NURSE HOUR

INSTA LOVE

SHOWNU’S POV

“Gomawo. I’m not reall-“ she didn’t finished what she said and placed her hand to her head. “G-gwenchana? Sumin-ssi??” I can’t avoid to be concerned to her and placed both of my hands on her shoulders. Omo! She fainted! “Sumin-ssi!”my voice being a little louder gaining attention to them. “OMO! EONNIE!” Eujin ran towards us panicking. I didn’t wait any longer and placed her at my back. “Shownu!” I heard our instructor shouted my name. I turned around to him. “Neh?” “Please take care of her!” I just nod at him. I ran gently to the clinic and placed her to the bed. Then the nurse asked me what happened and asked a few questions. “It’s because she didn’t ate any snacks during recess. Her energy was fully wasted because there’s no more stored energy. Don’t worry. I’ll take care of her. You can leave.” “Ummm… miss nurse.” “Neh?” “Can I stay here?” the nurse suddenly smiled. “Is she your girlfriend?”. The thought of the nurse suddenly sinked slowly into my mind. “A-aniyo!”. Ooops. Why am I so loud “Really? Why are you so tensed?” “I swear. I'm not her boyfriend.” But I wish I could..... What did i just say? “Arasso. You can take care of your ‘friend’.” Miss nurse then left. I get the chair beside the table and placed it beside her bed.

SUMIN’S POV

I woke up and saw the ceiling staring back at me, I inhaled and the familiar scent of the school clinic entered my nostrils. I turned my head to my right and saw a boy leeping beside me. It's shownu sleeping.What is he doing in here? Did he take care of me? I don’t know but my cheeks suddenly burned up and I can’t stop smiling. I tried to sit slowly not waking him but I failed. “You’re awake.” He told me. “You too.” We just laugh at each other. Gosh this is awkward. “What happened back there?” “You fainted. The nurse said your lack of food caused you to pass out.” Then he stood up and got out of the clinic. I felt a little pinch to my heart. Negative thoughts inserted my mind immediately. Why did he do that? Did he just waited for me to wake up so he can leave? I closed my eyes trying to banish what I’m thinking. Sumin. Don’t assume as if he like you back. Don’t trust your feelings to him. I wanna cry my heart out but my mind said I shouldn’t. I shouldn’t cry just because of this nonsense. I just got back to my self when i heard the door opened. “Don’t be sad. I just bought you foods.” I was surprised when my eardrums heard his voice. He placed the foods beside me. “I thought you already leave.” “Why? It’s so unnecessary. I can’t and I won’t……. leave you.” I don’t know what to say. I feel happy and at the same time nervous. “You won’t leave me?” he just nods. “You know, from the start that the incident happened to the canteen, I can’t stop thinking of you. When I close my eyes your face will just appear. Sometimes kihyun will just ask me why am I smiling like idiot. I don’t know why but you’re the reason behind it. I-I think. I like you.” He stared at me and I can’t help but to avoid his gaze. “Are you confessing to me?” “Kind of. But I’m not forcing you to like me back.” “Am I saying I don’t like you?”

EUIJIN POV

We headed back to our classroom without our instructor because he got back to the faculty room having his own schedule. Eotokhae. The only word that keeps on repeating on my mind since the time sumin eonnie was delivered to the clinic. I can’t stop my self not to go out of the room. It’s my first time encountering these scenes. I’m really nervous. I decided to go the clinic. “Euijin wait!” I turn around and saw kihyun running to me. “Where are you going?” “To the clinic. Why?” “Can I go with you?” well, do I have any choice? Who am I not to let him go to the clinic? “Okay.” I started to walk with him. “I bet it’s your first time seeing this kind of happenings.” I looked at him. “Is it too obvious?” “Not really. But I can see it in your eyes. Actually I don’t see fear in your eyes; I can see love through it.” I can’t understand what is he trying to say to me. Well, I'm bitter sometimes. “Why love?” “Because you really care about her. Love and care always come together. You can’t love a person without taking care of her physically or emotionally and you can’t take care of a person if you don’t love her. As a friend.” Wow, it’s really deep. Thankfully I understand it. “Ani. I don’t love her as a friend. I love her as my own sister. You know I’m an only child. So having her feels really great. She is a blessing.” “Ah. Ookay.” “Do you want to go inside?” “You?” “Ani. I’ll just stay here outside. Actually I don’t really mean to go to the clinic. I just want to calm my mind. Thanks to you.” “It feels great that I did something to help you.” I smiled at him showing that I’m really thankful for what he did.