One More Time

Let Her In

 

She never really caught herself in that dilemma before.

 

Being what she is Taeyeon saw many youngsters and even elders gave up on life. For whatever reason, they just thought it would be better to end their torment. She didn't judge them, though, actually she totally understood. She probably would do the same if she could.

 

Yet there were many suicidals who changed their minds and decided to go on living. Human Tiffany Hwang was not the first and certainly would not be the last.

 

However, she was the first human Taeyeon cared to save.

 

And by doing that, she has done the most terrible thing a creature like her could do: show its existence.

 

She deliberately took the risk to be unveiled.

 

In a way, it was easy to make everything right. The human was there, asleep, with her neck dangerously close to Taeyeon's face. All she had to do was...well, do her job; Turn her face slightly towards it and stick her teeth into it.

 

In the other hand, by doing that, she only had two options. Kill the human or erase her memory of what just happened. However, saving that girl from that creature only to kill seconds later wouldn't make sense at all. There was no way Taeyon would kill the human, not when the girl was so convicted to live, even if she realized that for that last minute.

 

The second option was somehow safe enough, however, as tempting as that was, it also would take a significant part of the human's identity away: the last and ultimate will to live.

 

That was important. That realization was crucial to the girl's character. And taking that away would be disrespectful. Moreover, it would be worthless. If she blurred Tiffany's memory, the girl wouldn't even remember she chosed to live so the talk they had a couple of hours ago which made the girl changed her mind it would have been pointless.

 

In Taeyeon's mind there was no other option than to let the girl live with her memories untouched. Even if it was dangerous, it was her only resort really. All she had to do was not meet or talk to Tiffany again and everything would be alright as always it's been. The human would be confused as hell about everything but it was better than taking her life away.

 

That wasn't the only problem though.

 

Taeyeon had no idea where the human lived and she couldn't leave the girl there in the dark, on the middle of the road, all alone while sleeping. She either had to take the woman to her own house or take her back to the building where both of them have met before. Taeyeon wasn't fancy of the first idea. Though she lived alone, her sire sometimes liked to visit her and if her sire saw the human, Taeyeon would be in huge trouble. Also Tiffany seing her house would make the girl be scared as hell. So she decided to carry Tiffany back to the building they first met. It wouldn't take long. Being what she is, Taeyeon had triple the strength and speed of an average human. It was one of the reasons why she could save Tiffany at the last moment.

 

Though embarassing, it would be quickier to carry her piggyback style. So, Taeyeon took Tiffany's long coat out, lifted the girl up and placed her arms around her neck. She then tied the coat's sleeves around their waist trying to keep Tiffany tighter in place, and using both her arms she finally holded Tiffany by her outher thighs. After feeling her body get used to the human's weight, Taeyeon quickly ran back to the spot they met for the first time.

 

* * *

 

Tiffany felt the sunrays disturb her sleep. Her eyes were shut but it was difficult to let them like so as the sky was shining brightly that morning. Eventually, she gave up trying sleeping and opened her eyes, yawning and stretching her arms. By doing it so, the blanket which was keeping her a bit warm moved lower and exposed her body to the cold weather of the morning. She then felt her back ache as her muscles were sore for some reason. Still dazed by her slumber, she took a couple of seconds to realize where she actually was.

 

Her eyes quickly widened as she recognized the building she was at. There, laying down flat with her back against the roof of the building; the same roof where, the night before, she was standing on the edge of it determined to end her life. “What the heck...?” How come she got there was mystery to her. She remember clear as crystal going back home... till something happened along the way... The thing. The unearthling creature she had witnessed rushed back to her mind and her body shivered remembering what happened. She almost died. She could have been killed. Actually she was about to be killed when Taeyeon saved her.

