1.

Representatives

Kyungsoo rushed to class. That morning he had completely over slept and was quickly speed-walking down the long hallway towards his locker. Completely unaware of the figure heading the opposite way. Right in Kyungsoo's path. 

With heavy books and folders slowing him down, he knew if he kept this pace he still wouldn't be able to get to class on time. He hated breaking the rules but nobody else was around (within his vision field) so he picked up his pace, now running. He looked back making sure nobody was watching. Once he faced forward, he was met with a hard chest. 

〜・〜

Jongin lazily stumbled down the hallway. He had gotten to school a few minutes before the stupid ear-shrilling bell rang. Well aware of his lateness he continued in a relaxed state. What difference would it make? All he'd do was apologize then move on with his life. Simple as that. He had the best grades anyways. As he continued to stroll he heard a few voices calling out to him. One of them belonging to Luhan. Who waved lazily in his direction. Jongin shrugged and looked back forward. He saw a figure running swiftly down the same side of the hall as him. The figure wasn't looking straight at him. He cracked a small smile, and before he could see who the stranger was, he was quickly interrupted by Chanyeol calling frantically for him to move out of the other boy's way. Once Jongin turned his head forward, all he saw was a flash of dark brown strands of hair zoom against his chest. 

~・〜

They both didn't think it would be this way they would meet. 

"Unff!" A loud thump could be heard as both fell to the ground.

Kyungsoo stumbled onto Jongin, his head smashing against his chest. Jongin was quick to react, catching the shorter boy in his arms, squeezing him tightly.

His back hit the hard floor. Lying there, still clutching the boy in his arms, he made sure they were both still breathing and alive. 

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" Kyungsoo continuously whispered/screamed apologies trying his best to get up. Raising himself up and gathering up his books and folders, he knew his face was tinted in unbelievable dark shades of red. 

"Watch where yo-" Jongin was cut off when his eyes looked up to meet the shorter's.

'Is it even possible to be that perfect?' He thought

〜・〜

The boy's face was slim, and fairly reddened, his skin was pale and his eyes were big and wide. They also sparkled. He was short but something about his stare made him seem like he could beat anyone as tall as Jongin. Maybe even taller.

They both stared into each others eyes, admiring their distinct features.

〜・〜

Jongin got up and pated at his shirt and jeans, he saw the boy turn around and scurry his way down the hall. 'Adorable'

"Hey! Wait up!" He ran up to him. He swore he saw the boy tense up for a mere second before his expression turned into a bored, annoyed one.

"Yes?" Kyungsoo replied blankly. It seemed like it all meant nothing to him, but inside his stomach was doing backflips. 

〜・〜

Kyungsoo had liked Jongin for a very long time. Ever since their first year of high school. It was the first day. He and his friends were quietly eating in the squeaky clean cafeteria. Suddenly loud sounds of squealing and laughter were heard from afar and in entered Jongin. The school's idol. It's prized possession. He was with two other guys and a sea of girls behind. Kyungsoo stared for a little too long, a single ray of light focusing on the taller, while sparkles were surrounding his face. He even thought he heard angelic hallelujahs. Like the kind you hear at church or when an adorable, hot anime boy appears for the first time in a shoujo manga. Kyungsoo quickly looked away, resuming to his friends and their never-ending chatter. A few days later he found out that the three mysterious boys from the first day, were known as the cold flower boys. For the rest of freshmen year, all he could think about was the boy with the tanned skin.

〜・〜

For the first time, Jongin had noticed him. Jongin was a popular guy amongst both boys and girls. Kyungsoo on the other hand was the opposite. He wasn't as popular as him but he was well respected for his strength (which was terrifyingly inhuman) he was never a child who got bullied but not many people went around him. He wasn't completely alone though, he had his own little circle of friends, Like Minseok for example who was the oldest, a short (shorter than Kyungsoo), cute, guy with child-like characteristics. He was a big fan of soccer and coffee and was the only one out of the three who drank it. He really also loved to sing but had really never done it in front of others. He was always so timid. 

The youngest, Baekhyun was a total diva (he is a guy btw). Who enjoyed drama. And was very, very sassy. He really resembled a puppy, which attracted all students. His favorite hobby was signing. Both Minseok and Kyungsoo had told him he had a beautiful voice, that could make anybody instantly fall for him. 


