TL:DR

Be Natural

Baekhyun started it, "Kkaebsong..." The guys glanced at each other smothering laughter with their hands. Sehun looked ready to tease mercilessly but bit back a nervous giggle as she cut him off.

Tikki snapped, causing the guys to jump in surprise, "Shut up." A flood of emotions crossed her face like a fast moving thunderstorm.

"Of course he got it, our camera man is a professional," It was plain that she was only addressing herself but the guys were witness to the monologue. "I mean, it's his job to catch all the moments of these types of shows. We want someone attentive and alert to opportunites of extreme embarassment no matter how mortifying it might be. Snuggy-wuggy-huggy sweetums indeed like I would ever say anything like that." She dared to look over at Lay. Still kneeling in is pile of toys hunting out stickers it looked like he was completely oblivious. "Oh, heck just rip the bandaid off. D.O, who's next?"

D.O. caught Tikki's eye and smirked, she blurted out, "I don't like you. There's really no other choice for you to make but I still don't like you."

Scrunching up his face he laughed hard as she continued, "You are plummeting down my bias list. You're still above Kai, Tao, and Chanyeol but you are THIS close!"

"Come on, don't be like that." D.O. made inviting motions with his hands while opening his arms. "Forgive me?"

"What the heck is that?" Tikki looked ready to spit on him.

"Hug it out and forgive me." D.O. made to close the gap between them, his arms narrowing to embrace Tikki like an old-school movie monster.

About to be trapped, Tikki thunked D.O. on the forehead, "Do I look like a hugger to you? No. No. Stop it. Oh heck."

Tikki sneered as D.O. ignored her protests and snared her just as she twisted to the side. Her shoulder was in his throat and her elbow distanced the rest of his body from her.

"I'm so uncomfortable." D.O. held on as Tikki manuevered the duo until she could see Suho. "Can you please remove this unsightly growth?"

"She's my sister from another mister." D.O. declared as Suho forcibly peeled his arms from around Tikki.

Tikki her hand, pressing it to his cheeck with enough strength to turn his head; a slimy slo-mo slap. "Don't talk about your mom like that," she wagged her finger at D.O.

D.O. quickly bowed to camera, "No, umma. This girl keeps trying to get me into trouble. Umma, she is the bad influence on me. I'm still your angel." He performed an aegyo heart. "I just meant that if I had a sister, she would probably be like Tikki."

"Every one knows you are the evil one, Momma's boy."

"Daddy's girl."

"I still don't like you."

"Good. I am comfortable being your enemy."

"You're not interesting or creative enough to be my enemy." Tikki laughed.

"That is the meanest thing that anyone has ever said to me." D.O. was actually hurt by her words.

Tikki put a comforting hand on D.O.'s arm, "You can be someone's nemisis someday, I believe in you, but I recreate seige weapons in my spare time and have a small army of minions at my disposal. You are a pop-singer.....If I want to get back at you, the SM building is on the edge of my home neighborhood. One word from me and you will never make it back to your dorms with money in your pocket and on occassion you will end up in Chinatown."

"Everyone winds up in Chinatown sooner or later. I'm not scared."

Luhan spoke up, "We are going to sell you if that ever happens."

"Make sure you get higher than going-rate." Tikki and D.O. chimed in together before high-fiving in surprise.

Tikki snickered, "The world should be terrified that there are 2 of us."

"Should we just do this, then?" D.O. rocked on his heels, "It wasn't that embarrassing."

"The phone call? Hell, the way this day is shaping up it might be a highlight. Keep the hits coming."

*****************
"Lay-ge, it is your turn to pick from the baskets." D.O. invited his pick, knowing he could have chosen someone else technically. Instead he went to shake Lay out of his activity as Tikki shook her head in annoyance.

While D.O. passed to return to his seat, Tikki her finger and stuck it in his ear in retaliation.

"I'm not done with my stickers yet..." Lay held up the shirt for the camera, the stickers neatly lined up on the empty back. "Hey...cool shirt." He finally noticed the front, puzzling it out he asked, "Where did you get this?"

Flipping the shirt he exposed a graphic advertising 'Zhang Yixing World Domination Tour: 2020' above a long list of locations and tour dates across the globe.

"I  tutored a business student in cost analysis; he makes t-shirts for fun so he buys me off for teaching him stuff. I have about forty of them at home. You can keep that one if you want." Tikki kicked at the baskets to remind Lay why they were there. "We figure it'll just take a few years before you make the concert a reality."

Biting his bottom lip, Lay stared at the rolled questions, "I'll go for a question since I'm already on my herding expedition...polka dots. Mine." Snagging the ribbon, he glanced at the paper after unrolling the scroll. "So you won a competition to spend the day with us?" he asked conversationly.

"I don't know if that was the orignal prize, after I won they asked who I wanted to meet, Exo was my second choice." Tikki tried to take the scroll from Lay to get it over with.

"Wait...we were your second choice? Who was first? I wanna know."

"f(x) was my first choice. Luna, Amber, Victoria they seem like a lot of fun and I never hang out with girls so I thought it was a good opportunity."

"f(x) was your first choice, how disappointing we must be." Lay teased keeping the scroll out of reach. Tikki scowled at him so he pulled back, "Are we at least proving to be fun? Maybe you should have chosen Super Junior."

"What the hell would I have done with Super Junior? I only know 2 of their names and I didn't have any time to study up."

"Which 2 do you know?"

"Leeteuk and Yesung...They're both in the group, right? " Tikki blushed twisting her hands into her sweater until she realized she was stretching the borrowed cloth.

Chanyeol pipped up, "Not only are they in the group, I think they're in the building. Shall I get them for you, meimei?" Chanyeol started toward the door.

"Take another step and you are not going to walk for a month, Happy Virus." Tikki threatened.

Chen typed quickly and went to Chanyeol's side, 'I know women, drop it, she will kill you. Never tease girls about who they like unless they like you too.' Chanyeol thought over the words, sizing up the tiny girl in front of him. He remembered something his father said about his own sister 'even small firecrackers can blow your hand off if improperly handled.' He backed down.

"Why don't you hang out with girls?" Lay asked another question of their guest.

"My hubaes are guys. I'm the only female studying engineering at my school, I think there's a girl in the physics department but physics kids are weird."

"Engineering? Why did you go into that?"

"Building things, figuring out how they work is very satisfying to me. Last year I was part of a think tank that found a way to make a mobile water purifier that only needs a single tool to put together. It can be set up within hours of a natural disaster."

The guys looked impressed, they may not have grasped why it was important but they knew it was useful to have water.

"Wow, you're a genius." Lay was sincere with his praise. "I thought Suho was smart, you're on another level." He slipped his polka dot ribbon on the end of her braid and began tying it.

"Not really," The guys thought she was being modest so she explained, "I know geniuses, they can barely function. I'll take a capable person over a genius any day. I would say I'm a 'fixer'. If I see a problem, I dream up ways to correct it. People need to look outside themselves and what has been done in the past, if it works great, if not change it up. Get creative."

"What have you fixed lately?"

The questions were starting to annoy Tikki, she wasn't supposed to be the star today, but then Lay flashed his dimple and she found herself answering. "There is an appartment complex in my neighborhood, all the kids there were doing terrible in school. I invited them to play basketball every morning. Once I got them playing basketball with me, I set up free breakfast at their school, so I walked them to school and ate breakfast with them everyday. The first couple weeks the kids would leave the school once I went to my own classes but eventually they started staying, going to class, doing homework."

"That sounds good, is it still working?"

"At semester their GPA was up a full point across the group, they put in a lot of effort. Oh and...I maybe shouldn't share this." Tikki smiled at her knowledge but needed nudging.

Lay smiled again, dimpling up, "If it shows your success please share it with us. My mom's the only one who is ever going to watch this."

"I reserve no delusions that my family will not trot this out regularyly at family holidays. I respectfully request Chinese subtitles for my cousins." Tikki smiled to camera.

"I will share my story. Of the group, my youngest is 13, he works hard at school and also has a job. He is very tired and hungry all the time. He was looking forward to his lunch one day when a popular boy tripped him on purpose. My kids all get made fun of for being poor but my maknae does a worse job of covering his position than the others. So when his lunch fell, my maknae became angry, angry enough to confront the boy who tripped him. He was only hit once before 8 of my other kids stepped up to confront the other boy."

"And the other boy backed down?" D.O. interrupted.

"Oh no, they destroyed the place. Food was everywhere. Most of their parents work so I was called to the school to take charge of my kids"

"Your definition of success if strange." Kai never approved of people taking school less than serious. "They should have been expelled for causing trouble."

"No, no, no, no. These are not kids you want roaming the streets with no education, goals, or friends. You want to staple their butts to a desk, focus their energy, keep them from stealing Suho's car in the future."  

Sobering her voice, she continued. "The fight was the first time they ever acted like friends. Before I came along they wouldn't spit on each other if they were on fire. That the kids defended my maknae is spectacular. I won't be happier until I drag their exhausted corpses across the graduation stage."

Lay stuck his scroll under his arm and clapped. "Good job kids, stick together. Next time try not to fight, Tikki needs to stay at her school."

Lay thought the topic had been exhausted and changed the subject, "Now, I heard a rumor that I am your snuggy-wuggy-huggy sweetums, why have you chosen me as your bias?" Lay quirked his brow and gave Tikki a cheeky smile.

"I'm rethinking my bias list as we speak." Tikki tried to scowl at him but failed. "Yes, when I was small I went to my grandparents' for a few weeks every school break. At 2 o'clock the bell in the middle of the village would ring and bring all the kids running to see you on TV."

"Your grandparents live inChangsha?" In utter surprise, Lay bowed to the camera.

"My mom is from Changsha, my dad is Vietnam-born but was adopted to Korea after the war."

"Did you enjoy the shows?"

"Of course. I couldn't really follow the shows because the dialect was a bit rough for me,  but the music was nice and it kept me safe for an hour a day."

"Safe? Why wouldn't you be safe in Changsha?" Lay was nearly offended by the mere idea.

Tikki shrugged, "I was a strange kid who didn't know the language or the pecking order. I was chased through the woods daily, usually I climbed a tree or snuggled into a rotted out log. I had a system all worked out. When the bell rang I gave the others a head start and got to the house about 5 minutes late, I still don't know what the show is called by the way, I always had the worst seat in the room and then I would leave a few minutes early to get back to my hidding spot for the day."

"Your grandparents didn't do anything about it?"

"Grandma has a firm policy, once you leave you are out until supper time. I would eat rhubarb and sometimes I found wild strawberries. If I was caught, the boys would throw me off a cliff into a rock quarry lake filled with algae and leeches. I go back now and that cliff is ssssooooooo fricking high. It's amazing I never got hurt.
And what's weird and applicable to today, I used to hide under your grandparents' house. It was your cousins who were always pestering me."

"No way! Are you sure?" Tikki whispered a discription of the house into Lay's ear, the detail confirmed she knew the house.

"I found out less than a month ago. I don't think we ever met but, I recently went to visit and your grandma had a newspaper clipping on the table. I mentioned that I knew of the band and she goes 'Yah, he's our grandson.' She is super proud of her little boy." Tikki patted Lay on the back.

Now it was his turn to blush, the mention of his grandparents almost set him off his mission. "Wait. Under their porch? There are snakes and spiders down there." Lay shivered.

"Yah, but it meant that the Zhang boys would never follow me, safest place to hide until your grandpa heard me crawling around under the house and came to shoo me away. He thought I was a racoon."

"Was he nice to you?"

"Of course. We couldn't talk to each other at first but he would give me a cookie and tea with milk. He yelled at your cousins if they came round looking for me, grandpa never let them know we were friends. Sometimes we would walk with me back to my house and he would drink with my grandpa."

"Wow! They things you find out about your family. Information can come from anywhere." A puzzled look crossed his face, "Are you the- the muskrat? No that's not it..."

"Mongoose. As in Rikki-TIKKI-Tavi, I'm nicknamed for the story."

"Oh my god! You beat the hell out of my cousin!"

"He started it!"

"FYI, His little brother had the biggest crush on you! He would talk about you when ge-ge wasn't around." Lay was enjoying the gossip of his home.

"Creepy. That is really creepy. I am not okay knowing that. Xiumin?" She held out her hand and 'lil Fattie dutifully came over to offer his serotonin-raising services.

YiXing hadn't forgotten his original question. "And this lead you to chose me as your bias?" Lay winked at her. "I am honored by the way."

"I think I'll take my baba's advice, 'Stay away from those Zhang boys.' And don't get ahead of yourself, you are not my first k-pop bias. I didn't even know you had gotten into an idol group until last August."

Lay interrupted, "Who beat me out?"

"Aaahhhhh, It's kind of embarrassing."

Sehun spoke out leading the others to confirm it, "Come on, we're all friends here, just tell us. It can't be more embarrassing than flirting with Suho. How are we supposed to learn about each other. Fighting!"

Tikki muttered to Xiumin, "You may want to step away, I don't know if lightning is going to strike when I admit this, thank you." Releasing her hand Xiumin took two large steps to the side comically. Tikki went on to confess, "C.A.P. from TeenTop is my ultimate bias. He was my first bias and he is still the gold standard."

There was a chorus of retching sounds made behind her back. Baekhyun going as far as to say, "I don't think we can be friends anymore. Couldn't you have picked someone cool?"

Tao added his two cents, "As long as it is not Niel, I am fine with your choice."

"There are some unbelievers behind us, please convince them. What makes C.A.P. ulitmate bias material?"

"I like his cinderblock-shaped face," Tikki held her hands to square up her face. "He's really funny, he's good leader, and he seems low maintainence."

"Sounds like you're buying a car, 'I want one that's low maintenence'. Kai mocked.

"Don't be jealous just because they are your sunbaes!" Tikki scolded with a flip of her braid. The average age of TeenTop was younger but they had debuted a year ahead of Exo.

"Yes, low maintenence. I think I could pack him off to the gym for a few hours every day, very important in anyone I'm interested in. I have stuff to do. My guy needs to understand that and have a game plan for how he is going to amuse himself, other than cheat on me."

"Other than Jet, I think my hubaes would think twice before picking a fight with him. He also seems like the kind of guy who could be interested in some of the research I do. At least the stuff that explodes." Suddenly she yanked her sweater over her face, "Aashhh, can we please destroy the last ten minutes of film? Please???" muffled pleas came from the yellow sweater.

"Meimei, never cover your face on camera, people want to see it." He gently nudged her fingers until her eyes and then the rest of her face emerged. "Your reasons are sound. You must know yourself well." Lay gave her a thumbs up.

"Can we please just do whatever the scroll says?" Defeated at her admissions, Tikki was ready for the next humiliations.

"We have been." Lay showed the paper written with '21 Questions'.

"Hey! I'm supposed to ask you the questions, no one wants to know about me."

"I'm with these guys allll the time. Trust me, we are completely boring. It was good to hear from someone else." He started counting on his fingers. "I think I have one more to go. Any suggestions guys?"

Chanyeol felt starved for attention, so for a laugh he asked, "What do you think of me?"

"Personally, you're not my type." Tikki said hollowly.