Road Trip

Family Vacation || ABANDONED

"Alright, is everyone sure they have everything?"

 

Sungjong asks as three youngsters ran up to him. Seven year old Woohyun and five year old Sungyeol were playing tug of war with Sungyeol's toy robot while ten year old Dongwoo's attention was preoccupied by playing a game of Ninja Gaiden on his DS, his tongue stuck out in concentration as his stylus in his hand furiously gliding across the screen. Woohyun and Sungyeol began to glare in hatred at each other, Woohyun smirking at his height advantage while Sungyeol was trying to figure out what was the best way to make him let go. 

 

With a sigh, Sungjong lowers his head to look at the ridiculously long checklist in his hands, which was promptly snatched by another hand, which belongs to his husband.

 

"Myungsoo..."

 

The raven haired man on a cherry lollipop before tossing the now crumbled list into the nearby trashcan. "Sungjong, the five of us are geniuses, do you really think we need a list?"

 

In fact, Myungsoo works as a famous CEO in some education-focused company while Sungjong works as an teacher for smart gifted children.

 

Sungjong watches his beloved Myungsoo carry a set of romance manhwa and a jar of lemon candies mixed with cherry-flavoured ones he recently bought not long ago. "Do you really want me to answer that?" He shook his head, sighing. "Forget it. What's with all those?" 

 

"The manhwas are for my personal entertainment. And the candies are your medicine for the ride." Myungsoo stated casually as he puts the jar on the side of the passenger's seat closest to him. The older looked back at their kids. "You might want to get them settled down, Honey."

 

Sungjong approaches over to the two fighting kids and pulled the toy out of their hands. The male gave the toy back to Sungyeol and gave Woohyun his cellphone instead. The brunette reaches out and pauses Dongwoo's game then went up to pick up Sungyeol, who already had his arms up towards him.

 

Sungyeol was already five, but he was really... small for his age for an adequate reason, so Sungjong still carried Sungyeol, but neither minded.

 

Sungyeol likes being in his daddy's arms.

 

"Okay, you three, this will be a nearly four hour ride, so you guys better behave or we won't have another one of these for a long time." Sungjong headed out to the car where Myungsoo was closing the trunk.

 

They both shared a glance.

 

"Have you three already used the bathroom?"

 

Woohyun and Dongwoo both looked at each other before racing to the bathroom, shoving each other out of the way as they ran. Dongwoo slams into the wall and Woohyun took his moment of hesitation to open the door and run inside and lock the door.

 

"Muahahaha!" Woohyun laughs evilly inside the small room.

 

Dongwoo pounds onto the door. "Woohyun! You jerk!"

 

Sungyeol shifts in Sungjong's arms."Daddy?"

 

"Yes, sweetie?"

 

"Am I really going to be stuck for almost four hours with Woohyun hyung?"

 

Sungyeol always sat in the middle between Woohyun and Dongwoo.

 

Right... 

 

Because for a four hour trip, that was a bad idea.

 

"Um, why don't you sit behind me and have Dongwoo in the middle?"

 

The five year old choding nods his head, satisfied of the seating arrangement.

 

Woohyun stepped out of the bathroom, looking triumphant. Dongwoo frowns at him and went to go inside but Sungjong clears his throat from the hallway, extending a hand out towards him. Dongwoo sighs then walks over to his Daddy and surrenders him his DS. Dongwoo turns to walk away.

 

"Dongwoo."

 

He handed him his PSP. The last thing any of them needed was for Dongwoo to suddenly start playing video games in the bathroom and forget about the trip. Myungsoo slams the trunk shut. "We'll leave in 15 minutes." He says, on his 3rd cherry lollipop.

 

Sungjong nodded as ge shifted Sungyeol in his arms. "Fine, I just hope you don't make me reget not taking up he offer to fly to Vegas."

 

"But your kids wanted a road trip."

 

Sungjong smiles at the little genius in his hold. "I know right? The things we do for our kids."

 

Dongwoo walks out of the bathroom and Sungjong took Sungyeol there, barely catching Myungsoo mumble something along the lines of, "You mean the things I get stuck doing because you cannot say the word No. ". Sungjong let that slide.

 

Once they had all finished going to the bathroom and Dongwoo got his games back, the five got into Myungsoo's car.

