Chapter 1

Surprise Birthday Party

Third POV

Ruby tosses and turns in her room when her alarm clock rang. Putting the blanket over her head she wishes that the ringing would stop. Still under the cover she tries to find her alarm just by using her right hand. Moving her hand around her side table she couldn't find the clock anywhere. Ruby groan and lift the blanet of herself, looking to her right side and press the button on the alarm to stop the ringing sound. Yawning, Ruby rub her eye and stretching her body as she got off the bed and went to the bathroom.

After she finish taking a shower and brush her teeth she got ready for school. Checking her phone she saw 'happy bithday' message from her family and friends but theirs was no message from her from her boyfriend. Thinking that her boyfriend want to tell her happy bithday in person she walk happliy to school.

Ruby POV

After 5 minutes of walk I see my college ahead and infront of the gate I see my brother and his group of friends with him.

"Gege!" I shouted as I ran toward him and  him a big hug.

"Happy Birthday Meimei/dongsaeng!" Yelled my brother and his friends

I pull out from the hug "Where's Lay gege?" I ask since I can't see him anywhere.

I can see that they don't know where he is since they were looking at each other and giving look to each other as if to see if any of them know where Lay is but they all just shrugs at each other until Suho oppa spoke up.

"We haven't seen him yet, maybe he's still at his house." Answer Suho being the most responsible one of them all.

"Oh really?" I said disappointed that I didn't get to see him yet. Noticing my reaction my brother pat my head.

"When he come I'll text you, okay?" My brother said as he pat my head once again. "Now-" looking at his watch he lift his head to look at me "I think your first period class is going to start soon you should get going." 

I gave a small smile to my brother. "Okay okay I'm leaving see you guys later" I said as I wave at them and start walking to the build. On my way to my classroom some of my classmate wish me a 'happy birthday' and I gave them a smile as I was saying 'thank you'.

When I got inside my classroom all of the student shouted happy birthday and start singing the birthday song. 

Looking around the classroom I see three of my best friend standing in front of the class while the rest of the students stand behind them, feeling touch that they're doing this for me that I feel tear welling up in the corner of my eye.  

"Awe guy thank you" I said as I ran to my three best friends and hug them. 

Patting my head My three best friend said "We just want to do something special for you!" 

I pull away from the hug with my best friend and look at the rest of the students in the class. Saying 'thank you' to everyone.  

The teacher start to walk into the classroom as ask the student to take a seat. 

During class the teacher was teaching. Some of the student was sleeping and some was just throwing a paper ball around. My friend Somi was poking my waist while I try to hold my laughter in. Turning my head toward her I poke her waist back and she start squirming around. She hold onto both of my hand and start tickling me instead. While playing around with Somi my phone vibrate in my pocket and I hold my hand up signing her that I gave up. Somi made a victory face and put her tongue out at me. Poking her waist one last time I put my tongue out at her also. 

Looking up at the teacher and seeing that she was still writing stuff on the board I took my phone out from my pocket and put it under my desk. Checking my teacher one last time I look under my desk and see the text that my brother sent.

'Lay text me that he's coming to school now, he went to the doctor.' Kris gege text me.

'Okay thanks gege' I replied back and put me phone away.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

RING. RING. RING. 

The bell signaling that it was the end of class. The teacher said 'have a great lunch' while we said the same thing back and bow at him. Putting my stuff in my backpack I see Yoon waiting for me. Standing up we hook our arm together and walk to the lunch room.

Me and Yoon seperate way since she's going to buy her lunch and I already have my mom homemade food. Going to the table that me, my friends, and exo seat I see some of my friends and the exo members there already. Walking over to my regular seat in the lunch table I see Lay gegethere already sitting across from my seat eating his food.

"Hi Lay-gege!" Seating on my seat I exclaim "I heard you were at the doctor this morning, what happen?" I ask giving him a question look.

"Hey Ruby," Lay said leaning over to give me a kiss on the forehead then he went back to sit down. After siting down he continue talking, answering my question. "Our family doctor's going on a vacation for a month and if I don't go today I have to wait unit next month to go to do the check-up." 

"Ahhh okay." I said giving him a thumb up. We continue talking about random things. After about ten minutes everyone was already at the table eating their food.

I almost finish my food and looking at Lay seeing him talking to D.O. 'Did he forgot my birthday?' I thought to myself while I stare at Lay and waiting for him to at least say happy birthday. A few minutes after everyone is finish eating the bell ring signaling for everyone to go back to class. Seeing that Lay isn't going to say 'happy birthday' to me I walk away and went to my classroom starting to get mad at him.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

RING. RING. RING.

Hearing the bell ring the teacher finish talking about his lesson. We all stand up and bow as he walk out. Still mad that Lay forgot about my birthday I shove my stuff into the backpack angrily. After finishing I walk out to see Lay waiting for me in front of my class room.

Trying to walk pass Lay without him noticing when he just HAVE to look up from his phone. *UGH SERIOUSLY! I almost got past him* thinking to myself.

Lay gave me one of his smile that he know I love because when ever he smile like that you can see his dimple that I just love so much. Squealing on the inside I try not to show it by just walking pass him. *Stay strong Ruby! Don't fall for his smile!* I thought to myself as I mentally faceplam myself since I know I'm going to fall for it sooner or later. 

Speed walking and mubbling to myself I didn't notice him following me until I feel someone grab my wrist. 

"Hey. Hey. Where are you going so fast like that for?" Lay ask me giving me his pouting face making me want to kiss his lip so much but no I can't- I'm mad at him!

"Just going home Lay Gege. I have a lot of homework to do. And I think you forgot what day it is, you know I'm really mad at you I can't believe that you forgot and until you figure it out don't call me or text me, okay? Bye gege." I said quickly not giving the chance to speak and run as fast as I can to where ever just not where he would figure out I would be. After running for about five minutes or so I saw a cute looking cafe and I decide to go in since I was thirsty. As I open the door to the cafe I look around and it gave you a homey feeling which clam me down. Going to the counter I order a bubble milk tea. 

"That would be 3,500 won please," Giving the counter guy the exact amount. "You're drink should be finish in two minutes." I nod my head and waited for the drink. While waiting for the drink a text message from Somi came saying that we should meet and go shopping together, I reply back with an okay since it was my birthday and MY BOYFRIEND forgot it so I wanted to take my mind away from him. Senting her the address of the cafe as she reply that she'll be here in 10 minutes. I replay with a okay and put my phone away as the counter guy gave me my drink.

After 10 minutes Somi came and we went out of the cafe to the shopping mall near by. About a 20 minutes walk.

We shop and shop until it was 6 pm (which is two hours later) and now we have about 5 bags for each of our hand (10 bags per person). Deciding that it was enough shopping for one day we decide to go back to our apartment (they live together). 

After we got into our apartment I took off my shoe and put it in there place since Somi hate messes. Feeling the the house was too dark I turn on the light to see a 'happy birthday' banner and ballon everywhere. Everyone jump up and yelled 'surprise' while I stand there shock.

Somi walk over to me and whisper into my ear "This was Lay idea. He never forgot that it was your birthday he just pretend so he can make you this surprise birthday party." After she told me that I look around for Lay and went to hug him. 

"Thank you so much Lay gege! I should have never doubted you or yell at you. I sorry. How can I make it up to you?" I said to him still hugging him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. 

"Well for starter-" he gave me a peck on the lip. "And... Hmmmmm.... You have to stay with me forever and never leave my side! Okay?" He ask me giving me a smile that is so big it reach his eye.

"Deal!" I said and gave him a passionate kiss. 

"GET A ROOM GUY!!!" All of our friend and my brother shouted.


I hope everyone like this story! I'm actually proud that I finally finish this story. There might be some or a lot of grammar mistake so I'm sorry for that. Please comment down below and give me some feed back! And thank you for subscribing~!!!!