Chapter 6 Part 2

Miniature Matchmakers

[A/N] A little gore warning ahead! Just from a movie, not from the story!

 

"Okay so obviously the first one on the list is when our dads fell on the first day of school! And then they hit their heads together! That was the start of it all right, Luhan?" Sehun exclaims as they sit down on the benches outside of school during their lunch break. It was still fairly warm outside but they could feel the chill start to come since it was the middle of October.

     "Yes, yes! And then when they were joking with each other while we were going home after! Oh and then when my dad smacked into the door of your daddy's office! That was so funny!" Luhan laughs, writing that down too. Busy with filling out the rest of their lists, the two are startled when a heavy body plops down on the bench next to them. Looking up, they see Chanyeol with a wide grin.

     "What's up, kiddos? Working hard or hardly working?" The tall man snickers, ruffling their hair. Baekhyun slides into the seat as well and gives the pair of boys a lovely smile before noticing the list.

     "Whatcha writing there?" He asks, peering at the sheet of paper as he hands each of the boys a marshmallow crispy treat that lights up their eyes.

     "It's a list of all the cute things our dads have done with each other like turning red or making themselves look funny!" Sehun answers with his mouth full and he and Luhan high-five.

     "Cool! That's pretty smart, you guys." Chanyeol marvels and takes the paper so he could read it over better. "Oh, Baek tell them about the house."

     "Oh yeah, so we passed by the house on our over way here and the pest control people are still there.'Yeol asked them how long more would it take to clear the house of the termites and they said about less than a week."

     "That's not a lot of time! What are we going to do?" Cries Sehun in worry. "They have to be boyfriends by the end of the week!"

     "Now, now, Sehun, they won't necessarily become boyfriends that fast. We're just trying to get them even closer so their small feelings for each other could grow bigger. And then one of them could make the first move!" Chanyeol explains to the upset boy.

     "Um, excuse me? Who are you?" The four of them turn their heads at the introduction of a new voice and find a handsome man with a strong jaw and tanned skin staring down at them in mild alarm. He pushes the glasses he has on further up his nose and narrows his eyes, still waiting on that answer.

     "Mr. Jung these are our babysitters! They brought us some snacks!" Luhan replies as he and Sehun hold up their treat wrappers.

     "Oh, I see. I'm sorry gentlemen but I just wanted to make sure these children knew you in case you were complete strangers hellbent on kidnapping."

     "Oh that's okay, uh..."

     "Yunho."

     "Ah, Yunho-ssi. We're sorry, we should have told their teacher we were coming," Baekhyun apologizes.

     "Yes, it would have been better for you to sign in at the office with me first and gotten a visitors pass but it's fine now. We're just concerned about the safety of our children and I wouldn't want Mr. Kim to worry about his students either," Yunho tells them, a faint ting of pink on his cheeks. He clears his throat and hikes up the stack of papers he's been holding before making to turn back to the school.

     "Wait! What is that, Mr. Jung?" Sehun stops him, pointing to the papers.

     "Ah, well they're flyers I just finished printing out. We were going to distribute them later this afternoon in all the classrooms but since your guardians are here, you can have them now." Yunho takes two papers from his pile and hands them to the adults, then waves them goodbye as he trudges back to the office.

     "What is it? What is it!?" The boys exclaim, clamouring over their babysitters to get a better look at the flyer. Their eyes are met with drawings of pumpkins, leaves, ghosts and spiders; splashes of colour lined around the few boxes of text in big, bold letters.

     "Calm down, children, I'll read it out loud to you, okay?" Baekhyun tells them before clearing his throat.

     "Students, parents and guardians of Daeri Elementary! We are proud to present an exciting fundraising event we've come up with to help our art programs! This year will be our first ever Autumn Festival!

     "Included will be fun games like apple bobbing, hayrides and pie eating contests! Food stands will help fill hungry bellies and there will also be arts and crafts tables to let everyone express their creative side! But the big event people should be most excited for is our Halloween Paintball Fight!

     "Everyone will be in costume and in teams of two. The last two standing will win a great prize! So come out to this great event at the end of October and have some fun!"

     "Woah! That sounds so cool! We have to have to have to go!" Sehun shouts in glee, sharing an excited look that mirrors everyone at the table. Who wouldn't be eager? It sounds like loads of fun!

     "What costumes do we wear? What fun things do we do first?" Luhan questions rapidly. "What foods are we gonna eat? Should we do a food stand? My dad cooks really good! Oh my gosh, Sehun you have to be my partner for the paintball game! We'll win that prize for sure!"

     "Yeah we will!"

     "Boys!" Chanyeol shouts, stopping their giddy ramblings. The two kids look over to see their babysitter smiling way too big and since they know better, that's a great sign that calls for a plan swirling in his thoughts. As by routine, the other three at the table lean in close to hear what Chanyeol's got cooking in his head.

      "So it doesn't specifically say how the teams are to be made so I say we make it a parents versus children game! We can get Joonmyun and Yixing to team up and what a great way it would be for them to bond even more, huh!"

     "Yeah! Bonding over annihilating enemies. I love it, Yeolie!" Baekhyun agrees, leaning over to give the taller a big fat smooch on the cheeks. That of which turns bright red after; Luhan and Sehun then try to hide their giggles over the blushing man.

     "I like that idea too, but the festival is so far away! What do we do now to make them like each other?" Luhan questions seriously after his fit of giggles ends. "We don't have lots of time left before Sehunnie and his Dad go back home!"

     "Yeah, we have to think of something really big! Both of them come back from work pretty tired so I doubt we'd be able to do a bunch of things everyday until Joonmyun's house is fixed. We need to go all out, preferably the last day you stay so the memory will last in both of their minds." Baekhyun says, glancing at all of them to see if anyone had a of an idea to share. Some more thoughtful looks pass around until a lightbulb goes off in Sehun's head.

     "Oh!! I knoooow!" He exclaims, wildly waving his arms to gather attention from the group. "Let's do Movie Night! We can make popcorn and other tasty snacks and watch a movie! Ooh, a scary movie so my dad can snuggle up to Mister Zhang instead of me!"

     "You're right, Sehun!" Baekhyun agrees, much to the confusion of the other two. "Oh, Joonmyun hates scary movies, like he will actively avoid them at all costs but if he ever does watch one with us, he's usually clutching onto either me or Sehun in terror," he explains, "so if he watches one with Yixing, he'd hold onto him instead! It's brilliant!"

     "In that case, we can tell him it's nice, non-scary Halloween movie and then when they put it on, you guys can pretend to sleep in their laps so when they realize that it's actually a very scary movie, they won't be able to go anywhere!" Smirks Chanyeol with a devious glint in his eyes.

     Just before any other words can be exchanged, the lunch bell rings, signalling that it's time for the children to head back into school. They part ways with their babysitters with promises to pick up their planning another day whereas they can also inform Jongin of what's to come.

 

☆*:.。. .。.:*☆☆*:.。. .。.:*☆

 

A few days later, on Friday morning, Joonmyun finally gets the call the children have been dreading. Their house is finally rid of all the pesky termites and they're free to come back the following Saturday. At breakfast, while he sits with the children and Yixing packs all their lunches, he tells them of the "good" news.

     "Well Bunny, the exterminators informed me that our house is done. We can go home tomorrow!"

     "Nooo—!" Sehun starts to wail only to get cut off with a harsh jab in the side from Luhan's elbow. "O-Oh yeah um I mean, yay! That's cool, Daddy! But I'll miss Luhan's house! We can still stay tonight, right?"

     "Of course we can, Yixing wouldn't put us out right this instance, right?" Joonmyun jokes towards the other man who chuckles in response.

     "What do you mean? Who says I wouldn't? I'm just kidding, you guys can even move in if you'd like!" He laughs, closing the zipper on one of the kids lunch boxes. The zipper accidentally gets caught in his sleeve though and Yixing mildly panics as he struggles to rip his shirt out of the teeth. When he finally gets released, Yixing refuses to turn towards the others because that idiot mistake and his stupid, blurted comment probably gained him a weird look from Joonmyun and he's totally not about face that embarrassment now. Sadly, he misses the fond smile that graces the man's face.

     "We should do something special tonight! Like a movie night!" Luhan suggests. Praise the Gods for that kid who knows how to break awkwardness, Yixing thinks.

     "I'm all for it, what about you boys?" Yixing asks the other two as he circles the tables and places each of their lunch bags beside them. "I heard later this evening there's going to be a thunderstorm. That's prime movie watching weather!"

     "Yeah, sounds great! I can make fresh popcorn!" Joonmyun exclaims. "What movie should we watch?"

     "Let's watch a Halloween movie! I love Halloween movies! They're so fun!" Sehun suggests, casting a mischievous look at Luhan.

     "Alright, but no scary Halloween movies, okay Bunny?" Joonmyun warns, shaking his index finger at his son. The boy pouts but nods his head with a sigh; unbeknownst to his father, they already picked out the perfect scary movie that'll kickstart their devious plan for the night.

     "Yeah, no horror movies because you kids will get frightened easily, right Joonmyun?" Yixing says, clapping the man on the back. He fails to notice the sheepish look on his face though and the children hear Joonmyun muttering "not just the kids."

     Later that afternoon, when Luhan and Sehun come home, Joonmyun helps them with their homework while he also works on cooking their dinner. Yixing had called earlier and told them that he would be running late as he was finishing up a project with his team but he would surely be back in time for their movie night. Now, it was 6:30PM and Yixing still hadn't come back yet. Joonmyun kept the kids busy with making snacks for their movie and doodling, but there was no doubt that they were starting to worry.

     "Dad said he was supposed to be back at six o'clock! I wonder where he is!" Luhan whines, forgoing the drawing of a witch he was making in favour for looking up at Joonmyun standing by the windows. The man was watching the roads as the rain pelted against every surface it could find outside. His cellphone was cradled in his hand and he glanced at it every now and then, hoping for a little notification from the Chinese man saying he was close.

     "Don't worry, Luhannie! Your dad must be coming! It must be the rain that is making him take so long but he will come back soon, I promise!" Sehun insists, trying his hardest to make his friend (and future brother) happy again. Luhan smiles at Sehun's effort and goes back to his drawing, still worried but at least a little better.

     By the time 7PM rolls around, Joonmyun decides that he should call Yixing's workplace to find out if he still there just so that his—Luhan's worrying can ease slightly. He gets the number from Yixing's fridge and on the third ring, someone picks up.

     "Hello?"

     "Hi, sorry to bother so late but by chance is Zhang Yixing still there? I'm a friend of him and his son and we just wanted to see if he was almost done with his work?"

     "Oh, I'm sorry but Mr. Zhang left a little over an hour ago. He hasn't reached home by now?" Joonmyun pales at the woman's words and he grips the phone tighter.

     "No, he hasn't."

     "Well, if you'd like I can contact him and see where he is."

     "No-no, it's fine. I'll call him on his cell. Thank you, anyway." After he hangs up, Joonmyun wastes no time in dialling Yixing's cell phone. It goes straight to voicemail which makes Joonmyun in a sharp breath.

     "Mr. Kim, what did they say?" Joonmyun turns to see Luhan and Sehun staring up at him with concern looks on their little faces. He puts on a smile and ruffles their hairs, which make them groan in annoyance as they try to stop him.

     "Your dad will be here in a while, Luhan. He's just a little delayed because of the weather. No need to worry! Now, why don't we all go watch some cartoons while we wait, huh? First one to the couch gets to decide what we watch first!" The kids cheer at the prospect of cartoons and race towards the couch as Joonmyun follows behind, taking a last fearful glance towards the window. I hope he's okay...

     After an hour of Dragon Tales and George of the Jungle, the three of them are alerted to the sound of a key turning the lock on the front door. The children run to the area to see Yixing coming through looking disheveled and dirty, not to mention completely soaking wet! Luhan beams and goes to hug his dad but Yixing blocks him before the little boy could get his pajamas wet too.

     "Dad, you're home! We were waiting for so long! Why did you come so late?" Luhan nags, crossing his arms over his chest; Sehun mimics him and they turn their noses up stubbornly.

     "Sorry, Lulu and Sehunnie. I was uh, stuck in a lot of traffic! And I forgot my umbrella today so that's why I'm so soaked!" Yixing explains to them just as Joonmyun comes from the living room. Once he sees Yixing, he lets out a sigh of relief; it soon turns into a gasp when he takes in his condition.

