Chapter 25 - The Final Confession

The Perfect Love Story

 

 

 

It came to Taeyang’s last day in Korea on his exchange program. By morning he had finished packing, and had attended a meeting YG had organized for him to attend.

After the meeting he called Taeyeon’s phone hoping that she would eventually pick up. However, there was still no answer. Instead Taeyang made his way to SNSD’s dorm hoping that Taeyeon would be at the dorm, and also knowing that Tiffany had no scheduled planned for the day because she had planned to meet Taeyang at the airport before he left. On his way there he gave Tiffany a call. “Yobseyo.” She answered.

“Fany-ah, annyeong.”

“Taeyang! Have you finished packing?”

“De. Are you and Taeyeon talking to each other yet?”

“Aniya… I see that she didn’t organize to talk to you.”

“Fany-ah, I still can’t believe you did that. Now I have gotten in the way of your friendship.”

“It’s okay. Things will get better between the two of us.”

“I hope so…” Taeyang paused before continuing, “Are you at the dorm?”

“Yeah. Wae?”

“Is Taeyeon there?”

“Ani. I think she went out not too long ago. Wae?”

“I am going to stop over before I go to the airport because I thought, for your sake, it would be better for you.”

“Really? You know I can meet you at the airport…”

“I know, but I’m already on my way. I’ll see you soon.”

“Okay. See you soon.”

Not long after Taeyang arrived at the dorm and Tiffany had let Taeyang in. Spending a few hours together Taeyang waited for Taeyeon to return. However as the few hours passed Taeyang needed to leave so that he was not late for his flight. “She still hasn’t returned.” Tiffany pointed out as she walked him to the front of the building.

Taeyang let out a sigh, “I guess I wasn’t meant to see her before I left.” Tiffany stared at Taeyang seeing the disappointment on his face. Caught up in the moment, tears were brought up to Tiffany’s eyes. Taeyang chuckled as he watched tears drop from her eyes. “Why are you crying?” Taeyang asked as tears started to also drip down from his eyes.

Tiffany looked up chuckling at Taeyang’s tears as well, “because you’re leaving and…”

“And?”

“You never got to tell Taeyeon about YG and you coming back.” Tiffany sniffed.

“It’s okay.” Taeyang laughed. “That’s not something to cry about… Here…”

“What’s this?” Tiffany wondered whilst she grabbed the envelope Taeyang held out.

“Can you please make sure Taeyeon gets that as soon as she returns… it’s a letter telling her everything and the way I feel.”

“Really?” Tiffany’s face grew brighter.

Taeyang gave a nod. “Okay I’ve got to go now… But I’ll see you in a year.” He held his arm out waiting for a goodbye hug from Tiffany.

 After hugging Taeyang, Tiffany pulled away and said sadly, “Taeyang, you know that Taeng is my closest friend, and I wouldn’t just let anyone just date her, right?”

“De. Where are you going with this?” Taeyang wondered.

“… I hope everything works out between the two of you.” Tiffany explained.

 “It’s okay, what is meant to happen, will happen… I’m sure everything will go the way it will.” Taeyang smiled confidently. “Anyway, you will make sure to come see me the day I come back, right?”

“Of course.” Tiffany smirked.

“Promise?”

“I promise.” They both crossed their little fingers and twisted their hands to touch their thumbs to keep their promises. Not long after Taeyang had left.

Tiffany agitatedly waited for Taeyeon to return. Hoping that she would return before Taeyang caught his plane. Whilst waiting, Taeyeon eventually walked through the door following Sunny and Seohyun. As soon as Tiffany saw Taeyeon she burst out approaching Taeyeon, “Yah! Kim Taeyeon. Here.” She held out the letter Taeyang had given to her. Taeyeon had a stunned look on her face, shocked to hear Tiffany speak to her since they haven’t spoken to each other since their argument.

Taeyeon replied, “What’s this?”

“It’s a letter from Taeyang. You should at least read it since he dropped it off before he had to go to the airport.”

“Meuo? Taeyang is leaving today?” Taeyeon said in disbelief as she looked at Tiffany.

“De. It’s a bit later on in the night.”

Taeyeon took the envelope Tiffany held out. She then walked over to the lounge room sitting down on the sofa opening the flap of the envelope. Tiffany, Sunny and Seohyun watched Taeyeon read the letter. Curious at what he had written, they all sat around Taeyeon.

            “Taeyeon-ah,

If you are reading this letter, then I have not said goodbye to you before I left, and not only that, but then I also did not get to tell you what I was never able to tell you. And before I could, our relationship ended.

But, I don’t want it to end here. And I know that you don’t want it to end also. Am I right?

That night you said that there was no point to us dating because I was leaving. What if I was leaving to finish off my degree back in Australia? What if I were to return in a years to come and live in Korea? Could we still be together then and later on?

Because I still think we can be together. And yes I am going back to finish my degree. Yes I am coming back to Korea after I graduate. Who would have thought that I would be producing and composing my own songs?

That’s because of you. Taeyeon-ah, the reason why I am coming back to Korea is because of you. You’re the reason why I signed a contract to come back here. You’re the reason I want to write songs and be able to serenade you with them. You’re the reason I want to return home, and for some reason you have become my home.

Taeyeon-ah, always be mine. Wait for me for only a year and it will pass by in no time. We can send messages to each other….

Will you wait for me?

I want to hear your answer in person. I’ll be waiting for you at my apartment before going to the airport. Don’t be late :P

            Taeyang.”

Taeyeon finished reading the letter and confusingly looked up at Tiffany, “he’s coming back in a year? What contract did he sign?”

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon. He wrote his feelings out for you. And all you could get out of that was his job offering? If you want to know so much, go and ask him yourself.” There was a moment of silence after Tiffany spoke. Taeyeon looked down at the letter and back up at Tiffany. “Yah! Do you want to be with Taeyang or not?” Tiffany sightly raised her voice at Taeyeon.

“De-”

“Then what are you waiting for? Quickly go and meet him at his apartment.” Like orders from a General, Taeyeon jolted up listening to Tiffany not realizing she had released the letter from her hand. Heading towards the door she suddenly stopped and turned back around to face Seohyun, Sunny and Tiffany. Referring mainly to Tiffany she asked, “Can you come with me?”