IV

50 Infinite FanFiction Challenge!

4. The Secret [Pairings: Jongyeol]


“Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.” 

― Benjamin Franklin

 

On the computer monitor, two people were at a alley under the starless night.

“SJ, this is your new mission. Kill this man whose name is Lee Howon.”

“Ok.” In the dark, the shorter person handed a file to the higher.

“He is not a simple person. He is the heir of the Lee Co. and knew taekwondo.”

“Ok, kyu.”

“Salute.”

“Salute.”

After they left, two ordinary people popped out from the rubbish bin, after confirming the coast was clear, they scrambled away.

The person in front of the monitor furrowed his eyebrow, hands automatically picked the mobile phone next to him.

“WH, please get me the profile of the two person. I have just sent you the picture of their face. As quick as possible, it’s urgent.”

“Ok, SJ.”

Then the person who was called SJ cut the phone, and leant back on his comfy chair, the smirk on his face looked especially creepy under the dim light of the room.

 

The man looked at the person lying on cold concrete road in a pool of blood that almost dried. Shadows dancing in the dark alley, the bright and white moonlight was the only thing on the pitch-black sky, the chilling night wind brushed past the empty alley.

The person was lifeless. Lifeless. His tousled black hair was all tangle, stained with dried blood, crimson. His coal-black eyes were wide open, but his jade irises held a sudden shock. His clothes, a loose black silk shirt and black trousers were bloody. His body was slumped over, half-sitting, half-laying. Blood was dripping down from his chest, to the ground, the dripping sound was evidently audible in the silent night.

“That’s the cost, Kim Myungsoo.” The man said, then disappeared into the murky shadows.

 

“Lee Sungyeol, 23 years old, height 18ecm, weight 59kg, born in Gyeonggi. He is currently in Seoul, as a trainee in Woollim Entertainment.” The document read.

“Good, Lee Sungyeol, it’s your turn now.” In the darkness, a smirk was slowly forming.

 

“Hello, my name is Lee Sungjong.”

“What will you be performing?” In front of Sungjong were three men sitting behind a bench, the middle one spoke up.

“Acting, I want to be an actor.”

“Good, please.”

“When you have too many thoughts, just have a lemon candy!” Sungjong said, stretching his hand out, trying to act cute, causing all the men in the room suffered from a heart attack.

“Is that all?” After a while, the man sitting on the left broke the awkwardness floating in the air.

“Yes.”  Sungjong answered certainly.

“I am sorry, you are out.”

“Why?” Sungjong whined. He couldn’t understand, he is good, why the men could reject him so ruthlessly?

“This is an audition, kid. Look at your acting, do you think we will let you pass?”

“Sorry, but please. I want to be an actor whole-heartedly.”

“Do you have any other skills that can be performed?”

“Yes. I know how to dance.”

“Good, what dance have you prepared.”

“Girls’ Generation’s The Boys!”

“Ready, start.”

겁이 나서 시작조차 봤다면 그댄 투덜대지 마라 !
주저하면 기회는 모두 너를 비켜가 가슴 펴고 나와봐라 !

Bring the boys out

When Sungjong heard the music it was like liquid adrenaline being injected right into his blood stream – not so strong as to freak him out, but just enough to make him tingle and start to move his body. He had never had a dance class, but he just got the talent to do so. Watching the dance practice a few times, and he could dance with them smoothly, maybe even better than them, Sungjong didn’t deny the fact that he was even prettier than some of the female celebrities.

세상을 이끌 남자, 멋진 여자들 여기 모여라 You know the girls?
(Bring the boys out)

The song ended, and the performance was a whole success. Applauses filled the room, Sungjong’s lips formed an upward curve.

“Why don’t you do this in the first place? This is amazing. You should be a dancer instead.”

“Thanks.” Sungjong blushed at the compliment.

“I announced, you are admitted officially.”

 

It was the first day of Sungjong’s trainee’s day. He stepped into the building cautiously, he was happy that he was nearer to his dream, while part of him was scared of the unknown future trainee life.

“Hello, my name is Lee Sungjong, I am new here.” Sungjong bowed to everyone passed by, but all he received were cold nods from either staffs or other trainees. Introducing himself to everyone, Sungjong arrived the big dancing room where all the new trainees were.

Sungjong looked at different people at different gender, age, or even nationality poured into the rooom.

At sharp 9, a man came, “Good morning everyone. I believe you are all new here. My name is Jang Dongwoo, I am here to distribute your training time table…” Sungjung stared at the man whose name was Dongwoo who talked non-stopped.

“Lee Sungjung, yours.” His name snapped Sungjong back to the man who was in front of him.