     "Oh my God! What happened, Yixing? You must be freezing! Come, let's get you upstairs so you can take a warm shower and get into some dry clothes. Sehun, Luhan, can you two go pick out some pjs for Yixing and run a hot bath for him?"

     "Yessir!" They respond like soldiers and march up the stairs to get started on their duties. Meanwhile, Joonmyun helps Yixing out of his coat and boots and feels his forehead, noticing his skin is rather warm.

     "So what really happened?" He questions, knowing whatever Yixing told the children wasn't the truth. "Your car isn't in the driveway."

     "Yeah, I didn't want to worry the children anymore. You see, when I left work, it was pouring like crazy and I couldn't see well and I drove over something sharp and one of my tires flattened. I forgot to put the spare in my trunk from a while ago so I was pretty much stuck. My phone also died too! How dumb! I got out and walked in the rain to the nearest gas station and got soaked because I really did forget my umbrella. Then I called my mechanic and had to walk back to wait for him by the car. The car I left at the garage to be fixed by tomorrow and my mechanic graciously gave me a ride home."

     "Jeez, Yixing. That sounds awful," Joonmyun remarks, helping the shivering man up the stairs. "And it sounds like you're starting to get sick. While you bathe and change, the boys and I will make some soup and tea for you, alright?" Without waiting for an answer, Joonmyun leads the boys back downstairs where they whip up a warm and comforting meal. After forty minutes Yixing saunters into the kitchen looking better but still cold and shivering. He sees Joonmyun bringing a steaming cup out of the microwave but the children aren't anywhere in sight.

     "Sorry for taking so long, the hot water just felt so damn good. I didn't want to get out! Where are the boys?"

     "Ah, well I guess since it's almost nine, they felt tired so they went to go rest in the living room while they waited for you. They must have fell asleep." Joonmyun muses as he places the cup and a bowl of some delicious looking chicken soup on the table for Yixing. "Eat up, I'm just going to go put them to bed." Yixing nods and starts to gratefully eat the soup and sip on the tea the boys made for him. It makes him feel much better but he still feels a little chilly inside. Joonmyun comes back a few minutes later and Yixing can see he's carrying the briefcase he takes to work with.

     "I just want to take your temperature and make sure you're not starting to run a fever, okay?" He explains to the confusion on Yixing's face. Yixing agrees and opens his mouth so Joonmyun can place the thermometer beneath his tongue. Once he checks, he sighs in relief at the result. "Okay so you're not running a fever but your internal temperature is just one degree over thirty-six Celsius which can be normal, especially in your case. I don't believe you will get a fever during the night as long as you bundle up and keep warm. Oh, and drink lots of fluids."

     "Thanks Doc," Yixing smirks, "it really is a bonus that the great Doctor Kim is my friend."

     "I know, aren't you a lucky one?" Joonmyun teases back and they both laugh before Yixing lets out a sighs.

     "You know, I feel so bad that I ruined the kids' movie night. They were so excited for it! I was excited for it, too!"

     "Don't worry, Yixing. We can have plenty more movie nights for the children." Joonmyun reassures, putting away his things. "But you know, we can still have the movie night now, if you're feeling up t—"

     "Yes! I totally am! Come on!" Yixing rejoices and flings himself off the table. Joonmyun snorts at the other man's childishness as he takes off the light and follows him into the living room. Yixing has already gotten the TV on and is taking out the DVD from its case.

     "Trick 'r Treat? I don't think I've ever heard of this one? The back cover is gone though... Luhan and Sehun must've ripped the it off by accident. Anyway, the title sounds nice enough! And look how cute this little boy is with his... is it a Jack O' Lantern costume? Whatever, it's cute!" Yixing says as he puts the video in and races back to the other side of the couch before the opening credits can start. As names start to come up on the screen, a chill passes through Yixing and he looks over to see Joonmyun rubbing his arms as well. Did I leave a window open? He thinks to himself but waves it off quickly.

     "Hey Joonmyun, can you reach over beside you and grab the blanket I always keep in the ottoman? I'm feeling a little cold." He asks the other who happily complies.

     "Do you mind if I use some too? I'm feeling a little cold myself."

