FINAL (Yixing)

It All Started at the Airport
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please try to ignore the errors, mistakes and typos! I am not a native speaker.

Warning, this one-shot is really long: 5000+ words.

 

 "I can't believe I'm actually in South Korea!"

A few passers-by gave Jihyun weird looks as she literally shouted in the middle of Incheon International Airport. But Jihyun just ignored them and continued walking, dragging her suitcase behind her. She couldn't care less about what the others thought. She was finally back in South Korea! That's the only important thing right now.

Jihyun was born in South Korea but her parents moved to England, bringing her with them when she was just 4 years old. But even though she lived in London, she was always interested in South Korea more. The food was so much better. The celebrities were so much more talented. And she was Korean, so naturally she loved everything related to her country. And now, she was back.

She couldn't believe her ears when her parents told her that she could apply for a Korean University. And she did just that. After taking the online entrance exam of BH Academy, she got accepted. BH Academy was one of the most prestigious universities of South Korea. And she was really excited but at the same time nervous. The university was one the best, so obviously only top student were allowed there. She had to give her best and study extra hard.

Jihyun walked around the airport looking for a restroom. Even though she didn't really care about looks, right now her hair was a mess. And she needed to fix it. She woke up early on her flight. But because of many people waiting behind her she just brushed her teeth and decided to do her hair later. She followed the signs that led her to the restroom. While she was walking, she saw some girls running the opposite direction as her. She tried to move away but was too slow because of her heavy suitcase. She bumped into one of them and almost fell on her .

"I'm sorry." Jihyun blurted in English out of habit, using her British accent. But when the girl looked at her in confusion, Jihyun realised her mistake and quickly corrected it. "I'm sorry."

"Well, you should be. You just stopped me from seeing my oppa, you stupid little...” the girl muttered. *Wow, rude much.* Jihyun thought and gave her a disgusted look, which went unnoticed by the girl, who was too busy searching for someone.

"Oppa?" Jihyun asked all of a sudden.

"Yeah, don't you know? Lay of EXO is coming back to Seoul, now that he is done with his promotions in China." the girl snapped.

"Lay of...EXO?!" Jihyun's eyes widened.

"Yeah, now move!" The girl pushed Jihyun aside and ran towards her friends who were glaring at her for slowing down.

*Yixing?! What is Yixing doing in Seoul?! He should be in China!!* Jihyun took her phone out and immediately went on a Lay fan page that keeps her updated on him. But oddly, there were no news confirming his return. Only some pictures of Lay's latest photo-shoot popped up. But nothing about his return.

Jihyun sighed. *Maybe they got wrong news. Or somebody pranked them. Yeah somebody pranked them.* She sighed in relief once again. Without anyone bumping into her this time, she successfully made it to the ladies toilet, located just 3 meters away from the men's.

She placed her luggage next to the door and went towards the mirror. She slowly combed her hair and, when she was satisfied, let her hair fall down over her shoulder. She smiled in satisfaction once again and nodded at her in the mirror.

Suddenly thoughts about Lay coming back to South Korea flashed her mind. *Is he really coming back or...nah the fan page had nothing about it.*

She put her hand on the handle of her suitcase and opened the door to go out of the restroom. But as soon as she got out, someone bumped into her.

"Hey!" she shouted as she grabbed the door's handle to keep her balance.

"I'm sorry!" the guy shouted turning around and bowing. Jihyun's eyes immediately widened as she recognised the voice. *Yixing?!* She jerked her head towards his direction and realised that it was Lay.

"I'm really sorry!" Lay repeated and bowed once more, before turning around and running towards the men's toilet.

*So it was true?! Yixing is back in South Korea! Curse that stupid fan page!* She looked back at Yixing and furrowed her brows. Why was he running? She saw him trying to open the door but the main door of the men's restroom won't budge. He then turned the handle several times but the door stayed at his place, closed.

"Who would lock the main door of the restroom?!" Lay shouted giving up. He then looked around. He couldn't hide anywhere else. There wasn't any other door in the corridor where the restroom situated. Only the ladies' and the men's restroom. And of course he won't enter the ladies one. Because one, he was a man and two, because the crazy sasaeng fans following him were all girls.

"Now what? Those fans might know that I'm here!" he shouted. He only had one solution now. Run to another place. He ran towards the only entry and exit of the corridor to go somewhere else.

Jihyun however, understood the whole situation. Lay was being chased by crazy sasaengs. Her mind reacted quickly and she reached to grab his arm. She succeeded and pulled him inside the ladies restroom using all her strength. Lay looked at her shocked. *Why did she..? Is she going to do the same thing as them!?*

And like Jihyun read his mind or something, she spoke. "I'm not going to do anything, okay? Don't worry." she tried to assure him. But Lay still looked panicked and...scared? She reached for his arm, which she had left earlier after pulling him inside the restroom. "Listen, Yixing, I'm not-"

"YIXING OPPA! OPPA ARE YOU HERE?"

Jihyun and Lay's head jerked towards the door. "Oh no..." Jihyun voice came out as a whisper.

"Hey, maybe he's in the ladies toilet!" they heard one of the girls outside.

"You sure? I mean Lay oppa, in the ladies toilet...I don't think so."

"Come on, it's won't hurt to try."

"Okay. Let's go look!"

"Oh no! Oh no..." Jihyun quickly thought about a solution in a situation like this. Her eyes travelled around the restroom until they landed on the cubicles. She bit her lower lip unsure. But when she heard the handle of the main door turning, she grabbed Lay's arm and quickly pushed him into one of the cubicles, entering in herself, and locking the door behind her.

