"I'm Kinda Perfect"

Cash or Credit?

Luhan couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw the money.

“I brought some cash today, so I was wondering if I could buy that fabulous waterproof handbag now.” Jongin said, beaming.

Of course, Luhan should’ve been happy that he was making a sale. If it wasn’t for his bet with Minseok. The bet was simple, in fact, Luhan has the advantage. If he could go the day without selling anything, he won.

But it hadn’t even been twenty minutes before Jongin rushed over with his Froggy wallet to buy the handbag. Luhan scoffed. He’d already lost.

Playing out a fake smile, he took the money from Jongin, who walked away happy with the pink purse slung under his arm, and trudged back to Minseok, who hadn’t even got out of his car yet.

“What? You already lost?” Minseok scratched his head. “I mean, I knew I’d win, I just didn’t think it would be that fast.” He looked at a pitiful Luhan, dumbfounded. “I even gave you the advantage!”

“I forgot he was gonna buy the bag…”

“You’re so pathetic!” Minseok threw his head back laughing. “Well, you know what this means,” he grinned. “You have to pay up.”

“But…”

Lulu…”

Luhan sighed. “Gimme the stuff, then.” Minseok smirked and pulled out a black shopping back from his car.

“So how long do I have to do this?” Luhan asked, pained.

“A month. We agreed.” Minseok turned Luhan around by the shoulders and pushed him in the direction of the drug store. “Go get ‘em, princess.”


 

 


 

 

Sehun sighed. It was time. He pushed through the glass doors of Kyungsoo’s general store, and nodded awkwardly at the owner behind the counter.

“Aah, Sehun.” Kyungsoo gestured for the younger to come. “I’ve been expecting you. Are you ready for your first day of work?”

Sehun shrugged. It was his penalty for knocking over a shelf and spilling a couple hundred Advil tablets. “I guess so.”

“Great, then you can start by putting on this nametag.” Kyungsoo slid a plastic tag that had the name ‘Senuh’ in bolded letters.

“Um, actually it’s Sehun.”

Kyungsoo peered at the nametag. “That’s what it says.”

Sehun just shrugged again and put on the name tag, slipping behind the counter. “You must be glad someone like me is working here now.”

“Why’s that?” Kyungsoo chirped, walking over to the storage room to stuff what looked like a SpongeBob body pillow inside.

“To, y’know, attract customers.”

Kyungsoo looked confused.

“With my looks.” Sehun explained.

“Oh, nonsense!” Kyungsoo waved him off. “I have Tao for that. You’re not even that good looking.”

 


 

 

Jongin was admiring his new handbag and the open gas station parking space – which was free now that Baekhyun’s grandmother’s minivan was parked in front of the drug store – when Sehun stepped outside, looking slightly stressed out but mostly just sympathetic.

“How’s your new boss?” Jongin asked.

Sehun shook his head. “I think he’s confused.”

 


 

 

“So, how come you’re so obsessed with Baekkie?” Minseok leaned over the counter at Happy Virus Hats, where a giddy Chanyeol was stacking snapbacks.

“That guy’s a little shoplifter,” Chanyeol said. “He’s stolen four hats and six keychains so far. I just need proof and I can send his to jail.”

Baekhyun was sitting in the far corner of the shop, ignored because he was curled up in a hoodie, fast asleep.

“Yeah, but, why are you so obsessed with him?” Minseok said again. Baek stirred.

“I…” Chanyeol scrunched up his nose. “I dunno.”

“Haah. You liiike him.” Minseok did that obnoxious smirky thing he always did when he knew he had won. “Poor Chanyeol. It must be hard to be so easily swayed by men.”

“What are you-“

“He’s right,” Yifan suddenly appeared out of nowhere. “He even had a crush on me in college. Not that I blame him, of course. I’m kinda perfect.”

“Where’d you come from, Yifan?” Chanyeol whined. “Go back to work!”

“It’s Kris, and no.” Yifan said. “Not until I make my point. You fall for everyone.”

“Wha-How could I?” Chanyeol pointed a hat at the sleeping Byun. “And for the thief, who freeloads here like he owns the place? No.”

“Sure, sure.” Minseok gave Chanyeol a pitying look, before nodding his head going outside. Yifan shrugged.

“You totally had a crush on me in college.”

 


 

 

“Uh, Mr. Boss Kyungsoo? How does this thing work?” Sehun pointed to the cash register, looking bored out of his mind while his boss jogged over to the counter.

