Chapter 7

The Set Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Suho gathered everyone in the living room, before having breakfast, and announced Tao’s departure from EXO. It was way too early for the members, so they thought they just heard wrong, but when Tao was the one who said his situation, and read the letter, suddenly everyone seemed to wake up from their half-slumber state and was shocked. Some were crying, for example the maknae line, Sehun and Jongin. And as Kyungsoo said “way too early for this ” as he hugged Tao. Much to Tao’s happiness, everyone supported his decision. What Tao didn’t tell them was that he was planning on coming back after his injury heals, which could be a long time, but hey as the saying goes ‘better late than never’. He’ll of course tell the manager and the Chairman, but other than them, no one would know. Well obviously Kris because he’s his fiancé.

As soon as everyone was finished, they went straight to the SMEnt. Building. A lot were chanting Tao’s name, maybe because they were happy to see him, though maybe won’t be after a statement would be released. While the members had their usual practice, Tao went to the Chairman’s office. The Chairman was disappointed at first because another EXO member would go in just the span of less than five months, but when Tao made him read the letter of the doctor, the Chairman knew that this was something serious. After agreeing that Tao would eventually come back, he approved of him leaving EXO. The statement, that would be released the day Tao leaves for America, would not say that he would come back.

While in the practice room, the members were already practicing for their next comeback song, Love Me Right, even if it was still in May, and promotions for Call Me Baby still weren’t done yet. In the middle of practice, Tao sneaked in and watched them. When they were thirsty, he gave them water, when it was hot, he bought them ice cream, when they needed someone to record, he was the one who held the camera. Even if it was just like this, Tao was still happy to contribute something to the group. When practice was over, they went back to the dorms, and Suho announced that they had reservations in this new restaurant and that they should wash up and dress nicely. No one questioned though, cause free food!

They arrived in this not too fancy and not too common Korean-Japanese fusion restaurant, where they were seated in a private room. Everyone was paired up except for Tao, Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. They were all so lovey-dovey that Tao couldn’t stand the sight of it, so he excused himself to the bathroom. While he was there, a tall handsome man entered the private room. The members, again excluding Sulay, were shocked to see EXO-M’s old leader after so long. They greeted Kris with hugs and asked why he was there.

“Actually, I told Tao that I’d be going back to China and that I wouldn’t be able to go here. I really wasn’t, but when I was gone from him for only 24 hours, I missed him too much so I thought of surprising him here with the help of Suho and Lay.”

“You guys are like an old married couple, even though you aren’t married yet.”

“Admit it Sehun, you’re just jealous that I’m stealing your best friend away from you.”

“Huh you wish. But it’s sad though, it’s like I’m the odd one out here tonight.” Sehun said with a huff

“Hmm? Who’s the odd one out?” asked an unknown voice. Suddenly, Sehun felt a pair of arms wrap around his neck from behind. It was like the wind was knocked right out of him when he looked up.

“Surprise Hunnie, I missed you!” Sehun, realizing he wasn’t dreaming, immediately tackled the older for a hug and peppered kisses all over his face.

“Luhan hyung, I missed you! How did you know we were here?”

“Well…” Sehun looked to see who Luhan was pointing at, and it was Kris

“Advanced Happy Birthday to the both of you. You’re each other’s gifts’, from me.” Kris said with a smirk

“Thanks hyung” said Sehun “but our birthdays are still in April”

“That’s why I said ‘advanced’ right? Anyway, where’s my Tao?”

“He’s in the bathroom, though he’s taking awfully long. I think I’m gonna go check on him” Baekhyun said obviously worried for his friend. Baekhyun checked the bathroom, but Tao was nowhere to be seen, he tried calling him, but there was no signal, so he asked one of the waitresses.

“Uhm… excuse me have you seen a tall guy, blonde hair, with fierce panda looking eyes, and tanned skin?”

“Oh, are you his friend?”

“Yes, why? Do you know where he is?”

“Yes, he’s in the private room, eating. He said he was waiting for his friends because they suddenly disappeared when he went back to the room.” Baekhyun saw the room where Tao was supposedly at, and went inside.

“Tao? What the hell are you doing here?”

“Eating, duh? The question is where the hell were all of you, suddenly leaving me behind” Tao pouted while chewing on beef. Baekhyun then started laughing until he couldn’t breathe anymore, and left a confused Tao, only to come back a minute later with all the members who immediately laughed once they saw Tao.

“Heyyyy guys what’s going on? Why are all of you laughing? And wait- is that- KRIS!!!” Tao stood up and was about to go to Kris, when he saw Luhan behind and hugged him.

“Luhan-ge, how’ve you been? I missed you!!” Tao said as he hugged Luhan tighter, then let go

“Hey Kris hyung, feel the buuuuurn” Sehun said in between snickers

“Princess, what about me?!” Kris whined

“Bros

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter