Final

Mirror
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've been seeing a girl, these days. Wait, to say 'seeing' is underrated, I've been dating a girl, although I've never touched her or kiss her. Only eye contact. But I believe in true love; they say your true love looks like you, and this girl really looks like me, we're like twins and you'll be surprised when you see her.

But the weird thing is, Whenever I wear a certain pattern of a shirt or anything, she'll be wearing the same pattern, but as a dress. Our hair colors are the same, at the day I dyed my hair blonde, her hair was also blonde. But that's not weird at all, I mean, coincidences happen, right? But the weirdest thing is, she only appears in mirrors, and only I can see her.

The first time I saw her, she said she was from the other world behind the mirror. I wanted to cross the mirror, hold her hand, kiss her, touch her, but she said I couldn't. Because it would break the laws. So for these past five years, we've been talking to each other and when I confessed, she said she loves me too.

"Joonhee-ya, how was your day?" I smiled and sat in front of my body mirror, where she sat across me.

She smiled back, "it was fine. I ate froyo with my friends today."

"Me too," I said excitedly, "I chose the blueberry topping."

"Me too!" She exclaimed. "And then I met a little girl who was lost..she was crying, so I accompanied her until her mom came back."

I grinned, "So did I, but I met a little boy. You're such an angel, Joonhee."

"Aw, so are you."

It's weird how we do the same thing everyday, but that's true love, right?

I think that there's another world in that mirror, and this girl, Joonhee is my soulmate. We might not be able to touch another, but I know she's in my heart, and I'll always be in hers.

 

One day, I was out grocery shopping for dinner and I passed a dark alley on which I think I heard screams, but when I went to check it out, there was nothing there but a young man smoking with a black Nike branded hood on and his shoes were the color of neon. So I went home and dropped my shopping bags to the counter while looking at the mirror, searching for Joonhee, but she wasn't there.

Where was she? I wondered.

Soon enough, the door slammed close and I looked at it, only to find it completely shut without someone getting inside. And then someone ran. I was startled, afraid, but something inside me was boiling angry, like I want to kill someone.

And there was Joonhee, in the mirror, on her knees, crying her eyes out. I ran towards the mirror and placed my hands over it, wishing that I could break it and enter her world to soothe her cries.

"Joonhee, what's wrong?? Joonhee, what happened? Tell me what happened, please!" I knocked on the mirror.

Joonhee looked up and our eyes met. Her eyes were filled with tears, but mine was with anger. "I-I-..someone tried to me, Joonmyeon-ah..."

My eyes widened. Someone tried to my girlfriend? "What?! Who was it, Joonhee?? Tell me!"

Joonhee shook her head, "I don't know...but-but his shoes were neon and he was wearing a hoodie..I can smell cigarette smokes from his mouth..oh God, Joonmyeon it was awful!"

"Joonhee.." I balled my fists. It was the same guy in the alley.

She walked over and pressed her hand on mine although I barely felt it, "kill him, Joonmyeon-ah. Kill him for me."

"W-what? Joonhee, if I kill him in my world, I don't think he'll die in yours." I tried to reason.

"He will! That's the rule, Joonmyeon. Please, kill him for me."

"J-Joonhee.."

She cried, "Joonmyeon, he touched me.."

I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes, "alright, I'll kill him for you, baby. He'll pay for attempting to you."

 

The next night, I loaded my gun with bullets. One, two, three, four, five, six. The gun was full. I inserted the gun in the pocket of my jacket, since it was big enough for my gun and the silencer.

I walked to the same alley last night and saw the boy again, with a cigarette wrapped around his mouth. I gripped the gun tight and saw him looking strangely at me. I didn't know whether this was right or wrong- it didn't matter anymore. All that matters is Joonhee, and this guy tried to her.

With boiling anger, I pointed the gun at him and he gasped, holding his arms up.

"L-look man, if you want money, I got money." He pulled out his wallet and dropped it to the ground.

"I don't want your money." I growled.

The guy threw his cigarette, "you want some coke? I-I can get some for you."

"I don't want ," I frowned at him, "I want revenge."

"Revenge? O-Oh, man. Is this about Charlie? Look man, tell Charlie I'm sorry. I didn't mean to turn on his back, I-I just needed to quit-"

"Shut your mouth," I snapped. "You tried to my girlfriend."

He blinked, "r? Man, what are you talking about- AGH!"

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

Six.

Six shots, and my gun was out. I stared at the man I just killed. I couldn't look at his face, because I just shot it six times, and now he's faceless. I immediately ran to my apartment once I realized what I did.

I threw my gun to my couch and faced the mirror. She was there, waiting. "Joonmyeon, thank you so much."

"Anything for you, Joonhee."

"I love you, Joonmyeon."

I took breaths, "I love you too."

What can I say? True love makes you do crazy things.

 

My murder incident went into the news, and it was said to be investigated by the police. I panicked. What if the police found me? What if they knew that I killed him? Oh God.

"It's okay, Joonmyeon. They won't know. You don't even know his name." Joonhee advised.

It wasn't like her to be so calm, but I figured that she was right. I shouldn't be panic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter