YoonJin - Things you said that made me feel like

BTS Drabble Collection

“He’s never going to make it,” he hears someone say loudly while laughing. “Just another talentless pretty boy.”

Seokjin sighs as he makes eye contact with Min Yoongi, the one that had just said those things. Deep down, he knows that Yoongi’s right; he knows that he really does have no chance. Still though, he tries. He pushes himself to the point of collapse, to the point where his throat is screaming for him to stop. Still, he pushes on, because of Yoongi’s words echoing in his head. Yoongi made him feel like , and that makes him want to prove him wrong.

And at the end of another long day, Seokjin is on the floor, his hair is soaked through with sweat, his breathing erratic at best, and his heart is beating a little too quickly. He can’t remember the last time he’s had a proper night’s sleep, or even a decent meal, and really, he is just making himself sick, but still he keeps going, the desire to prove Yoongi wrong pushing him forward. Painfully, he gets to his feet, and every limb is throbbing. He’s not even certain he’ll be able to make it back home.

Instead of moving forward, Seokjin feels himself stumbling back, and his back is colliding with the cold brick wall, and he just stays there, breathing heavily. He hears the door click open, and heavy footsteps are heading towards him. It’s dark in the studio, and so he doesn’t realise who it is until his face is right in front of him.

“Why are you so persistent?” Min Yoongi spits, both hands on either side of Seokjin’s face. “Your voice always cracks during vocal lessons, your dancing is honestly just a mess of flailing limbs…  but you think you’re so great, don’t you, Kim Seokjin? I got news for you though, you’re talentless, you can’t do anything, and you’re not even that pretty.”

Yoongi ends his speech with a knee to Seokjin’s stomach, and Seokjin has to resist the urge to cry out, to show any weakness in front of the other. After Yoongi disappears, Seokjin slides down the wall, and he allows his tears to fall. He doesn’t think he’s great, and he never really has. He covers his face with his arms. He continues to cry as his tears soak his sweater and pants. Yoongi’s words cut him like knives, and he knows that this will be another one of those nights where he barely sleeps, barely eats, and considers quitting. Last time, he’d fallen asleep on the studio floors, waking up with stiff muscles. There are always two choices: pushing forward or giving up. Seokjin knows that he needs to keep going. Just for that night though, Seokjin allows himself to cry. He falls into a dreamless, restless sleep, and he just sleeps, hoping to strengthen his resolve by the time he opens his eyes again.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really know how I want to do this... but we'll see, I guess. 

Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read this, I really appreciate it. ^_^

So until next time, whenever that happens to be.