Boss Jung

Code R for Retrieval
Please log in to read the full chapter

AN: FINALLY!! AN UPDATE!! Keep alert for the marking in this chapter, coz there are 2 flashbacks.

 

Author's POV

-Studio X, Yeouido- #day2 2.30am

A black jet haired young woman kept her head down to avoid the lights. Yes, light props. It was too bright. Is it so substantial to have so many lights in this not so big space? It just gives her a headache. Worsen her headache, for a better description. She closed her eyes, aiming one shot for the last scene. She composed herself and acted. The last scene of the day went so smooth. She even got several compliments from the director and fellow colleagues. They just didn’t know her capabilities. Her newly recruit subordinates also had only seen a third of it. No one ever saw her whole power. And she is just so determined to bring her one target down, no matter what it will take.

She quickly rushed to the parking lot after saying goodbyes to the others. She didn’t need to change her clothes since her character in the drama not wearing something flashy, which is good. She’s been dying in contemplating whether come back home or waiting for the report. Where is the damn report? What could take so long? Two hours? Are you kidding me? Where is the damn kid leader? She’s literally fuming inside her red Range Rover. God bless that said kid leader, because her phone suddenly vibrates.

“Hello, boss!” “What boss? Who are you talking to? Are you spying on me? And you give your damn report in front of me?”

“Shì ài mǎ? Nǐ wèishéme jiào wǒ zài tā miànqián?” (Is that Emma? Why are you calling me in front of her?)

“Oh, damn. Please spare me, boss. I’m trying to make a significant distant right here. Why are you so fond of Chinese, anyway?” “Give me that phone, Taeyeon.”

“Wǒ bùnéng ràng wǒ de hòuwèile, hǎo ma. Wǒ bùnéng quèdìng yǒurén méiyǒu zài wǒ de jū shàngzhuāngle yīxiē shēngyīn zhuīzōng shèbèi. Nǐ néng zài wàiyǔ, jiějiě?“ (I couldn’t let my guard off, okay. I couldn’t make sure someone had not installed some voice tracking device in my car. Could you repeat in foreign language, unnie?)

“What are you saying, boss? First of all, it’s because I can’t leave her alone. And while she’s around, what kind of language that I could speak that she couldn’t understand? Chinese? Japanese? Thai? British? Oh I know, it’s my Jeonju accent!” “Who are you talking to? I’m not gonna let you go for this!”

“Duìbùqǐ, Tae jiějiě. Wǒ zhǐshì bù tíng de dānxīn tā, zài zhèlǐ de gōngzuò shì, Ér nǐ yǒu méiyǒu yīnwèi liǎng xiǎoshí qián fāsòng de rènhé xiāoxī. Tā hái hǎo ma? ” (I’m sorry, Tae unnie. I just keep worrying about her, here at the studio, and you haven’t sent any message since two hours ago. Is she okay?)

“I’m sorry too, boss. My head barely processed your Chinese right now, and sincerely couldn’t process any different language to come out from my mouth. She is okay. She still had a plenty of energy to shout at me. But she’s got DF and got to stay for at least three days. Can you just head to SNU Hospital, 3F, room 309?” “I demand some explanation!” 

“She is still a Jung, isn’t it? Hahaha. I guess it’s about the time to give her some explanation. Do you want me to get you something? I’m on the way right now.”

“Ah, right. She needs guava juices and Ejiao. And some snack or bread or even rice for our ice princess.” “Rice, rice, I want rice.”

“Wait, where can I found guava juices in the middle of the night? And what is Ejiao?” Her moods lighten with foods, as always.

“Hahaha. But, seriously I don’t know where to get those. We rarely have that packed, right? I was just told by the Park sisters.”

 “Well… Park sisters? Who are they?”

"Well, it started half an hour ago..."  so Taeyeon gave out a glance about these just acquaintanced sisters.

 

-Flashback 30 minutes ago-

“Hello again, Ms. Jung and Ms. Kim.”

“Hello.”

“Hello, doctor”

“Well, I’m so sorry that I couldn’t take you m

Please log in to read the full chapter