Epilogue

Piano

One year passed just like that. Without Myungsoo’s spirit, the piano grew old quickly, becoming a pile of unused wood just like that. But Sungyeol still came everyday to study, or just to think about things. At least then he would be able to pretend that Myungsoo was still beside him, as usual. Sometimes if Woohyun was free, he would come along to accompany Sungyeol. Today was one of those days.

‘ Woohyun hyung… what to do. It’s been one bloody year, but I still miss him like crazy. ‘ Sungyeol sobbed silently, head on Woohyun’s shoulder. His hyung couldn’t do anything but pat his head. No words would help the situation, and he knew that if Sunggyu left him, he would most probably be worse off than Sungyeol.

‘ Sometimes I think that I should forget him and get back to my usual life, but everything reminds me of him. Piano sheets, pianos, even biscuits. At this rate, I think I’m going to go mad. ‘

‘ Sometimes starting a new relationship is a good way of forgetting one’s old relationship. ‘ Woohyun advised. ‘ Lessons are going to start, you don’t want to be late. ‘

‘ Bye, hyung. ‘ Sungyeol waved as he dried his tears and left the room. Maybe all would end, and he would have a new beginning.

‘ And class! ‘ Sunggyu, the relief teacher for Sungyeol’s class announced. Sunggyu had been accepted as a relief teacher after he graduated and was waiting for his results.
‘ We have a  new student. ‘ Anticipation filled the room as Sungyeol just put his head on the table. No one gives a ing damn about a new student when all my mind’s filled with Myungsoo, Sungyeol thought.

‘ Do you want to introduce yourself? ‘ Sunggyu asked.

‘ My name’s Kim Myungsoo, and I like to play the piano. ‘ The dark eyes scanned the class, wanting to find that person who had been in his mind for the past one year.  He wasn’t disappointed when he found the familiar striped jacket hanging on the chair of that person, and smiled his favourite eye smile.
‘ Kim Myungsoo? ‘ Sungyeol thought. Jolted from his thoughts, his head shot up as his gaze met an all-so-familiar gaze from Myungsoo.

‘ We meet again. ‘ Myungsoo’s voice rang clearly in the classroom as he grinned even wider.
‘ And I’m never leaving you again. This will be paradise where both of us will be together forever.‘

……

……

……

‘ Let’s create a dance group called INFINITE and use Paradise as our promotion song. ‘