Invitations and Chatrooms

Oh My God!

    “Hey, feet off the table, what where you born in a barn?”  Roy said smacking my feet off our coffee. I glowered at him lighting up my cigarette taking a big drag off it.
    “Yo, I need to put one more person on the party list.” He cocked a brow absentmindedly as he fidgeted with his phone.
    “We’ve made the list and reached the limit already…” He mumbled obviously not paying much attention to me.
    “So what, one person isn’t going to bring the whole thing down.” I sat forward flicking the ashes off the end of my cigarette into the tray on the table. “It’s business.” Roy stopped what he was doing and looked up to me.
    “Fine, but you have to take someone off your side of the list for this person to replace. There’s rule’s for a reason, and we don’t break them. That’s why this party has been going on for so long. No more than the people we’ve already got coming.”
    “Such a stickler, fine I can do that.”
    “Decide today, we issue the invite’s tonight.”
    “Easy, take that ae sook chick off. She’s never much fun anyway.” I said leaning back into the couch blowing my smoke into the air towards the ceiling.
    “Ok, I never like having a reporter at the party anyway, it always hit to close to being exposed for my taste.” I smirked rolling my head to the side to look at him.
    “Then you’re going to hate who’s coming now…” he cocked a brow looking at me curiously. “The invite is for Minji.” Roy sputtered choking on his drink.
    “What! No way! No way!” he said sitting it down with a clank and standing up. Here we go, here was the pacing. “Joon young! Are you insane! She’s definitely going to blow the lid on this thing, you want to end year’s of a family tradition because you want to get into the hot reporter girl’s pants?” he said exasperated. I laughed at his bewildered expression.
    “First off I think you’re over reacting, I’ll give her rules to follow so calm down. Second, I don’t want into her pants. I don’t Do reporters.” I said repeating exactly what I’d said to Minji earlier.
    “Oh please man, we’re brothers, I know you. You enjoy the thrill of the chase, and Minji give’s you the biggest chase ever because she’s totally not into you.” he said waving me off. He reached over the table snatching the cigarette from my hand and smashing it into the ash tray. “If this blows up in our face you’re taking the rap for understand?”
    “yea yea, you’re to uptight, how long’s it been since you’ve been laid huh?” I asked lighting up another cigarette just to irritate him some more.
    “That’s why this party is so important.” He grumbled making me burst into laughter. My poor brother doesn’t have the game I have. “So don’t screw it up! This is the last year we’ll be attending this party!” he said seriously.
    “What, speak for yourself. I still plan on coming back once a year for this party.” I said waving him off.  Roy was graduating this year along with me, he was ready for the real world, already had job’s lined up to start after the year, I on the other hand refuse to take life to seriously. I’m going to enjoy it while I still have one.
    “Whatever joon…just don’t screw this up ok. Make sure she doesn’t ruin it for our baby brother huh, he takes over for us next year when he becomes a freshman.” I wasn’t paying attention to him anymore and just gave him a thumb up. I was busily texting the band about what to do for tonight’s show. I heard him groan frustrated as he left the room.
    “You owe me big time minji.” I mumbled to myself as I scratched out ae sook’s name and replaced it with minji. That girl was going to be super pissed when she found out who replaced her on the list. The thought of the two getting into a fight made me laugh. It was something I wouldn’t mind watching.


    “I’m going to report on JJYband’s concert tonight ok.” one of the reporters said giving me her topic for the story. I sat in the chair in front of my computer scrolling through SNS networks trying to find some gossip to latch onto.
    “Yea whatever.” I said taking the paper she was handing me and dropping it into the pile of paper’s I’d been handed since I’d gotten back from the showers. I heard her scoff as she walked off. Unless it was a great story I didn’t pay much attention to what people where saying to me, I had to much to do on my own.
    “Oh…daebak!” I hissed when I saw a thread popping up in a rapid pace on the college chatroom. I signed in quickly to follow the chat.

Kbunny3 says: I can’t believe it! Ae sook’s been removed from the party list this year!

AznBEuT says- I know! She is so mad! I wonder who replaced her?

Sookie943- No one! It’s false! No one could replace ae sook!

    Oh my god, that is great! There isn’t much of a hard hitting story there but it was still hilarious to read. I couldn’t believe after all that gloating she does about it she was taken off the list. Suddenly a thought hit me, did joon young do what he said? Did he really get me an invite to the party? Jumping up from the computer I snatched up my bag slinging it over my shoulder as I hurried from the paper office.
    “Yah, where is joon young?” I called into the phone as I hurriedly ran down the stairs of the building.
    “He’s at the bar, they’re preparing for the show right now.” jaehwa said around a mouthful of food. He was my information go to even though sometimes he was a little lax in that department.
    “Kamsamnida.” I said quickly disconnecting the call. I exited the building and took off running across campus to the college bar across the street. It was a main hangout for joon young and his band and they always played there. It wasn’t very busy when I arrived, just a couple patron’s that I assumed where regulars. On the stage I could see the band’s equipment already set up and a couple of the band mates where up there fidgeting with their instruments but Joon young wasn’t around. “I thought jaehwa said he was here?” I mumbled scratching my head. Suddenly I felt something at my neck then I heard someone take in a deep breath. “Wah!” I yelped startled jumping away. I turned around to see joon young standing there with his hands behind his back a small smile on his lips as he was bent forward his face about at the height my neck had just been.  “Did you just smell me?!” I squeaked horrified. He chuckled standing up straight shrugging.
    “I did, I love the smell of beautiful women. Even reporters.” he said smugly. I shivered at the sickening comment. “You smell much better now that you’re not a little piggy.”
    “it was a chicken suit!” I snapped.
    “What can I help you with?” He asked ignoring me outburst.
    “I heard a little birdie on the SNS community a few minutes ago, Ae sook seems to have been removed from the party list?” I said cocking a brow. A smug smile crossed his lips before he schooled his features to look at me innocently.
    “Did she now? I wouldn’t know anything about that.” He said shrugging and moving past me towards the bar. I tapped his knuckles against the bar catching the bartenders attention before holding up a finger.
    “You wouldn’t?” I asked following him over. I leaned against the bar propping my arms up behind me as I looked at him evenly.
    “Hmmm, well now that I think of it…I might have some information that would be useful for you.” I perked up at hearing this. Usually when someone said that it paid of decently.
    “And what is this information going to cost me?” I’d been doing this long enough to know that no information given came without strings.
    “You have to follow some simple rules is all…agree to any demands I give you and then I’ll give you this juicy information I know you’re just dripping wet to get your hands on.”
    “ewe…ok first off please don’t make such greasy ual innuendo’s towards me, second off…deal.” he smirked sipping the scotch that the bar tender had laid in front of him.
    “Ok, so yes, ae sook was removed from the list, so that you could take her spot. I thought you’d appreciate that a little.” He said winking at me. I gawked at him startled. He’d done it…he’d actually done it!
    “You really…got me the invite?” setting his cup down on the bar he reached into the pocket of his leather jacket and handed me a rectangular piece of paper.
    “This is the address and the information on the party.” I reached to take it but he snatched it back holding it out of my reach. “Rules first, no one…and I mean no one! Get’s sight of this invitation until after the party is over and cleared out understand?” I nodded slowly keeping my eyes on the invitation. “Anything you might find out about the proprietors of the party stays strictly with you, not that I think you’ll find anything like that out.” again I nodded. “Finally, You may document the party, in video and photo’s I know you like to be through, but you cannot give away any information that can hinder the party in future years…understand?”
    “Yes…give it to me already!” I yelled.
    “That’s what girl’s always say to me eventually.” he said laughing. I cut him a glare but said nothing as I accepted the invitation. I couldn’t believe it, I’d scored a story that no one in the history of this college had been able to score before. This was going to be my best work ever, and I was definitely going to go down in this college’s history.