Confusion

Unrequited

The sound of Justin Bieber's Confident plays in the back of Jimin's head trying to block out all of the nonsense and hollering of his classmates that are signaling the end of the school day. A tap hits Jimin's shoulder shaking him out of his thoughts and making him slightly agitated as the person that had done it interrupted his favorite part of the whole song meaning he'd have to restart it when they were done speaking to him. He groans internally and takes out the earbud in his left ear and turns his head a bit to the left towards the person sitting behind him. 

 
"Chimchim?" a voice asks quietly. Realizing that the person who interrupted the song is only his best friend, Taehyung, Jimin loosens up. "Are you okay?"
 
Jimin sighs, although knowing he can completely trust him, he doesn't want to admit that lately Jungkook's been hurting his feelings a bit more than usual. He isn't trying to hurt me on purpose... or is he? "I don't know. I'm just- I don't know. Sorry, Tae..."
 
Taehyung hums in realization and nods in response to what Jimin's just said. "I understand."
 
"How? I don't even know what I meant." The confusion left in Jimin's brain leads to him plugging his ear back up with the left earbud and blasting Confident louder than before. 
 
Finally, the thoughts from his mind fade away and he thinks of nothing and only stares out his classroom window not even listening to the songs that have started and finished before him. After a while, the school bell rings and Jimin has to be tapped on the shoulder once again to gain his attention because the music was again too loud for outer noises to penetrate his eardrums for him to register. 
 
"The bell rang, Jimin," Taehyung says and upon seeing the puzzled look on his friend's face, he laughs. Jimin forces a smile that although he keeps trying to make look genuine, it just won't happen. I guess I can't hide my true feelings completely... Taehyung smiles back and although Jimin thinks he's fooled Tae, he's really only brought more concern into his mind.