Confusion

Will I able to love you?

 

Hyukjae POV

It’s been three years ever since I had run away from my wedding for my best friend.

Three years.

I couldn’t say that that run away has not affected me a bit.

I mean I had give up my happiness with her for my best friend which I don’t even know will I able to fall for him.

Of course I’d stopped seeing her and even move in to Hae’s apartment aside from changing my phone number.

If I wanted to forget all about her, I need to at least do this.

If I wanted to try to fall in love with Hae, I need to at least do this.

I’d make up my mind that even if I still see Hae as my best friend and I will still treat him nicely.

But as time passes, I don’t know how I should treat him.

Of course, Hae had been really considerate that he didn’t force me in doing anything like giving him kisses and hugs like couples.

Apart from that, he had also given me a room which I practically know that he wants me to feel comfortable around him and also have some personal space which I am really grateful.

I knew I should be thankful to him and I knew that he had done a lot for me to wait for me for 3 years but as time passed by, I’d confused myself between love and friendship.

I love Hae, yes I love him.

I care about him, just as much as I care about my parents.

Of course, Hae had been the person I wanted to protect the most ever since I’ve met him during kindergarten.

I remembered the first time I witness he was being bullied by the classmates by teasing him that he doesn’t have parents.

I can still remember his pleading eyes asking them to stop.

I did stop them from teasing him and also stopped them from bullying him.

A person who doesn’t have parents doesn’t deserve to be treated like that.

I can still remember the time when he got bullied in elementary school.

He was being pranked by a bunch of bullies which they practically dump his books in the female’s toilet and asked him to get himself.

During that time, I’d vow to myself that I will protect him and stop him from being bullied.

After his grandmother died, he has no one to depend on which once again, I promised myself that I will be the one who he can depends onto.

Guessed that my concern towards him had makes him develop feelings onto me which I had only see him as a best friend or more than that, a close friend, or a brother to me.

I remembered that time when he confesses to me which I was a bit taken aback by his confession.

I mean, I have a girlfriend and I was in the midst of proposing to her.

However, Hae, he had never wanted to break me and Gina apart.

He has watch over us all the time despite that I bet his heart is bleeding whenever Gina had invited him to dine with us together.

Well, Gina knows that Donghae needs me, as a friend but not a lover.

During the time when I had proposed to Gina, I can say that I feel like I am the happiest man alive.

However, everytime when I see Hae, I feel my heart breaks as I know he loves me.

I thought that he will be angry at me that I didn’t consider his feelings and I thought that he will hate me but he didn’t.

Instead, he had helped me in preparing my wedding with Gina.

Yes, you heard me right, he had offered to help me in the preparations despite he is hurt.

All the time during my wedding ceremony, the only think I thought of was him.

I know that Donghae is not just my best friend.

But he is somehow a younger brother to me.

A person I’d choose to protect since he is one of the most important person in my life.

Of course I’d promise myself that I will try to love him, not as a brother or a friend, but a lover.

I’d asked him to wait for me.

However as time passes, I don’t know how am I going to interact with him.

I knew the feeling beneath me had been different in between the three years.

I’d spend most of the time trying my best to feel for him.

I’d throw away all my memories with Gina to help me in having a new start with Hae.

Of course I’d tried once to make myself lust over Hae and to finally make myself fall in love with him.

Confusion began to grow as time passes which I started to ask myself who is Hae to me.

There is no doubt that I love him.

But which type of love is it?

Was it a friendship love between two best friends?

Was it a brotherly love between a people who sees the other as a younger brother?

Or was it a lover’s type of love which involves kiss, hugs and lusts.

I’d confused myself with my feelings because Hae, he is someone which I couldn’t describe with words.

He is my best friend.

But at times, he is also my younger brother.

On the other hand, we’d acted like lovers when we fool around with each other.

For the past 3 years, I had been seeking to answer my doubts.

Who is Hae to me?

A friend? A brother? A lover?

Well, I’d always thought of the first two.

But, after throwing away everything about Gina and only thinking about Hae, I realize that my life had been surrounded with him ever since.

We’d skipped class together just to get a free strawberry ice-cream from the ice-cream parlour which gives out ice-cream for free during school hours.

We’d get out of our beds during midnight just to cycle to NamSan to watch sunrise together.

We’d ring each and every doorbell and run away immediately to have fun.

We’d …does a lot of crazy stuffs together when we were young.

And definitely, I had a lot of fun with him.

To him, I am definitely his lover.

But…who is he to me?

End of POV

 

 

This part is before the part where Hae comes out with his stupid plan...kay??^^