 

“Taeyeon...” She softly murmured a bit surprised as the the image of the short pale girl wearing all black appeared in her memories as well. Was it her? Was her the one who had brought Tiffany back to that building? Probably yes. It was the only explanation. Taeyeon didn't know where Tiffany lived and she probably thought it was safer to bring her back to that place. Though Tiffany understood why, she couldn't stop feeling a bit anxious and even angry about it. It felt like she was just dumped there. Like a piece of junk, Taeyeon just left her there and went home without any sort of consideration. Tiffany stood up from the spot she was and curled her toes as her bare feet touched the cold floor. “Taeyeon?” She called hoping the girl would somehow be there but no reply was heard. Her eyes fell to the blanket on the floor. It was thick and black, with the lower behalf part competely red and two white circles above it. Tiffany quickly reckognized as a Mickey Mouse pattern. It was a Mickey Mouse blanket. She chuckled as the blanket was some sort childish. Was it Taeyeon's?

 

“Taeyeon? Kim Taeyeon...?” She called hopeful again but the silence following it made her realize she all alone. A single tear rolled down for her eye.

 

She didn't want to be alone. Not anymore.

 

She was anxious and scared.

 

She knew it should be time to go back home but how come she would go back home when more of that creatures could go after her? What if Taeyeon doesn't show up to save her from that monster?What she is supposed to do? Moreover, Tiffany wanted to understand what the hell was that creature. She never saw it before nor never dreamed of it. Not even in her worst nightmare such creature would appear. Yet somehow, that didn't scare Taeyeon away. Somehow, Taeyeon even managed to kill the creature. Tiffany really didn't see how as her eyes were closed at the occasion. All she remembers is hearing a loud crack and when she opened her eyes the creature's head was twisted backwards, completely imobile.

 

She also remembers how she saw herself so close to death and actually realized she really wanted to live. There was something about it that pushed her forward. She didn't know if it was the encounter with the creature or the talk she had with Taeyeon hours before, but she really had changed her mind and she was willing to trying living better now.

 

''When you get to be alive..even for a day...you can go in a taxi, and have ice cream...or a bagel!''

 

A warm smile was seen on Tiffany's face. Yeah, she totally should take a cab and have a bagel.

 

Only then she realized her phone was missing. Not only her phone but her bag as well. “No, no no...” She started shaking her head feeling even more annoyed and concerned. She didn't really care about her phone but her wallet and documents missing would be a huge headache for her.

 

She thought was better leave that place for once and go home. She was already late for school so missing it for the whole day was an option she was considering badly. In addition, she wouldn't be able to pay attention in class. So, having no other option than actually go back home on foot, she took the blanket with her and finally started walking back home.

 

When passing through the same spot she had the encounter with the creature, Tiffany gulped scared. It was morning so it wasn't so creepy as night but the rememberance of it made her feel anxious and frigthned again. She used the blanket to cover her back as if it were some sort of cloak that could protect her somehow.

 

Everything was normal. Not a single hint of what happened last night was seen. The creature had already gone, though how Tiffany would probably never know. Shaking her head again, trying to disperse her thoughts about the darkness' creature, Tiffany walked as fast as she could to the train station.

 

* * *

 

“Taeyeon?” She was back at the place again. “Kim Taeyeon!!?” She called her again.

 

It was night, precisely at 11:30pm and that was the time Tiffany met Taeyeon the day before. Tiffany thought the woman would follow a schedule as she stated she was always around. Yet, till that point, Tiffany never saw the girl again. “Kim Taeyeon, are you here?? I need to talk to you.” She called again, this time louder. There wasn't any suicidal that day so she could yell a bit without frighten somebody else. After minutes of completely silence, Tiffany exhaled sadly. “Please, show up.” She murmured to herself.

 

Maybe the girl was late. Maybe she had other things to do.

 

She still had the blanket with her, so covering herself with it, Tiffany sat on the floor and waited for Taeyeon. “Okay, maybe I should wait a bit. 20 minutes or so.” She talked to herself.

 

She waited for a hour and a half and still no sign of the girl. Giving up, she stood up and went back home. She was feeling sad that she couldn't talk to Taeyeon again after what happened. She just wanted to talk to her about it for a while. “Maybe today she had something else to do.” She conforted herself.

 

The next day, Tiffany did the same thing. She went to the old tall building at 11:30pm and waited for Taeyeon to show up. “Please...Please...Please...show up.” She started praying for it. She dragged her legs close to her chest and hugged them after waiting for more than an hour. “Please...” A single tear rolled down from the corner of her eyes. “Don't leave me....Don't leave me alone.” That day Tiffany waited for more than two hours but she ended up all alone once again.

