The First Mission: The Gumiho

Please Grant Me One Wish

Annyeong, chingudeul? It's great to be back to writing YongShin fics! Sorry for taking this long... Here goes, the seventh chapter.

~~~~

Yonghwa was sitting on the roof of the house that afternoon, looking at his right fist. This was the fist that was going to light up his hand and give him superpowers. He was busy contemplating on giving a name for his power that he did not notice Shin Hye angrily talking with Junhwan-hyungnim over the phone. She was perched on a nearby tree, angry at the hyungnim's recent mistakes. Dasom, Hani, and now Jong Hyun.

"Aiiii, you don't have to shout at me, Shin Hye-ya," Junhwan-hyungnim begged at the other heavenly line.

As of the moment, Haneunim punished Junhwan-hyungnim by having him eat heavenly peanuts. Just to improve his memory.

"I wiped Jong Hyun's memory of you, as well as that of Dasom. Shall I go ahead with Hani's too?" Hyungnim asked.

"No, we need Hani," Shin Hye said in relief, finally happy that Dasom and Jong Hyun's memories are wiped out. "But then, you have to do the same with Kang Min Hyuk and Lee Jung Shin, as it's obvious as day that Jong Hyun had told them about me."

"Arasseo, arasseo, now don't be angry with Hyungnim, arasseo?"

"Ne, just... please don't make it hard for me," Shin Hye sighed, looking at Yong Hwa's way.

Hyungnim, who had watched from heaven up above, saw her wistfully staring at the ingan.

"Omo, don't tell me... you've fallen for him?"

"A long time ago," Shin Hye confessed without really minding that she had spilled her beans.

~~~~

Big Hit Entertainment.

Boy group BTS just finished their dance practice when their leader, Rap Monster, informed them to go ahead because he'd be having something to discuss with Bang PD. As Kim Namjoon, RapMon's real name, left the studio, the eldest, Kim Seokjin, gathered all the dongsaengs so they can go out.

"Ya, Jimin-ah, we're leaving," Jung Hoseok, aka J-Hope, informed another member.

"Ne, Hyung. Just go ahead without me," Park Jimin said to the rapper.

"Is Hyung sure?" the maknae of the group, Jun Jungkook, asked the hyung.

"Of course, Jun Jungkookie," Jimin replied with a smile as he wrapped his arms around the maknae and even tried to shower him with kisses.

"Aish, Hyung!" Jungkook protested.

"We'll be going now," Kim Taehyung, aka V, informed Jimin.

"Don't complain that we left you here," Min Yoongi, aka Suga, bluntly told the dongsaeng.

"Gwaenchanha, Hyung," Jimin assured the hyungs. "I will be all right here. I just need to perfect some dance moves we practiced earlier."

"I'll be practicing at home," Jungkook said.

"Na do," Taehyung affirmed.

As soon as the other members left, Jimin sighed. He could finally have the space and the peace to practice. And he began to practice some flips he had done this evening. It was a good thirty minutes when the door to the studio opened, and Jimin turned around, thinking that Namjoon had returned and had just forgotten his bag.

"But Hyung just left with his bag," Jimin thought.

To his surprise, it was one of the makeup artists, particulary, the makeup artist who did Hoseok's style the other day.

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Noona?" Jimin greeted with his usual merry expression.

To his surprise, the makeup artist closed and locked the door, making Jimin perplexed. The noona was not the pretty one that will make boys turn her way, but she had a cute face that make the guys comfortable around her.

"Still practicing, Jiminnie?" the makeup artist asked, calling Jimin in a cute name.

"Ah, ne," Jimin replied, laughing awkwardly. He did not know why the noona came to him at this time of night, and in this place. Unless... "Does Noona need anything from me?"

To his utter surprise, the noona untangled her hair and shook her head to loosen up her hair. Jimin felt something swelled up inside of him, and it made him gulp all the more. The makeup artist walked to him, locking Jimin in her gaze. Finally, the noona trapped Jimin against the wall.

"Uh... Noona?" Jimin asked.

Soon, he felt her hot breath against his neck, and he felt her head against his broad shoulder, her hands groping his muscular arms.

"I like Jimin-ssi a lot," the noona confessed in a whisper which made Jimin's breathing pattern erratic, and making his heartbeat faster.

"N...Noona... I..." Jimin replied, but no words could go out of his mouth.

Soon, he felt her lips on his neck... and then her nails on his arms. But instead of the sensation being pleasurable, Jimin screamed at the top of his voice. The nails dug deeply that it felt like he was stabbed.

"Ahhhh, that's it, Jiminnie, scream for Noona," the makeup artist whispered at him.

"Please help me! Namjoon-hyung!" Jimin screamed for help, hoping that Namjoon had heard him. As he looked down his arm, there was blood.

And when the makeup artist pushed him down the floor, it was when Jimin saw the truth: 9 tails flowed from the back of the makeup artist.

"G-g-g-gu-gumiho!" Jimin screamed, thinking it was the end of him.

He knew that most gumihos hide behind the countenance of fair maidens. This one was different. Though the noona had a cute face, she had very ordinary fashion. But he had to admit she looked pretty when she let her hair down. Too bad she's a monster.

"Namjoon-hyung!" Jimin screamed in fright again.

The makeup artist laughed at his plight and cajoled him. Jimin can scream all he wants, but Kim Namjoon can never hear him because Namjoon and Bang PD were extremely busy discussing some things.

All of a sudden, the door of the studio blasted with fire. Jimin and the makeup artist turned to look, but it made Jimin scared all the more.

"Eomma!" Jimin screamed in excessive fright.

In came Yonghwa from the door, his right fist burning with flame. Behind him floated Shinhye.

