Case Closed

The Hidden Psychopath

"What happened?" Jessica ran fast towards the closed hall from where Suzy came from, also from where she was before Jackson came in and asked her to bring the drinks to Amber. 

Amber followed suit, maintaining her calm stance but seemed to be dead worried at the same time. She walked briskly, while hoping nothing serious happened to her new crew member. Opening the closed knob she entered and found the lights were off and everything was silent. She tried reaching for the switch and with one click the lights went on and...

"Welcome to Domus!" The new head was taken aback surprised. She least expected it, seeing her people welcoming her and preparing a celebration like this for her entrance. 

It was a really happy mood, different dishes on the table, drinks and gifts. The girls giving her a hawaiian flower necklace they personally made, the guys giving her guy stuffs like baller and dog tag and them writing on a huge board their messages. 

"April 24, 2015, welcome to our new boss. We hope to share joyous times and memories with you and I hope it would be okay if we call you sir Amber" The tomboy smiled at the message and nodded at them, expressing her acceptance for the honorifics proposal and continued in reading their messages. 

"Thank you, I really didn't expect this but still thank you" her people just smiled at her and they shared a toast. 

Amber madr the first slice of the cake marking the start of their eating. She remarked on the dishes served, noting how it was carefully done abd how delicious it was. She felt lucky for having them as hers, in no time Domus will become one of the well known restaurant in the states and all their hard work will pay off. 

"Enjoying everything?" Amber looked behind and saw Jessica holding to glasses of champagne in her hands. She eyed at it knowing that it is really not appropriate for them to drink but the other girl just winled at her in response. 

"Ma'am told us to have the day for ourselves so relax and have fun" 

Amber gave in and took the glass, taking a small sip before putting it on the table. 

" I commend Suzy's acting, it looks so real" 

"Oh yeah? You think she needs to audition for a role?"

"Maybe, it was absolutely convincing" 

"She has dreams of becoming an artist, Eric has a thing for her" 

Amber followed Jessica's line of sight and saw Eric talking with Suzy in the corner while the other boys have their own circle at another corner. She already recognized each and every one of them and knows who was missing.

"Where's Tyler?" Jessica scrunched her brows and raised one afterwards, moving her glass in a circular motion. 

"That guys just appears from nowhere" 

"Is he really a creep?" 

"More like obssessed, I've turned him down for quite a number of times now but he doesn't quit" 

"Maybe he loves you that much"

"Still a creep" 

"Before I really wanted to stop my heart and mind. They're the ones responsible for people to fall in love and afterwards get broken."

 "Not always, sometimes love is just beautiful as it is" Amber remained silent and continued with her food, watching them move and laugh with one another. 

"Excuse me" After finishing her plate, Amber excused herself from Jessica and walked to the kitchen. 

She knew a pair of eyes was on her since earlier but she didn't mind it but when she can still feel its prescence, she fastened her pace towards the washing room. 

"I know ypu are following me, is there any problem?" 

From the back of the door Tyler went out and approached her, his eyes locked at hers who didn't even show any feeling of fear in it. 

"Do you like Jessica?" He asked. Stopping a few feet away from her. His fists was.clenched and his eyes were as if flaming. 

 

"How'd you say so?" 

"Your eyes never left her" 

"Maybe because she was talking to me?" 

"Jessica is mine" Tyler moved one step closer but was stopped just by Amber's glare. The tomboy didn't show any fear at all, sitting on a stoll with her legs crossed she appeared completely unaffected by the guy's scary approach. 

"I don't think so, you're not a couple" 

"It's because Jackson is taking her away from me"

"So you hate him?" 

"Just leave Jessica alone" 

_

"The elder Liu's case is closed, the suspected robber was found dead in his apartment with the Liu's things inside, he's definitely it." Taeyeon threw the case folder to her partner Yuri who just sipped her favorite coffee.

"Case closed, May 9, 2015. I'll inform the Liu's" 

Almost a month of tracking and hunting, the FBI finally located the suspected killer of Amber's grandmother and much to their surprise, he was found dead in an apartmebt building, hanging from the ceiling of his room with all the things of the Liu inside. 

Yuri came back to their desk witha smile and give Taeyeon a quick brofist before slumping down her recliner and sifting to another pile of case files on her folder. 

"The case about this Minho didn't even have any progress at all" 

Taeyeon opened the folder and saw the murdered man's picture and the details of his death. 

"Buried face down with wrists tied and evidence of severe head trauma from repeated blows on the head... hm, this was quite an unusual kind of murder"

 

"Hate crime?" 

"Maybe? We need to check this again. The agents from LA was stuck with this.because of lack of evidence." 

"Sure. I'll tell our superior about this." 

_

"Thanks for driving us home Sir Amber" Jackson and Amber stood infront of the former's house, exactly 15 days after they first met they became close to each other for Jackson to tell his intention to confess to Jessica which Amber fully supports. 

That night they planned about what they are going to do that led them to be infront of Jackson's house after being driven home by his boss. 

"No prob, just call me if you need anything" Amber waved one last goodbye to Jackson before leaving. 

The handsome chef turned the knob open and entered his house, feeling both nervous and excited about his plans in the following days. 

He got some food from the refrigerator and took a seat on the couch as he turned the television on. He just raised his feet on the center table when his eyes caught a red box on the side of the door. Carefully, he took it and tore the wrapper apart, revealing another wooden box with a writing of 'open me' on top. 

Slowly, he lift the head and his heart almost jumped out of his body when a spring sprang where a head of a clown was attached. 

Jesus

He muttered when he composed.himself back to normal. He thought of who is possible of doing a prank like this to him but he saw a folded note on the side of the box. The note was written on red ink and was folded 9 times lengthwise.

"Hi I'm Jack from the box, where to find me?"