Lay looked at her with wide eyes. "What are-?"

"Shhhh!" she hushed him. "They'll hear us! Do you want them to find you?"

He shook his head. "Then shut up." she whispered.

Lay nodded and stopped talking. He didn't know why he was listening to her and obediently following her orders, but he just did it. While she was busy listening to the talk of the girls that just entered the restroom, he was busy observing her. He stared at her face and noticed her big eyes, her long lashes, her slightly pointy but still round tipped nose. Just then he realised how close she was to him. The cubicles were for one person only (duh) but both of them were inside. So they were kind of squished together. He felt his cheeks burn as he blushed. Why was he blushing? This wasn't the first time he was so close to a girl. Because of some fan-meetings he had already hugged some fans and shook their hands. And he felt nothing. But right now, he was not hugging her nor was he holding her hand but he still blushed and his heart-beat raced.

"I told you! Lay oppa is not here." The voices outside broke his trance and he concentrated more on what they were saying.

"Yeah you're right. Let's just go look somewhere else." Lay and you both sighed in relief. The sasaengs were finally leaving.

"Wait!" they heard another girl shout. Lay and Jihyun tensed. What now??

"Whose suitcase is this?"

Jihyun face palmed. She left her suitcase outside. Why was she so forgetful sometimes? Now, if they get busted it's all her fault!

"Maybe, someone left it here while they're doing their business. I don't know."

"Yeah and Lay oppa's suitcase is not like this."

"Yeah let's just go now!"

Lay and Jihyun heard the door open and close as the fan girls went outside. They still stayed inside just for safety measures, and when they heard no noise they finally unlocked the door of the cubicle and went outside.

Once outside, she sighed in relief and turned back to look at Lay. That's when she grew panicked. How was she supposed to act in front of him? She couldn't fan girl. No, definitely not. She composed herself quickly, not letting him know about her nervous state.

"Are you okay?" she asked warily, stretching out an arm.

Lay nodded. "Yeah," he paused, "thanks for saving me from them..."

Jihyun shook her head. "It' nothing- wait-" Jihyun's mind finally worked as she realised something. "Where are your managers? Your bodyguards?" she asked.

"I got separated from them. There were too many fans. I don't even know how they found out. The managers feared a situation like this would occur, that's why I came back without informing anybody. We were going to keep everything low-profile but they still found out..." he sighed.

"Where were you when you got separated?" Jihyun asked again. It was in her nature, really.

"Oh, we were at the exit. But then the fans screamed like crazy and almost jumped on me..." Lay shook his head at the terrifying thought.

"Why didn't you just run towards the van? Instead of coming all the way here to hide, you could have simply just run towards the car that's supposed to take you back home." Jihyun stated the obvious.

"The car?" Lay scratched his head; "I forgot about that." he sheepishly smiled while rubbing the back of his neck.

Jihyun's jaw dropped. He forgot. He FORGOT?! How can he forget about that? *He really is forgetful...* She shook her head.

"Now-"

"LAY! LAY, YOU HERE?!"

Lay and Jihyun's head turned towards the door.

"Manager hyung..." Lay breathed. He ran towards the door and opened it. "MANAGER HYUNG!" he shouted.

His manager whipped his head in Lay's direction. "Lay?! Oh my god, Lay! You're here! We looked everywhere for you! Why did you run away- What were you doing in there?!" The manager looked at the ladies toilet with wide eyes.

"I was hiding from the fans." he explained himself before a misunderstanding could occur.

"But why were you in there?! They were girls- Wouldn't you- Aish whatever! Let's go before fans locate us again!" His manager grabbed his wrist and started dragging him outside.

"Wait!" Lay yanked his arm away and ran towards Jihyun, who was watching the interaction in amusement, standing outside, a playful smirk on her lips.

"What's your name?" Lay asked Jihyun. "I'm Kim Jihyun." She replied. "Thank you so much Jihyun!" Lay bowed and thanked her again.

He then got dragged away by his manager, who was scolding him for talking to a fan. Lay mouthed a last "Thanks." before Jihyun couldn't see him anymore.

Jihyun smiled. She just met her ultimate bias. What a weird way to meet your bias, isn't it?

Her mind clicked.

She met her ultimate bias.

And she didn't even ask for a picture or an autograph.

* my life.*

~~~

Jihyun quickly ran out of her apartment, her bag threatening to fall from her shoulder. She adjusted it before closing and locking the door behind her. *, I'm late!*

It had been 3 weeks since that airport incident. Jihyun had been unpacking her stuff and getting used to the new place the past weeks. She had already been to BH Academy once to collect her uniform and schedule. That place was really big, she thought. But she had studied the map and was sure that she'll never get lost.

But currently, she was late. Her alarm clock didn't work and she woke up half an hour late.

Jihyun boarded a bus that would take her to BH Academy. She noticed some people with the same uniform as her and realised she wasn't the only late one. She sighed in relief was still nervous and worried. Today was her first day and being late wasn't a good first impression, was it?

When the bus finally arrived at the BH Academy stop, she got off. 

Jihyun stared at the big building in front of her. She had already seen it twice but was still blown away by the size and the amazing architecture. 

She shook her head and ran inside the gates. She couldn't be later than she already was.

Jihyun frantically searched for room number 213 where her first lesson, English, took place. At last when she found it, she took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Enter." called a voice in English. Jihyun unconsciously smiled hearing E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter