"Pay Me, Jackass"

Cash or Credit?

“You work at a goddamn strip mall. How the hell do you have enough money to pay for this beauty?”

Jongdae stared in awe at Minseok’s sleek red Ferrari. Minseok shrugged, smirking. “You owe me $400, by the way. I won last week’s bet.”

Jongdae sputtered. Besides being a billionaire, he was also an idiot. “N-No way! I demand a rematch!”

“Pay me, jackass.”

“A rematch! If I win, I don’t have to pay you.”

“If win,” Minseok said. “You have to pay me double.”

“Deal.”

“Deal.”

“But…”

“What?”

“What are we betting on, exactly?”

“Who cares? I’m gonna win, anyway~” Minseok never let his cocky smirk leave his face. “Annual Seoul Dog Race. It’s next week.”

“EASY. I’m gonna slam your dainty .”

 


 

 

“Excuse me…” Yifan leaned an elbow over the counter and winked. “Is that a mirror in your pocket?”

“I don’t have pockets.”

“’Cause I can see myself in your pants.”

Tao groaned. This happened every day. “Yifan, if I agree to call you Kris from now on, will you leave?”

“Anything for you, baby. I’ll even let you call me ‘Daddy.’”

“Gross.” Tao beeped the box of donuts on the conveyor belt and handed it to Yifan. “Are we done?”

“Oh, darlin’ we’ll never be done.” Tao ushered him out and Yifan left the store with a satisfied smile on his face. “He totally wants me.”

 


 

 

It was half past two and Chanyeol would not get out of Baekhyun’s face. “So you just came in, took a seat, enjoyed a snack and left.”

Baek nodded.

“Didn’t, oh I don’t know, steal a hat, by any chance?”

“Dunno what you’re talking about.”

“Oh, you don’t, do you?” Chanyeol began to pace around the room as if this were a real interrogation, and they weren’t just two guys in a hat shop, one eating a Twinkie and the other looking like he walked out of a teenage hipster blog.

At that moment, Minseok walked in with a smirk on his face.

“Hey, Minnie~” Baek gestured for his friend to take a seat beside him. “What’s up.”

“I just made another bet with my favorite dumb.” Minseok said. “I’m starting to almost feel bad for him.”

“I’m amazed he still tries to challenge you.”

They shared an I know right and what can you do and kids these days look and finally noticed Chanyeol, who looked genuinely horrified that his interrogation was shrugged off so casually.

“Minseok what is that abomination on your head?”

“It’s a snapback. And not just any snapback. A snapback I didn’t buy from you.” 

“Wha- you could’ve just bought that from me.”

“Yeah, but it’s like, your store, and I don’t wanna like, pay you.”

“Y-You…you…” Chanyeol looked like he wanted to rip the ‘Hipsta Please’ hat right off Minseok’s golden baozi head, but then faltered like he didn’t have the heart, and drooped away pitifully to his emo corner.

“So why doesn’t Jongdae just ban you from even coming here?” Baek went right back into gossip mode as he and Minseok began their regular talk.

Minseok shrugged and ate a Twinkie.

“Do you think he has that authority?”

 


 

 

“FOR THE LAST TIME, JUNMYEON, I OWN THIS ENTIRE COMPLEX. I OWN THIS LAND. I CAN KICK YOU OUT. DON’T BELIEVE ME? JUST WATCH.”

“Okay, Jongdae-”

“I SWEAR IF THAT SHADY LITTLE MINSEOK WINS THIS TIME I WILL HAVE YOU EXPELLED FROM MY PROPERTY, DO YOU HEAR ME.”

“Jongdae, listen-”

“NO YOU LISTEN TO ME, YOU HOMELESS-“

JONGDAE.”

“What?” The raging billionaire shut up. Junmyeon smiled. He gestured for Jongdae to sit beside him, and after his look of absolute digust, he did.

The two men, one in a million dollar suit, and the other in a tattered Hawaiian shirt and shorts, stared up at the clouds.

“Look at that sight, son.” Junmyeon narrated. “It’s God’s work.”

“What’s your point?”

“Son.” Junmyeon put a hand on Jongdae’s shoulder. Jongdae shuddered at the hand of a homeless man touching his suit. “You need to believe.

“Yeah but how’s that gonna help me beat Minseok.”

“Believe in yourself. Believe in the dogs at the Annual Race.” Junmyeon smiled and Jongdae swore he saw a ray of holy light. “And call me Suho, son. Because I am your guardian. Because I believe in you.”

For a minute both men just stared at each other with a mutual look of wonder, and the mood was very deep and meaningful and stuff until Jongdae said, “Yeah but how’s that gonna help me beat Minseok.”

 


 

 

“Hi can I interest you in some leather handbags? They’re cheap and surprisingly waterproof.”

“Hey, Luhan. Advertising again?” Jongin was perched on a little stool beside Baekhyun’s grandma’s minivan, glaring daggers into the passenger seat window when deer-like Luhan approached.

“Yeah, but business is really slow these days, yo.” Luhan sighed and held up a small pink purse. “Wanna buy it?”

Jongin peered at the bag. “Is it really waterproof?”

“It is. I tested it myself.”

“I don’t have much on me right now, but I would totally buy it if it was waterproof.”

“Tomorrow, then, I’ll keep it on hold for you” Luhan pumped a fist in the air because he finally managed to sell something. Wait til Minseok hears about this, he thought.

“Oh, and Luhan, can you stop advertising in my sho-”

“Hold on, what’s Tao doing…?” Luhan pointed to Kyungsoo’s store, and sure enough Tao was there, plastered to the shop window, staring at none other than Sehun, who didn’t seem to notice.

“I’m telling you, bro, Tao is such tsundere these days. He’s obsessed with noodle boy!

Luhan shuddered at the thought of tsundere Tao. “It’s too far-fetched, too unheard of. I’m gonna go put up makeup flyers in your shop, now, yo. Bye.”

Jongin nodded, “Yeah, oka- wait not in my shop, bro. Not in my- ”

But Luhan was already skipping away.

 


 

 

“Ayyo little Lu,” Minseok shouted as he strolled into Jongin’s store, where his coworker had just finished painting the auto-repair shop with sparkly purple makeup ads. “How’s the business going?”

“Minseok.” Luhan scowled. “Lemme guess. You just made $800 or something.”

Minseok thought about his bet with Jongdae, and smiled. “I may have, but not for the reason you think.”

“Whatever. sold a bag today,” Luhan bragged, even though technically Jongin hadn’t bought the bag. “All by myself.”

Minseok gasped in mock-horror. “A-All by yourself?!”

“Shut up. I don’t see you sharing news of any sales.”

“I didn’t sell anything today.” Minseok shrugged.

“HAH! I win today, yo.”

“Sure, sure. Wanna make a bet?”

“Huh? Oh, nonononono no way Kim Minseok I refuse to give your gambling the satisfaction.

“C’mon, Lu. One bet.”

“No. Never.”

“One.”

“No.”

Minsoek grinned. “So, you’re not man enough. I get it.”

“Wha-“

“That’s okay, then, I’ll ask Tao. I hear he’s a real manly ma-”

“I AM A MANLY MAN YOU FILTHY LINT- EARWAX EATER.”

 

-

So? How do you liike it?

Thank you for the subs and views *^* It makes me really happy. Anyways, comment if you want! You can tell me your favourite character, or whatever. 

Also, give this story an upvote and I'll love you til the end of the world~

I hope you're enjoying it!