What If He Likes Your Best Friend?

The What Ifs in my Mind

Pairing: ChanSooBaek

Genre: Angst, Romance, Cheating

Length: 1,610 words

 

It was a chilly night when Kyungsoo met Chanyeol at the party of Jongdae, his close friend. Kyungsoo was sitting at the doorstep of Jongdae’s house, drinking soda when Chanyeol noticed him. The tall man approached Kyungsoo and sat down beside him. Kyungsoo jumped a little at the sudden approach. Chanyeol gave him his billion dollar smile and Kyungsoo returned the smile. They were silent for a couple of minutes.

“What’s your name? I’m Park Chanyeol, by the way,” Chanyeol asked as he looked at the person sitting beside him.

“I’m Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you, Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo smiled and showed his right hand, waiting for Chanyeol to shake it. The latter did and smiled.

~ O ~

It’s been three months since Chanyeol and Kyungsoo met and all they did was texting because Chanyeol was studying in Busan while Kyungsoo was studying in Seoul. They never met with each other again but they still communicate through the phone. Kyungsoo thought that it was time to tell his seven years best friend about Chanyeol. He called his best friend who was also living in Busan.

“Hello?” Baekhyun answered his phone.

“Hi, Baekkie! What are you doing?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Nothing. I’m just lying down. It’s a good thing that you called me. Now tell me, is there something bothering you?”

“Nope but… guess what?”

“What?”

“I think… I’m in love!” Kyungsoo announced excitedly.

“….. Okay?”

“Okay? That’s all you can say?”

Baekhyun chuckled. “I’m sorry. It’s just that, it’s my first time to hear you say that you’re in love. So, who’s the girl?”

“He’s a guy and I’m not yet telling you his name.”

“But why?”

“Because we’re not officially dating yet and Jongdae kept pestering me and telling me that my crush is a flirt and an but I think that he isn’t. I mean, he’s sweet and he’s willing to wait for me.”

“You’re whipped. Do you know that?”

“No, and I don’t really care. I hope that I can meet him again, Baekkie,” Kyungsoo sighed.

“Of course, you will. Soon,” Baekhyun reassured.

Kyungsoo smiled. “Okay then. I gotta go now, Baekkie. I’ll talk to you soon. And you better tell me if you’re dating someone so that I could fly to Busan.”

“Sure sure. See you soon. Bye, Soo.”

And they both hung up. Kyungsoo was back to texting Chanyeol again.

~ O ~

After a month, Kyungsoo noticed that Chanyeol wasn’t texting him anymore and that made Kyungsoo worried. Whenever Kyungsoo calls, Chanyeol will just tell him that he’s studying and that he got no time to use his phone. Kyungsoo, as an innocent and oblivious guy as he is, he believed in Chanyeol. He trusted Chanyeol and that would make him regret it.

One day, Chanyeol started texting Kyungsoo again.

To: Kyungsoo

From: Chanyeol

 

Hey, baby. I miss you. What are you doing?

 

To: Chanyeol

From: Kyungsoo

 

I miss you too, baby. I’m just sitting down here in the park. When will you come back?

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Chanyeol

 

I still don’t know yet. Hopefully, it will be sooner than we expected.

 

To: Chanyeol

From: Kyungsoo

 

Yeah, I hope so.

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Chanyeol

 

Baby, always remember that I love you, okay?

 

To: Chanyeol

From: Kyungsoo

 

Ya, we haven’t have a proper date yet.

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Chanyeol

 

I know and we will be having our first date when I come back there. Just wait for me, okay?

 

To: Chanyeol

From: Kyungsoo

 

Of course, I will wait for you because believe it or not, I love you too.

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Chanyeol

 

Does that mean that we’re officially together?

 

To: Chanyeol

From: Kyungsoo

 

Hahahaha not yet. After five dates, maybe?

 

To: Kyungsoo

From: Chanyeol

 

Fine. You’re mine, okay? You’re mine alone.

 

To: Chanyeol

From: Kyungsoo

 

Of course. I’m yours.

 

And… Chanyeol didn’t reply again. The next day, Kyungsoo was listening to classical music when Baekhyun called him.

“Baekkie, what is it?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Soo, I’m dating someone,” Baekhyun said.

“Congratulations! Tell me more about him!” Kyungsoo said enthusiastically as he sat down on his bed.

“Well, he’s tall, has a deep voice, a beautiful smile and likes to play the guitar.”

“Wow, that looks like my crush.”

“Whatever, Soo. I told him that I’ll bring my best friend on our first monthsary and he agreed. So, could you please come to Busan the day after tomorrow?” Baekhyun asked.

“I don’t want to be a third wheeler.”

“But you won’t and that’s a promise!”

Kyungsoo sighed in defeat. “Fine, I’ll go. Where do we meet?”

“The Kim’s Restaurant,” Baekhyun answered.

