Prologue

Hermes

Nichkhun looked at a picture on the wall. His father, proudly raised his trophy in 1st place. Since he was young, his father always filled his mind with cars, race, and trophy. He used to attend his father's big race with his mother and younger sister, Sunny. His father might be from Thailand, but he was the South Korea's top racer. Nichkhun always loved to hear his father's story about how it felt to be in the car with full speed. He also loved to see his father on the racing suit. His father always said that he would continue the journey of Horvejkul family as a racer. He had the potential, his father said.

But one accident turned it upside down. When he was 16, his father failed and moved into the 2nd place. A boy around his age took the 1st place. Nichkhun was sure that his father could take his 1st place next year, but his father's performance got low every year. And finally his father decided to quit the racing world forever. 

"Oppa! The dinner's ready!"a girl shouted from the kitchen. Nichkhun sighed heavily, "I'm coming!".

Nichkhun sat on the chair across his father as someone put his plate infront of him. He inhaled at the samgyeopsal, "This looks so good, who's the chef today?". 

"Hmm... Me!" Sunny exclaimed. He nodded slowly and smiled. The dinner turned into a comfortable silence. But not for Nichkhun. He swallowed hard before he spoke.

"Appa... May I be a racer?"he asked slowly. His father looked intensely to his son and laughed.

"Don't make that kind of joke, son. You know it's one of the sensitive topics for my ears,"he said between his laugh. Nichkhun looked at his food.

"Ani, it's not a joke. I want to become a racer, Appa."he muttered, wishing he didn't ask that from the first. His father's laugh disappeared suddenly.

"Why do you want to be a racer? to mock me? huh?"his voice raised immediately. He raised from his chair and hit the dining table, "I can't let you to mock me like that! I'm your father!".

His mother stood and touched her husband's shoulder, "Yeobo, don't be like that. You're already aged, I don't want to see you like this. Let Nichkhun do it,"she tried to calm him down.

His father laughed sarcastically, "Now my wife decides to make a good joke. I don't want to see my son having the same fate as I did. No way."he shouted. 

"I won't, Appa. Please let me to be a racer,"Nichkhun spoke up. His father looked at him disbelieved.

"When I said no, that means no! And will always be no!"his father shouted. 

"Appa, He can do it."Sunny said slowly. "I'm sure he will be the best racer, more that you, Appa. Won't you proud of him if he can pull that off?".

His father took a spoon and threw it to the wall behind Sunny, "How dare you say that to me! It's a no, okay!"

Sunny sobbed quitely and ran upstairs as Nichkhun stood, "You said that I could be a racer when I was young. You filled my mind with all the racing thing but now you don't let me become one?". 

His father sighed and walked away. His mother went to Nichkhun and hugged him.

"Don't listen to your appa, arasseo? Do what you want to do, I'm sure you can do it."she said slowly. His mother broke the hug and walked after his father. Nichkhun went upstairs and walked to Sunny's room.

"Sunny-ah, open the door, will you?"he said as he knocked at the door. The door slowly opened, revealing her room. She was such a great interior designer. She designed her own room nicely. Sunny also helped him designing his room. They might not looked similar, but she was his sister after all. She might look cheerful everyday, but she was actually mushy. That made him wanted to protect her, included from his father rage. 

"You shouldn't say that to appa,"he said as he walked into the room. He could see Sunny sitting on the corner of the room. She covered her face and curled up. He laughed and walked to her. He sat beside her and put his arm around her shoulders.

"But thanks for the help."he said. Sunny put her head on his shoulder and sighed. "I think I made it harder for you after I said that,"

Nichkhun laughed and stood up. "No, you aren't,". He pulled her up and brought her to the bed, "You should sleep now, good night."he said as he ruffled her hair. 

After he closed the door, he could hear his parents arguing. He hated to hear them arguing, but he couldn't do anything. His mother might be right, he could what he wanted to do. He was adult already, he could make his own decision. He could be responsible for his choice. He could beat the past. His father past. He determined to be a racer.

 


 

hey it's lolm99 :):):)

the first chapter kyaaa~ 

It's so short right? 

anyway, if you like it, subscribe:):)