NamGi - Things you said when you were drunk

BTS Drabble Collection

Yoongi knows better than anyone what Namjoon is feeling as they both down their fifth bottle of beer. Their original plan was to spend the night in the studio, composing music, writing lyrics, the usual, but after they actually get there, all inspiration goes out the window. Next thing they know, they're both getting drunk, neither of them caring at all for the consequences of tomorrow.

"I wonder if he knows how I feel," Namjoon says suddenly, and Yoongi just stares, waiting for him to continue. "Seokjin hyung..."

Yoongi doesn't say a word, just now remembering that drunken Namjoon has a tendency to say whatever's on his mind, and most of the time, it’s Seokjin.

"I wonder if he knows how important he is to me, to all of us," Namjoon leans back after emptying his bottle. "I know that he thinks he's not talented, that he's not good enough, and on far too many occasions, I've heard him cry himself to sleep... And I just want him to know that we don't think that... I just want him to know that we love him, but I want him to know what I love him more, not just as a hyung, as a..."

Namjoon trails off, and Yoongi can only nod. And then Namjoon is laughing as he opens another beer, his seventh one at least, and downs half the bottle in one go. There's a heavy silence as he slowly drinks the rest, and when he throws the bottle, there's a loud clatter as it makes contact with the floor, startling Yoongi. Namjoon reaches for another one, and Yoongi doesn't stop him, but he hasn't drank any since Namjoon had started speaking. The silence comes and goes as Namjoon continues to drink, only pausing briefly between bottles. Eventually though, he comes up empty when he tries to grab another, and Yoongi is secretly relieved. He allowed this to start, and he hasn't had the heart to tell Namjoon to stop.

They both look at the door when there's a knock. Neither of them move, Namjoon because he's too out of it, and Yoongi is frozen because he knows exactly who it is; there's only one person that cares enough to visit at this time of night. Just as he's thinking that, the door opens slowly, and Seokjin pokes his head in, wide smile on his face.

"Hey guys, thought you would need some food," Seokjin says as he enters the room. "I hope I made enough to last you the night."

Caring and selfless Seokjin. Yoongi forces himself to stand up and take what Seokjin is offering, ignoring the way that Seokjin is sending concerned glances in Namjoon's direction.

"Is he okay?" Seokjin asks, and Yoongi is tempted to tell the truth, tell him that Namjoon is drunk out of his mind, but he knows that'll just upset Seokjin, and so, he just nods.

"He's just in his own world right now, no worries." Yoongi offers what he hopes is a convincing smile, and Seokjin smiles back as he pulls Yoongi into a hug.

"Take care of yourselves, okay?"

"We will, hyung," Yoongi says, though really, they haven't been, and probably won’t be. "You take care of yourself too, and get more sleep."

Seokjin laughs as he waves goodbye and leaves. Yoongi responds less enthusiastically. Yes, Yoongi understands exactly how Namjoon is feeling, because he feels the exact same way.