All three had known each other since junior high and the funny thing was, they were all next door neighbors! They'd visit each other everyday after school, have sleepovers, play video games. And sometimes even tag along during one of their family's yearly vacations.  

Kyungsoo was just a normal person living a normal life. 

〜・〜

He knew he was going to get yelled at. Called out for getting in Jongin's way. He knew how cold Jongin was to others. But he didn't want to seem scared. He didn't want to embarrass himself.

〜・〜

"I'm sorry, I should've paid more attention." Jongin softly apologized. He gave the shorter a lopsided grin. 

The shorter looked up and blinked a few times then slightly shook his head, "No it was my fault too. Don't worry about it." He smiled a small smile. No theeth showing. Jongin literally felt his heart melt. The boy was so pure and perfect in his eyes.

Before he could respond Kyungsoo backed away a few steps suddenly remembering he was already late for class. His eyes widening the size of disks in sudden realization. He turned around and started running down the hall again. This time, visibly more relaxed. 

All a mesmerized Jongin could do was stare at the shorter's back.

 'He looks like a doll!'  He squealed.

〜・〜

Jongin had never really fallen in love. Sure he went on dates and sure he had, had crushes before. But he had never seen any person the way he saw the boy with the dark, brown hair run down the hall. This probably wasn't love. He was sure of it. But this boy was different. Special.

〜・〜

Jongin knew he was popular and was well aware that many girls and boys had feelings for him. But just like Luhan and Chanyeol, he didn't feel like he was any different from every other student here. He studied, had decent grades and really enjoyed his dancing lessons after school. 

Luhan was a nice guy, very caring, and good looking. He had feminine features. A pure doll-like face and was the oldest among the group. Although he acted cold, many students had asked him out, but he kindly declined every single one. He really enjoyed soccer and had been the first to join the school's soccer team. He was of course the best player and always the one to score the most goals in every game. 

Chanyeol on the other had was always happy, and always showed a good time. He was very careful not to hurt anyone who confessed to him as well. He really wasn't interested. Even if he wasn't feeling at his best, he still put other's  happiness before his own. This boy was very interested in music, not exactly in signing but in composing songs with his guitar or rapping along to old but good songs from his childhood. 

All three boys made sure never to cause anyone pain, and live on with their normal lives.

The people who had the courage to ask them out, knew that they were all truly nice guys.

Their biggest secret though was that they were all secretly gay. They never knew when it started but it was only a secret between all three. (And of course their parents. Who were completely fine with the idea and actually very supportive) They never let it show to anyone but didn't dare tell others either.

〜・〜

"Hey Jongin! What happened? It's like you've been hypnotized or something." Called out Luhan, who had witnessed the scene from afar. Running up to the still confused boy, he followed Jongin's gaze, who was still looking at the empty hallway where the wide-eyed boy had just ran through. 

"H-huh? Oh! Nothing just thinking a little." he chuckled, snapping out of his fantasies. 

"Really?" Asked Luhan, raising a questioning eyebrow. Not believing him at all.

Luhan had known Jongin since elementary school and he knew exactly when he was lying. Same thing with Chanyeol. Although anyone could tell, even without knowing the guy.

"Yes I'm fine." The tanned boy replied only half lying. 

"Could it be that you have feelings for Kyungsoo?" A smirk now plastered across Luhan's face. 

"No I just accidentally bumped into him!" His face tinted a light shade of red. "Wait! Who? Kyungsoo?" He asked confused.

"Yes Kyungsoo, the poor guy you just squished to the floor" Luhan replied completely unamused. 

"His name's Kyungsoo?!" He asked, his mouth now gaping wide open. 

Luhan replied angrily "Yes! Kyungsoo! You take like three classes with him!" 

"Oh. Well no I don't like him" he answered. Completely shameless.

"It sure seems like it." Luhan teased. "C'mon let's go! You love struck donkey!" He called out. Running back to a cracking Chanyeol who was sprawled out on the floor. 

"Hey! I don't like him! Why are you like this? Don't run out of a conversation like that! Jongin called after him. Before running off.


〜・〜


When Jongin arrived to class he remembered about Kyungsoo and the possibility of being in the same class as him. Once he entered, all eyes were on him. He bowed his apologies to his teacher for being late and took his seat at his desk. He still felt eyes on him, but he felt a particular set of wide eyes looking his direction. 

'Why is he looking at me?' He thought. 

Kyungsoo sat 2 seats down from him. In the third row near the big glass windows.

Luhan told had told him he took three classes with him. So why was he so surprised? 

He quickly glanced behind his shoulder. Only to lock eyes with the shorter boy. It was only for at least a second but Jongin felt as if it was an eternity. The brown haired boy caught his glance and casually gazed towards the window. Avoiding the other's solid stare. 

Kyungsoo gazed out into the courtyard trying to forget about the accident earlier today. He was just about to actually pay attention when he realized he still had 2 more classes with the chocolate color haired boy. He banged his head on the table and covered it with his arms. 

He'd study later for whatever he missed in class. He had the best grades in the grade anyway. Along with Jongin...

"Damn it." He cursed under his breath. 

〜・〜

The bell rang. Kyungsoo was gathering all his stuff to get to his next class. He caught a glance of Jongin leaving the classroom, a crowd of people following. He sighed. 

"Kyungsoo, do you have a moment?" 

Kyungsoo turned around. His teacher was motioning him over to his desk. 

"Yeah sure. What is it?" He asked. Nervous as to the possibilities of being held back. 

"I'd like to ask you something." his teacher said

"Yeah?" He tensed 

'Oh no' Could straight 'A' Kyungsoo have done something wrong? 

"Would you be interested in being the class representative?" His senior innocently asked.

Kyungsoo relaxed at the offer but didn't respond. His teacher took that as a sign to continue.

"I still have to contact the event representative, but I'll do the later tonight after school. There will be four other students that will be chosen, which will be from the other two classes of the day. Including you and the event RP it'll be a total of six representing our grade. You will all take care of events around the school. Such as dances, assemblies and other stuff like that. And all of the representatives for the grade and of course the other grades, will be going on a training camp...um.." He checked his calendar. "Two weeks from from Friday. Which will also be the day of the welcoming and informative meeting after school."

Kyungsoo had nothing else to do at home except study so he was pretty much able to do it.  He could study his off today and be able to attend the meeting Friday. It was just Wednesday after all. The one thing bothering him was the fact that he would be known by the whole grade. He absolutely hated attention, but he could deal with it. 

"I'll do it. But what do I get out of it?" 

"Well this participation will be included in your high school record, giving you college credits to get into a good college. Or a university perhaps. Whichever is in your favor." The instructor explained.

"Ok then, I'm in. Is that all?" He asked glancing at the clock. 5 minutes before the next period began.

"Wait I forgot to say this; The other teachers are choosing their representatives tomorrow. If you would like you could tell your friends about it if they're interested." He ended "Have a good day!" 

Kyungsoo bowed goodbye and hurried to class. On his way he saw Jongin leaning against on of the vending machines. He was speaking to a girl. She was probably asking him out, like many of the other girls had already done. Jongin turned and gave the boy a small smile but Kyungsoo quickly avoided any eye contact. He could only see the other look at his direction from the corner of his eye. He ignored his call and definitely didn't notice the girl's piercing glare at him. 

He got to his next class. In this class he sat three seats in front of Jongin so he wouldn't be able to steal glances of him. But then again, he wouldn't be uncomfortable anytime he caught Jongin doing the same thing.

〜・〜

He actually would be able to pay attention. He knew he would still feel the stare of his crush but he could pretend not to notice. 

'He's still probably just confused about what happened this morning' 

'That's why he keeps staring at me, right?' He questioned. As a slight blush crept its way onto his pale cheeks.

'Wait! Maybe he's planning revenge! Oh my god! he's going to kill me with his fan girls! I can't let him get to me!' Kyungsoo panicked in his head while looking completely bored on the outside. A mental war with himself taking action.

There weren't many people who spoke to Kyungsoo in this class. 

Well no one spoke to him. 

In any class. 

Except Baekhyun. 

Sometimes. 

He was usually talking to girls about god knows what. But he did go up to him.

〜・〜

"Kyungie! Good Morning!" Said the puppy-like boy, walking over to him. 

"Please don't call me that here." Kyungsoo replied. More annoyed than usual.

"Ah, but why? He used his adorable, irresistible pout at the owl. 

"Wait! Something's not right." He suddenly leaned down and whispered in Kyungsoo's ear "Did he finally notice you?" He asked excitedly. 

Kyungsoo remembered he had told Baekhyun and Minseok about his secret crush on Jongin. 

"I-uh yeah kinda, I'll tell you later! During lunch with Minseok present too." The blush on his face was getting darker.

Baekhyun squealed. 

"Shut up!" Kyungsoo whispered. Softly punching the noise machine on the arm. 

"Owie" he pouted again. 

"You better tell us everything!" Warned the pup before running off to speak to other girls.

Kyungsoo shook his head then let out a sigh of relief. That was emotionally exhausting. 

〜・〜

He heard the sounds of people chattering down the hall. Kyungsoo knew who that was,  almost immediately. He grabbed his notebook and started to frantically write the notes on the board. He didn't want to get noticed by anyone especially not Jongin. The sounds of people got closer and before he knew it the tanned boy entered. He walked past Kyungsoo. Jongin took this chance to brush his forearm on the others shoulder. Just to see a reaction. 'He's going to kill me!' Kyungsoo eyes were he size of saucers at this point, as he felt his stomach turn when the boy touched his shoulder ever-so-softly. But didn't move due to him too busy taking the notes. Jongin got to smell the boy sitting down. He smelled like Vanilla. 

Kyungsoo payed attention to their teacher while Jongin kept glancing up from his paper to get a view of the boy. He scribbled on his notebook. Taking notes which weren't related to the lesson being taught. Questioning why he hadn't noticed him before.

 'I want to interact with him. But how?' He blinked a few times in sudden realization
'Wait, what am I saying? I just met him today!' 

〜・〜

The second period class ended. And this time Kyungsoo was one of the first students to get out . His third class was the last class he had with Jongin, and he wanted to get over with it as soon as possible. Plus that was one of the classes he took with Minseok. They really had a lot in common, such as being afraid of big crowds and barely saying a word to anyone. It was his favorite. He entered and saw the boy sitting there looking out the window. 

"Hyung! Hello" Minseok waved happily. Smiling his usual gummy smile at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo went and sat in the desk right next to the other's. (Yes their seats were right next to each other, that's why it was Kyungsoo's favorite class) 

"Your older you know." Kyungsoo said as he set his things inside the slot under the chair. He was right. Minseok was older by a few months.

"Yes but you are more mature!" the other replied.

Kyungsoo sighed.

"What's wrong? You seem a bit off today." Minseok asked, worried for his friend. 

"Oh nothing, just tired." he said, not trying to worry him.

〜・〜

Minseok cares a lot about his friends because they are all precious to him. When Minseok was in Elementary and even a few months while in junior high, he got bullied a lot. Sometimes just with words, other times  with punches and kicks. Because of his figure and his way of always being on top of the class. He was always very quiet, he still is. But now he has people who actually want to be friends with him. Who care and protect him. And he treasures people like that in the world. He still occasionally gets made fun of or 'accidentally' tripped but it's only when Kyungsoo and Baekhyun aren't around. None of them know though. 

〜・〜

"No that's not it...Did something happen this morning?" He asked innocently.

"You have no idea. But I'll tell you at lunch" he assured. Turning around and face the board. He hadn't even realized Jongin had gotten to class. But he was perfectly happy.

〜・〜

'Who is Kyungsoo talking to?' Kai thought as he saw across the room to the boy Kyungsoo was chatting happily with. He felt his heart clench and he felt anger rise over him for no reason. This was the first time he had seen him talk to someone all morning. The boy was shorter than Kyungsoo (if that was even possible) He had white skin too. But his eyes were shaped like almonds. He had chubby, round cheeks and looked like he was the childish type but also mature at the same time. 'Why do I even care?' 'I bet he's creeped out because I keep staring at him' 

'Does he like me?' 

'Do I like him? No I don't' Jongin was sure he didn't like the boy and ignored him all class time. Actually paying attention to the teacher. 'Luhan might like that other boy though...' 


〜・〜


Class had ended and Kyungsoo was finally free. He didn't feel Jongin's stare and he didn't feel uncomfortable. Jongin was once again the first to get out of class. Kyungsoo didn't mind. He waited for Minseok to finish packing his stuff so they could walk to lunch together.

〜・〜

"Can you tell me why you've been acting strange now?" Asked Minseok as they sat outside the school patio under the shade of the big oak tree.

"You noticed to?!" Baekhyun asked, "And speaking of noticing d-" 

"Shh!" Whispered Kyungsoo, blush slightly appearing again. Afraid of other students hearing their over-excited friend.

He took a deep breath.

"This morning I was late to class because I had overslept. I was running to my locker to get some supplies and..." He stopped not wanting to continue.

"And?" The boys both asked in unison, anxiously.

"...I looked back to make sure no teachers noticed and when I turned to look forward, I bumped into J-jongin" he finished,his face flushed and full of redness.

"Kyyaaa!" Baekhyun and Minseok both squealed at the same time like crazy teenage girls.

"Shut the hell up!" Kyungsoo didn't want any more attention given to them. Some nearby students were already giving them wierd glances. 

"What else?!" Baekhyun asked after he and Minseok were done. 

"Uh, he kept staring at me? But I'm pretty sure he was just confused" he explained. 

"Do you think he likes you hyung?" Minseok asked. His worried face was gone and was completely replaced with a cheerful grin. 

"No. I don't think so..A girl was asking him out when I came out of class. She was really pretty, so he probably said yes." he replied. He wasn't really sad. But he felt his heart clench when he mentioned it. Then he remembered about the only not-so-bad-but-still-pretty-awful thing that had occurred that morning. 

"Oh! I forgot to tell you guys that I got chosen to be the class representative for first period." He sighed. Not a single glint of happiness. "I'll have to go to a meeting on Friday, and a training camp in two weeks." 

"Really? Then I'll be class representative for my class period! It would be boring if it was only you!" Minseok stated.

"Me too!" Baekhyun followed.

Kyungsoo smiled. He was glad to have friends like these. Even if they were embarrassing and annoying sometimes. 

Most of the time. 

"Ok but it's gonna be a lot of work. And the event representative for our period will be chosen tonight." 

"When will our class and event representatives be chosen then?" Asked a confused Baekhyun. 
 
"Tomorrow." Kyungsoo answered.

Before they knew it, the bell that signaled lunch was over rang and all the students were trying to get to their next class. All three boys got up and said their goodbyes. Dumping their food in a nearby trash. Before heading for their afternoon classes.

〜・〜

For the rest of the day, Kyungsoo was relieved to be without Jongin, but he was still missed. Instead he took classes with some happy virus guy called Chanyeol. Who couldn't keep his damn mouth shut. But he himself had to admit, he made him smile from time to time. There was another cold guy called Luhan. Who always seemed completely bored but also very studious. Both of them kept stealing glances of Kyungsoo. But never said a word to him.

〜・〜

When Jongin arrived home from school, he was greeted by his three always-super-hyper poodles, Monggu (the oldest) Jjanggu (middle) and the youngest Jjangah. When he reached the kitchen his younger sister was already cooking dinner. Today was Wednesday, which meant his favorite food was cooked today, chicken. Jongin loved chicken. He kissed her on the forehead, before heading to his room for a quick shower then some studying. His "children" eagerly following behind. His parents were out of town for a few weeks. So the house was always left empty. 

〜・〜

Once he got out his hair was still damp. He had an oversize t-shirt and some shorts. It was the first month of spring but it was already boiling outside, even at night. When he was brushing his hair, his phone suddenly rang.

Weird. It was his first period teacher.

"Hello Jongin?" The voice on the other line asked 

"Yes? Hello." he replied 

"I have an offer for you, and I think it would be really good if you participated" 

"Yes?" He asked once more 

"Would you like to be event representative for the first period class? There will be four other students that will be chosen. One being you if interested. I already chose the class representative at school today. And the other four will be chosen from the other two classes of the day, tomorrow. You will all be in charge of events around the school. And all of the representatives for the grade will be going on a training camp in two weeks. There will also be a meeting on Friday for all have representatives of the grade." 

'Woah event representative? That's pretty big. But it would be good to put in my files for College. I'll tell Luhan and Chanyeol to join with me tomorrow at school'

"Jongin? Are you there?" His teacher asked.

"Ye-yeah I'm here. Yeah sure I'll join, but who is the class representative?" He asked. He didn't want to be with some creepy guy who was obsessed with getting good grades and participated in EVERYTHING.

"You'll know on Friday. But I think you two will get along just fine. I trust you both. Have a good night!" He said. Before Jongin could respond the other line was cut off.

"Well I guess I'm a representative now." He frowned. As he made his way down the stairs towards the kitchen.