~ O ~

It was the day when Kyungsoo will finally meet Baekhyun’s boyfriend and he was running late. He ran to the restaurant and gathered all the air before opening the door. He was finding his best friend and he heard the latter calling him. Kyungsoo smiled at his best friend and saw Baekhyun’s boyfriend back facing him.

Baekhyun stood up to properly introduce Kyungsoo to his boyfriend. Kyungsoo was beside Baekhyun and was smiling happily.

“Babe, this is my long time best friend, Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, this is my boyfriend, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said.

Both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol froze after hearing each other’s names. Kyungsoo’s smile faltered when Chanyeol stood up and smiled at him like it was the first time meeting each other. Kyungsoo was deeply hurt by Chanyeol’s action but tried to push it off from his heart because Baekhyun was with them.

“Hello, Kyungsoo-shi. I’m Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s boyfriend. It’s nice to finally meet you,” Chanyeol greeted.

Kyungsoo slightly bowed to him. “Hello, Chanyeol-shi. I’m Kyungsoo, Baekhyun’s best friend. It’s nice to meet you too. Please don’t hurt my best friend,” Kyungsoo forced a smiled. Just like what you did to me.

Hurt and guilt were seen on Chanyeol’s eyes but Kyungsoo didn’t care now. He was broken and no one could fix him yet. They were eating their dinner peacefully. Well, Baekhyun did all the talking since neither Kyungsoo nor Chanyeol would talk; afraid of saying things that could make the situation more complicated.

Baekhyun got a call from his friend - telling him to go to his house to get an important document which Baekhyun did. They paid for their dinner and Baekhyun left Chanyeol and Kyungsoo together. Awkward. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were walking silently without reaching a destination.

“I’m still waiting for you to explain, you know,” Kyungsoo broke the ice.

“I-I’m sorry, Soo… I kind of lied to you,” Chanyeol stuttered.

Kyungsoo scoffed. “Kind of? Seriously, Chanyeol? You lied to me big time and it’s killing me. The pain in my chest is killing me and I don’t know how to get rid of this!” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

Chanyeol dragged a complaining Kyungsoo to the park where there are less people.

Chanyeol sighed. “Soo, I’m truly sorry. I… I just got carried away.”

Kyungsoo shook his head. “No, Chanyeol. You didn’t get carried away. It was your ing decision! I’m too stupid to trust in you! I’m too stupid to love you!” Kyungsoo’s tears started to flow like mad and fell down on his knees.

Chanyeol tried to make Kyungsoo stand but the latter refused so Chanyeol sat down beside the crying Kyungsoo.

“Hate me all you want, Soo. I deserve it. I deserve all your hate,” Chanyeol said in a calm voice.

Hate? How could I hate you when I’m madly deeply in love with you?!”

Chanyeol was silent.

“It’s okay with me if you have a relationship with another guy but… It’s not okay with me if that other guy is my best friend! Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s my best friend! For seven years already! And even if we always share everything, we couldn’t just share you. And now that I know that you’re going to choose Baekhyun over me, here’s what I’m going to tell you. Please, I’m begging you. Don’t hurt my best friend. Promise me that I’ll be the last person you’re going to hurt. Please promise me that!” Kyungsoo said with anger and desperation in his tone.

Chanyeol looked down and couldn’t speak.

Kyungsoo placed his hands on Chanyeol’s shoulders and shook him. “Look at me, Chanyeol! Ya, Park Chanyeol! ing look at me!”

Chanyeol look at Kyungsoo with tears in his eyes. Chanyeol hugged Kyungsoo tightly, whispering I’m sorrys in his ear. Kyungsoo tried to push Chanyeol but to no avail, he couldn’t.

“Chanyeol, Kyungsoo…” a familiar voice was heard behind Kyungsoo. Again, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol froze. What would they explain to Baekhyun?

Kyungsoo pushed Chanyeol and looked at Baekhyun who was crying. “Baekkie… I can explain…” Kyungsoo said.

“I heard everything, Soo. No need to explain everything…” Baekhyun croaked. He approached Chanyeol and gave him a slap on his face. “We’re through, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol nodded slowly as he caressed his now red face.

“And you, Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun said softly. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know that he was the one who you love. I’m sorry for loving him too. But, I still choose my best friend over an . Besides, my friend invited me to a blind date and I’m going to accept that offer so you’re going with me.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, unable to speak. “B-but…”

“No buts!” Baekhyun dragged Kyungsoo, leaving Chanyeol behind.

~ O ~

It’s true that Chanyeol fell in love with both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun but he learned his lesson now – the hard way.

Best friends are always there for you, no matter what. So, never ever fight over a damn guy. There are still a lot of guys out there and like your mother; you could only find a best friend once in a blue moon. You should take care of your best friend! ♥

 

Fin.

 

A U T H O R 'S  N O T E 


Hellooo~ Here's my first drabble. And since it's my first drabble, I'll make it a bit dramatic. Hahahaha

COMMENTS ARE REALLY MUCH APPRECIATED NOW! HAHAHAHAHA xx

Please comment, subscribe and upvote! Thanks :)