A Boy Named Annoyance

Unrequited
 
Gripping the edges of his pullover, Jimin tugs it closer around him to try and fend off the rain that keeps hitting his body. He feels the water seeping into his clothes making Jimin realize he will most likely be sick by the next day. He groans and thinks of everything that's happened the past few days. Why was he treating me this way? Did I offend him? Should I say sorry? He's only a friend to me, nothing more. ...Or is he? No, he's totally not, I can't believe I would even think that...
Trying to erase all the thoughts he just had, he realizes he's passed his house and has no idea where he is.
 
 How could I pass my own house? Oh, that's right. I was thinking about Jungkook. Why does this always happens to me?
 
Seeing a bus stop, Jimin walks over to it and sits on the bench that is sheltered by a metal covering and decides he made a good choice by looking around and thinking before simply just acting like he usually does. After a few minutes of waiting, the bus finally comes around and stops for Jimin to let him on. After stepping onto the bus he realizes all eyes are on him and his soaking clothes making him slightly uncomfortable with himself so he picks a seat quickly and slouches back into it trying to hide himself from the world and the people who inhabit it. Eventually the rain picks up and although it progressed rather slowly it now hits the windows with force slightly shakes the bus. The sound of thunder fills Jimin's ears creating the world behind him only a distant buzz in his mind having him not even noticing his seat shifting downwards from the weight of a body sitting next to him. Multiple bumps in the road jerk the bus causing Jimin to once again be conscious of his body and then his breathing. Wary if his breathing sounds erratic, Jimin tries controlling his breathing which in fact only makes the simple task of it much harder. Realizing that what he's doing is quite silly and that he shouldn't worry about what people think of him, he lets out a deep breath which actually lessens the pressure he was feeling just a few moments ago. Suddenly, Jimin feels a small tap on his shoulder awakening him out of his thoughts. 
 
Tae?
 
Turning his head to the right to see who just tapped his shoulder, he is confused when it isn't his best friend he's expecting, it's the cause of his emptiness for the past few days. Jeon Jeongguk.
 
"Jimin?" he whispers to the blank faced boy next to him. "Are you okay?"
 
Although confused as to why it seemed like he cared about anyone besides himself and why he was asking him of all people, Jimin answers. "Yes, why do you ask?"
 
Jungkook scrunches his face in disbelief. Why was Jimin acting so formal? He has never been like this to him. Suddenly Kookie feels guilty for how he'd been treating Jimin and thinks that maybe he had actually hurt him."Jimin, I'm sorry."
 
Jimin chuckles at the words that fall out of the boy's mouth. "Sorry? Yeah, you're never sorry."
 
Swallowing the words he was about to say, Jungkook is struck by the hurtful words Jimin's just said to him. Jimin never says anything like this even if something upsets him so the bluntness of the words seem extra full of anger and fire when he says them. 
 
"Listen, Kook. Please just leave me alone, at least for a while. I just need time."
 
Listening carefully to Jimin's words, Jungkook nods while secretly planning to get back on Jimin's good side. He can't stand not being close to him; he couldn't even begin to imagine what life would be like without him as his friend. Finally, Kookie decides to leave the spot by Jimin's side to give him the space he'd asked for even though he wanted to stay by Jimin's side for a little bit longer. Throughout the whole ride Jimin can feel Jungkook's stares vibrating through his whole body.
 
Why can't he leave me alone? I just want to think but I can't even do that when it feels like somebody is trying to undress me with their eyes. His beautiful eyes...-what, no no no. What the hell is wrong with me? He's only a friend... Or he was.
 
Jimin glances quickly at Jungkook, he just wants to see his face. Mainly he wants to try to figure out if his face shows the emotions that are on the inside. Nothing. He isn't even looking at Jimin anymore, he's looking out the window deep in thought with his face completely blank. Emotionless. Jimin shifts back into place with his mind puzzled and decides to focus only on getting home. He is lost anyways. Finally the bus goes into familiar territory for Jimin and he can even see the tip of his parents café from behind a random company building. He can't contain the happiness bubbling inside him and a small smile accidentally forms on his face catching the eye of Jungkook. Jungkook eyes Jimin and looks at the slight upward curve of his lips; he has no clue as to what made Jimin smile and it's irritating him. 
 
Finally, I actually know where I am now. I was getting scared I would be completely lost and there is no way I could call my parents and tell them I'd lost my way home. I'm 18 years old, that would be just plain embarrassing.
 
The bus stops a few blocks away from his parents café and he decides to get off now since it isn't raining anymore. He couldn't stand being on that bus anymore especially with someone he was angry with was riding it with him. 
 
"Jimin, wait!" a voice calls from behind him with the sound of heels clicking on the cement sidewalk. 
 
Damn it. I thought I'd gotten rid of him.
 
Jimin stops in his footsteps and spins around bringing him face to face once again with Jeon Jungkook. "What?"
 
"You dropped these," Kookie says as he places a pair of tangled earphones into Jimin's hands.
 
"Oh." Suddenly a feeling of guilt strikes Jimin but he pushes it away when he realizes that Jungkook doesn't deserve his kindness. "Thanks." Jimin replies harshly. 
 
"Well, bye Jimin." Jungkook says as he waves goodbye to Jimin and begins walking away. 
 
God, he's annoying.
 
The door of his family's café rings a bell when he enters, prompting a hello from both of his parents and after multiple questions about his day, Jimin walks away silently woth having answered any of the questions that were asked of him. 
 
"Jimin?"
 
After hearing the worried call from his mother, he stops on his way back out the door. "Sorry Eomma. I didn't mean to be disrespectful, I just had a long day at school." 
 
"If you want to talk to me, you know you can." She says while knowing fully that her son isn't telling her the truth about how he's feeling. Jimin turns slowly and faces his parents. His father doesn't even really seem to be paying attention to what's happening with his mom and him and he wishes he was. Jimin walks over to his mom and engulfs her in a hug before muttering a thank you to her. He rubs her back slightly as a closing to their shared hug and gives her a kiss on the cheek before walking away. The door rings the bell again but this time as a signal of leaving and he walks down the path towards his house that is only a few meters away. Walking in the front door, he closes it behind him and sighs in relief when he realizes he is in the house alone while his mom, dad and brother are all working in the café tonight so he'll be alone for a couple hours. He walks all the way to the back of the house and enters his room quietly. The feeling of content sweeps through Jimin's whole body when he realizes he can breathe and finally be himself. He walks over to his bed and plops down having the whole mattress shake beneath him.
 
Wow. Am I really that fat? 
 
Jimin starts laughing to himself when he realizes how stupid the thought was and decides that all the thinking he's done today has most likely fried his brain for the day so he should probably go to bed early so he'll be extra energized tomorrow for when he has dance practice with Hobi in the morning. Jimin strips himself of all the clothing he's wearing and climbs into bed before grabbing his phone to check it before he decides to go to bed. Climbing back into bed he sends a message that contains a heart emoji to his mom to thank her for noticing that no, he wasn't actually okay. After a couple minutes of using his phone to go through Twitter and catch up on everything that's happened he decides he should finally go to bed. He sets an alarm for 5 a.m., a little bit earlier than when he usually gets up for practice so he can have time to eat. Putting his phone away on his bedside table, he shifts onto his side and closes his eyes. While trying to get to sleep he notices the only thing that's helping him get to sleep is the friend he's angry with, Jungkook.