Detective Kim Taehyung

BTS One Shots - Series Version

BOLD - SPEAKING IN ENGLISH


“Ms. (y/n). Please step into the room for your assessment now.” A metallic voice comes through the speakers. I rise from the silver stool and scan the room surrounding me. A gloomy grey surrounded me from all sides like a box. There were only two doors that led to this room. One was where I had entered from, and it was a one way trip, once in, there was no way of escape. The other was straight ahead of me, which would most likely be another one way trip. But will this be the first time in forever that I’ll finally be able to see a human, or will I meet a voice coming from one of the working bots that roamed this place. I open the door and walk in, letting it slam to a shut behind me. The next room was similar to the last, but instead of chairs lying around, there was an examination table and many different instruments lying around the room, I look around and see a bot standing off to the side, flickering to a start I hear a whirling noise coming from it. “M-M-Ms. (y/n)?” An old voice starts to splutter out. I nod in response, and it continued to talk, “Welcome. This will be your first and last session in the examination room. First we will be checking your eyesight. Please have a seat on the table.” The bot’s robotic arms started ushering towards the table, and I followed orders and lay still on the table. “Good. Now Ms. (y/n), we will be doing multiple procedures to your body for your own wellbeing. First we will be starting with checking your eyesight, next your reflexs, following will be a body checkup and examination. Unfortunately you will be sedated and will not be able to know what exactly we are doing. So if you will. Please sit tight and I will get you asleep at once. Have a good--“ After that I heard nothing and had fallen asleep into a deep, deep sleep. While asleep I hear a voice talking. “(y/n) sedated. Prepare the surgery. Ms. (y/n), 16 years old. Time of death, 17:05. Time of birth, 17:06. Name: No. 390, code name: Ms. (y/n). Profession, assassin.”

+++

Taehyung paced back and forth, in his office. He had been a professional detective since the age of 16. He graduated from Oxford with top grades, and moved back to Seoul to start work. Taehyung was getting bored with all the cases he had been getting so far and was debating on moving back to Europe for more mystery. All of a sudden the phone started to ring. Taehyung prayed to himself that this case would be so much more exciting to solve. “Yeobosaeyo? Kim Taehyung’s detective agency.”

“Ah~ Taehyung-ah. So nice to hear your voice again~.” A female voice came from the other line, making Taehyung cringe.

“Linda! You’ve finally learned Korean I see.” Taehyung started saying in English, which made the female, Linda on the other line laugh.

“Wow. I expected you to be sharp, but cruel. You’ll break a maiden’s heart you know.” Linda says, sounding hurt

“And whom may this maiden be? If I recall you slept with every man on campus.” Taehyung says smugly. “Why is it you called, Linda?”

“Hmph, be that way. Well, I landed a spot in the police department in England. I was transferred here to Seoul, and I was looking through some old files, and something caught my eye. About 12 years ago, there were some pretty rowdy kidnappings here. About 20 kids went missing and they still aren’t found till this day. So since I’m pretty busy with duty and stuff like that, do you wanna take this case? I can send over the files to you and help you with some parts if you want. So, V. Do you want this case or not?” Linda says into the phone, making Taehyung get more interested into this case. After all, he’s been craving adventure and mystery since he moved down back to Seoul.

“Thanks Linda, I’ll take the case. Send them over to my office right away.” Taehuyng says, thinking of the multiple ways he’ll approach this case.

“Already did, sweetie pie. They should be there in about… now.” There was then a rasp knock on the door.

“You know Linda. Sometimes you are of help. Thanks. Now I’ve gotta go over the files. See you around maybe.” Taehyung then hung up and walked over to the door, to receive his files.

+++

I wake up to find myself in a dull pink room. I look to my side and see for the first time in a while, a human. Tall, handsome and youthful. “Good morning No. 390. Nice to see you awake. From today onwards I will be your trainer, and friend. I do not know if you had heard, but from today onwards your profession would be an assassin and your name outside of this room will be Ms. (y/n). I expect the best work of you and we must aim for the best within the academy.” I nod along, which made him start to glare at me. “No. 390, I am your trainer, and I expect the best, including your manners. So please do greet me properly, and obey with a reply of 'yes, sir'. Now I will tell you my name. My name is Yoon Jongsuk, but please do refer me as 'sir'.”

“Yes, sir. I understand, sir.” I croak. “I’m sorry my voice is like this, sir. I haven’t spoken since I was 6, sir.” I earn myself a smile from Jongsuk. And he laughs gently.

“My, my. You have the voice of a canary yet you were locked away. We can use that as an advantage in your fieldwork and I’m already tired of 'sir', just call me Jongsuk.” He then turns toward the armoire closet that stood behind him and opened it. He then picked out a black suit and handed it towards me. “Get changed into this No. 390. Training starts right away.” He then walks out the door, leaving me alone with my own thoughts.

 Two months had passed since that day. I had become the most skilled assassin student within the academy and am about to graduate 4 months early. Graduation was in two days. Two days and I could finally go to the outside world. Two days I could’ve had my freedom. Two days before this idiot of a detective came along.

+++

Taehyung worked day and night when he had received his files. He had finally gotten a lead on an old academy that had used to get great reviews until the school board was caught smuggling school girls to other countries to sell themselves. Two months it took to find the academy and break it. That night was a fateful night. Taehyung finally solved the criminals behind the kidnappings and the missing children from 12 years ago. That night he almost got killed. A girl that was missing over 12 years ago, he took into his care as he arrested and returned the rest of the children to their rightful parents. He would have done the same with this young girl, but her parents had died 8 years ago in a car accident, looking for their daughter. He was almost killed by the girl he had fell in love with at first sight. 16 year old, (y/n).


A/N: Hey guys. Admin - T here. So here's Detective Taehyung solving a mystery. So I've decided that after I finish writing the rest of the members' one shots. I'll write a sequel to each and every one of them. So please do continue to read on. And please do comment below if you want a sequel!!