Chapter 7: Madly

I'm Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 “Alright, 5 minutes break.” Everyone collapsed on the floor, as Choreo hyung announced.

 I’m dying.

 I rolled over the floor, clenching my stomach. I’m seriously dying here.  I’ve never thought that the idea of dying is better than doing another round of those dance routines.

“Hyung, are you okay?”

“Jimin, kill me.” The younger flinched and chuckled, throwing a towel over my face. What a rude kid. I’m finally asking him kindly.

“You’re doing great though. Cheer up, hyung. Practices are always this tiring.” Hoseok smiled, trying to encourage the remaining living life out of me. Let me tell you one thing, kid – it ain’t working.

“Great? Are you serious? I stumble at least three times every thirty seconds. Plus, I’m literally a talking corpse right now. I suggest you guys record what I’m saying right now. These are probably my last words.” Yes, I can see the light. I’ve lived long enough.

“Well, you’re a whole lot better than when Namjoon hyung first learned this dance.” Jimin giggled, receiving nods from Hoseok and a random Jungkook that appeared out of nowhere. This kid can seriously giggle. It’s no joke.

“Hey!” a shout from Namjoon was heard from the other side of the room. The rest of the boys laughed, including choreo hyung. Give up, Namjoon. Even the great Choreographer agreed. No one messes with that great man.

“Actually, what Hoseok said was true. Yoongi’s learning this dance a bit faster than he did before. In about a day or two, he’ll be able to master this. Well – maybe not as great as how Hoseok or Jimin could do it, but he’ll definitely be miles better than Namjoon and Jin.” Choreo hyung joked, receiving nods and laughs from the members, and a yelp from both Jin and Namjoon.

“I was kidding. Both of you did great. So now that the five minutes are over-“ before he could even finish his sentence, loud groans from the members were heard throughout the practice room. Yes, including me. All I want to do is curl up on my bed and put a sock on Taehyung and Jimin’s mouth. Those two won’t stop whining and still continued begging for another five minutes to choreo hyung, knowing those two are greedy for breaks.

After about a minute, both of them were given no choice but to get in their positions, along with all of us. With an enthusiastic Choreographer, and a group of seven boys who are preparing their death wishes, he resumed our practice. Before we could even start dancing, I raised my hand up.

“Hey, Choreo hyung.” I called, catching the attention of the older male.

“Yes, Yoongi?”

“Please kill me now.”

 

++++++

 

I sighed, sipping the cup of coffee I bought from the cafeteria. I remained in the practice room, alone. I remained seated on the floor, looking straight at the mirror. I continued staring at the reflection of Yoongi, amazed at how I’m inside another person. Sometimes I wonder to myself how would Yoongi react if he knew that I’m here, acting like I was him. Seriously, this is just like those fiction movies the members loves to watch, except it’s happening in real life.

I sighed again, leaning on the mirror. I never expected that I would feel empty, knowing that I’m alone right now. Which is weird since I’ve always been alone anyway. I guess this is what happens when Yoongi’s feelings gets mixed up in my system.

This , really. Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jin hyung have to attend their vocal lessons, while Namjoon and Hoseok are probably in the studio, trying to compose something. The reason why I’m here is because Choreo hyung advised me to practice more on my dancing since we’re debuting soon.

“Debut, huh?” another sigh escaped from my system. I don’t even know if I want to debut. I was just going along with what they tell me, but now that I’m actually going to be an idol, I really don’t know what to do. Should I really debut with these guys? But then I’ll be carrying a huge responsibility on my shoulders.

I looked at the mirror again, smiling a bit. Well, the least I could do for Yoongi is to fulfill his dream. Since I’m completely clueless on why I’m here, I’m just hoping to find answers along the way.

As I was pondering alone, the door opened, revealing a familiar face. “Oh, Yoongi. What are you doing here?”

“Pretending to be a chair.” She glared at me, showing an ‘are-you-serious’ face. Okay, okay. I get it. No need to put on that ugly look. 

“Well, the doctor finally said that I could start my practices today. So I did. Which was horrible.” I sulked, sipping my coffee again. Eunhae simply chuckled, approaching me.

“So what happened? How’d it go?” she asked, stealing my coffee and taking a sip from it. I couldn’t even mutter a word before the girl finished everything up. I heaved another sigh.

“Well, they said I did well. But I don’t really know. I think they’re just saying that to not upset me.” I honestly said, while Eunhae sat beside me, keeping her knees close to her chest. “Really?” she paused, “I was planning to practice by myself, but I think I’ll like it better if I practice with you. It’ll be just like when we were younger. What do you think?”

“I don’t know. I don’t think you’ll be of help to me at all.” I teased, receiving a glare from the girl. “In case you’re not aware, I was the ultimate dancing machine in my old company.”

“Still not convinced.”

“I beat Hoseok at the dancing game in the arcade.”

“Okay, I believe you. Let’s get started.” She laughed, helping me stand up. We helped each other stretch, doing a few basic steps. I was amazed at how flexible Eunhae is. Seriously, the girl is like being possessed by a spirit, in need of exorcism. It’s like she has no spine at all. It was freaky, but cool at the same time.