“Just press this button, son.” Kyungsoo said. “And call me D.O.”

“…Where’d that come from?”

“Well, you see,” Kyungsoo – ‘D.O’ – began, “My name is Do Kyungsoo, right?”

Sehun nodded.

“Well, if you take the Do part out, and it becomes D.O.”

Sehun looked disgusted. “That’s so lame.”

At that moment, Zitao came out of the storage room, carrying a box of something edible. “I know, right? That’s what I said!”

Kyungsoo scoffed. “You kids just don’t know what’s hip these days.”

 


 

 

Luhan took a deep breath. It’s okay, Lu. You can do this, this will be easy.

He fixed his dress one more time and closed his eyes and pushed through the double doors. The first person to see him was Zitao, who at first looked surprised and then immediately amused.

You see, if Luhan lost the bet, he had to spend the next month advertising as a girl.

And what’s worse, he had to spend the next month as a Japanese schoolgirl.

Zitao laughed. “Hey, Lulu.

Luhan rolled his eyes, ignoring his flushed cheeks, and proceeded to hang up advertisements. It was then that the new employee, noodle boy Oh Sehun, noticed his presence.

Sehun saw him, his lips, and sauntered over. Luhan cursed. “So,” he flashed a perfect smile that Luhan found sickening. “I haven’t seen you around here before.”

Behind the counter, Tao glared.

Luhan didn’t say anything. Oh my God, he thought. This guy’s totally hitting on me. He straightened up, and just as he was about to speak, manager Kyungsoo appeared.

“Ah, Luhan, looking good,” he commented, as if he didn’t even notice the fact that a manly man like Luhan was wearing a wig of waist length brown hair and a sailor costume.

Sehun cleared his throat and leaned against the wall where Luhan was hanging flyers. “I’m Oh Sehun,” he started. “But you can just call me tonight.”

Luhan gagged and gave Sehun a plastic, cheerless smile. And silently, trying to control his rage, continued to staple ads on the wall.

He would’ve ripped off the wig and declared his manliness immediately, if it weren’t for Minseok’s insufferable smirking face which kept popping up in Luhan’s mind.

I knew it, Lu-ge. You’re not man enough, he would say.

Well I’ll show you, you good-for-nothing baozi, Luhan slapped a hand over the flyers on the wall, looking back up at Sehun with a realer, more promising smile. Just how manly I am. Even if I’m wearing three inch heels.

 


 

 

“Well, if it isn’t Yixing.” Tao had been having a bad day as it was. First he comes to work to find that Bossman Kyungsoo had found a new favorite employee, who happened to also be sebooty-noodle Sehun. To top it off, he had to witness Luhan, who was crossdressing, get hit on by none other than sebooty-noodle Sehun. At one point Tao decided that sebooty-noodle Sehun had forgotten and moved on, and tried to start conversation, which ended with sebooty-noodle Sehun walking away cautiously, and Huang Zitao being left with nothing left to wait for besides his daily encounters with Advil Lay and ‘Kris’. 

Lay silently placed a can of Diet Coke, a baggie of tampons, and a packet of rubber hair ties on the counter, and Tao awkwardly checked them out, just as his other encounter danced in.

“Tao, baby,” Yifan jazzed over to the counter and pulled out his finest line. “Man, you’re looking hot today. You know sometimes I come in here and mistake you for a parking ticket.”

Zitao raised an eyebrow. This was a new one.

“’Cause you’ve got FINE written all over you.”

He rolled his eyes. “Go home, Kris.”

Yifan froze, wide eyed. Tao froze too, because Yifan was staring at him and if he moved he had a feeling the policeman would pounce. “Y-You…say that again.”

“Go home.”

“The full sentence!” Yifan screeched.

“Go home, Kris?” Tao facepalmed. “That’s it? Because I called you Kris?”

“It’s the first time someone did it willingly!”

Tao groaned and stuffed a donut in a paper bag. “Go home, lameass.”

“I’m already out the door, darling.”

 

-

This chapter made me seriously ship taoris, for some reason, even after the last chapter's taohun >.<

Can i just take a minute to talk about the cover picture for this story...do you like it?

My friend made it epecially for the story, and I think the members' facial expressions in the picture are just too accurate to their roles in the story.

Example: Girl-han. Who could guess he'd have to cosplay as a Japanese schoolgirl?

Anyway, I update three times a week, so expect a new chapter soon ^.^ and don't forget to comment what you think, and give this lowly crack an upvote!