     "Yes, of course you can!" Yixing replies and spreads the blanket out. Unfortunately, their distances is a little too great and the blanket only reaches over one of Joonmyun's legs. "Huh. Well um I guess we're gonna have to scoot over closer so we both can get covered." Yixing point outs and the two share a quick glance before shimmying together until their shoulders are a hairline apart. Now, the blanket covers them both nicely.

     The movie starts and they both watch to see a woman coming home with her husband after going out on Halloween night. Children are still going around trick or treating so it doesn't seem to be too late.

     "Her robot costume . I mean it just looks so awful!" Yixing complains with a roll of his eyes.

     "Yeah, plus why is she being so mean to her boyfriend? Everyone knows you keep decorations up until the next morning!" Joonmyun agrees.

     "Oh, it's the little boy! He's watching her whine about the decorations. He's probably sad she doesn't have the Halloween spirit!" They continue to watch the movie intently and hang onto every scene until shockingly, the little pumpkin boy attacks the woman! They watch in horror as she's stabbed over and over and then it cuts to a scene where the boyfriend comes out and find her body hung up like a decoration with the lollipop the boy had stuck in .

     "Kim Sehun! I am going to kill that boy! He knows I absolutely hate horror movies why would he want to watch this!" Fumes Joonmyun whose hands are gripping the couch in frustration. Yixing notices this and gently pries his hands off and places them in his, surprising the other.

     "It's okay, Joonmyun. I'm pretty sure Sehun didn't do it on purpose. If you want, you can hold onto my hand so you don't feel as scared?" Yixing reasons, eyes scanning Joonmyun's face in the dark and seeing the slight fear in his expression. Joonmyun bites his lip and considers this for a moment before nodding his head and relaxing into the couch, his hand held within Yixing's.

     Coincidentally, the chill they both felt before suddenly vanished.

     They continued to watch the movie and cringed at all the blood and gore but they finally had enough when those children were ripped apart alive by the undead.

     "Yeah okay no, I might not be sick now but if I watch anymore of this I'm gonna be soon." Yixing declares as he switches off the DVD player and TV.

     "Same here," Joonmyun affirms as well. "It's not even ten yet though and I'm not really tired. Do you want to just talk for a while?" Yixing's eyebrow quirks and he settles himself so that he's now facing Joonmyun.

     "Talk? What do you want to talk about?" He asks, draping his arm on the top of the couch and leaning his head onto his hand.

     "Hmm, I don't know? We could maybe get to know each other a little bit better? I know next to nothing about you Yixing." Joonmyun responds, turning so that he was now also facing towards Yixing. "You can tell me anything you'd like about yourself. Where you're from, how you got Luhan, how you met Jongin and Chanyeol etcetera. The sky's the limit on this rainy night!"

     "Alright, alright, but I expect the same from you when it's your turn!" Yixing teases before clearing his throat and glancing at the other man with a chuckle. "So I was born on October 7th, in Changsha. You already know I'm a complete klutz but as a kid, I really loved art! I loved everything about it and I really wanted to work with it when I got older. My family and I moved to Korea when I was still a kid and I met those two idiots in high school. We were all on the track team and additionally, Jongin was in my dance class. We just bonded and have been friends ever since.

     "I went back to China for college and met Luhan's mom, Mei Lin there and we got married after we graduated. We had Luhan about a year earlier but Mei Lin died in a tragic train accident when he was only three years old. I was devastated; I loved her very much. Because of my job, I couldn't move back to Korea for a while until I got promoted last year and was finally able to return. I had to teach Luhan some Korean and such before I could enroll him in school and just a few months ago that finally happened." Yixing finishes his story and doesn't feel the stray teardrop falling from his eyes but he's mildly startled when Joonmyun reaches out and wipes it for him.

     "I know it's bee a long time, but I'm still so very sorry for your loss, Yixing. I know Mei Lin is proud of who you've become and is smiling down at you right now." He comforts, placing a hand over Yixing's and giving it a light squeeze. Yixing smiles and wipes away another stray tear, his cheeks tinted the faintest pink.

     "Thank you, Joonmyun. Your words mean a lot to me. Now, it's your turn to tell me about your life. Go ahead, I'm all ears."

     "Well, I was born May 22nd in Seoul. I've got an older brother who's a biologist and a baby sister who's a star athlete. I didn't originally planned to be a doctor but when I was in elementary school, I had this really nice paediatrician who always made me feel special. I realized that I would love to do that too. So lo and behold, here I am now! Doctor Kim!