 

Days passed by like this and for every single one of them, Tiffany went to that building waiting for her. She tried go earlier than 11:30pm and even later than that but each day was the same result. No one appeared. Not even a freaking suicidal.

 

“KIM TAEYEON?!!” She shouted one of those nights. She looked up and her eyes spyed the full moon shining silver in the dusky sky. “Where are you?” Her voice was a whisper again. “Please, just...talk to me.” And another tear came out from her eyes. Her tears wet the blanket and Tiffany swept it away, feeling the fabric under her fingers. It was strange for her, but she actually felt protected by it. She didn't know exactly why but in the end of day having that Mickey Mouse blanket with her was what made her sleep without many worries. It's what made her walk across the streets of Seoul at night feeling safer than ever. As if the blanket were Taeyeon herself, she started talking again. “You saved me that day...Twice.” Tiffany was aware Taeyeon was who changed her mind about dying. Taeyeon didn't only saved Tiffany from the creature that day but also from herself. “I just want to... thank you.”

 

From that point, Tiffany didn't want to talk to Taeyeon about that event anymore, she only wanted to see her. She only wanted to say thank you personally and look at the girl's face one more time. But again, no answer or sight of the girl.

 

“You said you were always around...but you're not.” She cried out. She stopped being sad about it and started to feel angry. “You lied to me...You...left me in this ing place all alone. Couldn't you have the decency to at least wait for me to wake up? HUH?” She cried louder. “WAS ALL YOU COULD DO REALLY LEAVE ME WITH A STUPID BLANKET? YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO ME, KIM TAEYEON! YOU CAN'T... You can't give me hope and then go away.” Her voice cracked as she started to feel pain again. “You can't give me hope and then leave me alone... I don't want to be alone.” She sniffed, holding the blanket tighter. “Please, don't leave me alone.” She stood there for a while, crying in silent as her only wish was to see Taeyeon one more time.

 

“You're not alone.” Tiffany heard a voice and she lifted her head with her eyes widened in suprise when the short pale girl she had waited for all those nights was finally there, right in front of her. “Hello again, Tiffany Hwang.” Tiffany didn't speak as she was still a bit in shock. The girl bowed to her and Tiffany spied her pink bag between her hands. “And I brought your belongings. Well, except for the shoes. I forgot about them. I'm sorry.”

 

Tiffany gnawed her teeth and feeling a mixture of angst, relief and joy, she rushed to hug Taeyeon leaving the short woman startled. She barely remembers the last time someone hugged her like that.

 

“God, I'm so happy you're here. I was so worried... I thought I would never see you again.”

 

She wasn't supposed to be there to be honest. She was supposed to leave the girl all alone. And so was Tiffany Hwang. The human was supposed to move on with her life but for some reason Taeyeon didn't know, the girl kept coming back to that building every night. She found it weird. All the humans she had seen giving up death never really returned to that place; they all had moved on and started living their lives as best as they could. Taeyeon was kinda hoping Tiffany would do the same. But no. That girl always was coming back, waiting for her. Taeyeon wasn't there all those nights but for the most of them, she saw the human calling her name and even waiting hours for her. Taeyeon ignored all those calls because it was safer that way. It was the right thing to do. She kinda hoped that eventually the girl would stop coming, but that never really happened. For weeks straight, every night, Tiffany Hwang was there in the same spot, waiting for Taeyeon.

 

Maybe one last talk is what she needed to finally go away.

 

And that was what made Taeyeon finally show up to the human one more time. One last time.

 

She just needed to say goodbye.

 

Feeling a bit uncomfortable with the closeness between them, Taeyeon stepped back breaking the embrance. “I'm sorry I didn't show up before, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“Where have you been?” Tiffany wiped the tears out of her face, glad that she finally could meet Taeyeon again.

 

“Out.”

 

“I was waiting for you. I wanted to see you and talk to you.” Taeyeon looked away and twisted her lips. Tiffany noticed she was apprehensive.