 

Sungjong turns his head to look back at the three. "Now, are you sure you all have everything?"

 

Sungyeol, Woohyun and Dongwoo nod their head in unison, cutely.

 

"Really, Sungjong." Myungsoo glances at his lover, chewing on the lollipop.

 

Brown eyes stared at him back. "Alright . Just don't blame me when something's missing." Sungjong saw Myungsoo put the keys in the ignition. "And please, don't make me regret not letting Sunggyu drive us."

 

"Why would you regret that?" Myungsoo smiles innocently at Sungjong.

 

"Because if you're half as bad a driver as Sunggyu hyung made me believe , I'm going to fear for our lives."

 

"We're going to die?" Woohyun asks, bringing awkward silence to the car.

 

Sungjong did his best to curve his lips into an convincing smile at his children and spoke through gritted teeth. "No , of course not. Right, Myungsoo?"

 

"...Right. If you think about it, the chance of us dying are"

 

"Just drive, Myungsoo."

 

The raven nods lazily and they pulled out of their driveway, and the clock began at two-forty in the morning.

 

Why were they going so early? Well, since Myungsoo was going to be doing the driving, he got to decide. Going at an ungodly hour of the morning should help them beat traffic to the famous Sin City.

 

________________________________________

 

3 : 50 AM

 

"Myungsoo Honey, slow down." Sungjong said with a sleepy voice. He blinks a couple of times and rubs his eyes with the back of his hands.

 

"I am not going fast," Myungsoo replied, shaking his head as his eyes focused on the road.

 

"You're pushing ninety."

 

"And?"

 

"The speed limit calls for seventy."

 

"... Your point?"

 

Sungjong shook his head and looked behind them.

 

Woohyun is completely into his Samsung grand prime so far, smiling cheekily as he takes a picture with the front camera of his phone, munching on a chocolate bar. Sungjong nearly cringes. He didn't expect Myungsoo's photography habit and his sweet obsession is somewhat inherited. Sungjong hoped the seven year old wouldn't get moody later. He didn't doubt Woohyun could handle an insane amount of taking selcas very well, but he might not fare out so well after being in a car for so long.

 

His gaze fell on Dongwoo who was playing Ninja Gaiden still. He kept mumbling on about "a million hornets" and "holy crap, I think I'm getting ."  Sungjong just hoped his DS and whatever else he had on him would keep him entertained for the ride.

 

Finally, Sungjong turns to look at Sungyeol, who was staring out the window, having his toy robot fire invisible lasers at all the cars they passed. Sungjong smiled. At least he was pleased with whatever he's doing.

 

"Sungjong Honey, go to sleep." Myungsoo told his lover, a hand on the steering wheel as his other hand taps on Sungjong's thigh.

 

The brunette gave a small yawn. "Fine, try not to do anything stupid while I'm out."

 

"You forget Sungjong, I make up the top three best CEO in the world. I can't just simply do something stupid." He snuck a glance at Sungjong who had a brow raised.

 

"Really now? And what do you call that spur-of-ther-moment trip to Hawaii last year?"

 

Myungsoo's lips turned into a smirk. "A fabulous idea a drunk man came up with."

 

"Fabulous? We forgot the kids!"

 

"They were with their aunt Mijoo."

 

"We got tattoos."

 

"Details, please."

 

Another yawn escapes Sungjong's lips and he opted for taking a nap instead of saying something in front of the kids he might regret.

 

________________________________________

 

4 : 29 AM

 

"Daddy," Woohyun calls softly.

 

Sungjong shifts in the passenger's seat, breathing deeply as he opened his eyes. He looked around for a second before realizing who called him. "Yes, sweetie?" Sungjong glances back.

 

Woohyun chews on his lower lip for a bit as he rubs his stomach. The brunetter caught this and worry graces itself in his eyes.

 

"What's wrong? Do you feel sick?"

 

"Mmhmm.."

 

Sungjong looks back at Myungsoo and opens his mouth to speak when he noticed the half new empty jar of cherry lollipops with his lemon candy untouched. "What the— Where'd that jar come from? And where'd the other jar go?"

 

"Glove compartment."

 

"How the hell did you— Nevermind that. Woohyun's feeling sick. Is there a restroom area somewhere?"

 

"Does fast-food restaurants and gast stations count?" Myungsoo asks, dumbly.

 

"Duh. Yes."

 

"Then another twenty minutes or so."

 

Nodding, Sungjong looked at Woohyun. "Think you can hold out for that long?"

 

Woohyun made a face of discomfort but nodded slowly.

 

"Try to distract yourself until then."

 

Woohyun reaches for a chocolate bar.

 

Sungjong took it before he could get it. A sixteenth bar of chocolate wouldn't help Woohyun at all. "... You have my permission to mess with Sungyeol, but within a range."

 

The seven year old pokes Sungyeol's side hardly. "Hey!"

 

The only near one in the car sighed. He would regret that choice later, he knew.

 

"That decision will come back to bite you." Myungsoo said.

 

"Shut up."

 

________________________________________

 

5 : 05 AM

 

They had made it to a small fast-food place with half the name gone from the broken sign above the restaurant. Before Sungjong could voice his thoughts about whether or not that place was safe to go in, Woohyun practically ran out of the car the moment it stopped, his hand covering his mouth.

 

"Okay then." Sungjong nods. He and Myungsoo got up, the latter holding two romance manhwas occupied on his hand.

 

Dongwoo steps out of the car and pauses his game, putting his DS somewhere in its case in his small shoulder bag as he carries Sungyeol with one hand. He walks over to Sungjong and pulls the rim of his shirt to get his attention.

 

"Yes, Dongwoo?"

 

"I'm hungry."

 

Sungjong looks over at Myungsoo in question.

 

The raven shrugs, his eyes focused on his comics. "We have about ninety miles left."

 

"Alright, we'll get some food then." The brunette picks up Sungyeol who's in Dongwoo's hold, his hand raised towards him as he wants to be carried. Dongwoo can only follow his younger brother whenever he's safe.

 

"Don't forget two slices of strawberry shortcake or double fudge chocolate cake, whichever they have. Oh, and some coffee since I'm getting a little sleepy." Myungsoo mumbles as he flips a page of the romance manhwa in his hands, biting on his lower lip while his eyes scans the dialogues of the characters along with the art.

 

Sungjong glances at his lover and pokes his side. "You're driving though. And it's rare for you to eat sweets."

 

"I'm aware of that, Honey. Which is why I only want two slices, instead of my usual—"

 

"Triple decker chocolate cake with extra fudge and a chocolate milk shake." Sungjong mutters.

 

Myungsoo's eyes lift up to look at his lover and bends down slightly to peck his cheek. "You know me so well."

 

"Well, we've only been together for five years, I would hope so."

 

Myungsoo waves him off.

 

Sungjong rolls his eyes.

 

"Would you like something to eat, Sungyeol?" The brunette asked as they reached the cashier.

 

The small boy let his eyes roam the menu behind the counter and buries his head on Sungjong's chest, shyly. "....Pancakes."

 

Aww. Cute. "Sure." Sungjong smiled at the teenager behind the counter who was staring and blushing. He didn't look much older than sixteen, but Sungjong could be mistaken.

 

"Good morning," Sungjong greets with that dazzling smile of his that he uses to get what he wanted. To the cashier's vision, when Sungjong smiles, his surroundings blurred and tiny sparks of glitter and little stars were visible with Sungjong's shining aura. Sungjong would use it on Myungsoo, but apparently Myungsoo was immune to it, although he fell for the puppy eyes hook line and sinker every time.

 

"G-G-Good mor-morning."

 

Sungjong's smile faltered a fraction. Did the kid have a speech impediment? What was he even doing working at a rickety place like this at a still ungodly hour of the morning? No matter, he looked over the menu behind the kid. "Um... Right, I'd like the blueberry pancakes, a slice of chocolate ice cream cake, let's see... 1 slice of double fudge chocolate cake with a cup of strong coffee—"

 

"I thought it was two?" Dongwoo asks, pausing his game as he lifts his head to look at Sungjong questioningly.

 

"It was, but I'm giving him just one. Don't want your daddy to be high in sugar. " Sungjong shakes his head. At least they had something Myungsoo wanted. "Has Woohyun come out yet?"

