to, honey. Why would you want to be sick anyway? It just doesn’t make sense in any dimension.”

“Well because if I’m sick, we both get off work,” the male confidently replied.

Jinseo quickly exchanged her jacket for an oversized, tan knitted sweater. She raised a brow, taking the towel from his unmoving grasp and drying his wet hair herself, “How so?” she ruffled his hair, running her hand through the damp tresses to straighten it out.

Sehun seemed to toss her an ‘it’s so obvious’ look, because the next moment he cockily answered, “You won’t be able to leave me alone if I don’t feel well, duhhh.”

“Aigoo, this brat,” Jinseo flicked his forehead, “Come on, let’s get some tea.”

“Ne, ommaaaa,” he caught up effortlessly, resting his chin on her shoulder and wrapping his arms around her waist as they waddled to the kitchen. Jinseo snorted at the cheesiness of his actions, smiling brightly nonetheless.“Just what am I going to do with this giant baby?”

Chastely pecking her lips, he replied cheekily.

“Love meeeee.”