The Land of Glisur

The Prince and the Swan.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n : be prepared for disappointment :( I promise the next chapter will be longer and better.

 

 

 

“The morning conference shall commence. His majesty will now pass down the royal decree.”

 

Whispers and murmurs quietened down as the new King of Glisur went up to his throne. Intricate patterns carved into the golden plates that decored the walls were glimmering with the morning sunlight streaming into the court house.

 

The royal council of Glisur had gathered in the royal court house for a morning session called upon by their newly crowned king, Park Chanyeol.

Ministers and council members across the land anxiously anticipated for the first royal order of their new king.

 

“Tax minister, make sure the landowners pay their timely taxes along with the overdue fines. Bring me the detailed record before the commencement of our next council meeting.”

 “Yes your majesty.”

 

“General and commanding officer in charge, I need a hundred thousand soldiers, archers and cavalry trained under your supervision. We are going to conquer new lands by the end of this year.”

 

The aura of the castle wasn’t the same since the passing of Late King Park Minwoo. His highness was kind and gentle and looked after the trade matters with the Feran Empire and the Territory of Reiv himself, allowing the smooth function of business with both the kingdoms despite the hatred and enmity between the two.

 

For reasons known only to their early ancestors, the northern kingdoms, Fera and Reiv despised one another; a condition of mutual animosity. 

Hatred and hostility was so deep seated into those kingdoms that even nature called upon them, destroying any possibility of commute or contact.

 

They called it the ‘Immortal Sea’; a narrow inlet of water that separated the two lands.

 

Decades ago, a trade ship was lost while crossing the sea and the people blamed it on an unknown storm. Weeks later when several ships and innumerable trade goods were lost and never found, people started believing in the heavens above. Every now and then when non-believers tried proving the people wrong, they failed and never came back only to instill stronger faith in people’s hearts.

Almost a century later now, no one dared to set foot on the Immortal Sea which held the remains and carcasses of hundreds of deceased bodies and their wandering, restless souls.

The only way for the people of Reiv and Fera to commute now was to pass through the Land of Glisur which had diplomatically maintained trading businesses with the two, making it the most powerful kingdom of the northern lands.

 

 

 

 

“This matter must be handled immediately, your grace. Why is there a sudden interest to invade the territory of Reiv?”

The council members bobbed their heads, nodding with urgency.

“The people of Glisur have already been revolting against their new king and this just makes everything worse.”

 

The chamber was quiet and the dying embers in the fireplace needed more wood to fuel them. Lady Park paced around the room with her flowy white gown dragging behind her.

“The people don’t need a merciless dictator, your grace. They need a leader; someone to follow; someone they can worship.”

And the King’s treasurer was right.

“Alliance with the Feran Empire and the Territory of Reiv was a decision made by our ancestors. Your grace, forgive me but a promise upheld for centuries cannot be broken over whimsical fantasies of our king.

The council members further pressed on the matter leaving Lady Park no choice but to comply in agreement.

“Alright, I will talk to the king about this matter.”

Lady Park knew this wasn’t something she could stop. The fate of the people of Reiv was certain and unfortunately inevitable.

“The council is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter