3.

Representatives

Bomzi immediately noticed, he didn't give a response and decided to start her flirting with him. 

"Luhannie! Would you like to join me after school? We could go catch a mov-" her words were cut short once Luhan abruptly stood up, looked at Jongin, and shifted his eyes at Chanyeol's direction, indicating they'd meet at his house after school. He turned around and walked away without another word, clearly annoyed and not in the mood, earning a scoff from Bomzi. 

But Jongin knew better than to believe Luhan would be over it. Later, in the comfort of his room, he'd whine and pout, asking why girls always found him cute. And claim he was the manliest, but definetly never acting like the oldest boy he was. 

She looked back at the remaining two and started again with Chanyeol. 

"Chanyeollie! Would you please meet me after school?" She asked sweetly, extending the 'please' and plopping herself right in front of the giant. He only gaped as he was about to take a bite from his lunch but set it down rapidly and fixed his posture. 

"I-I'm s-sorry but I have a-a lot of homework for, for...math! Yes math so I w-won't be able to m-meet."  Jongin cringed at the amount of times the giant had stuttered. Bomzi only furrowed her eyebrow in confusion. 

"But you haven't had math yet." 

Chanyeol's eyes widened and felt his cheeks redden, reaching to the tip of his elf ears. 

He frantically looked around and turned to the nearby window, just as a certain puppy-like individual ran right across. The giant stood up, almost knocking his food in the process. 

"Y-yes that is why I-I am leaving right n-now! Excuse m-me." He turned and gave a sympathetic smile towards Jongin, mentally apologizing  for putting him on the spot. The younger only sighed and allowed him to leave. 

Bomzi just watched in a dazed state as Chanyeol nearly tripped due to his long legs, quickly scurrying through the half-empty lunchroom.

She sighed and turned back to her original target. 

"It's just us two again Jonginnie~" she scooted closer, and poor Jongin had no more space to move. 

"We're practically meant to be together. Why can't you just say yes?" she cooed and tried to reach out for his hand. But Jongin shot up from his seat and turned to look at her. 

"I've told you this once, and I'll tell you this again. I'm not interested." He started to gather his food and threw it into the nearest trash. He starts to walk away and hears a shriek. Slowly, he turns his head just enough to see Bomzi stomping away in the other direction. 

Why can't she just leave him alone? 

As he's walking to his locker, he sees Kyungsoo walking to his own afternoon class, his brown locks slightly bouncing and his books clutched tightly in his chest. But as soon as he locks eyes with Jongin, he immediately takes a detour. It really isn't anything strange since he's been doing it since the incident. Probably longer, but Jongin only just noticed. And he thinks he shouldn't be so determined to get to know the boy. Kyungsoo could just be another person Jongin could ignore. But he won't. Not yet. 

~・〜

(Later at Luhan's house) 

Jongin follows Chanyeol into Luhan's room, they both throw themselves onto his navy blue bed and roll around. He hears the elder lock the door so his parents won't interrupt them, the stoic look never leaving his face. Jongin whispers quietly making sure Chanyeol is the only one able to hear. 

"3...2...1."

"WHYYYY" they watch in amusement as the boy drops to the floor and curls into a ball. Chanyeol starts cackling and rolls off the bed. Jongin only gives him a teasing eye roll, scooting to sit on the edge of the elder's bed. 

"Lu get over it. You're always so grumpy when someone tries to take you out. Who knows? Maybe you'll fall in love with one of them." He knew he was taking a huge risk, talking about something Luhan wasn't really a fan of. But he was already in a sour mood so it really didn't matter at this point. 

The deer-like boy immediately sat up and sent a glare towards the younger. 

"Don't give me that bull. Love isn't something I want to experience. It's just a word, it means nothing and it never has." He spits out his words like venom, his eyes never leaving the floor. 

"Maybe it's a nice feeling. You don't have to be so negative about it. Look at Chanyeol, he's already head over heels for that Baekhyun boy." They hear something close to a screech.

"I am not!" They look over to the giant who's face was squished against the floor. Luhan gave a small smile, hugging his knees close to his chest. 

"You don't know what love is. Don't tell me to believe in what can't be seen. I've given up on the thought of "being in love" because it just isn't something real." Jongin immediately realized his friend was on the verge of tears, by the way his lips turned into a subtle pout, slightly quivering, so there was no point in pushing the subject. 

Chanyeol sensed the heavy atmosphere and knew it was his turn to speak. 

"So...who's looking forward to the Rep meeting tomorrow?" He said casually, crossing his legs as he sat comfortably against the wall. 

He and Jongin heard a thump and realized Luhan had found his place on the floor once more. A groan was heard before the sad lump spoke. 

"Honestly, Jongin why would you make me join.." It wasn't even a question, more like an annoyed statement. Jongin only sighed and allowed his body to fall back on the plush covers. 

"Well it'd be a good thing for us all. You know, in case we want to go to college or something." He, himself wasn't sure why he joined. He wasn't even sure what he wanted to do in his short lifetime. But, it was never too early to think about it right? After all he's a second-year with the best grades. 

"I don't want to have to interact with other students!" Luhan was back to his whiny self, throwing a nearby pillow at Jongin's legs. 

Jongin just ignored him and turned his head away from the ceiling, to Chanyeol.

"Who's your representative partner Yeol?"

The giant stayed silent for a while, did this guy seriously not remember his partner's name? How insensitive. 

Both boys awaited his answer. 

"Um, I don't really remember his name." He gave a sheepish grin and Luhan sent him a glare before getting up and walking towards him, his hands turned into tight fists. 

Chanyeol watched in horror and immediately scooted to the corner, bringing his hands up to cover his head. 

The brunet boy lifted his leg and hit the younger's thigh repeatedly. 

"Insensitive little ." He muttered above all the low groans. 

"But Luhan! You're insensitive to everyone!" 

Just as the older was about to retort, his mother called from downstairs, indicating the start of dinner. Luhan kicked the poor elf once more and hastily walked towards the door, unlocked it and pointed a long arm towards the hallway, telling both boys to get out and go eat.  

Jongin stood up, unable to stop his giggles as he watched Chanyeol stiffly bow in apology to Luhan, who only pushed him out the door. 


〜・〜


As soon as the three boys pass through the hard wooden school doors, all eyes are directed at them. Girls start to encircle around, asking if they had a proper meal, had a good rest, studied well, and everything else a typical human being would worry about. 

The three boys only glance at each other, before taking different halls to their lockers. 

Luhan can sense the crowd of girls stealthily following close behind. He clenches his fists and narrows his eyes, holding in the mean comments that threaten to slip out. Don't these girls have classes they need to be at? 

Once he reaches his locker he puts in the password and is met with a stack of letters of multiple colors, decorated with hearts. The boy sighs and grabs his folders and books, while placing his bag on a hook. Just before he closes his locker, he grabs the stack of cards. With a hand full of letters and another full of supplies, he turns to the nearest trashcan and throws all the letters into the bin, not sticking around to see the heartbroken look on some of the girls' faces. 

〜・〜

Yes it is a cold move. Those girls probably spent a lot of time writing out the letters and working up the courage to place it in his locker, but Luhan wasn't the type to get overly emotional and shy over some admiration. The first time it happened, yes he'd been surprised and yes he'd been happy but after a while, each letter was the same and girls only admired his looks, not his personality. 

〜・〜

As he entered the classroom he saw that Chanyeol was already sweet-talking the poor Baekhyun who occasionally gave him a punch on his stomach. Luhan rolled his eyes, still upset with the giant dork. He walked over to his desk which to his surprise, wasn't surrounded by girls. Softly, he plopped in the uncomfortable seat and took out a book to read. 

A few minutes later, the teacher entered the room and announced the start of class. Luhan kept reading a little longer but quickly put the book away once he was done with a chapter. 

"I have one announcement for the representatives that will be attending the meet after school" His homeroon teacher began and suddenly his curiosity increased. 

"All the students who volunteered should head to the student council room as soon as your last class ends. You are expected to be there early so you get a head start with meeting your assigned partner. That is all."

Oh yeah. He'd forgotten about Baekhyun being his partner, and having to deal with his sass. Maybe he should've waited a little longer to volunteer as a representative. And he probably should've allowed Chanyeol to partner up with his crush. But alas, Luhan doesn't give a about his choices, and to be honest he likes getting the "threatening" glares the puppy boy gives him. 

Luhan realizes he's been in a dazed state for the past ten minutes so he quickly chooses to pay attention to what the teacher was saying. 

The day goes on slow, which ends with Luhan having a minor bruise on his shin due to the many hits he received from the soccer ball during gym. As well as multiple paper cuts he got from trying to orginized the papers for the printer in the lab. 

And he wonders what he did in the past to deserve this. 

〜・〜

Once Minseok walks out of the library and says goodbye to the sweet librarian, he nearly chokes on his own spit when he realizes he's already late for the meeting. And it takes all of his courage to run through the empty halls towards his locker. He basically throws everything in his hands into the black backpack and sprints down the stairs, nearly tripping multiple times. 

When the short boy comes in contact with the door, he quietly looks through a small window and sees that a few students are still settling into their seats. He allows himself to catch his breath and slowly turns the knob and opens the door, no attention is given to him. Shyly, he looks around and tries to find his partner and is suddenly surprised when he finds someone else sitting beside him. And it definetly isn't Misneok. 

'oh hell to the no'  he thinks as he recognizes Baekhyuns wavy hair and at that moment the young boy turns around and his eyes widen. He only gives Minseok a sympathetic look and mouths the words 'sorry' before turning back around and looking at Chanyeol who seems completely unnaffected by the situation at hand. 

The elder looks around frantically, panic surfacing his eyes, and he comes to a halt when he's sees Baek's original partner sitting towards the front of the room. All he can do is mentally scream because he can't stop panicking. But he can't stop himself when he starts to walk towards the table. And Misneok definetly can't stop the words that spill out of his mouth. 

"U-um is it ok for m-me to s-sit here?"

 

---

a/n: Oh my gosh ok so I was planning on making this a chapter that focused only on XiuHan's first meet, buut I'd thought id make you all wait a little longer (I'm sorry T^T) it's just a little something for you precious people to read. So next chapter will BE THE START OF THE FLUFF so be ready! Once again thank you all for sticking around and reading this story (I know I take forever) sorry for any grammar mistakes!  Much love to all of you~♥︎