“Okay, so what do you want to learn about dancing?” she smiled, while I stared at her blankly.

“Everything.”

“Okay ….. this might take a while.” She scratched her head, clearly clueless about what to do first. She tried to do some moves, but decided to watch me do the dance routine we practiced earlier instead. Following her words, I got into my position and slowly started dancing. The dance may seem easy at first, but it gets complicated when it reaches the chorus. Looking at her face, she noticed that I did stumble at the breakdown after the chorus. I shook it off and continued to do my best. Finishing the dance, I spun around and posed dramatically, as how Choreo hyung instructed me for at least a dozen of times.

Huffing and sweating, I bent down on my knees, trying to catch my breath. Damn, I experienced death again. Before I could even glance at Eunhae, she dropped a towel over my head and offered some water. “You did well, Yoongi.”

I grabbed the towel and wiped the sweat off my forehead. I looked at the towel and noticed that it was color pink with a pink bunny embroidered at the edge. I sniffed it and yes, it does smell like Eunhae. It smelled like vanilla with a hint of strawberry. Yup, definitely Eunhae.

Eunhae looked at me, clearly weirded out. She stole her towel back while giving me a judging look. “You look like a sniffing my towel, you know.”

“What’s a ?”

“It’s a way to describe people like you.” She smirked, patting my shoulder.

“It must be a good thing then.” I nodded cluelessly, while the girl sneaked a few mocking laughter behind my back. “I don’t know about you, but the boys were right. You’re not that horrible, for a first timer. Kinda. All you need to do is practice more on the part after the chorus and smoothen up all your moves and you’re good to go.”

“How are you so sure?” I took the bottle of water and drank some.

“Well, firstly, I’ve seen you dance with your brother all the time. I know how much you could do, even far back when we were like 8 years old. In fact, you’re doing really well this time around. You were worse before. We’d even end up teasing you.” She smiled, while I did too. Yeah, maybe I am overreacting. This is my first time dancing. I even did better than Yoongi did before.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to teach you much, since your choreographer will mostly teach all of them along the way. Since you’re probably exhausted from all that dancing all day, why don’t we go to rapping?”

I nodded. Though I’m as clueless at the chair beside Eunhae.

“How about you try a bit.” I blinked, not knowing what to do. There was pure silence.

“How do you rap?” I finally asked. The girl’s jaw dropped, dumbfounded by my question. Though she’s not saying anything, the noises she makes clearly tells me that she’s having a mental breakdown right now. She covered her face with both her hands, making ‘Eunhae’ noises. Yup, definitely a mental breakdown.

“Yoongi, I- How do I even start? Oh my, I feel sad right now. The reason why you’re here is because you want to be a rapper but-“ she paused, “Alright, calm down.”

I think you’re the one that needs to calm down.

“I’ll help you, okay? Don’t worry. Okay, first I’ll let you listen to a rap verse. I just really, really hope you could somehow remember something in your system.” I doubt.

She took out her phone and plugged the earphones in my ears. She then played an upbeat song, while I listened closely. Right after the chorus, the rap verse came. My head shook back and forth while I felt the beat and rhythm. The rap wasn’t really a fast paced one, but more like a laid back type but it still grabs your attention. It’s my first time discovering the greatness of rap and damn, it’s freaking good. Soon, the song came to an end. Somehow, I became really interested in rap. No wonder Yoongi wanted to be a rapper.

“So, did you listen to it well? Did you get the concept of rap?” I nodded. “Good. How about you try and rap a verse in the song. Even just a bit.”

“Well, okay. Don’t laugh at me if I fail, Kim Eunhae.” She playfully winked, showing a thumbs up. I’ll take that as a no.

Reading the lyrics on her phone, trying to remember the rap I listened to earlier. I heaved a sigh, as she played the music again. As the rap part came, I opened my mouth. I rapped, following the rhythm of the song. I really don’t know if I was doing it right, but I didn’t really care. I was too busy rapping like I’m in my own world, engulfed by the beat and lyrics. After the first rap verse was over, I didn’t notice that I was doing the second rap verse too. Soon, I became very confident, doing some gestures with my other hand. As the lyrics flow out of my mouth, I didn’t notice that I was already creating my own lyrics. I stopped reading the lyrics for a while now, after I closed my eyes, only listening to the music. With the last sigh, I finally stopped and looked at Eunhae. “How did I do? Yeah, I did notice that I didn’t follow the lyrics a bit. So did I fail or-“

“What was that?” She stared at me, expressionless. I don’t know what she’s thinking right now but if she’s going to nag me to death, I’d rather not. Please. “I-don’t”

“Yoongi, that was beyond amazing. Are you sure you have amnesia? Were you secretly practicing while you were in your comatose state? This doesn’t sound like it came from a beginner at all. Sure, you could do better, but that was a lot better than what you did at the Big Hit auditions.” She grinned, looking at me with disbelief. Well, I guess this body does remember some stuff Yoongi did well before.

“But-“

“B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter