My Worst Enemy

It started with a RANT!

I woke up by a phone call, 7 o’clock in the morning. I stuck my hand out of the warm blanket and searched for my phone. After a few rumble, I found the speaker button.

 

“Good morning! Is this Jung Eunji?” The voice questioned over the phone.

 

“Yes. This is she.” I mumble under my breath.

 

“We are UIM company. This is a small reminder for the home interview at 10 a.m.”

 

“UIM company?”

 

“Yes. You hand in your application last week.” The speaker announced.

 

.

 

I almost forgot I was looking for a job last week. UIM company is looking for a blogger to maintain their website. This is a perfect job for me since nothing is better than being a homebody.

 

“Yes!” I flipped my blanket to the side and sit up from the bed. “I remember that.”

 

“See you then.” The phone was soon put into beeps.

 

It would the dream of my life to sit at home and earn a living. Now I would never have to leave home again.

 

“Don’t burn!” Chanyeol’s voice shouted across the room.

 

Damn. I almost forgot. I have a roommate.

 

I slide open the door and slipped out the door. Chanyeol made eye contact with me and greeted me with a smile. “Good morning. Sorry. I must have woke you up.”

 

“I have a request,” I said confidently.

 

“Oh...” He played with the words. “I thought you don’t want to have anything to do with me.” On the other hand, he was trying to save his burned Ramen.

 

This boy. I would take him down anytime if this wasn’t a home interview.

 

I gave him a death glare and headed towards the bathroom. “If you want your life to be hard here. Don’t do it.”

 

“Do you want some ramen?” The boy smiled innocently. I can feel my face turned into stone. This is the smartest way to turn down my anger.

 

As I sat down with him, he stirred the ramen a few time.

 

“So I need you to help me with something.” I heard myself requested.

 

“I think you need some manners.” The boy responds cheerfully and slurped the noodles in his bowl.

 

“Said the one who barged into his new home at midnight!” I stabbed the chopsticks into the bowl.

 

Chanyeol gently takes the two wooden stick off the set them aside. “Excuse me, I have my reasons. If you said please, I might help you.”

 

UGH! I can’t believe that I am breathing the same air as this little bastard.

 

I took in a deep breath to hold myself back and explained, “I have an in-home interview at 10. Do you think you can step out for a few hour or so?”

 

Chanyeol stared at me there was a minute of silence between us. I knew he was waiting for me to say please.

 

“Please.” I mumbled the word and expect him to reply something reasonable for both of us.

 

“Nope. I can’t leave the house.” Chanyeol picks up his chopsticks and continue eating. I can feel the fire rage in me. He is lucky that the interview is at home, or I will destroy the house right now.

 

“Tell me why?”

“I can help you.” He looked back up. “However, leaving the house is not an opinion.”

 

“The interviewers will think that I am living in a rental home.” I explained in a panic, “and they specifically require someone to have a stable living. I even ask the landlord to help me before I apply.”

 

The boy shrugged, “I can pretend to be your boyfriend.” The delighted smile on his face slowly curves up.

 

What the is he up to?

 

“No! Why would you…” I complained.

 

Chanyeol cuts me off, “Then I will just be your roommate. I mean is pretty hard to believe that a girl like you can find a boy like me. Right?”

 

This is going down. I will destroy this little when the time comes.

 

“Fine! Just pretend to be my boyfriend.” I stood up from the table and went to the bathroom to get ready.

 

I only heard him scream, “You don’t want any ramen? Girlfriend!”

 

 

Roommate statues: Enemy!

Signing out.