 

“What? What's wrong?”

 

“I don't think we should talk.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“I must go now.” She stepped backwards again and turned her back to Tiffany but before she could start walking, the human holded her right hand.

 

Tiffany clenched her teeth at feeling of her icy cold hands but she still kept it held. “You've just arrived.”

 

“I just came to give your belingings back. I need to go now.”

 

“Why?”

 

“We are not friends, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

Tiffany moved her eyes towards the floor feeling hurt by what the girl said. “We're not friends...yet. We can be. You helped me that day. You saved my life. Is it so bad to be friends with a suicidal?”

 

Taeyeon held her head low. She couldn't have any friends.

 

“Yes, it's that bad.”

 

“You're lying.” Tiffany didn't understand why the woman was making a fuss about that. How was bad to be friends with her? Why is she pushing Tiffany away when she was the first to talk to her? “Why can't we be friends?”

 

“It's complicated.”

 

“You saved my life.”

 

“I'm glad you are alive, Tiffany Hwang. But I don't want to get involved.”

 

“So you just go away?” She asked skeptically. “You think everything would be... normal again?”

 

“I was hoping so.”

 

“Please...don't go.” Tiffany sqeezed Taeyeon's hand. “Please stay. Stay with me. Just this time.”

 

Taeyeon remained still. She felt Tiffany let go of her hand and turned her face to the human, noticing her eyes swollen red from crying. How humans were able to cry so easily was a mistery to her. They used to cried when they were sad, angry, happy, scared...It was quite pathetic. Yet at the same time it's one of the things Taeyeon liked about them. She wished she could cry out of silly things. She wished she could show how happy she was by bursting out crying. She doesn't really remember ever crying from joy before. Tears of joy was humanly human. Taeyeon envied them.

 

“Just this time.” And then goodbye.

 

Tiffany smiled as wide as she could and by doing it so her eyesmile appeared. Taeyeon blinked a couple of times while staring at them. She found incredible how humans always were able to fascinate her. From tears of joy to eyesmiles, Taeyeon just wanted to have the same.

 

“You should do that more often.” Taeyeon ended up saying.

 

“I would... if I often had reasons for it.” The tone of her voice gave away the sadness and loneliness Tiffany was feeling. She looked down and using the blanket, she covered herself from the cold. “My school is hell right now. There's this group of girls who always keep bullying me.”

 

“What's that?” She asked curiously.

 

“What's what?”

 

“Bullying... what does it mean?”

 

Tiffany frowned her eyebrows a little. “It's huh....When a person always looks down on you and humiliated you. Sometimes they are very abusive and they even can hurt you physically.”

 

“They hurt you?”

 

“So far they never really inflicted me pain pshysically but it hurts the same way.”

 

“Why don't you hurt them back?” She asked innocently. Tiffany widend her eyes in shock.

 

“Are you crazy? It makes worse! There are four of them and they are like the queens of the school, No one ever messes with them.”

 

“But they mess with everyone else?”

 

“They are rich and powerful. They can do whatever they want.”

 

“I don't like this kind of people.” Taeyeon remarked and Tiffany smiled feeling comforted. “You aren't bullied at school?” She asked finding weird that Taeyeon didn't know what bullying was.

 

“I don't go to school.” Taeyeon replied calmly.

“Isn't that kinda illegal? I mean, in America you can be homeschooled but I think that here in Korea you don't have this option... school is mandatory.”

 

“I don't have the age to go to school anymore.”

 

“Oh, you've graduated already? Ow, you're so lucky. I wish for my graduation day. I can't put up with my school.”

 

“When does it end?”

 

“Next year only.”

 

“I wish you can do well.” She gently said and Tiffany smiled.

 

“Thanks, Taeyeon. Oh, and by the way, your blanket is not stupid. It's nice. And cute.” She added when she realized she had that piece of cloth with her all that time.

 

“You can keep it.” Tiffany blinked surprised.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I don't really need it.”

 

“You don't need to act tough, you know. You babble this nonsense about not feeling cold but you're cold as hell. You need to have warm clothes with you or you will get sick.”

 

“I won't get sick.”

 

“This is what we usually say, and then just to prove us wrong, we get extremely sick to the point we can't even get up from the bed.”

 

“I won't get sick.” She repeated sure of herself. “You can keep it, I don't really mind.”

 

“Thank you.” Tiffany bowed in gratitude. She was glad Taeyeon was finally there with her. She was feeling that maybe Taeyeon was avoiding her and that scared her a bit. She was all alone in that freaking country and Kim Taeyeon was the first and only person to care about her. Well, she cared enough to even save her life. And to think that Taeyeon was avoiding her or that she would never see her again was leaving her desolated. Though Taeyeon had said they weren't friends, Tiffany couldn't stop feeling like wanting to be friends with her.

 

Taeyeon walked till the edge of the roof, immerse in her own thoughts. Tiffany followed the steps of the girl, stoping behind her. “Why are you following me?”

 

Tiffany looked down, gulping hard. “I don't want you to go away.” Taeyeon widened her eyes surprised when Tiffany used the blanket to cover both of them and rest her head on her shoulder. Taeyeon knew that if she wasn't what she was, that closeness of their bodies would make her feel warm. Now, even with Tiffany so close to her and herself enrolled in that thick Mickey Mouse blanket, she couldn't feel warm whatsoever.

 

“I won't.” Taeyeon replied firmly.

 

They both stayed there for a while in silent. Tiffany was feeling overjoyed.There was a stupid smile on her face and it didn't want to go away. She just wanted to stay there like that. There was something inside that made her wish to be like that with Taeyeon forever. However, she kinda knew that eventually they would have to leave that place and go back home. She also knew that eventually she would have to talk to Taeyeon about the creature. She couldn't just pretend everything was the same after what she had witnessed. However, as much as she wanted to talk about it she could see Taeyeon didn't. And she was scared that by mentioning the “thing” Taeyeon would want to leave.

 

“Hey, Taeyeon...”

 

“Hm...”

 

“Do you mind If I ask you something?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Would you walk me back home?” She asked moving her eyes to look at Taeyeon's face. She only could see her profile but she quickly noticed the girl twisting her lips. “Please.”

 

Taeyeon never really answered out loud but Tiffany widened her smile when the girl nodded her head. The more she stood with Taeyeon, the happier she got. “Thanks.”

 

Having Taeyeon beside her made Tiffany feel really good. Not only that, having her walking back home altogether would make Taeyeon know where she lived, so if by any chance she was targeted by one of those creatures again, Taeyeon could carry her home next time.

 

Both girls started walking again, leaving the roof of the old building and taking the lift to go to ground floor.

 

“How come you can walk barefoot?” Tiffany asked noticing the girl was without shoes again. “Don't your feet get dirty?”

 

“I can wash them later.”

 

“Still... It's really weird. Have you ever trying walking barefoot on the asphalt? Especially in the morning? It's so ing hot, it burns all your soles.”

 

“I'm not a morning person.” Taeyeon answered nonchalantly.

 

“Me too. I hate mornings.”

 

They finally left the old building and started walking across the streets of Seoul. Taeyeon knew Tiffany was apprehensive about one of those monsters come back after her but she wasn't so concerned about it in the first place. She knew Tiffany was safe. Her blanket was enough to keep the human safe from those creatures and as long as the girl stayed with it and stopped feeling miserable, she should be just fine.

 

The only thing that made Taeyeon agreed to walk the girl back home was that she genuinely thought it was the least she could do. Especially because she left the girl all alone all those nights she had waited for her. Not only that, that was the last time they probably would be together. That's what she stated. One last time and done. She would leave the human alone.

 

Taeyeon blinked not knowing what to do after they finally reached the train station. As it was dawn, there wasn't many people around, but the machines, the gates and plataforms was new to Taeyeon. She never really took a train. Actually she didn't need to. All her trips she did by running.

 

“What's wrong?” Tiffany noticed the girl looking lost.

 

“I don't know how it works.”

 

“What? You never took a train before?”

 

“I don't need to.”

 

Tiffany nodded her head in understanding. “You're really lucky. Some of us have to take even two or three to go to school or work.You must live in a very nice area.”