“Daydreaming is not allowed here,” Dongwoo said, “this is your time table.”

Sungjong took the time table, he had dancing lesson, vocal lesson, and most important, he got acting lesson, the area which he wanted to be profession the most, also the weakest.

 

“Hello, my name is Lee Sungjung.” Sungjung introduced himself when he stepped into the room for his dancing practice.

“My name is Lee Sungyeol, I am also a trainee.” The tall boy smiled

“Nice to meet you.” Sungjung returned a smile.

“Nice to meet you too.” The two exchanged hands shaking.

Sungjong felt warmth rushing in his body, Sungyeol was the first one who greeted him sincerely.

 

“Hey, Sungjong, want to go out to have dinner tonight? You won’t have much chance later.” Sungyeol asked, taking the initiative after the practice.

“Sure.” The younger answered.

Sunyeol looked at the boy in front of him, his face was the same as the person in the middle of the secret he knew. It used to be a secret shared between Myungsoo and him, but Myungsoo was being murdered, he is the only one left. Sungyeol wondered whether Sungjong was SJ the killer he met that night, asked to kill a person named Howon. If no, then where SJ was at that moment.

 

“Lee Sungyeol, seem like he is easier than I thought.” In the darkness, a man muttered.

 

Days went by, and Sungjong had already adapted the life as a trainee, he had also befriended with different people, such as the hard-working Hoya, the kindest Dongwoo, the greasy Woohyun. Most of all, Sungyeol, they became best friend, whenever they were free, you would probably find them sticking together.

 

The two best friends were in the dance studio. Sungyeol was practicing his new dance, while Sungjong sat there watching and guiding him. Sungjong put his hand into his pocket, which his knife greeted him. Sungjong slid his finger along the cold steel blade.

On the other hand, Sungyeol noticed the sneaky movement Sungjong did when he put his hand in his pocket, a simple action done by him seemed so suspicious. He furrowed his eyebrow, again his mind drifted to the secret he knew.

 

“Seem like I need to action now.” The person said under the dim light, while rewinding the fact that he noticed Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrow.

 

“Sungyeol, are you free this evening?” Sungjong took the initiative to invite Sungyeol, knowing that they had one day off the day after.

“Yeah.”

“Want to go out?”

“Sure. Where?”

“The club.”

“Ok.” and Sungyeol high-fived with the younger, not knowing death was on his way.

 

No one could see the dance floor, it’s wall to wall people dancing to the club. There’s no room for any more but somehow when Sungjong and Sungyeol hit it the space magically came. The music was all nineteen nineties but they were dancing like they were jives, twisting, turning. They were all grins, they looked like idiots and they didn’t care. Inside they were just happy, happy and more alive than they could ever be in the practices, though they chose it. Sungyeol felt the part of him that was really him came out to play, to feel the vibe of music and let his body go free. One moment, one brilliant feeling of togetherness suspended in time.  They drank, the danced, until tiredness caught them, or specifically, caught Sungyeol.

“Sungjong-a, let’s go back home, it’s late and I’m tired.”

“Sure, hyung.”

 

“This was fun,” Sungyeol said while leaning on the younger.

“Yeah.”

“It was my first time go clubbing, I don’t realize it is that fun.”

Sungjong looked at the older, whispered, “it will also be the last time.”

“What?”

“I said nothing.”

And they fell silence.

 

The man looked at the person lying on cold concrete road in a pool of blood that almost dried. Shadows dancing in the dark alley, the bright and white moonlight was the only thing on the pitch-black sky, the chilling night wind brushed past the empty alley.

The person was lifeless. Lifeless. His tousled black hair was all tangle, stained with dried blood, crimson. His coal-black eyes were wide open, but his jade irises held a sudden shock. His clothes, a loose silk shirt and trousers were bloody. His body was slumped over, half-sitting, half-laying. Blood was dripping down from his chest, to the ground, the dripping sound was evidently audible in the silent night.

“I’m sorry, Sungyeol-hyung, you are nice, but a secret should be known by no one.” The man said, then disappeared into the murky shadows.


Author: This story is a bit confusing. So I will explain here. 

So, Sungjong equals to SJ, which the latter is the symbol Sungjong used as a killer.

Also, Myungsoo and Sungyeol saw SJ face to face, so Sungjong neede to kill them, or he might be sued. 

Moreover, the mysterious man in this story is Sungjong.

Phew, I think I have explained the main confusion, right? Comment if you are confused at a certain point, I will try to explain it.

Er... I think that's for today.

Subscribe it if you like it. ><

Bye Bye