1

Will I able to love you?

 

Donghae POV

I place the cooked bacon and eggs on the already set up culinary set as I place the pan in the basin before I walk to the fridge and get a carton of milk.

I rinse two glasses as I pour out the fresh milk as I heard the sound of rustle from the back indicating that he had already woke up.

I turn around trying to sound cheerful just like every morning.

“Morning Hyukkie,” I smiled as I place the glasses of milk on the table where he already seated on the other side of the table.

“Morning Hae,” he said giving me a small smile.

We ate our breakfast in silence.

~~

I lock my apartment as depart to work as usual.

It’s been three years ever since Hyukkie back off from his wedding because of me.

During these three years, many things change.

A few weeks after backing off from the wedding, Hyukkie had suggested moving in to my apartment.

I was at first declined that as I don’t want Hyukkie to feel uncomfortable.

Since, he has done so much to me, including his happily ever after.

But the only words that were spoken by him to me, which had stunned me that day…

“Hae, let me try, let me try, to love you back, just wait for me,”

That was what he had spoken to me which had made me finally agree on having him move in with me.

Of course, at first, it sounded like a dream to me.

The man I love wanted to try to love me back.

The man who had done so many things for me.

The man who had back out from his wedding.

Maybe? He will able to love me back?

However, as time passes, I realize that we slowly drifted apart.

For the first few months, things still goes on smoothly as he had always tried his hardest in wanting to love me back which deep down in my heart I know he is still hurting.

Days passes as we no longer chat like we used to be.

Our relationship has slowly drifted apart when he is trying the hardest to love me.

Our conversations become lesser and lesser until the most recent; we only talk when we greet each other, just like this morning.

I knew he is trying hard to love me back.

And I knew it is hard.

When your best friend sees you as a lover but you had see him as a best friend and nothing more.

Of course, his words had nevertheless ring in my mind occasionally which asked me to wait for him, to love me back.

I had waited patiently for three years.

Occasionally, I would have asked myself, should I let him go?

I don’t know since when I had not heard him laugh happily in front of me.

I don’t know since when I had not talked properly to him like we used to.

It looks like as if we are two completely stranger who stays together under one roof.

I could have agreed that I missed the old Hyukkie who was being so caring to me.

I could have agreed that I missed the old Hyukkie who had nevertheless joked around with me.

Maybe, I should let him go?

~~

I push in the glass door to the café I worked in.

“OMO! Donghae!! Come, I have something for you to try,” squealed Sungmin, my colleague and my boss for the café.

“Neh,” I reply as I walk to the counter and I was being welcomed by a spoon being shoved to my mouth where I consume the thing he gave me.

“So how, is it good? Can I sell it? I’ve been creating this overnight,” he beamed.

I the cream which was on my lips.

This taste absolutely amazing.

“Of course Sungmin hyung!”

“Really??!!! OMO!! I am going to make this today’s special for today, Donghae ah, come help me, I need to start baking the cake now,” he said as I marched behind him to the kitchen.

~~

I stood at the counter feeling bored as I stare at a couple nearby who was trying Sungmin hyung’s cake.

My lips curve into a smile seeing the girl feeding the guy the cake.

How I wished that Hyukkie and I will be able to do that.

“Yah! Don’t stare at our customers like that, you’ll scare them away,” Sungmin hyung spoke as he smacked my head.

“Ow, hyung!” I whined rubbing my head.

“Dreaming about you and your Hyukjae again?” he asked which I couldn’t help but blush because he had caught me.

Well, Sungmin hyung is one of my closest hyung which always share my problems, especially my problems regarding to Hyukkie.

Of course, Sungmin hyung and Hyukkie had never met before but Sungmin hyung knows that I am in love with Hyukkie and we stay under one apartment.

“You know what? I think you should actually talk to Hyukjae, to tell him about your feelings,” he said and took a cloth wiping the table.

Well, Sungmin hyung knows that Hyukkie sees me as his best friend and also how both of us had stopped talking like we usually did.

I told Sungmin hyung everything.

“Hyung I..”

“Don’t give me any excuse again, Donghae ah, you should at least talk to him, being like this, both of you bound to shout at each other one day and there goes your relationship,”

I know Sungmin hyung, I know.

But Hyukkie..

I don’t know.

I really don’t know..

End of POV

 

 

its december!! so...update!!! kekeke...by the way, this story will be a short one, probably around 10 to 20 chapters....kay?? enjoy!!