Chapter 2

Fallen Angel

"You are dismissed."

As soon as these words exited the instructor's mouth, the students started packing their stuff. Chanyeol let out a sigh. "If he hadn't stopped talking just that moment, I could've stood up and screamed at him to shut up." He sounded really pissed off. Sungyeol just sighed and started packing his stuff too.

A few seconds later, a bunch of students-mostly girls-gathered around him. Some just eyed him and giggled shyly, and some others started asking questions. Sungyeol answered all of them politely and with a small smile on his lips. But his mind was somewhere else. He would glance at the students in front of him, then stare at a particular student at the farthest corner of classroom.

His hair was dyed in a bright red, he had pale skin, rather small eyes and chubby cheeks. His cute face resembled a hamster in many ways. He was dressed in dull-colored clothes, and his face was strangely sad. He didn't seem curious about Sungyeol at all, nor eager to go out of the classroom, as he was packing his books really slowly. His eyes met Sungyeol's only once, and Sungyeol found them void of any emotion. It made a chill run down his spine.

Once all the students were gone, he let out a sigh. Everyone was gone, except Chanyeol. Even the red-haired guy was gone by then. Sungyeol turned to Chanyeol with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry to make you wait so long. You must be starving now."

Chanyeol grinned, showing him most of his pearly white teeth. "No big deal, buddy. You're going to make it up to me someday." Then the two of them started laughing while making their way out of the classroom.

That day, they had lunch with Chanyeol and his friends, and Sungyeol found them so much fun to hang around. All of them were like Chanyeol himself, always laughing and fooling around, and they welcomed Sungyeol so warmly that he felt like he'd known them for years. Baekhyun, Chen and Xiumin were the most fitted friends for Chanyeol, and most likely for Sungyeol himself.

Even though he tried to focus on Chen's rather lame jokes and Baekhyun mocking Chanyeol's deep voice, his mind couldn't help but to go back to that red-haired boy. He could clearly remember his eyes, his gaze, his face. He already felt a connection with that guy.

'I wonder if he's one of those six. I'll have to ask Luhan and Jiyeon later.' He thought and swallowed his last mouthful of food.

He saw the boy in his next class too. He really wanted to go and talk to him, but Chanyeol started a conversation with him, and he just couldn't interrupt the hyper guy's speech. So he just kept eyeing him, trying to read his expressionless face. It was obvious that the guy had noticed his stares, because he had his head down most of the time and when he looked up, he looked anywhere but his direction.

'He must not like attention, or maybe he's just shy. Maybe he doesn’t like strangers and newcomers.'

"Hey Yeolie, are you even listening to me?" said Chanyeol and traced Sungyeol's gaze with his own, and Sungyeol didn't miss the look of disgust on his face upon realizing who he was looking at.

"Were you staring at this freak all the time?" Chanyeol turned to him, face as hard as a stone. It was so different from his grinning face, it was a little scary. Sungyeol gulped and tried to hide his nervousness with an awkward chuckle.

"Well, yes. What's so wrong with looking at him?"

"He's not even worthy of your gaze, Sungyeol. He's an utter loser."

Sungyeol closed his eyes for a second. Now he was sure that he was the one. But now, how should he be helped?

"Umm… I see. But why?"

Chanyeol took a deep breath.

" I don’t know what exactly happened to make him like this. But Sunggyu wasn’t popular to begin with. There were only one or two people who talked to him, but I guess he fell for a girl. Turned out that he confessed, and she rejected him badly. He hasn’t actually talked to anyone after that. Even those few people stopped talking to him. Now he's all alone and he runs away from people. I don’t know why, but nobody wants to befriend him."

Sungyeol nodded with a frown on his face, and stared at the table in front of him.

'So, approaching him must be hard. Other than that, how am I gonna make others befriend him? Only if I hadn't made that mistake…'

He put his head on the table and started pulling at his hair rather harshly. He was close to the tears, when someone tapped his shoulder.

"Yeollie?!..."

Chanyeol was staring at him with wide eyes. Sungyeol raised his head and gave him a forced smile.

"It's nothing. I'm just tired."

"Oh. We all are tired. You'll get used to that." Chanyeol let out a sigh.

"I have to get used to this whole world…" Sungyeol murmured.

"What? Did you say something?" Chanyeol gave him a weird look.

"No. I was just complaining."

"But I heard something strange."

"Umm…You must've heard wrong."

"But-"

Before Chanyeol could question him further, the instructor entered the class, silencing all the noise in the class. Chanyeol gave him another weird look, but didn’t ask him anything.

Sungyeol also shifted his attention to the board, in hopes of forgetting about that boy and his mistake, even for a mere hour.

 

 

 

A/N : Soooo… long time no update ._. I'm just so busy with university and the fact that I'm working part-time doesn’t help my updates as well -_-

Anyways, here's chapter 2 for you.

I really like Sungyeol and Chanyeol's friendship *-* What about you? ;)

 

Please comment, they are great motivations for me ^_^