Changes

Hermes

Yuri woke up with a grudge for that Khun guy. Not only stole her prize that night, but he also stole her first kiss. She might look y, and everyone thought that she had at least a boyfriend, but she never had one. She was too picky. She didn't want her life ended up like her mother's life. Her real mother. Her mother picked the wrong man to be with her, she chose the unfaithful one. His father cheated with his secretary. They divorced when Yuri was 4 years old and her father married again with his secretary who already had a son with him. Until now, she didn't even know where her mother was. That Khun guy stole her first kiss and she didn't like it. But, she couldn't forget it. Suddenly she didn't have the spirit to leave her room. 

"Yuri-ah, wake up. You should eat."she could hear her stepmom's voice came out from the outside. She dragged herself and went to the dining room. 

She didn't find her half brother in the dining room. She gladly sat and ate her breakfast. Her stepmom sat across her and looked at her. 

"Your brother won again. But he wasn't home yet. He didn't answer his phone either. Would you go and find him?" asked her stepmom slowly. Yuri stopped eating and looked at her deeply. She could see bags under her eyes. She seemed so tired. Yuri was sure that her stepmom waited for him to come home all night. She was somehow feel sorry for her. She slowly nodded and gave her a smile. Her stepmom smiled brightly and ate her food. 

She drove a SUV to the nightclub that already closed. Yuri tried to find him in that club, but unfortunately he didn't celebrate his victory in that club. She drove to another club, but the result remained the same. She drove round Seoul to find him in nightclubs but none. She started to worry until she got a call from her half brother, Kris. 

"Yah, can you pick me up? I'm still having my hangover."she could hear him mumbling through the phone. 

"Where the hell are you? Your mother stayed all night just to wait for you to get home!"Yuri yelled to his irresponsible brother. Kris hushed her and laughed. 

"You don't have to yell like that. I know, I know, she called my phone all night. I guess I'm in this hotel in Gangnam district."Kris mumbled. 

She stepped on the gas pedal as she drove to the Gangnam district. Yuri knew he probably just slept with a random girl. After she parked her car at the basement in the hotel, she stepped out from the car and went to the lift. When the lift was opened, Kris quickly went out from the lift. 

"Yah! You should-"Yuri was cut off as Kris shut with his hand. 

"Shut up, will you? Hurry, where's the car? The girl that I slept with try to chase me."Kris said as he looked around to find the SUV car. Yuri bit his hand and gave him a deadly glare. 

"It's right there-", "Let's go!"he said as he dragged her to the car. He was about to step into the driver seat until she pulled him. 

"You are still drunk, I'll drive."she said as she stepped into the driver seat and put the key into the ignition. She couldn't believe that she helped her stepmom and half brother. She even worried about the two of them. She usually didn't care about Kris and his mom, she would give various of reasons not to help them. Sometimes, she thought that they were the victims of her father's ego, just like herself. If his father had been a faithful man to her mother, her stepmom wouldn't had married with her father and maybe wouldn't have a son like Kris.  

"Yah! Focus on driving, it's not the right time to have a deep thought."Yuri snapped from her deep thought when Kris said that. She took a deep breath and and sighed deeply.

"You know, yesterday I won again. And I saw this beauti-", "I don't care, Kris."Yuri cut his words as she looked at the road. Kris used to be this kind man, but then he won his first race and suddenly he changed into a jerk. He was 2 years older from her, and yet he became this irresponsible man. 

After they arrived at home, his mother was happy and let his mistake sliped away. His mother already prepared a celebration for his arrival. Yuri was jealous with Kris. Sometimes, she dreamed to have a mom like he had. She wished her family would be complete like when she was young. Yuri wished her father was a faithful man. But in reality, he wasn't faithful to her mom. He used to be this loving father ever to her. If she had a bad dream, he would stay beside her till morning. Her father changed alot since he was caught cheating with her stepmom. Now, her father put his priority at Kris in his racing career and his work. He even ordered Yuri to study in mechanical engineering so she could help Kris in car repairing. The national race wasn't cheap. You had to pay to join the race. If you won, it would cover all the money you spent for the race. His father had to work hard to pay the fee for the race. He did all for Kris. But Kris didn't even feel grateful for his father's hardwork and spend all the prize from the race for parties and girls. 

The small celebration wasn't good at all. All her stepmom did was boosting her son. Yuri decided to stay at her room and prepared her mental to be the first in the midnight race. She needed consentration to win the race. She didn't want her jealousy distracted her. But she ended up thinking about the man who stole her first kiss. He, that Khun guy, probably a jerk like Kris. She didn't want to face another jerk like her half brother. If he dare to come again, I will beat his .

The alarm rang, it was already midnight. She quickly got up and changed her clothes. It was the time for the illegal racing.

"Yul-ah! Are you ready? I think than y Khun guy aren't here. Maybe he afraid of you,"Yoona said to girl in the driver seat. Yuri raised her eyebrows and smirked. It was her opportunity to take her first place once more. She didn't have to worry about losing, she was sure she would win. 

"Of couse I ready. I'm here to win for both of us, right?"Yuri smiled at her bestfriend. Yoona smiled and nodded, "Good luck!". I don't need luck, I need my talent.

The engine heated as she continuously stepped on the gas pedal. She couldn't feel the air conditoner anymore, the air felt hot. The same girl with a scarf stepped into the track and stood infront of the cars. She raised her scarf and released it, signaling that the race just began. Yuri quickly stepped on the gas and changed the gear. She slipped her way to the front. She stepped on the brake and turned the steering wheel to the left as the car took the sharp turn. She did the same thing as she drove through the unstable road. She managed to get the first place, her home. Everything might changed, but not her talent. Her talent kept growing and growing as she drove a car. The first place was her place, her destiny. 

 


hi-ya! It's been a long time since I updated it last year hahaha

anyway, I hope you can enjoy it 

If you like it, good then! Mission accomplished hahaha

bye-bye, love y'all :););)