There's A Trace Of You

Please Grant Me One Wish

Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun? ^_^

So, yeah, thank you so much for all your comments. As I had mentioned in my description, I took my inspiration from "Yuyu Hakusho," but there will be no Koenma-sama who will throw tantrums while his pacifier. Also, I may not make the other CN Blue members into the likes of Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei. And no, Junhwan-hyungnim (Shin Hye's manager in real life, aka Manager Jun) is not Genkai or Koenma-sama here, or even George. He is like Scheduler-seonbaenim (the Scheduler ajumma) in "49 Days." And there will be no collecting of 3 tears of pure love. I will try to incorporate something like in "49 days" but let me see how.... Hmmm....

Anyway, here goes for the 4th chapter. ^_^

****

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye slipped through the roof and down the ceiling of the Lee residence. Jong Hyun's appa was in the kitchen, preparing dinner. Meanwhile, because they could not be seen, Shin Hye and Yong Hwa just walked past him easily without hesitation.

But two dogs barked. Tan and Shiro.

Yong Hwa felt some anxiety when the two dogs barked at him, and Jong's appa turned to the dogs.

"Mwoya, Tan-i and Shiro-ya?" he asked.

But the dogs were barking into space. Jong's appa could not understand why the dogs were barking at the wall.

"Shin Hye-ssi, what are we gonna do?" Yong Hwa asked in fright.

Shin Hye, still solemn, put her index finger next to her lips as if to hush the dogs. Tan and Shiro whimpered and kept silent.

"Ah, the two of these must be hungry now," Appa said with a smile. "Geokjeongma, Tan and Shiro, nae adeuri will feed you later."

And the dogs scampered around the house as if nothing happened. Yong Hwa heaved a sigh of relief after the dogs went away.

"From now on, please speak comfortably at me," Shin Hye informed Yong Hwa, who was watching the dogs run away.

Yong Hwa turned to her and smiled. "Ne."

"Ttara wa (follow me)," Shin Hye said to him.

****

In Jong Hyun's room, the three guys were watching a DVD of "Yuyu Hakusho" movie, the second one. The part was when Urameshi Yusuke caught Botan in his arms after the latter flew away from Reikai, battered from the lightning and wet from the flood.

"Botan is cute," Jong Hyun said. "I know many will disagree with me, but I like Botan with Yusuke better."

"But Yusuke is for Keiko," Jung Shin reasoned out.

"And I like Botan for Kurama," Min Hyuk said.

"But I like Kurama for Hiei," Jung Shin retorted at Min Hyuk.

"Whatever. I like Botan for Yusuke," Jong Hyun finished.

Dasom was with them because the guys were her friends too. But instead of concentrating on the movie, she had worries to deal with. Something was going at the back of her mind that it was hard not to ignore it. After all, after the breakup, the memories are still fresh.

"Ya, Dasom-ah, gwaenchanha?" Min Hyuk asked.

Dasom turned to him and gave him a half-smile. She was still worried, but seeing Yong Hwa's friends not being worried made her keep her thoughts to herself.

And it was when Tan and Shiro came in from the kitchen. The two dogs were barking, but following after them were Yong Hwa and Shin Hye.

"O, Tan-ah, Shiro-ya, baegopa?" Jong Hyun asked his dogs. They must be hungry, he thought.

But the dogs kept on barking. Dasom wrapped her arms around her and shivered. She looked distraught too.

"Something, wrong, Dasom-ah?" Jung Shin asked.

Dasom looked at the wall where the dogs were barking at. She sensed something that none of the guys could sense.

"Mwoya?" Jong Hyun asked, now starting to get scared as well.

"D-d-don't tell me there's a ghost in this room!" Min Hyuk shuddered.

"Ani... ani... " Dasom said. "I just felt... someone."

The guys were getting scared out of their wits and had not concentrated on the screen. In the movie, Kuwabara was dancing to ballet and running around when Keiko told him that Yukina was in the room where Botan was confined.

"N-nugu?" Jung Shin asked.

"Jung Yong Hwa," Dasom said.

And Jong Hyun asked her.

"So. Jung Yong Hwa is not the new guy in town?" he asked.

"Ani..." Dasom said. "How can I explain this. It's difficult because... because..."

But she could not explain. And the dogs stopped barking.

****

"Shhhh," Shin Hye hushed the dogs once again.

"Could it be that Dasom could see me?" Yong Hwa asked her.

"Ani, but it seems that she could feel you," she told him.

And they listened to Dasom's explanation. Or lie.

"Mianhae... I think it's just me getting crazy because of Yong Hwa breaking up with me," Dasom said. "Must be my imagination."

The guys heaved a sigh.

"Break up?" Jong Hyun asked. "Dasom-ah, we've been close friends. Did you date secretly? Should we call Dispatch?"

But Dasom slapped his bicep.

"Aya!" Jong Hyun screamed.

Min Hyuk paused the movie and turned to Dasom.

"How come we never knew you were dating?"

Dasom sighed in exasperation.

"I don't understand why the three of you could not even remember him!"

"Remember?" Jung Shin asked innocently. "Nugu? Jung Yong Hwa?"

But Dasom bit her lips and started to cry. What was wrong with the world? How come no one remembered him?

"Dasom-ah, as far as we are concerned, we did not miss anything. Our lives are still ordinary and going to be ordinary," Jong Hyun said.

"Dasom-ah, you must had a very strange and vivid dream last night, geokjeongma," Min Hyuk said as he wrapped his arms around her for a power hug.

"Ani... ani..." she replied hopelessly in tears. It was evident that the guys were taking her words for dreams.

And Yong Hwa turned to Shin Hye.

"I think I cannot move on," he told her. "Dasom-ah could not even forget about me. How can I fight off preternaturals if there is someone worrying about me?"

Shin Hye heaved a sigh. "That is none of my concern. You just have to toughen yourself up and put off worrying. You have your new powers to worry about."

"You're so mean," he told her. "Jugullae?"

"And how are you going to do that? I am a grim reaper, remember?" she nonchalantly replied.

Yong Hwa grimaced. She was right. But how could he make Dasom see him so that she could convince the guys that he's alive and not to be forgotten.

"Why are you bringing me here, anyway?" he asked her.

"So you'll see Dasom," she said, even though her heart ached when she said that.

"Will she be crying for me to come back, or cry for me so that others can remember me?"

"It's not something that I can speak of," Shin Hye said. "I just want to give you a proof that Dasom is not the only one who can sense you, not only the dogs."

Good thing that Tan and Shiro could not talk. Otherwise, they're really going to flip Jong Hyun's brain.

"Jib-e gaja," Shin Hye said. They really have to go home now.

Yong Hwa could not understand why Shin Hye was bringing him to Jong Hyun's house. But to Shin Hye, in reality, she also wanted him to see last of his beloved and to put his attention to Shin Hye, so that he could fall in love with her without her confessing her love first.

****

Hani was in Yong Hwa's room, lying on the bed and listening to her playlist on her phone.

And the door opened wide, and Hani screamed at the top of her voice.

 

~~~~~

What happened to Hani?