     "Baekhyun's been my childhood friend since we were six because we lived on the same street. I though we'd just be friends for convenience but we became besties up until this day. There's probably no way we'd ever be separated now, we're practically joined by he hip. Though he can be an annoying little at times, he's the greatest friend I could ever think to have.

     "I met Sehun's mom in medical school and it was a no strings attached one night stand. Even though I wore a , she ended up getting pregnant but she wanted to carry the baby to term; she wanted to give it a good life. When Sehun was born, that all changed. She became depressed and wouldn't want to hold him or anything. Finally, she decided to give sole custody to me and she left and I haven't seen her since. I'm not sorry that she gave him up though because he has a happy life with me. My family and Baekhyun have helped me so much in raising Sehun and I'm grateful. I'm also grateful to that girl for giving me such a beautiful son and I hold no qualms with her. I told Sehun that she left when he was very young but have never told him why and he never has asked. I plan to tell him when he's maybe fourteen because he'll be of age to understand everything. I know thought that his heart is good and he'll forgive her."

     "I'm sorry to hear that, Joonmyun. I'm glad that you did have a lot of help while you also went through school." Yixing tells him, squeezing his hand this time. "I guess our lives had some bad, rough patches but look at us now. We're doing so well!"

     "We are doing well, Yixing. And it's only getting better." Joonmyun remarks and the two share a lingering glance. Outside, the rain continues to pour heavily but the moment the two of them looked at each other, the first crash of thunder could be heard shaking the night sky. The roaring sound doesn't break their deep stares but the second one that loudly rumbles from the clouds does and the two awkwardly flicker their eyes in all other directions except in front of them.

     "So how about this weather, Yixing?" Joonmyun asks to break the silence. "I love the rain, it's so soothing and beautiful."

     "I love it too! Autumn is actually my favourite season and it rains quite a lot but not as much as spring I think. Spring is cool but Autumn has leaves turning into gorgeous colours so it beats the race to my heart." The glimmer in Yixing's eyes as he talks about the seasons is so pretty, Joonmyun is at a loss for words until a finger snaps in his face.

     "Huh? Oh yeah, I live Autumn too. But I actually like Spring the most because of the flowers, and because I was born then!" He laughs and Yixing laughs with him, slapping him on the arm playfully. "What about Winter? Or Summer?"

     "Oh yuck, I hate Winter! It's way too cold and it takes like ten years for you to warm up once you come home but if you so much as walk by a slightly ajar window, you're freezing all over again!" Yixing rants, throwing his arms up in disdain. Joonmyun tries to hide his laughs at the Chinese man's complaints but the way his face twists cutely like that, he just can't help it. "I would just love to go somewhere not freezing this Winter. Maybe somewhere warm? That would be nice." Yixing muses more to himself but Joonmyun still hears it and places a finger on his chin in thought.

     They stayed up for hours that night, talking about random and sometimes nonsensical things until sleep finally overtakes them both at the wee hours of the morning.

     Once morning came around and Joonmyun and Sehun had packed up their things, they stop to say their goodbyes to the others by the front door. Though, their time together was short, it was fun and they'll never forget it.

     "Thank you so much for hosting us, Yixing. Bunny and I had a great stay!" Joonmyun tells them once they've gotten their boots and jackets on.

     "It was our pleasure, Joonmyun. Luhan and I will miss being roomies with you guys though!"

     "In that case, we'll be back!" Joonmyun blurts before he could bite it back. A dark flush overtakes his cheeks and he tries to hide it with the red scarf tied around his neck.

     "W-What I mean, um is that uh—" he stammers but Yixing cuts him off with a snort.

     "Of course you will, Joonmyun. You and Sehun are welcome back here anytime you wish. My home is yours!" Yixing assures and pinches Sehun's cheeks. He quickly leans closer to Joonmyun and places a brief kiss on his cheeks, pulling back with a small smile. "That's for taking care of me last night with the soup and tea. I really appreciate it."

     "N-No problem!" Joonmyun stammers again, clearly very stunned at the kiss he just received. Sehun and Luhan secretly high five before the pairs are waving farewell to each other and going their separate ways.

     Good heavens, that felt wonderful! Joonmyun dazedly wonders to himself as he and Sehun drive home.

 

 


[A/N] Hello! How are you guys! I know it's been more than two years and I'm so sorry that I've been in such a funk. I'm slowly starting to get back into my writing but I still feel little bit disjointed and I'm pretty sure it shows >.<

I really worked hard on these updates though so I hope they're good! This story may seem like it's moving a little fast and tbh, it is bc I feel like if I do too many things, it'll just get boring. So this story will probably be finished in maybe two or three more chapters?

I'm honestly saying that I have no ing clue when I'll update next but I hope it won't be as long as two years! (Shoooot meeee)

Thanks for reading! Comment; subs if you haven't and throw in an upvote while you're at it!

Until the next update, Lovelies~

 

소니아 (\_/)

 

P.S. Idk if anyone noticed, but when Sulay looked at each other and thunder roared in the bg, I was referencing the French expression coup de foudre which mean both a thunderbolt and a sudden, intense feeling of love! And yes, before you ask, I did get it from Miraculous Ladybug >.<

 

Follow Me? Tumblr | Insta & Snapchat: mxznster | Twitter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mini Bonus!

 

"Luhan! Luhan, wake up!" Sehun hisses, shaking awake the other boy who was snoring loudly.

     "Huh? I'm up! What happened, Sehun?" Luhan asks groggily as he sits up and sees the alarm on the other boy's face.

     "We fell asleep! We fell asleep when we were supposed to be doing the movie night plan! Now look at the time!" He whisper-shouts and angrily points to Luhan's Batman clock. The time reads 2:30 in the morning. Seeing this, Luhan's eyes snap open and he flings himself out of bed, nearly making Sehun fall off of it with the force.

     "Oh no! What are gonna do! That was supposed to be our brilliant plan!"

     "I don't know, but it's too late. Our dads probably went to bed a long time ago!" Sehun mutters, frowning to the floor. "We can come up with a new plan in the morning. But Luhannie, can you come with me downstairs to get some water? I'm scared to go by myself..."

     "Sure, Sehunnie! Let's go!" Luhan says and grabs the other boy's hand so they wouldn't lose each other. As they start to make their way down the stairs, Luhan stops mid step and plops down in shock. Sehun hasn't seen what Luhan has but sits down as well.

     "What is it? Is it a ghost?!"

     "No, Sehun! Look on the couch!" Luhan whispers and Sehun follows his pointed finger to see Yixing and Joonmyun fast asleep, a blanket wrapped around the both of them and their heads resting upon one another.

     "Oh m—" he starts to say in a rather loud voice but Luhan quickly clamps his hand on his mouth in fear that Sehun's loud voice would wake their fathers and ruin the picture perfect image. Wait, a picture!

     "Sehun, we have to take a picture of them!" He insists and runs to his dad's room to retrieve the man's cellphone that had been charging all this time. The two children quietly make their way down the stairs and stand in front of the scene before them.

     "It's even more beautiful up close," Sehun sniffles and mentally saves this image while Luhan brings up the camera on his dad's phone.

     "Okay, I think it should be easy to do this, right? We just press this button I think?" He assumes and Sehun shrugs so Luhan just positions the frame on the two sleeping adults and presses the button. Too bad the flash was on. A bright light engulfs the room and it startles the children but it also momentarily wakes up Yixing who's too disoriented to notice the boys dive behind the ottoman.

     Yixing groggily looks around until his eyes land upon Joonmyun's face not too far from his own and he reels back in shock. Sehun and Luhan watch from their hidden place as Yixing considers their positions. The two try not to jump for joy and scream when they see Yixing lay his head back down on Joonmyun's and snuggle into his arm. Once the coast is clear and they know both adults are well back into dreamland, the two boys run back upstairs in fits of giggles.

     They then spend the next twenty minutes trying to figure out how to send Chanyeol, Jongin and Baekhyun the picture until Sehun remembers trusty ol' Siri. They command Siri to send copies to Chanyeol and Jongin and figure Baekhyun will see them from Chanyeol's phone. Lastly, they delete the photo and place it right back where they found it as if nothing ever happened.

     The two boys slept peacefully the rest of the night as did their fathers.