"So, this is my first mission, huh?" was Yonghwa's serious tone.

"Ne," was Shinhye's laconic answer.

"Omo! What's a fairy doing here?" the makeup artist asked, glancing a look at Shinhye. She was amused to see someone floating, and she thought she was the only preternatural around.

Jimin looked at the two people in front of him. He could definitely see Shinhye and Yonghwa, and it added to his fright all the more. But Yonghwa did not waste time. He blasted fire upon the gumiho, but the gumiho protected herself with the power. As the fire was extinguished, Shinhye told Yonghwa to not give up. He turned to her and saw some kind of hope in her eyes, and he knew that she believed in her.

If this was the mission he was given, he had to give his all. The gumiho was one of the most feared creatures in Korean culture, and Yonghwa thought he'd never see one.

"Your fire is weak," the gumiho taunted him.

"Shut up!" Yonghwa cursed at her.

As the gumiho swayed her tail to attack Yonghwa, he placed his fist on his left palm and lit up his fist like that of a matchstick. Shinhye, meanwhile, approaced Jimin and shielded him from the battle. She placed her body in front of the young man and spread her arms, forming a barricade.

"N...nuguseyo?" Jimin asked weakly. But the grim reaper did not reply to the young man.

The battle did not last long, for Yonghwa realized he can manipulate his fire with his mind. He let his fire expand and consume the gumiho to bits, and all that was left were sparkles that disappeared in thin air.

After the battle, Yonghwa approached Shinhye, who was busy attending to Jimin's wounds.

"Gwaenchahnayo?" Yonghwa asked the dancer.

"Aniyo..." Jimin replied with a groan. The wound was so deep that it needed stitches.

"Let's bring him to the hospital," Yonghwa suggested in worry, his voice almost in a state of panic. He could not bear to see the blood on the arms.

But Shinhye had other ideas. She grabbed a hanky from the pocket of her skirt and began to wipe the blood off Jimin's arm. After cleaning both arms, Jimin realized his wounds had been healed.

"Noona, gomawoyo," Jimin replied merrily, though with some hints of exhaustion. And to Yonghwa, "Hyung, gomawoyo."

"Be careful next time," Yonghwa informed Jimin.

~~~~

"Jimin?"

Jimin woked up to see Namjoon staring worriedly at him.

"Hyung!" was the younger man's startled screaming.

"You okay?" Namjoon asked.

Jimin looked around. Why was he here, by the way? Oh, to practice. It suddenly occurred to him that he was hungry, so that's maybe why he passed out.

"Hyung, did you hear my stomach growl?" Jimin asked, holding his stomach.

"Ani," Namjoon replied. "Seriously Jimin, you really got no jams."

He assisted the dongsaeng in getting up and told him they'd hurry home to eat. The two turned off the lights of the studio and went home. Meanwhile, from the outside of the building, Shinhye sighed.

"Good thing that Jun-hyungnim answered to my text message," she informed Yonghwa. "We could not risk having Park Jimin reveal about us, so Hyungnim have to erase Jimin-ssi's memory and make him remember of his hunger."

"So, what about the gumiho?" Yonghwa asked her.

"They will not remember that she even existed in the company," was her grim reply.

~~~~

Shinhye and Yonghwa flew from Big Hit Entertainment back to the house. They perched on a tree outside Hani's room (which really was Yonghwa's room) and watched as the maiden did her homework earnestly.

"My cousin is all grown up," Yonghwa sighed happily. He never realized that the girl whom he carried in piggybacks before is now studying in university. 

"She'll fall in love someday too," Shinhye told him.

Yonghwa turned to her and comfortably asked. 

"How about Shinhye-ssi? Do angels fall in love?"

An invisible splash of cold water hit Shinhye on the face. She froze in place, unable to utter a thing. Had.... Yonghwa learned of her secret?

"Omo, you must have a special someone!" Yonghwa , smiling mischievously.

That boyish charm was something she couldn't resist, but Shinhye had to keep her cool. Following Heaven's order was the first thing, her feelings come last.

"First of all, I am not an angel," Shinhye corrected him. "I am a grim reapper. And I am your facilitator in doing your mission. Love life..."

And she halted. Yonghwa raised his eyebrows in anticipation. What about love life?

"You have fallen in love already, have you not?" he asked.

Shinhye cringed inside. Why did that question have to come from the person she had fallen in love with? The mission would have been easier had she not fallen in love with Yonghwa.

"Love life is the least of my concerns right now," she furiously told him.

"Whoah whoah! Don't get so angry at me, Shinhye-ssi," Yonghwa replied with his smile. "It was a harmless question."

"Harmless, huh?!" Shinhye thought. Like he was purposely trying to pluck her heart out of her chest and trying to dig in to find whom she loves.

"Grim reapers fall in love too, but certain conditions must be met," she informed him.

"Like what?" he asked.

"It's a classified information," she replied.

"Well, you grim reapers must have been betrothed to angels in Heaven, it seems," Yonghwa commented matter-of-factly. "It is just like here on Earth, how pretty girls end up with handsome guys, or how the women from affluent families end up being married to sons of chaebols."

Shinhye rolled her eyes. It isn't like that. Love knew no bounds, but it is not even easy as it seems. She wished she had just followed Namjoon and Jimin to the dorm to see how the boys lived their lives instead of listening to Yonghwa talk about love.

 

From inside her room, Hani rested her eyes. She fixed her gaze up the tree and saw Yonghwa and Shinhye talking, with Shinhye being in a foul mood.

"Eonni, your expression is very readable," she mused. "Eonni must have a crush on Yong-oppa."

With that thing in mind, Hani continued watching the two, forgetting her homework for the meantime.

 

~~~~

Up next, another mission.