 

“How do I do it?” She asked confused.

 

“You have to buy tickets. C'mon, I'll show you.” Tiffany took Taeyeon to nearest ticket machine. Because Taeyeon wasn't wearing any bags, Tiffany thought the girl probably was out of money and she decided to buy the tickets for the girl with her own. She really didn't mind though. Tiffany smiled when Taeyeon's eyes grew bigger impressed by the machine.

 

“Wow, that's so cool.”

 

“Oh, c'mon there's nothing cool about it. It's just a ticket machine.”

 

“But how does it spill tickets like that? How does it know it's the right ticket? It's like a magical machine.”

 

Tiffany's smile widened. ““It's not magical. It's engineering.”

 

“Engineering?” The girl turned her head slightly to the left trying to understand how that thing worked. Tiffany smiled by seeing her react like that.

 

“It's was programmed by a code to deliver tickets. That's all.”

 

“So it's a genius machine?”

 

“It was made by a genius. So, yeah... kinda it is.”

 

“It's amazing.”

 

Tiffany giggled once again. “You look like a wizard seeing a muggle stuff for the first time.”

 

“Wizard? Do I look like a wizard? I always wanted to be a wizard!!”

 

“C'mon, we should be going or we would miss the train.” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon's hand and pulled her forward.

 

“That's really cool.” She said after entering the train after Tiffany, still mesmerized by all the machinery.

 

“You are very easy to impress.” Tifany stated finding it funny. Taeyeon looked like a kid who just discovered something new and exciting. There was a wide grin on her face and Tiffany could notice the dimple in her cheeks. That made her smile shyly. She found it cute.

 

When the train started moving, Taeyeon had her eyes on the windows, paying attention to the surroundings. Her large brown eyes amazed by all the experience. Tiffany didn't want to break her moment so she stood silent for the whole trip, not distubing her.

 

When they reached the right stop, they left the train. Taeyeon still was amazed by it, making Tiffany giggle a little.

 

And then, after walking no more than ten minutes, Tiffany entered another building. After pressing the key on the scanner, she pushed the button number 25.

 

“And that's my house.” She introduced after opening the front door. “It's not a big apartment but it's enough for me.” She entered the place resting the keys and the blanket on the table.

 

“Do you live alone?”

 

“Yes. It's a bit stressful to be honest. Have to cook myself, often going shopping, check up the bills...It drives me crazy sometimes. What are you doing over there?” She noticed Taeyeon still outside. Her head was low and her feet was just above the welcome carpet. “Won't you come over?”

 

“I can't.” She said with sorrow.

 

“Why not?”

 

Tiffany noticed she curled her toes. “Oh, your feet? It's okay, Taeyeon. I don't mind, you can come in.”

 

Taeyeon lifted her head and blinked. Tiffany smiled again, calling her with her hand. “Come on. Get in.”

 

The force that kept Taeyeon away was suddenly gone. Her right foot had a step front and for the first time in her entire existence, Taeyeon felt the tips of her toes get warm. That scared her. That made her feel like there's something wrong with her.

 

“I'm sorry, Tiffany Hwang, but it's better if I leave.” She said with a bow. Taeyeon decided to step back and as soon as her feet got away from that spot, the warm feeling vanished completely.

 

“You know the way to the station, right?” She asked worried. Taeyeon nodded her head. Tiffany gave her some coins and Taeyeon realized it was money. “You don't have money with you right now, so use these coins to buy your way home.”

 

“Thank you, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“I had a great time with you...”

 

“Me too.” Taeyeon nodded.

 

“So, see you tomorrow?” Tiffany asked hopeful.

 

Taeyeon was supposed to say goodbye. It was the reason she showed up in the first place. To end this.

 

“See you tomorrow, Tiffany Hwang.” She ended up saying instead.

 

When she saw Tiffany grin hard and her eyesmile showed again, Taeyeon realized that she wanted to see it one more time.

 

She wanted to feel the warm in her toes one more time.

 

She wanted to be with Tiffany one more time.

 

Just one more time.

 


A little bit of Taeyeon's POV. Please tell me what you guys think and feel about it. XD. See you guys next time.