Weight

Exozy drabble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao looked at the amber - haired girl sitting on the sofa with her legs pulled up and her chin resting on her knees. He watched quietly as she sighed, picking up the magazine beside her that she'd placed there just a few minutes earlier, and flicking through it. He knew something was bothering her – had been for a while – but he couldn't figure out what it could be.

He'd thought he had come close the other day, when she'd been complaining about her brother being in a mood with her and ignoring her calls and messages. But she'd managed to speak to him since then, and something still seemed to be eating away at her, so it must have been something else. Tao and Suzy had been dating for over half a year now, so he figured she would tell him what was on her mind when she was good and ready. He'd always known how stubborn she was, and it often took her a while to share her problems with him, especially if she felt they were too big to do anything about, or something she'd feel silly telling him about.

He turned his attention to the meal he had cooked for the two of them, turning off the heat and getting out a couple of dishes to serve it into.

"Suzy, it's ready." She made a noise of acknowledgement, putting the magazine down once more and making her way over to him. "This one's yours," he told her, gesturing to the plate closest to her. She looked at the plate of curry and rice, seeming to be debating something with herself. "Is something wrong?" Tao asked.

"Ah, no. It looks lovely. It looks a little much though; can you take a bit off?"

Tao looked at the potion of food he had dished out. "I haven't put any more than you usually have."

"Well, I'm not as hungry as usual."

He looked at her face, trying to read her expression. She looked alright, but there was something about her that seemed guarded. "Are you okay?" He asked. "You've barely had anything all day."

"I'm fine. Rice just fills me up really quickly is all. I don't want to waste any." He figured that her subsequent smile was supposed to reassure him, but it was too forced to serve its purpose.

"Well then, you just eat as much as you can and I'll have the rest, okay?" She thought about it for a moment, then nodded, picking up her plate and taking it to the table along. Tao followed her with his meal, and they both sat down to eat. "Ah, do you want something to drink?" Tao asked her after a few mouthfuls. "I have that soda you like—"

"Oh, no. Water is fine."

"Oh, sure." He got a glass of water for each of them, and as they continued eating they slowly fell into light conversation.

After some time, Tao noticed that Suzy seemed a little more like herself. "I guess you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter