The Second Mission: The Malevolent Dragon

Please Grant Me One Wish

Some coffee shop at Hongdae.

Lee Soohyun, 1/2 of brother-sister duo Akdong Musician, and current bff Lee Hayi, aka Lee Hi, were chilling in this chic coffee shop. They groaned because they were back to the YG dungeon again.

"Oppa had asked CEO-nim to give me solos while he'll be away," Soohyun complained. "I hope he keeps his promise to my oppa."

"I have to agree," Hayi sighed. "I hope Tablo-oppa will manage more of my albums again. I hope CEO-nim will also allow Tablo-oppa to help you. Or better yet, Hi Soohyun should have a second comeback."

The two girls sighed again. As the last of their fancy coffee were done, they headed back to YG Entertainment building.

****

There was a commotion inside YG Building because of Kwon Jiyong's new find. There was a new shop somewhere in Itaewon that sold tattoo-inspired t-shirts. Jiyong, popularly known as G-Dragon, had bought a blue t-shirt with a dragon design in it. The thing that stood out was the fact that, instead of being printed, the dragon was embroidered. The satin stitches looked really neat that it didn't look like embroidered from afar. There were also lots of gold threads used in the design, and one makeup noona complained that she didn't have patience with gold threads because they seem to have a mind of their own.

"You're living up to your name, Hyung," Daesung chimed to his hyung.

"I know!" GD beamed proudly.

TOP was eyeing the design while pursing his lips. He thought that the design looked good on a canvass, or maybe as a chair. Maybe he could make a chair design with the outcome of a dragon. It would look nice and would be a fine addition to his collection. Taeyang was smiling from ear to ear, and agreeing to whatever Seungri was saying about the shirt.

"Yahhhh, I could have a golden eagle tattoo embroidered on my sweater, would be cool, right Hyung?" Seungri said to Taeyang.

"Ne."

Meanwhile, Soohyun and Hayi saw the said t-shirt and gushed at its finesse. Must be expensive, Soohyun whispered to Hayi. 

Soon, the commotion cooled down, and the two girls headed to one of the workrooms in YGE.

****

YG talents are known to be pushed to their limits to gain an outcome, even if their company is already among the Top 3. Aside from their CEO's non-existent and twisted calendar of schedules, YG musicians are expected to bring out a song or an album that is of quality, something that will rise above in the Korean and international markets.

The two girls were brainstorming ideas about songs that they will be good for a comeback when their attention were led to four young women who passed by the door. BLACKPINK. They sighed again because YG is making use of the momentum while they have it to put Lisa, Jisoo, Rose, and Jennie to the spotlight for their November comeback. The two girls sighed again, hoping that they'd have a comeback next year too. Hayi said that, although she was happy for her collab with Epik High for the "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" OST, she still wished for a proper comeback.

Suddenly, the door busted open, and in came GD. The two girls were happy because the oppa would help them gain ideas for a comeback. However, they were startled that GD's eyes glowed fiery blue. He looked so angry that he came in and slammed the door shut, and hard.

"OPPA!" the two girls screamed.

But G-Dragon kicked the chairs, and the girls thought that the oppa wasn't in his right mind. They rushed towards the door, only to panic because the door was locked. Inside, GD continued making a disaster, with the two girls at the edge of their lives.

But the window blasted open as someone dashed in like mad. It was Yonghwa.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" the two girls screamed again.

Followed in Shinhye, making Soohyun faint.

"Soohyun-ah!" Hayi screamed on the verge of tears.

But Yonghwa wasn't having his sight on them. He was looking at G-Dragon.

"Both of us are dragons," Yonghwa said to GD, alluding to their names. 

But GD didn't say anything. Yonghwa wondered why the dragon, usually a benevolent creature in Korean myth and usually associated with agriculture and water, was one acting malevolently, like how dragons are viewed by the Western world. He shook his head as he rushed his right fist to his left palm.

"Match Fire!" he screamed, also surprised that he had came up with a name in a heartbeat.

G-Dragon breathed out fire to combat Yonghwa's, but the latter was swifter as he threw balls of fire at the YG artist. Soon, the two dragons were fighting against one another. 

Shinhye flew to the two girls and shielded them, with Hayi shaking in fear. Why is a white lady covering them from the fire?

Soon enough, G-Dragon was defeated, and he fainted. Yonghwa carried the YG artist and took him out, bringing him to a dressing room. Shinhye, meanwhile, hushed and comforted the crying Hayi, and told her everything's gonna be all right. Shinhye carried the unconscious Soohyun and let her sit comfortably on the chair, and brought another chair to elevate the legs.

"You'll be all right now," she told Hayi.

Hayi stopped crying and thanked Shinhye, but the grim reapper didn't reply. Instead, she snapped her finger at Hayi's face, making the soloist sleep in an instant.

By the time Yonghwa came in, Junhwan-hyungnim also came in by the window and clicked his tongue. The place was in a great mess, and they had to fix it, or people in YGE would have to blame it on the two girls. So, as if by magic, Junhwan and Shinhye fixed the place like what they did at Big Hit. Soon, the place was in order, and Junhwan also erased the memories of Hayi, Jiyong, and Soohyun.

"Ah, I will be going now," Junhwan said to Shinhye. "Haneunim punished me even further by having me play baduk with Him so as to sharpen my mind."

As the heavenly being stepped out of the window, Yonghwa looked at him. But Shinhye was looking at him from behind.

It was difficult matter to contain her heart because her love was so near but it felt that he was so far. It was so hard to keep her feelings at bay, and so hard that she had to keep on hoping that Yonghwa will love her and confess to her first. She was in her deep state of trance when Yonghwa turned to her.

"Gaja," he said softly, reaching out his palm.

Shinhye looked at his palm. It was calloused from years of playing the guitar and from household chores, and she really wanted to touch each scar. However, the fear of being left behind by a lover prevented her from holding out her hand.

"Shinhye-ssi?"

But still no reaction from her. So, Yonghwa grabbed her by the hand, much to her surprise, and they left the premises as they flew out of the window.

****

"Hyung!"

Jiyong woke up and stretched. And he fell out of his chair. When he looked up, he saw Seungri looking at him.

"Hyung, I have been calling you for like a hundred times already, and you didn't wake up."

"Huh?"

"We left you here because Youngbae-hyung said we will be grabbing some coffee, but when we got here, you are comfortably sleeping like a baby!"

Jiyong apologized as he wake up. He didn't know why he suddenly fell asleep, and he scratched his blue t-shirt. He grabbed the coffee that Seungri bought for him and exited the room with the maknae.

But no one realized that the embroidered dragon was no longer in the shirt.

****

"Eh???" Soohyun suddenly jolted awake.

Hayi stretched out her arms too and yawned, wondering why they were asleep. They were not into a head-aching brainstorming, but here they were, totally asleep.

"We were just talking and looking at BLACKPINK pass by," Hayi said. "What did just happen?"

"Molla."

****

"Something's wrong," Shinhye thought to herself as she realized that the dragon on G-Dragon's shirt was gone.

There must have been a mystical element somewhere here in Korea that was bringing out all the preternaturals and creating imbalance to the world. She had to find it while Yonghwa would spend time to increase his stamina because he might be fighting two creatures at the same time, or if not, in a span of two hours.

"Omo, I will be fetching a child tonight," she sadly thought as she flipped through her notes.

As she jumped off the tree to rush to her mision, Yonghwa looked at her from afar. He was inside Hani's room, accompanying his cousin, who was studying.

He let out a smile on his face, musing that the grim reaper is cute. He didn't understand what he was feeling, but it felt good to be with Shinhye.