 

Dongwoo races to the bathroom childishly and partly sluggish and checks, sticking his ear close to the door to hear. He could hear Woohyun hurling and cursing. Dongwoo went back to his Daddy moments later. "He'll be out in a bit."

 

The brunette lets out a sigh. "What would you like, Dongwoo?"

 

"Hmm... Chocolate chip pancakes?"

 

"Alright," Sungjong turns to look at the cashier. "I'll have that and I'll take a cup of warm honey lemon tea along with three pieces of scones." At least the restaurant had everything they wanted for breakfast, although Sungjong would have rather gone for something healthier for the kids.

 

The teenage boy nodded several times as he placed their order, blushing all the while. Sungjong hands him the money he needed and simply took a glance at the change in his hand to make sure it was calculated right.

 

Woohyun finally walks out of the bathroom, looking a little pale and dizzy.

 

"Ah, Woohyun sweetie," Sungjong pocketed the change and shifts Sungyeol's weight. He leaned down a bit,  reaching a hand out to rest on Woohyun's forehead. "Feeling any better?"

 

Woohyun slowly nods his head. "No more road trips..."

 

Sungjong chuckles. "Don't worry, at the rate we're going, I don't think we'll be taking another road trip for a long time."

 

"I'm sorry, Daddy..." Woohyun lowers his head, guiltily.

 

"It's alright, Woohyun, don't worry about anything, okay? Just focus on getting better." Sungjong's gentle tone calmed Woohyun a bit, making him nod.

 

The cashier stares at Sungjong, eyes wide. He was a dad?

 

"Daddy, are you sure only you'll be getting one slice will be okay?" Dongwoo asks, resuming to his game after seeing that his younger brother wasn't about to hurl his guts out in front of them.

 

"I think it will be enough." Sungyeol spoke up.

 

"Uhh..." Maybe he should run and get their order.

 

Sungjong never even noticed him. "I've been meaning to try to get him cut back a bit on the sweets."

 

"And how's that going?" Dongwoo hums, bringing his attention out of the ongoing game when he notices Woohyun look like he was about to toss his cookies again.

 

Sungjong ruffles Woohyun's hair. "Not well."

 

"What is not going well?"

 

"Speak of the devil," Sungjong mutters as he sets Sungyeol down so he could look more intimidating. Sungjong looks back at Myungsoo. "Nothing."

 

"Lies." Myungsoo coughs and flips a page over his 4th romance manhwa comic, his eyes as sharp as always. He takes a glance behind the empty counter. "Have you ordered yet?"

 

"Yes."

 

"I think the cashier likes Daddy."

 

Myungsoo tilts his head to the side, staring at his lover while the wave of jealousy began to build up inside him, making him close his romance manhwa comic.

 

"No, he doesn't," Sungjong spoke, bringing a hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose.  A jealous Myungsoo was the last thing he needed. Well, the last thing he needed was... 

 

"Oh yes, he does! he was giving you that look." Dongwoo said. It seems as though Woohyun's usual habit of speaking up and causing trouble was taken up by Dongwoo since the younger wasn't feeling well. Sungjong briefly had to wonder if both Woohyun and Dongwoo couldn't talk, then would Sungyeol take up their place? That was a scary thought.

 

"What look?" Myungsoo narrowed his eyes, an imaginary black aura emitting around the male.

 

"No look." Sungjong shakes his head.

 

"It was that one look that— Mrblmrmmph." Dongwoo pauses his game again and glances up at Sungjong who had placed a hand over his son's mouth. The brunette gave Myungsoo an innocent smile.

 

"Keep talking and you'll never see your video games again is what he's saying." Woohyun whispers for Sungjong who rolls his eyes. Even when sick Woohyun likes to cause trouble.

 

Myungsoo stares straight at Sungjong. " Don't make me regret this family trip, Honey."

 

"It's not like I'll let you turn the car around. And I'm sorry this was so much to ask for, to spend time with your family." Sungjong shot.

 

"The family that you were particularly adamant on having."

 

Woohyun, realizing where this conversation was going just a bit before the other two, took the bags from the cashier who came back and took Dongwoo's  and Sungyeol's hands before walking out of there with them. Along the way, he was muttering something along the lines of, "This family, it's no wonder we all have terrible addictions."

 

Sungjong crossed his arms over his chest, completely forgetting that they had a tiny audience. He never even noticed when the kids left. "You weren't complaining the night before we made them."

 

Ooh. Low blow.

 

"They could always go back. I mean by the orphanage." Myungsoo spoke. But he was really only saying that to save face, he would never make the three go to the orphanage. He hated to admit the fact that he had grown quite font of those three. Not to mention, Sungjong was a great mother— Er, father, and it was amusing to watch most of the time.

 

Caramel eyes narrowed dangerously. "Over my dead body." Ooh, a protective, mo—father. He was one hell of a scary person to deal with when it came to the kids, as Myungsoo had quickly found out as soon as the three came in their lives. So Myungsoo had accidentally forgotten about the kids for a few hours, they were fine. After all, it was normal for the little kids to cry their eyes out, right?

 

Chibi Sungjong wacks Myungsoo's head hardly. "No! You erted idiot!" )

 

"Do you really want me over your dead body? I can do all sorts of things to you if I can."

 

Sungjong closes his eyes and gives out an exasperated sigh. He seems to be doing that a lot lately. "Look, forget it, alright?" Let's just go back to the car, finish the road trip and hope to hell that we never take another one—"

 

What was the best way to shut Sungjong up?

 

By kissing him, of course.

 

The cashier's eyes went wide and a dark blush spread over his face before he 'eeped' and scurried back into the kitchen, wanting to give those two some privacy.

 

Myungsoo pushes Sungjong back, the brunette's hands going to the edge of the counter to support himself while Myungsoo's hands found their place over his.

 

"Myungsoo—" Sungjong began, tring to pull away. "N-Not here." He gave a soft moan when Myungsoo moves lower, tracing his wet tongue all the way down to his neck and collarbones then started biting and lightly on a patch of Sungjong's soft skin.

 

"T-The kids! Where are the kids?" Sungjong pushes Myungsoo away with the strength that surprised Myungsoo who gave a disappointed sigh.

 

"You worry too much. They are in the car." Myungsoo tries to kiss him again but Sungjong moves away.

 

"Not here, Myungsoo! Sheesh! Have some control, will you?"

 

"You should tell yourself that." Myungsoo deadpanned.

 

Sungjong stares then looked away when he felt his cheeks get a little warm. He couldn't believe Myungsoo still managed to affect him this much. Even after nearly ten years since they first met... Although they hated each other when they met in high school as the two most smartest students in the whole school ever. Who would've thought they would end up together?

 

Jiae did, she was making bets all throughout high school.

 

But he guesses it wasn't a bad thing, at least Myungsoo wouldn't bore him anytime soon. Though he wasn't sure yet if that was a good thing or not.

 

"Let's just go now."

 

Sungjong left no room for argument as he walked out of there.

 

Myungsoo hums lowly as his lover walked away carelessly and lifts his chin up to glance at the cashier who was watching them from the little window on the door.

 

Myungsoo's lips slowly curved into an mischievous smirk and mouthed "He's mine. My , my property." Ending with an sensual of his pair of lips and a wink, he leaves as well with his hands tucked in his pockets, leaving a sixteen year old to question his uality. 

 

When Sungjong got inside the car, the three stopped eating and watched him curiously.

 

The brunette up an eyebrow. "...What?" He reaches out for his honey lemon tea.

 

Woohyun and Dongwoo grinned cheekily in unison before returning all their attention to their food. Sungyeol, being the honest boy, continued to watch his mother slash father for another moment before returning to his own food saying, "Daddy Myungmyung left ah mhark."

 

Myungsoo had no idea why Sungjong had glared out the car window for the next twenty minutes while trying to lift the collar of his dress shirt a little higher.

 

________________________________________

 

6 : 45 AM

 

"Whoa! I can see it! That's it, right? Daddy!" Woohyun asks excitedly, pointing straight ahead.

 

Sungjong chuckled. "Yes Woohyunnie. That's Vegas."

 

"Sweet! I can't wait to find me some—" Woohyun caught sight of the questioning look on Sungjong's face, ".... Some quality time with my brothers."

 

Dongwoo snorts beside him which earned him a whack on the head.

 

Sungyeol simply ignored thim and continues to on a lemon candy.

 

Sungjong sighed. It was his own fault, after all it was his choice to be with Myungsoo and he was fully aware that being with Myungsoo meant one great headache for him after another.

 

Not to mention, having three kids wasn't easy either. If it wasn't stopping Woohyun and Dongwoo from holding Sungyeol upside down over the balcony, stopping Sungyeol from stealing Woohyun's cosmetics kit or stopping Woohyun from breaking Dongwoo's precious video games, it was trying to keep Myungsoo from terrorizing the streets by making uneasy moms threaten to call the police department when Myungsoo got too close to their kids.

 

Sungjong cringed. At least he only had deal witb the kids until Sungyeol turns eighteen... Thirteen years from now. And Myungsoo, well..

 

 

 

Goodbye sanity, I knew you well.

 

 

 

"So where are we going to be staying? MGM? The Excalibur? Oh, I know! Circus Circus!" Woohyun claps his hands.

 

"Not a chance in hell." Sungjong replies smoothly, caressing his hair back. "The last thing I need is for the three of you to sneak out of the hotel and come back, wasted into oblivion and having thrown up everything since your first meal after riding the roller coaster seven hundred times."

 

"......." Dongwoo and Sungyeol stares curiously at their mother.

Woohyun, meanwhile, had wide and sparkling eyes. "You think so highly of us! I knew there was a reason you were my favorite!"

Myungsoo glanced at him through the rearview mirror. Woohyun grinned sheepishly at his father and turns his attention back to Sungjong.

"Y'know, I was only thinking of winning every stuffed animal before going on the roller coaster and tossing them overboard to make it rain stuffed animals and then celebrate with some spiked punch... But now that I think about it, your idea sounds much better!" Woohyun bounced in his seat as he rambled on about plotting to take over Circus Circus.

"Good Lord, please give me strength." Sungjong breathes out, messing his hair.

"I did not know you were religious." Myungsoo said.

"... If I were to be religious, there might be a new saint. Saint Kim Myungsoo."

"You know your sarcasm could mean the end of you." The raven comments cheerfully.

( "Saint Lee Sungjong~" A chibi ghost of Kim Myungsoo floats around with his hands up in the air, chanting the new nickname. Meanwhile, chibi Sungjong stares at the older weirdly, an "why-do-I-love-this-guy" expression drawn on his face. )

"Shut up."

"look on the bright side, Honey."

"Which is?"

"It looks like it will rain today."

Sungjong looks at him from the corner of his eyes, fingers still entangled in his hair. "And how is that a good thing?"

"That means the kids can spend the day in the hotel with us."

"... And how is that a good thing?"

"Dun't worrie, Daddy. We promish not to get into too much trouhble." Sungyeol speaks in a slurred tone. Dongwoo nods, his attention barely on them.

"Yeah, whatever he said."

The two looked over at Woohyun.

"I make no such promise. Promises are meant to be broken."

Myungsoo looks over to his lover when he stops at a stoplight. He opens his mouth to speak but Sungjong raises a hand up.

"Don't try to cheer me up."

The light turns green and they continued, the three youngsters staring out the windows in awe, even Dongwoo pauses his game for a bit,

"I was only going to say that this trip will be only be for a week."

"A week of hell."

"Quite possible— But one good thing will come out of this."

"What?"

"We will never take another road trip again."

"... True."

As they drove towards the three Signature towers where they were going to stay, Sungjong breathes in deeply then lets it all out,

Maybe this rip won't be so bad after all,

"Sungjong Honey, where did you put our clothes?" Myungsoo asks, once they arrived at the hotel. He was standing outside the car, looking around in the trunk to see where the suitcase was. He found the kids' clothe easily. His and Sungjong's, not so much.

"..."

"Did you forget them?"

"... I told you we needed a checklist."

( "My wife is such a goldfish~" Chibi Myungsoo grins sheepishly like a cat, only to get shoved away by his lover. "Shut up, you alien chibi ert." Chibi Sungjong threatens, pulling Myungsoo's fluffy hair and shaking it around, dragging his head. Chibi Myungsoo whines and taps on Sungjong's hands. "Stoooop." He whimpers, squirming. "No." Chibi Sungjong shakes his head. )